ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswedepseudoswede Advanced Members Posts: 1,281 ✭✭
edited January 2 in Rockies WRX Chapter
This is an annual thread for Colorado residents. Feel free to post anything Colorado golf-related in this thread. For example...
  • Great deals on green fees or club memberships*
  • Recommendations for Colorado club fitters, swing coaches, etc.
  • Looking for a playing partner/golf league/club membership
  • Colorado golf course news/reviews
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing shorts and a t-shirt ... in January
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing snow gear ... in June
  • Accomplishing the Colorado duofecta of skiing and golfing on the same day

* For some odd reason, club was hyperlinked to somewhere. I didn't do that. I removed it, and hopefully it doesn't come back.
Post edited by Unknown User on
"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Comments

• brianhorne8brianhorne8 Advanced Members Posts: 1,373 ✭✭
    Too funny. Beat me to it by a mere few minutes.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Advanced Members Posts: 3,206 ✭✭
    Up to a blazing 17° now. At least it is sunny and no wind. Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday. We try to get a round in every month.
  • CDMCDM Advanced Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    edited January 1

Up to a blazing 17° now. At least it is sunny and no wind. Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday. We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but **** do I have that "itch" again to play =)

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all. *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event. Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them... "Early Season Shank Fest" to " **** Snap Hook - I messed my swing up this summer" image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
  • stoneydukesstoneydukes ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 280 ClubWRX
    CDM wrote:

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but **** do I have that "itch" again to play =)

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all. *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event. Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them... "Early Season Shank Fest" to " **** Snap Hook - I messed my swing up this summer" image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

What driver did you end up with?
    Ping G400 Tour 65 S
    Cobra F7 3-4 15.5* Fujikura Pro 65S
    Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW NS Pro 1150GH S
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    EvnRoll ER2
    edited January 2

CDM wrote:

TS3. I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago. As soon as I hit the TS3 it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing. I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found. They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price", I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at 65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock. No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its **** cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once OR E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it. The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Advanced Members Posts: 1,281 ✭✭
    The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • Joker91Joker91 Advanced Members Posts: 370 ✭✭
    Snow and below 0° temps to start the year, sunny and 60°+ by Friday and Saturday. Gotta love CO winter. I'm planning on playing at least 9 on Friday

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.
    CDM wrote:

CDM wrote:

TS3. I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago. As soon as I hit the TS3 it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing. I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found. They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price", I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at 65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock. No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its **** cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once OR E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it. The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.
    I just found out that my daughter's gymnastics team is competing at The Broadmoor late afternoon on Super Bowl Sunday. That means driving down early on Saturday so the kids can go to the pool... and hopefully I can play 10 or 20 holes for free on their winter course. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Advanced Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭
    edited January 2

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

Take advantage of that Millennial Discount they offer!

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.
  • QuesoQueso Advanced Members Posts: 190
    jacobEDGE wrote:

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.
  • DancinDancin Advanced Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Queso wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart
    Dancin wrote:
    Queso wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha
    Queso wrote:

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.

CDM wrote:

CDM wrote:

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.

I did hit both. Very nice and both felt really good but I did get better numbers from the TS3. I will note the TS3 really seems to have a different "0sound/feel" depending on the shaft you use. Same issue I had with the EPIC, hated the feel of the Fuji shafts though numbers where really good, put in the AD DI and it was night and day. TS3 seems to be just like that.

The best driver numbers went to the TS2 honestly. It was just tad bit better overall with same shafts. I just could not get past the look of the head. If anyone is looking for long and straight hands down try the TS2. M3/M4... like all TM's I cant get along with and not sure why.

Queso wrote:

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.

The other thing you have to watch with the Ridge at Castle Pines North in winter is they will open with half the fairway covered in snow on some holes. One time I was hitting to 30 foot wide strips on a couple holes.
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Advanced Members Posts: 937

They run specials on packs (4 or 5 rounds) a couple times a year, which ends up breaking down to less than $60/rd. You usually have to jump on it that day since they have limited supply on them, so you should sign up for their newsletter.
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • seven deweyseven dewey Advanced Members Posts: 515
    Why is this snow not melting faster?

Fir those of you up north how is it looking?
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

I’m in Loveland and I’d bet folks will be playing most of the courses up here tomorrow/this weekend - snow is pretty much gone here.
    edited January 3
    My boss is skiing today and is planning to play where ever possible in Denver tomorrow.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • Golfing BoilerGolfing Boiler Advanced Members Posts: 180
    Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.
    Anyone looking at Titleist driver... If you have an "exotic" shaft (Titleist words) / aftermarket shaft that IS listed on their approved shafts, they will NO LONGER put an adapter on it for you. I got an email today from Titleist on this. A club pro I know who is sponsored by Titleist was sending my shaft in to have it done.

You have to buy the club with the shaft, or no deal and they still will not sell you an adapter separate.

So $500 for the driver, $360 for the shaft and then add in tax..... So 9 Bills all because of the adapter....???

Just in case anyone is thinking of a Titleist Driver. (I still have my 915 driver so I will pull that adapter OR Ebay )

Got an email from Colorado National saying they will be open tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to play here in Westminster.
    I'm shocked. There's still a good amount of snow on the ground here in Cap Hill.
  • Coupeguy23Coupeguy23 Members Posts: 15
    Happy New Year guys!

Getting a round in at Riverdale Dunes on Sunday at 11:17, looking forward to my first round of 2019 being better.

Would be interested in the COWRX event sounds like it would be a blast!
    Current WITB
    Driver - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Black
    3W - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Red
    4H - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Black
    Irons - Wilson FG Tour V6 Raw with KBS $-Taper Stiff Shafts 4-G
    Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 CB Wedges 54/58
    Putter - Bettinardi Inovai 2.0
    Golf Galaxy is hosting a late-night fitting event for Callaway's new Epic Flash line next Thursday from 8:30-10:30pm. I might be interested in going. Lots of bars nearby, too....

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,262 ClubWRX

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!
    Taylormade M1 (2016 tour head) 9.9 degree Tensei Pro Orange 70g Stiff
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    -or-
    Titleist AP2 716 (3-PW) TT S-300 AMT
    Miura 52* GW KBS Tour stiff
    Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,262 ClubWRX

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.

Well, isn't that the truth about Collindale. I suppose aiming left might help but don't hit it straight or the left trees will get you. Collindale is my home course. Play well!!!
    Taylormade M1 (2016 tour head) 9.9 degree Tensei Pro Orange 70g Stiff
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    -or-
    Titleist AP2 716 (3-PW) TT S-300 AMT
    Miura 52* GW KBS Tour stiff
    Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips
    Walking my first 2019 at Indian Peaks tomorrow AM. Hoping the warm weather today cleared off the snow.
    Ping G400 Tour 65 S
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    EvnRoll ER2
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Advanced Members Posts: 937

Golf Galaxy is hosting a late-night fitting event for Callaway's new Epic Flash line next Thursday from 8:30-10:30pm. I might be interested in going. Lots of bars nearby, too....

As much as I'd love to, I'd likely come home with a brand new driver....hence why I had a Rogue in my bag last year! And that was without alcohol, so i would be doomed lol.

Plus we have a party to go to already, which is probably a good thing!
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1

I got that email too. I was hoping it was for irons too as I would like to see the new Apex Pros to compare to my current ones.

Probably will have to go over as it is right by the office image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
  • 007iron007iron Advanced Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Got my first swings of 2019 yesterday on a FlightScope simulator- got to go through a combine type deal with my instructor and test driving accuracy, long, mid-range and short approaches. Then played a par-3 course. Was a fun session.

Leave for Naples in 2 weeks from Monday. 4 days of golf in ideally 75/80 degree weather as its snowy and cold again this weekend up here near Glenwood.
    What’s up with courses charging so much when there is snow on greens/fairways? We ended up playing Family Sports cause it was only $13 to walk nine. I just can’t justify paying $40+ to play golf right now in these conditions. Even my beloved Links is only knocking off $2 when they have 1 and a half holes closed until March.
  • 007iron007iron Advanced Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    So ridiculous; in general the whole golf industry should use more demand based pricing but the lack of winter rates in Colorado is insane. They know we're degenerates...
    I think it depends on the course...most of the ones up North are on winter rates ($22 at Olde Course, $26 at Highland Meadows, boomerang is like $30)...all walking, of course, but walking in winter is better than the icy breeze of a cart ride anyway.
    edited January 7
    I didn't realize how inexpensive it could possibly be for a Toptracer (formerly Protracer) range session.

https://www.toptracer.com/range/

The one in Arizona charges $12 for 50 balls (or an hour, whichever comes first)--if you get through all 50 before the hour, then pay whatever the current going rate is for range balls.

Hopefully someone in Colorado will invest in it (ideally Family Sports).

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"

Well, isn't that the truth about Collindale. I suppose aiming left might help but don't hit it straight or the left trees will get you. Collindale is my home course. Play well!!!

Scored about my average for Collindale when I got out.

Was able to stay out of the trees for the most part, but got really lucky on #3, pushed the drive to the right and was trying to hit a punch 5 iron to the green. It went higher than intended, hit a tree branch that popped it up in the air and then it proceeded to end up pin high on the green setting me up for a 3 putt bogey image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • GmcourtneyGmcourtney Advanced Members Posts: 191
    007iron wrote:

So ridiculous; in general the whole golf industry should use more demand based pricing but the lack of winter rates in Colorado is insane. They know we're degenerates...

They keep charging it, because I keep paying it. Lol. Last year I did the GVR players club deal, so walking 18 this time of year was only like 23 bucks. I was kind of grumpy paying $45 on Sunday. It doesn’t look like I’m going to play there too much this upcoming year. They’re not doing the discount pass again and the rates are going up. I enjoy the course but not enough to want to pay 65+ to walk in season.

Speaking of winter rates... what’s COWrx’s opinion on Buffalo Run? Looks like their winder rates are 20-30 depending on when you tee off. I’ve never played there before. Is it worth the drive up there for us south-siders?

Gmcourtney wrote:

007iron wrote:

They keep charging it, because I keep paying it. Lol. Last year I did the GVR players club deal, so walking 18 this time of year was only like 23 bucks. I was kind of grumpy paying $45 on Sunday. It doesn't look like I'm going to play there too much this upcoming year. They're not doing the discount pass again and the rates are going up. I enjoy the course but not enough to want to pay 65+ to walk in season.

Speaking of winter rates... what's COWrx's opinion on Buffalo Run? Looks like their winder rates are 20-30 depending on when you tee off. I've never played there before. Is it worth the drive up there for us south-siders?

I like the layout. Hopefully someone on the site played it this year. I did that $20s deal in the fall a few years ago and conditions were really bad with lots of hard pan dirt patches in most of the fairways and really slow greens, so I haven't been back since. Looking at online reviews from this year I don't see any complaints about conditions so maybe that all got fixed.
    edited January 7
    Gmcourtney wrote:

007iron wrote:

They keep charging it, because I keep paying it. Lol. Last year I did the GVR players club deal, so walking 18 this time of year was only like 23 bucks. I was kind of grumpy paying $45 on Sunday. It doesn't look like I'm going to play there too much this upcoming year. They're not doing the discount pass again and the rates are going up. I enjoy the course but not enough to want to pay 65+ to walk in season.

Speaking of winter rates... what's COWrx's opinion on Buffalo Run? Looks like their winder rates are 20-30 depending on when you tee off. I've never played there before. Is it worth the drive up there for us south-siders?

It's certainly nothing special but I don't mind it. Not really a tree on it to be found anywhere so it shouldn't have any snow left at this point. If anyone wants to get out for a round I'd be up for it. Looks like it's supposed to get cold again by the end of the week though.

Edit: I played it once back in like March and it was fine. I don't remember any distinct dirt patches or anything.

Gmcourtney wrote:

007iron wrote:

It's certainly nothing special but I don't mind it. Not really a tree on it to be found anywhere so it shouldn't have any snow left at this point. If anyone wants to get out for a round I'd be up for it. Looks like it's supposed to get cold again by the end of the week though.

Edit: I played it once back in like March and it was fine. I don't remember any distinct dirt patches or anything.

Nice. If it's in at least average winter condition compared to other courses, it's worth $30. As seven dewey said, nothing amazing, but you could do worse for more money in Denver and if the wind is blowing it can be pretty challenging.
    Cool. Thanks guys for the input. @Dancin... if you like the layout, I’m sure I will too. You’ve played a lot more courses than I have, but it seems that we have pretty similar tastes with regards to courses and styles. I’ll have to make it up there to check it out sometime this year.

Also... it’s definitely too early to make plans yet; who knows what the weather will look like. The mrs. is heading out if town on a girls trip on 1/18-19. So if the weather works out I’m hoping to get out and play a couple of times. Anyone interested if the weather is good?
  • ASak10ASak10 Advanced Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Buffalo Run is pretty challenging, I like it for the most part. Played it a few times this year...it's long and narrow. The rough/native area is pretty punishing, so during the season it really punishes wayward shots. Not sure how it is in the winter, assuming much easier without the penal rough and native grass areas. They do seem to always be working on areas in the fairways, so expect some ground under repair. Greens are usually pretty quick too (again, not sure how it is in the off season).
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 10.5* / Paderson Velocity 60 D30+[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 17* / Paderson Ballistic 70 D30[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra King F7 19* / Fujikara Pro 75h[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF 16 / 5-AW / True Temper Dynamic Gold S300[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MD4 55* / W Grind / True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Mack Daddy 60* / PM Grind / KBS Tour-V[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Odyssey DFX 2-Ball[/font]
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 14,330 ClubWRX
    edited January 9
    Buffalo Run is always a bit scruffy, even in the summer. So I don’t really expect their conditions will really decline all that much. It seems pretty basic and straightforward to me, mostly all out in front of you. From the tips the first par three (#4 I think) is a tough hole.

I paid $28 to walk Highland Hills in Greeley today. Unreal how good the greens are for winter.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    Played both Westminster courses last weekend. $35 during the winter + cart fees. They are path only which sucks but with a 10ish tee time each day finished one day in 4:30 and the other in 4:00.

Some of the cups still had some ice/snow in them at Legacy on Saturday so a few pins had to be laid on the ground and the greens were shaggy as expected. Walnut was a different story on Sunday, greens were as fast as always.

Can't complain about playing both days on a weekend in January though
  • Skylines1414Skylines1414 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Played Buffalo Run today. $20 to walk 18 after 12:00. Course was in pretty decent shape. I will definitely be going again when my schedule and weather allows.
    If anyone is planning a larger purchase at Golf Galaxy, I have a $299.99 gift card I got for a TaylorMade Spider warranty return. I've got the receipt and am only posting this local so we can meet up to exchange. I'd let it go for $270 cash face to face. PM if interested. If not, I'm sure I'll find something there I HAVE to have
    Ping G400 Tour 65 S
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    EvnRoll ER2