Glide Stealth

NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

I’m looking for some feed back from people who have the stealth wedges. I’m wondering how they are holding up after some significant play and specifically the condition of the grooves .Do they still spin as much as the day you bought them? Thanks

Comments

  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Nothing will spin as much as the day you bought it... they wear well and are nice clubs.

    Cobra F9 Speedback HZRDUS HC Black 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  HZRDUS HC Black 75g
    Titleist 816H1 20° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5i-PW Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey 52f 56f 60d Project X LZ 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1

    Currently - 6.9


  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    I understand that, but sometimes with softer metals the grooves wear down faster. I’m just wondering if people are seeing the same Ping durability that’s in their irons with the wedges.

  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @NailedIt said:
    I understand that, but sometimes with softer metals the grooves wear down faster. I’m just wondering if people are seeing the same Ping durability that’s in their irons with the wedges.

    They're durable. Not forged so the grooves stay nice.

    Cobra F9 Speedback HZRDUS HC Black 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  HZRDUS HC Black 75g
    Titleist 816H1 20° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5i-PW Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey 52f 56f 60d Project X LZ 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1

    Currently - 6.9


  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    Good to know, I pulled the trigger on a couple so hopefully it works out.

  • Twin2LTwin2L Members Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

    I have not noticed any spin loss and think they look even better with a little wear. They’re holding up really well.

    It matters not what others call you. Only what you answer to defines who you are.
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    They are made with soft metal and no chrome plating to protect what's there. You can expect more wear than with a chrome wedge, forged or otherwise. And the stock stainless and chromed Glide wedges are the most durable available.

    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Nessism said:
    They are made with soft metal and no chrome plating to protect what's there. You can expect more wear than with a chrome wedge, forged or otherwise. And the stock stainless and chromed Glide wedges are the most durable available.

    I thought mine held up better than my SM7

    Cobra F9 Speedback HZRDUS HC Black 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  HZRDUS HC Black 75g
    Titleist 816H1 20° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5i-PW Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey 52f 56f 60d Project X LZ 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1

    Currently - 6.9


  • short gameshort game Members Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭

    just got my stealth 3.0 this week. I love them. Got the 54 and 58 in the SS grind.

    Ping G 400 Max 10.5 Driver; Aldila Copper X-torsion 50R
    Epic 3 wood
    Ping G 400 7 wood
    Ping G 410 4,5 hybrid
    Ping G 410 6 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54 / 58
    Betti BB 54 / Ping Tyne

    Titelst Pro V1
  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    @short game said:
    just got my stealth 3.0 this week. I love them. Got the 54 and 58 in the SS grind.

    3.0? I wasn’t aware they were releasing the 3.0 in stealth. Do tell more.

  • BunkersarebigcupsBunkersarebigcups Members Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @NailedIt said:

    @short game said:
    just got my stealth 3.0 this week. I love them. Got the 54 and 58 in the SS grind.

    3.0? I wasn’t aware they were releasing the 3.0 in stealth. Do tell more.

    They don't, must be a typo

    910 D2 9.5     RIP Alpha 60 Stiff (Surefit @B3)
    '14 Big Bertha 18*     Fubuki Z65 Stiff (set at 17* neutral)
    Nike VR Hybrid 21* and 24*     Aldila Voodoo Regular
    MP 52 5-PW     PX 5.5
    MP T11 52/07, 56/13, 60/05     DG S200
    Mizuno/Bettinardi BC1
    Bridgestone B330 RX
  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    That’s what I figured, but you never know if someone has an inside connection.

  • mantanmantan Members Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Another extended range sesion with the Glide 3 (Eye2) and Stealth. The feel is not even close. The Glide feels MUCH better. And quiet as it's kept, performs MUCH better for me. Maybe it's a comfort level. I've had multiple sessions and rounds with the Eye2 and just get it dialed in.

    WITB (as of 3/28/19)
    PING G400 Max 10.5*
    PING G400 5-Wood
    PING G25 20* Hybrid
    PING G25 23* Hybrid
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    PING Stealth ES Glide 54*
    PING Glide ES 58*
    PING Sigma 2 Fetch
    Callaway Chrome Soft TruVis
  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    @mantan said:
    Another extended range sesion with the Glide 3 (Eye2) and Stealth. The feel is not even close. The Glide feels MUCH better. And quiet as it's kept, performs MUCH better for me. Maybe it's a comfort level. I've had multiple sessions and rounds with the Eye2 and just get it dialed in.

    So if I’m reading this right, you’re saying the 3.0 is better feeling and performs better than the stealth?

  • mantanmantan Members Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @NailedIt said:

    @mantan said:
    Another extended range sesion with the Glide 3 (Eye2) and Stealth. The feel is not even close. The Glide feels MUCH better. And quiet as it's kept, performs MUCH better for me. Maybe it's a comfort level. I've had multiple sessions and rounds with the Eye2 and just get it dialed in.

    So if I’m reading this right, you’re saying the 3.0 is better feeling and performs better than the stealth?

    My fault, I wasn't clear. The 2.0 Stealth feels MILES better than 3.0. It's not even close.

    WITB (as of 3/28/19)
    PING G400 Max 10.5*
    PING G400 5-Wood
    PING G25 20* Hybrid
    PING G25 23* Hybrid
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    PING Stealth ES Glide 54*
    PING Glide ES 58*
    PING Sigma 2 Fetch
    Callaway Chrome Soft TruVis
  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    Ok, thanks. I just picked up two stealth yesterday and so far I’m super impressed. I think I will like them more than my Vokey’s. I seem to be the odd one on here who actually think bounce is your friend.

  • kcsfkcsf Santa Fe, NMMembers Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    My stealth wedges displaced my Edels. They are legit and wear really well for a black club with just the slightest wear on the soles. The chunk out of the 50* due to a rock is the only blemish after ~100 rounds. I'm holding off on the new Ping wedges until they release them in stealth, hopefully next spring.

    TM M3 Copper Mamba 70TX
    G410 Hybrid 3
    Ping i500 5-7
    Ping Blueprints 8-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 50* & 56* wedges
    O-Works #7s red
  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    Yeah, I’m hoping if they do release them they use the same 8620 vs 431.

  • short gameshort game Members Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭

    my screw up. I got the regular glide 3.0 - sorry team. however the 3.0 does have that extra low groove on the face!

    Ping G 400 Max 10.5 Driver; Aldila Copper X-torsion 50R
    Epic 3 wood
    Ping G 400 7 wood
    Ping G 410 4,5 hybrid
    Ping G 410 6 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54 / 58
    Betti BB 54 / Ping Tyne

    Titelst Pro V1
  • JPG44JPG44 Members Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

    I have the 56. Really like it. Better than my 60 vokey.

  • JJK947JJK947 Members Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Anyone know if you can still order these new from ping, or do you have to go for the 3.0 now?

    Taylormade M5 (9) - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    Taylormade M3 T3 (14) - Tensei Pro Orange 70
    Taylormade M3 5W (19) - Tensei Pro Orange 80
    Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100
    Taylormade TP EF 54.11 - DG Tour X100
    Taylormade TP EF 60 ATV - DG Tour S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @JJK947 said:
    Anyone know if you can still order these new from ping, or do you have to go for the 3.0 now?

    There was a comment in the 3.0 thread that the Stealth has been discontinued. Ping may still have some heads available but you may have to call to learn up to date status regarding what specific loft/bounce they still have.

    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • bird206bird206 Members Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

    @Nessism said:

    @JJK947 said:
    Anyone know if you can still order these new from ping, or do you have to go for the 3.0 now?

    There was a comment in the 3.0 thread that the Stealth has been discontinued. Ping may still have some heads available but you may have to call to learn up to date status regarding what specific loft/bounce they still have.

    Agree with this. I called Ping a month ago to see what Stealth heads that had left in their stock. I still had to order through my retail store though. I just gave my retail store the specs I needed and told them I confirmed with Ping they still had those particular heads in stock. You better act quick to order if you still want them. I called yesterday for a 50* stealth but they no longer have them.

  • NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    I’ve had my 54&58* for a week now and I’m loving them. So easy to hit and feel great.

  • HackerD  HackerD Student of the game Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    GlobalGolf.com shows some Stealth wedge models in stock (new).

    Ping G30 12°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3-4H
    Mizuno JPX-850 5-GW
    Vokey SM 54.14
    Cally MD PM 58.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • kasting333kasting333 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭

    @Nessism said:
    They are made with soft metal and no chrome plating to protect what's there. You can expect more wear than with a chrome wedge, forged or otherwise. And the stock stainless and chromed Glide wedges are the most durable available.

    I’ve owned 2 of the original glides and now have the stealths and this is the opposite of my experience. The stealths have held up much better than the originals.

    913 D2 9.75 Kuro Kage 70 X
    Ping G 14.5 Tour X
    Mizuno MP-30 2 iron / Ping G25 20* Hybrid
    Mizuno MP-37 3-PW S300
    Ping Glide Stealth 52*/ Ping Glide 58*
    Odyssey TriHot #2
    Pro V1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file