NEW!! Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft

fatrambofatrambo ClubWRX Posts: 143 ClubWRX
I was just doing my nightly browse on the golf sites and I came across Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft putters. It looks like they came out with a few different head styles, and my favorite, the #11 with a slant neck. Does anyone have any more information about these?

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/golf-clubs/putters/#/?profile_id=37f7c29832fddaff2d8698a8a01f5ba7&session_id=1837b98e-d67f-11e8-8ed8-0242ac110002&authorized_profile_id=&Searchcat1=Putters&Gender=Mens&Dexterity=Right&search_return=all&Brand=Cleveland+Golf

Comments

• lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam Members Posts: 442 ✭✭
    How much more soft can they be? I have a Huntington Beach that I used to play and the deep killing made it the softest putter I have ever hit... I wondering what these will feel like.
  • fatrambofatrambo ClubWRX Posts: 143 ClubWRX

How much more soft can they be? I have a Huntington Beach that I used to play and the deep killing made it the softest putter I have ever hit... I wondering what these will feel like.

I'm curious too. They aren't listed on cleveland golf's website.
  • Willian70Willian70 Members Posts: 383 ✭✭
    edited Nov 2, 2018 #4
    Just got the email this morning about this new line. They are on the website now.
    Callaway EPIC 10.5 Oban Purple
    Cobra Baffler 16* Tour Ad Di 7x
    Callaway X HOT PRO 19* V2
    Titleist 910h 23* Diamana
    PING g25 5-UW Tour Elevate x100
    Ping Glide 54, 58 s400
    Spider tour Black
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members Posts: 359 ✭✭
    New designs on the website now—there is an offering in an 8.5, 11C, and 12. I already own a 2, 3, and 6C. Looks like Cleveland will be getting more of my money...
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    Cleveland dropped the ball by making the head weights 370g which is way too heavy...

If these were 350g I would have bought one by now.

- Josh
  • achappyachappy Members Posts: 1,112 ✭✭
    DeacLaw05 wrote:

New designs on the website now—there is an offering in an 8.5, 11C, and 12. I already own a 2, 3, and 6C. Looks like Cleveland will be getting more of my money...

I've been eyeing the 2 for a few weeks now. No where to demo but I love the look of it. Single dot alignment with parallel lines! I haven't used a toe down putter in YEARS so I'm a little leary. But the single bend shaft seems like it's not as bad.
    Srixon 785 10.5 Hazard 75
    Srixon F85 3W Hazard 75
    Srixon H85 19* Hazard 85
    Srixon 745 DG105 S300 3-PW
    Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58*
    Ping Zing 5BZ
  • jholzjholz Members Posts: 1,367 ✭✭
    The #11 TFi 2135 always looked good to me (as a #7 devotee), but I like the look of the Huntington Soft better. Cleaner, not as busy. Pretty sweet they offer both slant neck and double bend options.

Regardless of model, Cleveland putters have a great reputation for low cost and high quality.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • ChrisLC40ChrisLC40 Rochester, NYMembers Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I'm eyeing the #6. I have that model in the classic series and love it. Hopefully it will be offered in LH as their site only lists righty.
    Cleveland HB Launcher 10.5
    Cobra F8 3W 16
    Ping G400 4H
    Ping i210 4-W
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 60
    Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT #1
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,142 ✭✭

Cleveland dropped the ball by making the head weights 370g which is way too heavy...

- Josh

To be fair, they do have one model that is 350, the 1.
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members Posts: 359 ✭✭
    achappy wrote:

DeacLaw05 wrote:

I've been eyeing the 2 for a few weeks now. No where to demo but I love the look of it. Single dot alignment with parallel lines! I haven't used a toe down putter in YEARS so I'm a little leary. But the single bend shaft seems like it's not as bad.

The 2 is what I have in the bag currently, and I really like it. I bought it sight unseen online (one of the great things about these putters is that the price point isn’t prohibitive in that respect). I like the toe down alignment in that it feels remarkably easy to set the putter up squarely behind the ball.

I did a little reading on the new line—the SOFT stands for Speed Optimized Face Technology. Essentially, it means that the ball will travel the same distance regardless of whether it is hit in the center of the putter face or whether it is mis-hit. Looking forward to trying one of these out.
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    th6252 wrote:

- Josh

True but mid mallets are all the rage now...image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Cleveland must think everyone plays a 33" putter because at 34-35" a 370g head is a sledge hammer!

- Josh
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 633 ✭✭
    It seems a lot of companies including Cleveland are going after the TR Groove concept. I'm sure others came before PING with this tech but it seems to work. These definitely have my attention at the price point.
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭
    Very cool, and unexpected! These look really clean. The 6, 8.5 and 11 are lookin sweet. 1/2 shaft offsets too woohoo!!! The 8.5 is very cool design with a top line and hidden hosel!!! A mid mallet with no alignment line on the flange?? Is that a first for any OEM?

Interesting design for a great price... has me intrigued.
  • jacobvtjacobvt Members Posts: 8

They're actually similar to HB Collection at center and firmer as you move heel/toe.
  • ac49801ac49801 Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Wow. Might just give the 11 a whirl. You can even change the paint fill for just $10. Loft and lie changes are free.
  • MgovMgov Members Posts: 8
    edited Nov 2, 2018 #17
    And no love for us lefties. Still a 1 and that's it.
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭

th6252 wrote:

- Josh

True but mid mallets are all the rage now...image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Cleveland must think everyone plays a 33" putter because at 34-35" a 370g head is a sledge hammer!

- Josh

Agree with this. I would give the 11 a serious look if it were lighter. 360g I could live with at 35” but 370g, no way. Feels like a sledge hammer as you said.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • achappyachappy Members Posts: 1,112 ✭✭
    Well I lucked up today and got a change to hit the new models in a local Golf Store (Duke's in Annapolis). I was really impressed with the 11. It set up beautifully behind the ball and it's actually a relatively small head. Felt amazing! Really easy to align. Couldn't really tell any benefits of the face on the few putts I hit. I also tried the 6 but the look didn't really fit my eye.

I had to rush out as I was just getting a club quickly bent but I'll go back and hit some more. Definitely impressed with the little I saw.
    Srixon 785 10.5 Hazard 75
    Srixon F85 3W Hazard 75
    Srixon H85 19* Hazard 85
    Srixon 745 DG105 S300 3-PW
    Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58*
    Ping Zing 5BZ
  • jdmorris1980jdmorris1980 Members Posts: 1,505 ✭✭
    Sean289 wrote:

th6252 wrote:

- Josh

- Josh

Agree with this. I would give the 11 a serious look if it were lighter. 360g I could live with at 35” but 370g, no way. Feels like a sledge hammer as you said.

I am on the other side of the spectrum, and appreciate a good “sledgehammer”
  • skralyskraly ClubWRX Posts: 1,538 ClubWRX
    Mgov wrote:

And no love for us lefties. Still a 1 and that's it.

The Huntington Beach Soft #11 comes in lh. I’ve ordered one.
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,258 ✭✭

Sean289 wrote:

th6252 wrote:

- Josh

True but mid mallets are all the rage now... image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

- Josh

Agree with this. I would give the 11 a serious look if it were lighter. 360g I could live with at 35" but 370g, no way. Feels like a sledge hammer as you said.

I am on the other side of the spectrum, and appreciate a good "sledgehammer"

I'm with you. I don't even consider 350 gram putters anymore.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Jaygolf37Jaygolf37 All Go. No Quit. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    I picked up this one today. It is a great stick. Sits well & produces excellent roll.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
    BioCell 3W w/ Aldila Tour Green ATX65
    F9 Speedback 3 Hybrid w/ Atmos
    JPX Forged EZ w/ KBS 115’s
     Callaway Wedges
    Taylormade Black Spider Tour or Odyssey Black Tour Design #4
    ...all subject to “adjustment” per WRX societal norms...
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

I picked up this one today. It is a great stick. Sits well & produces excellent roll.

Lovely looking putter. I may have to pick one of these up. Does it have a little less toe hang than a standard Anser?
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
  • kess13kess13 So I just put the ball in the hole... Members Posts: 1,290 ✭✭
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

Thanks for the top down. I have some credit at RBG that’s about to used I think. How’s the stock grip?
    Bio Cell
    F6 baffler
    MP54
    T7/eye2XG Lob
    Mills Ming
    Sean289 wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

Lovely looking putter. I may have to pick one of these up. Does it have a little less toe hang than a standard Anser?

Thanks. Toe hang is just past 8 o’clock
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    kess13 wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

Thanks for the top down. I have some credit at RBG that’s about to used I think. How’s the stock grip?

Terrible. I swapped it upon buying.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
  • taylormade113taylormade113 Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

This is the same one I am looking at! I was blown away with the Huntington Line - the most underrated and under valued putter for the price point!

This one has everything that I love in a putter shape of a Notchback, sight line of the Juno and the feel of a deep etched Scotty. What is not to like!
  • Weezer2Weezer2 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

kess13 wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

Thanks for the top down. I have some credit at RBG that's about to used I think. How's the stock grip?

What grip did you go with?
    Ping G400 Max 9* Alta CB
    Callaway X2 Hot 4 Wood 17* Aldila Tour Blue 60 Stiff
    TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19* Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Mizuno EZ Forged 4-GW XP 95 Stiff
    Cleveland CBX 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Odyssey #7 White Ice - 34 inches
    Srixon Q Star Tour
    Weezer2 wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

kess13 wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

Thanks for the top down. I have some credit at RBG that's about to used I think. How's the stock grip?

What grip did you go with?

Golf Pride Tour Tradition with an extra wrap. It’s my go to. I really like this putter.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

Thanks. Toe hang is just past 8 o’clock

Just wondering, did you by any chance make a typo when you mentioned that it has about an 8 o clock toe hang? I am basing this on the fact that a standard toe hang of an Anser is about 4:30. Unless you are saying 8 o clock as if it were left handed. Thanks.