Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswedepseudoswede Members Posts: 1,319 ✭✭
edited Jan 2, 2019 10:53am in Rockies WRX Chapter #1
This is an annual thread for Colorado residents. Feel free to post anything Colorado golf-related in this thread. For example...
  • Great deals on green fees or club memberships*
  • Recommendations for Colorado club fitters, swing coaches, etc.
  • Looking for a playing partner/golf league/club membership
  • Colorado golf course news/reviews
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing shorts and a t-shirt ... in January
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing snow gear ... in June
  • Accomplishing the Colorado duofecta of skiing and golfing on the same day

* For some odd reason, club was hyperlinked to somewhere. I didn't do that. I removed it, and hopefully it doesn't come back.
Post edited by Unknown User on
"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Comments

• brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    Too funny. Beat me to it by a mere few minutes.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,229 ✭✭
    Up to a blazing 17° now. At least it is sunny and no wind. Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday. We try to get a round in every month.
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,682 ✭✭
    edited Jan 1, 2019 5:56pm #4

Up to a blazing 17° now. At least it is sunny and no wind. Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday. We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but **** do I have that "itch" again to play =)

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all. *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event. Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them... "Early Season Shank Fest" to " **** Snap Hook - I messed my swing up this summer" image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
  • stoneydukesstoneydukes ClubWRX Posts: 295 ClubWRX
    CDM wrote:

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but **** do I have that "itch" again to play =)

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all. *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event. Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them... "Early Season Shank Fest" to " **** Snap Hook - I messed my swing up this summer" image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

What driver did you end up with?
    Cobra F9 10.5 Avalanche HZRDUS Smoke 60S
    Cobra F7 3-4 15.5* Fujikura Pro 65S
    Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW NS Pro 1150GH S
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54, 60
    EvnRoll ER2
    edited Jan 2, 2019 10:46am #6

CDM wrote:

TS3. I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago. As soon as I hit the TS3 it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing. I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found. They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price", I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at 65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock. No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its **** cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once OR E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it. The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Members Posts: 1,319 ✭✭
    The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • Joker91Joker91 Members Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Snow and below 0° temps to start the year, sunny and 60°+ by Friday and Saturday. Gotta love CO winter. I'm planning on playing at least 9 on Friday

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.
    CDM wrote:

CDM wrote:

TS3. I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago. As soon as I hit the TS3 it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing. I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found. They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price", I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at 65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock. No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its **** cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once OR E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it. The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.
    I just found out that my daughter's gymnastics team is competing at The Broadmoor late afternoon on Super Bowl Sunday. That means driving down early on Saturday so the kids can go to the pool... and hopefully I can play 10 or 20 holes for free on their winter course. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2019 12:43pm #12

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

Take advantage of that Millennial Discount they offer!

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.
  • QuesoQueso Posts: 194 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.
  • DancinDancin Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    Queso wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart
    Dancin wrote:
    Queso wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha
    Queso wrote:

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.

CDM wrote:

CDM wrote:

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.

I did hit both. Very nice and both felt really good but I did get better numbers from the TS3. I will note the TS3 really seems to have a different "0sound/feel" depending on the shaft you use. Same issue I had with the EPIC, hated the feel of the Fuji shafts though numbers where really good, put in the AD DI and it was night and day. TS3 seems to be just like that.

The best driver numbers went to the TS2 honestly. It was just tad bit better overall with same shafts. I just could not get past the look of the head. If anyone is looking for long and straight hands down try the TS2. M3/M4... like all TM's I cant get along with and not sure why.
  • DancinDancin Members Posts: 234 ✭✭

Queso wrote:

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.

The other thing you have to watch with the Ridge at Castle Pines North in winter is they will open with half the fairway covered in snow on some holes. One time I was hitting to 30 foot wide strips on a couple holes.
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Posts: 951 ✭✭

They run specials on packs (4 or 5 rounds) a couple times a year, which ends up breaking down to less than $60/rd. You usually have to jump on it that day since they have limited supply on them, so you should sign up for their newsletter.
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • seven deweyseven dewey Posts: 522 ✭✭
    Why is this snow not melting faster?

Fir those of you up north how is it looking?
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

I’m in Loveland and I’d bet folks will be playing most of the courses up here tomorrow/this weekend - snow is pretty much gone here.
    edited Jan 3, 2019 6:04pm #22
    My boss is skiing today and is planning to play where ever possible in Denver tomorrow.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.
    Anyone looking at Titleist driver... If you have an "exotic" shaft (Titleist words) / aftermarket shaft that IS listed on their approved shafts, they will NO LONGER put an adapter on it for you. I got an email today from Titleist on this. A club pro I know who is sponsored by Titleist was sending my shaft in to have it done.

You have to buy the club with the shaft, or no deal and they still will not sell you an adapter separate.

So $500 for the driver, $360 for the shaft and then add in tax..... So 9 Bills all because of the adapter....???

Just in case anyone is thinking of a Titleist Driver. (I still have my 915 driver so I will pull that adapter OR Ebay )
  • Joker91Joker91 Members Posts: 441 ✭✭

Got an email from Colorado National saying they will be open tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to play here in Westminster.
    I'm shocked. There's still a good amount of snow on the ground here in Cap Hill.
  • Coupeguy23Coupeguy23 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Happy New Year guys!

Getting a round in at Riverdale Dunes on Sunday at 11:17, looking forward to my first round of 2019 being better.

Would be interested in the COWRX event sounds like it would be a blast!
    Current WITB
    Driver - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Black
    3W - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Red
    4H - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Black
    Irons - Wilson FG Tour V6 Raw with KBS $-Taper Stiff Shafts 4-G
    Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 CB Wedges 54/58
    Putter - Bettinardi Inovai 2.0
    Golf Galaxy is hosting a late-night fitting event for Callaway's new Epic Flash line next Thursday from 8:30-10:30pm. I might be interested in going. Lots of bars nearby, too....

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,418 ClubWRX

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!
    Taylormade M3 (2018 tour head) 9.9 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Miura 52* GW S-200
    Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips

• Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,418 ClubWRX

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.

Well, isn't that the truth about Collindale. I suppose aiming left might help but don't hit it straight or the left trees will get you. Collindale is my home course. Play well!!!
    Taylormade M3 (2018 tour head) 9.9 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Miura 52* GW S-200
    Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips