StockX data breach

sharkiesj ·  
sharkiesjsharkiesj Members  3277WRX Points: 388Posts: 3,277 Titanium Tees

Did anyone else get the email that StockX had a data breach back in May 2019 but only now is coming forward and admitting what happened is true? Is this a real thing or fake news? Millions of people’s accounts are compromised and personal info is on the dark web. What’s really going on?

Posted:

Comments

• Deebo76Deebo76 Members  132WRX Points: 57Handicap: 12Posts: 132 Fairways

I received an email about the data breach at StockX as well.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DFW SnowmanDFW Snowman Members  254WRX Points: 132Posts: 254 Greens

It's real.
    https://stockx.com/news/update-on-data-security-issue/
    My data was included in the data breach, but looks like it didn't include anything financial beyond stockx transactions. No credit card or bank account info, just profile info like name, username, password, email address, address, etc.
    Definitely change your stockx password if you haven't already, and if you use that same username/password elsewhere, change that too.

Posted:
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers  16694WRX Points: 955Handicap: Low-Mid SDPosts: 16,694 Titanium Tees

Check what personal information actually reached the dark web. Three of our vendors with the weakest security measures had massive data breaches a while back. Months later I had a company run in-depth searches to see what turned up on me. All that was found were an email address and name and some passwords on closed accounts. Even though those accounts were long past closed, I changed passwords on key vendor accounts to eight/nine complex digits.

Though I have nothing to base my suspicion on, I suspect security software vendors are somehow tied to large data breaches. Afterward, they get a large influx of new customers, and nothing of consequence has made the business or consumer news since.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, Steelfiber "S"
    Titleist 620 CB/MB 3i-PW, Steelfiber "S"
    SM6 F-52/8, Steelfiber "S"
    SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1

• VNutzVNutz Members  6743WRX Points: 657Posts: 6,743 Titanium Tees

On -, @Pepperturbo said:

Though I have nothing to base my suspicion on, I suspect security software vendors are somehow tied to large data breaches. Afterward, they get a large influx of new customers, and nothing of consequence has made the business or consumer news since.

Wait, you mean the people conducting such attacks are connected to those that benefit from the cleanup afterwards??

Posted:
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  4924WRX Points: 768Posts: 4,924 Titanium Tees

On -, @VNutz said:

On -, @Pepperturbo said:

Wait, you mean the people conducting such attacks are connected to those that benefit from the cleanup afterwards??

Just like the antivirus people.

I remember reading about a glass window replacement company that got busted for going around at night and breaking peoples' windows.

Posted:
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11596WRX Points: 483Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,596 Titanium Tees

ALWAYS use different passwords for EVERY single site you visit. ALWAYS.
    Use a password manager, and make random password 12+ characters.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  4924WRX Points: 768Posts: 4,924 Titanium Tees

On -, @larrybud said:

ALWAYS use different passwords for EVERY single site you visit. ALWAYS.
    Use a password manager, and make random password 12+ characters.

Good advice. Not that I follow it. You just have to assume every website that has your information will get hacked.

Posted:
  • AG12AG12 Members  2107WRX Points: 1,060Handicap: 10Posts: 2,107 Platinum Tees

Luckily I didn’t create a StockX account until 8/8 so I wasn’t a part of the hack but I received an email as well

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    4W: PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70
    4HY: PING G410 21* Accra FX 300H
    Irons: PING G410 5-UW Project X LZ 120
    Wedges: CBX2 54/12/Full Face 58/10 DG 115
    Putter: Bettinardi QB6 Carbon Limited
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x #12
    WITB
  • slimreaper30slimreaper30 Members  41WRX Points: 26Posts: 41 Bunkers

It's definitely real, and they tried to cover it up at first too. Shame on them.

Posted:
  • DukeOfChinoHillsDukeOfChinoHills Orange County, CAMembers  343WRX Points: 81Handicap: 5.4Posts: 343 Greens

What the heck is StockX and how is it related to golf?

Posted:
    "You're still away."
    917D2 - DiamanaD+ 70S
    917F2 - DiamanaD+ 80S
    818H1 - Tensei Blue 80S
    716 AP2 (4-PW) - DG300S
    Vokey SM7  54.10S, 58.14K (All Grips are Winn Dri-Tac Grey)
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid-Slant 35" w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour

• viperstudioviperstudio Members  1676WRX Points: 164Handicap: 2Posts: 1,676 Platinum Tees

Yeah same here about that data breach email.
    Is nice to buy shoes from stockx, but their support is sucks and basically don't exist. when you have issue for example getting your paypal account charge twice for one order :(.
    it happen to me one time and took them 10 days and about 7 emails to reply on my inquiry, their website messenger is basically a bot and tell you they will replied in 1d. well anyway their support is sucks.

Posted:
    TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
    TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
    TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
    TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
    TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
    TI Bullseye Tour Putter
    KSIG/PROv1x

Advertisement
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX  4819WRX Points: 496Posts: 4,819 ClubWRX

On -, @DukeOfChinoHills said:

It is a web store where people buy and sell footwear/clothing/watches. It would apply more to the footwear side of golf if you were looking for a certain shoe that you couldn't find elsewhere.

Posted:
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • cmb71cmb71 ClubWRX  1529WRX Points: 213Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

On -, @DukeOfChinoHills said:

Ever heard of Google? :smile: I kid, I kid...
    E-commerce site for shoes, sneakers, and much more... including golf shoes. Resale, overstocks, etc.

Posted:
    PING G410 LST 10.5 Ventus 60X
    PING G410 LST 14.5 EvenFlow Black 85X
    PING i210 3-UW Project X LZ 6.5
    PING Glide 3.0 54SS & 60TS Project X LZ 6.0
    Odyssey RSX Milled #1
  • sharkiesjsharkiesj Members  3277WRX Points: 388Posts: 3,277 Titanium Tees

Anyone else having trouble just getting on the website? I’m in the market for fishnet thong underfloss and I can’t even get on their website.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.