Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

This is an annual thread for Colorado residents. Feel free to post anything Colorado golf-related in this thread. For example...

• Great deals on green fees or club memberships*
  • Recommendations for Colorado club fitters, swing coaches, etc.
  • Looking for a playing partner/golf league/club membership
  • Colorado golf course news/reviews
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing shorts and a t-shirt ... in January
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing snow gear ... in June
  • Accomplishing the Colorado duofecta of skiing and golfing on the same day

* For some odd reason, club was hyperlinked to somewhere. I didn't do that. I removed it, and hopefully it doesn't come back.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Up to a blazing 17° now. At least it is sunny and no wind. Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday. We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but damn do I have that "itch" again to play =)

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all. *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event. Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them... "Early Season Shank Fest" to " Damn Snap Hook - I messed my swing up this summer" :blink:

Up to a blazing 17° now. At least it is sunny and no wind. Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday. We try to get a round in every month.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but damn do I have that "itch" again to play =)

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all. *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event. Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them... "Early Season Shank Fest" to " Damn Snap Hook - I messed my swing up this summer" :blink:

What driver did you end up with?

TS3. I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago. As soon as I hit the TS3 it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing. I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found. They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price", I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at 65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock. No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its damn cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once OR E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it. The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

TS3. I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago. As soon as I hit the TS3 it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing. I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found. They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price", I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at 65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock. No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its damn cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once OR E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it. The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.

I just found out that my daughter's gymnastics team is competing at The Broadmoor late afternoon on Super Bowl Sunday. That means driving down early on Saturday so the kids can go to the pool... and hopefully I can play 10 or 20 holes for free on their winter course. :)

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

Take advantage of that Millennial Discount they offer!

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.

I did hit both. Very nice and both felt really good but I did get better numbers from the TS3. I will note the TS3 really seems to have a different "0sound/feel" depending on the shaft you use. Same issue I had with the EPIC, hated the feel of the Fuji shafts though numbers where really good, put in the AD DI and it was night and day. TS3 seems to be just like that.

The best driver numbers went to the TS2 honestly. It was just tad bit better overall with same shafts. I just could not get past the look of the head. If anyone is looking for long and straight hands down try the TS2. M3/M4... like all TM's I cant get along with and not sure why.

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.

The other thing you have to watch with the Ridge at Castle Pines North in winter is they will open with half the fairway covered in snow on some holes. One time I was hitting to 30 foot wide strips on a couple holes.

They run specials on packs (4 or 5 rounds) a couple times a year, which ends up breaking down to less than $60/rd. You usually have to jump on it that day since they have limited supply on them, so you should sign up for their newsletter.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

My boss is skiing today and is planning to play where ever possible in Denver tomorrow.

Anyone looking at Titleist driver... If you have an "exotic" shaft (Titleist words) / aftermarket shaft that IS listed on their approved shafts, they will NO LONGER put an adapter on it for you. I got an email today from Titleist on this. A club pro I know who is sponsored by Titleist was sending my shaft in to have it done.

You have to buy the club with the shaft, or no deal and they still will not sell you an adapter separate.

So $500 for the driver, $360 for the shaft and then add in tax..... So 9 Bills all because of the adapter....???

Just in case anyone is thinking of a Titleist Driver. (I still have my 915 driver so I will pull that adapter OR Ebay )

Golf Galaxy is hosting a late-night fitting event for Callaway's new Epic Flash line next Thursday from 8:30-10:30pm. I might be interested in going. Lots of bars nearby, too....

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago). Looks like a nice day to play!!!

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.