2019 PGA Tour Schedule

13»

Comments

• BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game Members Posts: 320
    Did anyone else notice that the Presidents Cup will be in December?
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,755 ✭✭
    BRS2014 wrote:

As it was the last time it was played in Australia.

Will the US pick the team after the Tour Championship or will players need to play in the fall to make the team for Captain Big Cat?
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • jmckjmck Members Posts: 4,277 ✭✭

BRS2014 wrote:

Will the US pick the team after the Tour Championship or will players need to play in the fall to make the team for Captain Big Cat?

Well, you'd hope they set the team in stone after the Tour Championship because that makes good sense, but I don't put it past them to stretch it out into the fall to add drama and give the what-used-to-be-silly-season events a boost.
  • BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game Members Posts: 320

BRS2014 wrote:

In 1998 it was in December. The last time they were in Australia was 2011 and the event was in mid November.

• Donovan84Donovan84 Members Posts: 19

I'm excited to see an event in MN but the week of July 4th is going to be interesting to see how well it does.

Agree. I'll be curious to see the changes to the TPC course that has been used by the Champions Tour that has seen very low scoring. I know they are lengthening it and tightening the fairways, but curious to see any new hazards added. I kind of wished they picked a different course. I know Hazeltine doesn't want a yearly tour stop, but I thought Windsong Farm could be an option. I've heard Olympic Hills wants a tour stop, but I'm guessing logistics (especially parking) would be tough there. An LPGA event there would be great.
  • HankshankHankshank Members Posts: 1,556 ✭✭
    edited Sep 20, 2018 #67
    Bump this, I have not really looked at the schedule until now when the new golf year is coming up ant the schedule has been made available on the PGA tour home page

https://www.pgatour....edule.2019.html

Some general comments:

- Nothing exciting until Hawaii as before and that works for me. You kind of need a break.

- As before,slow rampup leading to the florida Swing when it all really starts, with the Trump Championship in Mexico as the bridge between the west coast and florida swing, an improvement

- The florida swing back to its former glory which is good, maybe the Valspar and Players should have been swapped to make Players the finale which would have seemed logical.

- Nothing much to say about the remainder of march and April, Masters is the big **** which needs a bit of breath before and after. Houston was maybe better than San Antonio as the entree, I wonder how many will take part in San Antonio. It's a really exciting course from TV watching perspective, but not much like the Masters.

- May definitely needs PGA Champs. My only concern there is that the Memorial, which is a really exciting tournament is too soon after. Maybe.

- The summer upto The Open, pretty much the same with the respective Majors as the big events of the respective month.

- After the Open things will be a little quiter than before, especially next year with no big events outside the tours. No Majors. I think its good. There has been a logjam of all-the-best-there tournaments in the fall the last years, simply too much. And I think the Tour Championship will get back a little of its function of really ending the season as it had before.

All in all, it looks good to me!
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    **** Valspar totally screwed, hope TW comes back as he almost won this year.....
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1