FJ Pro SL

WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,246 ClubWRX
What is the word on these? waterproofing, grip, fit?

I see a new 2019 line on front page really digging the grey with white laces combo slated for January release.
F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line Fang
TM TP5X

Comments

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    I have two pairs and have played in wet conditions with them with no issues slipping or getting feet wet. They are the best spikeless shoes I’ve owned. As for the 2019 version other than a design change with the saddle they look to be the same construction and I plan to grab a pair or two
  • portlandportland Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭
    My favorite shoe. Checks all the boxes for a spikeless shoe. I do wish they had a version with removable spikes. Rotating 4 pairs the last 12-15 months, my rear spikes on all 4 are completely worn down. That said, I like buying new shoes so the spikes wearing down give me a good excuse image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,246 ClubWRX
    Thanks.

I have not owned a FJ shoe since original Hyperflex. I tried on the Hyperflex 2, and they fit better than the original, seemed a bit wider. If these fit similar they should work.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • DUBSTEPDUBSTEP Members Posts: 247
    I have Pro SL and Dryjoy casual, both are fantastic and some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. As above though, i wish they had removable spikes though because both have worn down somewhat quickly. Ive only had my Pro SL for 10 months and in use for less than half that and already the front and back spikes are wearing down.
    Driver - Taylormade M2 2016 9.5* w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 75
    4 Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5 w/ Fujikura Pro TS 84
    Hybrid - Ping G25 20* w/ TFC 189 Tour
    Irons - Ping i200 w/ Project X 6.0
    Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS Tour S
    Putter - Scotty Cameron X7M 35"
  • medicoreMAgolfermedicoreMAgolfer Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    I walk and carry 70% of my rounds and find them uncomfortable and blister causing. I’ve long worn FJs, but switched to Eccos this season and couldn’t be happier

Grip, waterproofing, look all good on these shoes and I suspect if I played golf out of a cart I would rave about them, but over a 6-7 mile walk I get blisters. Likely a personal fit issue for me, but thought I would share. Oh and I have two pairs and issue happens in both
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,246 ClubWRX

I walk and carry 70% of my rounds and find them uncomfortable and blister causing. I've long worn FJs, but switched to Eccos this season and couldn't be happier

Grip, waterproofing, look all good on these shoes and I suspect if I played golf out of a cart I would rave about them, but over a 6-7 mile walk I get blisters. Likely a personal fit issue for me, but thought I would share. Oh and I have two pairs and issue happens in both

I switched to Ecco from Nike this year, very happy.

I may just stick.

Thanks all.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭
    I just picked up the new design. They fit great, super comfy, great grip wet or dry and look the part. My only gripe is that my left one is noisy. I just cleaned and applied conditioner so hopefully they will begin to set in.

I tried the new ecco hybrid and they are not as well designed as the last. The leather is thin and deforms quite a bit.
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

I walk and carry 70% of my rounds and find them uncomfortable and blister causing. I've long worn FJs, but switched to Eccos this season and couldn't be happier

I switched to Ecco from Nike this year, very happy.

I may just stick.

Thanks all.

All I wear, although I’ve been following the Biom 3 thread and plan on grabbing a pair at some point. The SL is by far the most worn shoe on tour, watch a Euro event where guys can wear whatever and take a look at how many are on the course.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • ESPESP ClubWRX Posts: 628 ClubWRX
    I haven't worn FJ in a while and have gravitated to Adidas over the last 10 years or so. I was out of town on a trip and forgot my Adidas and the golf shop had a limited selection and I ended up getting a pair of the FJ Pro SLs and have been pleasantly surprised. They are comfortable, stable and have good traction. I haven't had them out in wet conditions and have only had them three weeks so I can't speak to their performance in wet conditions or longevity but I like them as well as any Adidas I have had recently.
    M3 440 10* Aldila Tour Green S<br />M3 3w MRC Pro White 70 TX<br />SLDR 17* Black Tie Stiff<br />JPX 900 Tour (4-9), C-Taper 120S<br />Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58, C-Taper 120S<br />Bettinardi BB0 DASS
  • portlandportland Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭
    Mr. Grumpy wrote:

I just picked up the new design. They fit great, super comfy, great grip wet or dry and look the part. My only gripe is that my left one is noisy. I just cleaned and applied conditioner so hopefully they will begin to set in.

I tried the new ecco hybrid and they are not as well designed as the last. The leather is thin and deforms quite a bit.

Did you have the 2017/18 model also? Just wondering if the sizing/fit is identical between both the old and new model.
    Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    I have a few of the 2017/18 models. GREAT shoe, but the Adidas Tour Boost 360 are WAY more comfortable for my feet. The Adidas just fit my foot better, are softer and more comfortable. Walk 18 all the time, and my feet are sore with the FJ's...and not at all with the Adidas.
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,797 ✭✭
    Is there any real changes other than slight cosmetic ones? They look pretty much the same as last year.
    4rheel wrote:

Is there any real changes other than slight cosmetic ones? They look pretty much the same as last year.

I can’t see one. To me it’s just the change where the saddle was
  • C-radC-rad Members Posts: 2,587 ✭✭
    I bought the first generation, fit well but nike fit my feet better.
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • chadly643chadly643 Members Posts: 453 ✭✭
    Now that the 2019 models are out there should be heavy discounts on old stock. If they are indeed very similar may be a great time to give these a try. I rocked sketchers elite this summer and was quite happy with them though they look quite tired already. For the cost I definitely got my money’s worth out of the sketchers but I got multiple seasons out of my last pair of FJs.
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭
    portland wrote:

Mr. Grumpy wrote:

Did you have the 2017/18 model also? Just wondering if the sizing/fit is identical between both the old and new model.

No, this is my first pair.. They felt fantastic in the store, and fine on the course. The left one is still noisy. The insole is THICK! I may go for a custom with more arch support.
  • Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Members Posts: 156 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #18
    you cant tell me that the new Pro SL BOA is better looking than the old one.

Footjoy has been making some absolute s*** show shoes in the past few years.

and for $200? GTFO.

FJ_53275_01.jpg?sw=1024&sh=1024&sm=fit&sfrm=jpg

FJ_56848_01.jpg?sw=1024&sh=1024&sm=fit&sfrm=jpg
    I like the look of the new ones. I don’t care about BOA system since I van the my own shoes and I don’t have issues with them coming untied during a round.

There are only a couple lines from FJ that I haven’t liked mostly just the contour fit and the arc sl
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 724 ✭✭
    i honestly cant justify wearing anything other than ecco. They may look old and tired, but your feet wont feel that way. As a walker, (i probably walk 100 rounds a year), i cant recommend them enough. I do have a pair of the Pro SL, and it took me a few rounds to "break them in", however they are now my range shoes as they simply cant compare to eccos when walking 18.
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • AnserAnser ClubWRX Posts: 2,207 ✭✭
    Bought a pair right before my trip to Bethpage/Ferry and they were excellent
    TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • golferdrmjrgolferdrmjr Members Posts: 956 ✭✭
    payerasjl wrote:

i honestly cant justify wearing anything other than ecco. They may look old and tired, but your feet wont feel that way. As a walker, (i probably walk 100 rounds a year), i cant recommend them enough. I do have a pair of the Pro SL, and it took me a few rounds to "break them in", however they are now my range shoes as they simply cant compare to eccos when walking 18.
    This is an example of how everyone is different. I walk 150 rounds a year, almost all of them in FJ Icons. One pair of Hyperflex and one pair of DryJoys Tour Casuals (the shoes that turned into the Pro SL) fill out the rest of the rounds. My feet are fine when I'm done with the round! Very happy with them and for "Me" they fit "My" feet perfectly. :-)
  • SAM_PGASAM_PGA PGA Professional Knoxville, TNMembers Posts: 614 ✭✭
    FWIW... The #1 FootJoy Shoe on Tour is the Pro SL followed by the ICON. The SL has been #2 for a couple years behind the ICON but took the lead this year. The fit of any shoe is subjective as is spikeless vs. spiked, but to me it's pretty impressive that the #1 shoe on tour is a spikeless model.
    TITLEIST - VOKEY - SCOTTY CAMERON
    TS3 9.5º - ATTAS 6Star 6x     TS3 16.5º @ 15.75º - COOOL 7x     818 H2 21º @ 20º - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
    AP3 4-6 & AP2 7-P - DGTI AMT X100     SM7 50.12F  54.14F  60.12D @ 58º - DGTI S400
    Circle T Newport 2 Mid - Kuchar Prototype Arm Lock - Milled 7º Loft - Super Stroke 17" Tour - 42"
  • sos7sos7 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I’ve only worn eccos but thinking of changing cause not to keen on the new Ecco design. Tried pro sl vs puma, ua, adidas, sketchers and the pro sl was the only one to give me that good feel and solid stability
  • HackerD  HackerD Student of the game Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭
    payerasjl wrote:

Which model of Ecco are you wearing?
    Ping G30 12°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3-4H
    Mizuno JPX-850 5-GW
    Vokey SM 54.14
    Cally MD PM 58.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,660 ✭✭
    The design on the side looks like a modified Puma.
  • Wall-EWall-E Members Posts: 325 ✭✭

and for $200? GTFO.

It does seem like they have been increasing prices all around board but I must say Pro/SL is a pretty fantastic shoe in terms of comfort and stability.

and for $200? GTFO.

Where are you seeing these for $200? The fj website has them listed as $189.99 which is the same price as the original version
  • Wall-EWall-E Members Posts: 325 ✭✭
    You think the boa prices are expensive, look at the laughable prices they are charging for the 1857 collection: https://www.fj1857.com/welcome

So stupid.
  • garethwgarethw Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    I played early this morning. The course was soaking as we are in the midst of Monsoon season. My feet stayed bone dry in my Pro SL, no slippage issues. The only downside I seem to have is the middle row of spikes wears quite quickly, this has happened on both pairs I own.
    Ping G400 MAX 9*.
    Ping G 3 wood.
    Taylormade Aeroburner 4h.
    Ping I200 4-PW.
    Vokey SM6, 50F, 54S, 58K.
    Cameron & Crown Newport M2.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,964 ClubWRX
    I bought my first pair about 6 months ago in a 10.5 regular. They felt narrow and I don't have wide feet, but after 4 or 5 rounds they have broken in nicely and are super comfortable to walk 18 in. I just recently bought a second pair, but this time I went with a size 10w. I think I like the fit a little better with the wide... still have to break them in like the first pair but I have no complaints so far with either. I bought the previous generation now that they new ones are out and got them for $129.99. The SLs are a quality shoe, glad I finally found something I like everything about.
    Mizuno ST190G Atmos black TS 9*
    Mizuno ST180 Tensei blue 15*
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV