Quicken Loans National @ TPC Potomac

Comments

• gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX
    Creedo77 wrote:

Wanted to make a new thread about some news but I'll post it in here instead

I'm caddying for Alex Cejka this week! Super pumped, went out for a practice round today with him. Should be an interesting couple of days

Also, potentially going to caddie for an AM tomorrow in either Tiger or Rickies group!

I'll try to take some pics and give you guys the low down on what goes on during my week

that's sweet see if u can take a push cart? A friend wants to know......
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • Creedo77Creedo77 Members Posts: 733 ✭✭
    edited Jun 26, 2018 #63

I think Tiger has a really good chance here, and a pretty good chance at Carnoustie

he misses the cut here if he doesnt putt well....these greens are very tough to read, very subtle breaks.

he wont have to hit driver all that much so if he finds the fairways he's off to a good start
    PING G30 9*- Tour 65X
    PING G30 14.5*- Tour 65X
    PING i25 3-PW- CFS X
    PING Glide (SS) 50, 54, 58
    PING Anser
  • PGAroxPGArox Posts: 10,288 ✭✭
    Man, talk about a weak field. Beau Hossler for the win.
  • If Tiger isn't contending on the weekend against this field...
    Creedo77 wrote:

Wanted to make a new thread about some news but I’ll post it in here instead

I’m caddying for Alex Cejka this week!

Very cool. That's inside the ropes action. How the heck did this come about?
    PGArox wrote:

Creedo77 wrote:

I work at the course as a caddie and he originally needed someone for today’s practice round

His wife was going to caddie this week but today he said the course is a bit too hilly for her so once I heard that I didn’t hesitate to say that I’d do it

So did the practice round today, pretty chill day tomorrow and then we’re first off on Thursday morning
    PING G30 9*- Tour 65X
    PING G30 14.5*- Tour 65X
    PING i25 3-PW- CFS X
    PING Anser
    Creedo77 wrote:

PGArox wrote:

Creedo77 wrote:

I work at the course as a caddie and he originally needed someone for today’s practice round

His wife was going to caddie this week but today he said the course is a bit too hilly for her so once I heard that I didn’t hesitate to say that I’d do it

So did the practice round today, pretty chill day tomorrow and then we’re first off on Thursday morning.

Sweet!
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,269 ✭✭
    Creedo77 wrote:

PGArox wrote:

Creedo77 wrote:

I'm caddying for Alex Cejka this week!

I work at the course as a caddie and he originally needed someone for today's practice round

His wife was going to caddie this week but today he said the course is a bit too hilly for her so once I heard that I didn't hesitate to say that I'd do it

So did the practice round today, pretty chill day tomorrow and then we're first off on Thursday morning

If he wins you might be on the bag for a while image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    J13 wrote:

Creedo77 wrote:

PGArox wrote:

Creedo77 wrote:

I'm caddying for Alex Cejka this week!

I work at the course as a caddie and he originally needed someone for today's practice round

His wife was going to caddie this week but today he said the course is a bit too hilly for her so once I heard that I didn't hesitate to say that I'd do it

So did the practice round today, pretty chill day tomorrow and then we're first off on Thursday morning

If he wins you might be on the bag for a while image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

ha! i just want to make the cut...was talking about the Greenbrier but his wife is going to caddy for him next week since the course is flat.

i think he takes a lot of local guys because a buddy of mine who caddies at Scottsdale said he took a local there too (his brother was caddying for him for most of this season but had to go back to Germany because he plays pro hockey there)
    PING G30 9*- Tour 65X
    PING G30 14.5*- Tour 65X
    PING i25 3-PW- CFS X
    PING Anser
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,801 ✭✭
    I got him in my DK picks this week, rooting for you guys to hit a top ten! Ask him about why he uses a round CP2 iron grip on his putter. He seems like a chill dude. Have a blast out there this week!
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    Tiger and Fluff share a moment
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
    thevaporz wrote:

I got him in my DK picks this week, rooting for you guys to hit a top ten! Ask him about why he uses a round CP2 iron grip on his putter. He seems like a chill dude. Have a blast out there this week!

will do, thanks!

*when i took his putter out of the bag i thought it was his kids or something because its got to be like 30inches long
    PING G30 9*- Tour 65X
    PING G30 14.5*- Tour 65X
    PING i25 3-PW- CFS X
    PING Anser
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,769 ✭✭

Is this tournament worth watching if Tiger doesnt make the cut?

Is it really only Ricky and Tiger?
    image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> ..... do you nude sky dive for a hobby?

cause maybe you could take it up if Tiger doesn't make the cut.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,769 ✭✭
    PGArox wrote:

Man, talk about a weak field. Beau Hossler for the win.
    image/aggressive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':aggressive:' /> Jimmy (backstop) Walker for the win
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,162 ✭✭
    edited Jun 27, 2018 #76

tbowles411 wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

Parking for the event is 6 miles away at the Rock Springs Parking Lot, 6720 Rockledge Drive in Bethesda. Traffic is a nightmare.

6 miles?!?!? I couldn't do that

It's a show. Traffic is already bad here. Add in the tournament, it's going to be a worse nightmare. If he makes the cut, the weekend is going to be ugly bad. Not even normal bad.

Oh...come now. That’s all? That little curve doesnt look too bad. How about the 405 at the base of the Sepulveda Pass in West LA? I had to deal with this little piece of **** on earth for 5 years when I lived out there. Yikes. I just gave myself a flashback and shivered a little!!

9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,816 ✭✭

tbowles411 wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

Parking for the event is 6 miles away at the Rock Springs Parking Lot, 6720 Rockledge Drive in Bethesda. Traffic is a nightmare.

6 miles?!?!? I couldn't do that

It's a show. Traffic is already bad here. Add in the tournament, it's going to be a worse nightmare. If he makes the cut, the weekend is going to be ugly bad. Not even normal bad.

Oh...come now. That’s all? That little curve doesnt look too bad. How about the 405 at the base of the Sepulveda Pass in West LA? I had to deal with this little piece of **** on earth for 5 years when I lived out there. Yikes. I just gave myself a flashback and shivered a little!!

FYI DC area traffic is the worst in the country.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,269 ✭✭
    LA is the worst but DC isn't far behind. It's not a title a city wants that's for sure.
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13

How about the 405 at the base of the Sepulveda Pass in West LA? I had to deal with this little piece of **** on earth for 5 years when I lived out there.

Gotta know the shortcuts. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,162 ✭✭
    Been in Columbus 10 years now and I still chuckle a little bit every time someone gets angry about the traffic here.

...What? You were delayed 10 minutes? Oh, that’s just terrible! I’m so sorry. You must be mentally scarred from the experience.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 828 ✭✭
    2putttom wrote:

Is this tournament worth watching if Tiger doesnt make the cut?

Is it really only Ricky and Tiger?
    image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> ..... do you nude sky dive for a hobby?

cause maybe you could take it up if Tiger doesn't make the cut.

Never know... Big Cat is as unpredictable as a Kardashian these days.
    edited Jun 27, 2018 #82
    Creedo77 wrote:

I'm caddying for Alex Cejka this week! Super pumped, went out for a practice round today with him. Should be an interesting couple of days

Also, potentially going to caddie for an AM tomorrow in either Tiger or Rickies group!

I'll try to take some pics and give you guys the low down on what goes on during my week

Congrats OP. Keep us updated after the rounds! I'd love to hear some perspective about being inside the ropes.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,115 ✭✭
    edited Jun 27, 2018 #84
    Is it just me or did Stevie kind of seem like an a**hole?
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭

Is it just me or does Stevie kind of seem like an a**hole?

He’s one of the best if not the best caddie ever and he wants everyone to know that
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
    Holy Moses wrote:

He's one of the best if not the best caddie ever and he wants everyone to know that

Did Nicklaus always have the same caddy? I know his son came in later in his career but prior to that?
  • RobS14526RobS14526 Members Posts: 1,095 ✭✭

Holy Moses wrote:

He's one of the best if not the best caddie ever and he wants everyone to know that

Did Nicklaus always have the same caddy? I know his son came in later in his career but prior to that?

Angelo Argea (November 7, 1929 – October 10, 2005) was best known as the caddie for Jack Nicklaus.

Argea was born in Greece. He and Nicklaus first met at the Palm Springs Golf Classic in 1963, when Argea signed up to caddie for him. Argea continued to caddie for Nicklaus for over 20 years. During this time, he was on the bag for 44 of Nicklaus' 70 PGA Tour wins (that tally would later be revised to 73 when British Open wins were added to PGA Tour win records). Argea was easily recognizable by his gray afro. Of Argea, Nicklaus has remarked, "Essentially, he has been retired since he was twenty-one."[1]

A golfer once noticed that Argea didn't read greens, step off the yardage or select clubs, so he asked Argea, "What exactly do you do for Jack?" Argea replied, "He asked me to do two things. When he's not playing well, one, remind him that he's the best golfer out there. And two, that there's plenty of holes left."

"Angelo was known for his ... gray afro, but he should also be known for being an excellent caddie," Nicklaus said.
  • stanger37stanger37 Posts: 350 ✭✭

Is it just me or did Stevie kind of seem like an a**hole?

missed it, what he do
    Nike Vapor Fly Driver 9.5*
    ]Nike Vapor Fly 3W 15*
    Nike Vapor Fly 7W 21*
    Taylormade PSI 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 52/10
    Cleveland CG15 56/14
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
    Odyessy O-Works #7
    Alright boys round 1 off in about 90 minutes

No over night rain but the greens will still be softer than normal

Think today’s low round is 66....fingers crossed it’s Cejka
    PING G30 9*- Tour 65X
    PING G30 14.5*- Tour 65X
    PING i25 3-PW- CFS X
    PING Anser
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 1,586 ✭✭
    Supposed to be ultra-hot around here by Saturday.
  • nogamejamesnogamejames Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭
    Anyone watching at the moment? If so how and where ?
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
    3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
    4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
    4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
    5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
    50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
    Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7