Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Mizuno MP 20 or Titleist 620 MB

mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Which one and why.

«1

Comments

  • Luke7Luke7 Club Junkie VirginiaMembers Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Whichever you like because it’s your money not ours 🙃 but if you need help spending it go with the Titleist because they look spectacular this year at address.

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* GD ADDI 6X
    Titleist 915 F 15* Rogue 125 70TX

    Titleist U500 3 Tensei White 100 TX
    Titleist U500 4 AMT White X100

    Titleist 620 MB 5-Pw DG AMT White X100
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50.08F, 56.10S, 60.08M DG AMT White S300

    Scotty Cameron HHH Timeless
    WITB Link
  • youngwaldoyoungwaldo NJMembers Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    MP 20 because its Mizuno.

    Wk

    M5 Tour 9.0 TENSEI TOUR ORANGE 60TX 45"   
    M5 3W TENSEI BLUE 70X
    Titleist TMB 3 Iron
    TM P730 4-PW NS Pro Tour 105X
    VOKEY SM6 Black 5208M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    VOKEY SM6 Black 5608M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    VOKEY SM6 Black 6008M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron 
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

    stupid response> @Luke7 said:

    Whichever you like because it’s your money not ours 🙃 but if you need help spending it go with the Titleist because they look spectacular this year at address.

  • richcollinsrichcollins Members Posts: 70 ✭✭

    In real terms - they are both very similar. When fit properly are both going to do the same thing.
    Mizuno have made steps forward with the HMB in trying to make them nice to blend, where as with Titleist you have the CB and T100 which will both fit but look a bit different.
    Mizuno will give a wide range of shaft choices that carry little or no upcharge, and also they carry a nice selection of grips that are no upcharge.

    Hit both and try them... but get fitted on a trackman or similar to see real time ball data.

  • KevinnzKevinnz Members Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭

    Technology wise, mp20.

  • arobbins3arobbins3 MichiganMembers Posts: 59 ✭✭

    They both perform very well and I'm having trouble making the same decision. It all will come down to which one you like the look and feel of better..

    Cobra F9 (9.5°) - Atmos Black 6s
    Cobra F9 (14.5°) - Atmos Blue 7s
    Titleist T-MB (3) - Modus 105s
    Callway Apex Pro 19 (4-9)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Slate Blue (46°)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw (51-56-60°)
    TaylorMade Spider X

  • juststevejuststeve Members Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Just pick one and enjoy them. Neither will make your scores better than the other. Both good clubs.

    Steve

  • fjkfjk Putt Putt Members Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I've not seen any significant 620mb reviews yet, but they look so pure.

  • wely324wely324 Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

    after hitting both, mp20 (with kbs c taper). The feel was better, plus I prefer the chrome finish and shape of the head at address over the 620mb (kbs tour).

  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 10, 2019 7:06pm #11

    Thanks. Finalizing this end of week. Throwing in PXG to also add to the chaos. Appreciate the feedback

  • drgolfaholicdrgolfaholic Members Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Kevinnz said:
    Technology wise, mp20.

    Care to elaborate?

  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭

    620MB because satin finish is where it's at. I've never liked Titleist irons in the past but this year's release has completely won me over, and the performance is definitely there too.

    I haven't hit the MP20, but am personally let down by their looks. What looked great in images didn't exactly translate when I saw them in person.

    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

    Other than perhaps the HMB MP20 I'm not seeing any significant changes on Mizzy's new release other than cosmetics from the MP 18's. Proof will be in the numbers shortly.

  • KevinnzKevinnz Members Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭

    @drgolfaholic said:

    @Kevinnz said:
    Technology wise, mp20.

    Care to elaborate?

    Mizuno did something really interesting with the mp20 and apparently it works!
    Think the 620 is just a traditional mb. No new design tech added.

  • aussiebaussieb Lefty Boomers Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭

    MP20 is the complete package, copper underlay + HD Forged for a unique feel and improved shaping over MP18. The stability, consistency and forgiveness in this model are like nothing I've ever experienced in a blade.

    Mizuno ST190 9.5*, Accra Tour Zx475 M5, 44.5" ST190 15*, GD Quattrotech 8X, 42.5" Ping G400 19*, Accra XH85, 41" Srixon U65 18*, GD DI-105X, 40", CallawayUT 21*, GD DI-95X, Apex MB 5-P, Modus 130X Calllaway MD Forged 52*, 56* KBS 610 125X, 60* Modus Wedge 125 Toulon San Diego 33.5" 2019 Srixon XV
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

    testing soon thanks

  • balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way?Members Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Kevinnz said:

    @drgolfaholic said:

    @Kevinnz said:
    Technology wise, mp20.

    Care to elaborate?

    Mizuno did something really interesting with the mp20 and apparently it works!
    Think the 620 is just a traditional mb. No new design tech added.

    It's a hunk of metal, man.

    Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Project X HZRDUS HC Black 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  Project X HZRDUS HC Black 75g
    Titleist 818 H1 19° Project X Evenflow 85g
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5i-PW Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 52-F 56-F 60-D Project X LZ 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35"
    Pro V1x/Snell MTB-X
    Currently - 6.2


  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 2,067 ClubWRX

    these types of irons are just updated really with newer shafts, and for those with worn blades that need new ones. tech is highly debatable, along with everything else. both are the best of the best in this genre. the choice comes down to brand preference. do you want to send your money to mizuno or titleist?

    Taylormade M5 Driver
    TaylorMade M5 Fwy
    Mizuno CLK Hyb
    Mizuno MP20 HMB/MMC Irons
    Mizuno T20 Wedges
    Mannkrafted Putters
    Bridgestone ball, Mizuno Bag
  • arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭

    A blade is pretty much a blade, that being said; if you are a sweeper who tends to miss slightly thin, then the Mizuno with the reverse taper may suit you better. It's designed to keep the club from delofting on thin shots and keep the launch and spin consistent. If you are more of a digger, especially one who might hit the ball fractionally heavy from time to time; the Titleist and their new pre-worn leading edge might be a big benefit to you.

    Other than that, it comes down to feel, which is mostly sound. Neither club is really going to be softer than the other. But they are tuned to make different sounds. The sound you prefer is highly personal.

    Finally, it's blending. If you're going to play both sets 3i or 4i to PW, this doesn't matter. But if you are going to replace the 3i, 4i, etc; this becomes an issue. Do you like the U-500 or U-510 as a 3i or 4i? Or do you prefer the look of the HMB? If you're swapping out a mid iron, do you like the T100 or do you like the MMC or HMB?

    Personally, I'd choose the MP20, and mostly due to blending. Even at my handicap I think I could probably play 8-PW in either blade. I think the HMB would give me better results at the 5i and 6i than the T100. And I have the option to go MMC at the 7i if the blade is too much club or the HMB is too chunky.

    Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • Luke7Luke7 Club Junkie VirginiaMembers Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @mtnbiker5 said:
    stupid response> @Luke7 said:

    Whichever you like because it’s your money not ours 🙃 but if you need help spending it go with the Titleist because they look spectacular this year at address.

    Lol anything I can do to help

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* GD ADDI 6X
    Titleist 915 F 15* Rogue 125 70TX

    Titleist U500 3 Tensei White 100 TX
    Titleist U500 4 AMT White X100

    Titleist 620 MB 5-Pw DG AMT White X100
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50.08F, 56.10S, 60.08M DG AMT White S300

    Scotty Cameron HHH Timeless
    WITB Link
  • KevinnzKevinnz Members Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭

    @Orlandogolfguru said:
    these types of irons are just updated really with newer shafts, and for those with worn blades that need new ones. tech is highly debatable, along with everything else. both are the best of the best in this genre. the choice comes down to brand preference. do you want to send your money to mizuno or titleist?

    Couldnt agree more but mizuno went further determined to make as much of a difference as possible, whereas other manufactures just make minimal tweak. Mizuno made it work this time, look at the ball speed off center

  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

    Appreciate feedback. T100 is nice but I enjoyed the feel of the MP20 more. Funky voodoo sh*t in those clubs....

  • NixLix26NixLix26 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

    I HAVE BEEN TO THE PGA TOUR SUPER STORE AND STILL NOT SEEN EITHER SET IN PERSON.
    I'M REALLY EXCITED TO SEE THEM IN PERSON.

    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    TAYLORMADE - M2 2016
    SRIXON  - H45 16*
    MIZUNO - MMC fli hi 2 iron
    SRIXON - ZU85  4 iron
    MIZUNO - MP32  5-PW
    CALLAWAY - MD3 . 52, 56, 60
    TITLEIST - original NEWPORT

    [/size]

    https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
  • scottyc15scottyc15 HoustonMembers Posts: 46 ✭✭

    @NixLix26 said:
    I HAVE BEEN TO THE PGA TOUR SUPER STORE AND STILL NOT SEEN EITHER SET IN PERSON.
    I'M REALLY EXCITED TO SEE THEM IN PERSON.

    Love the enthusiasm

    Taylormade M5 9 - Aldila Rogue White 130 70TX
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 - Aldila Tour Green 85TX
    Srixon Z U85 2 - DG TI X100
    Srixon Z 765 4-PW - DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG 52,56,60 - DG TI S400
    Taylormade Spider Limited
  • COmedicCOmedic Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

    So much excitement. Though I also felt like shouting in all caps when I finally had the chance to hit the MP-20 with $-taper shafts

  • RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Maungakeikei Auckland New ZealandMembers Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    So far the MP20 is the front runner...im open minded.....following with interest!

    2019 September nice bag

    Titleist 909d2 9.5
    Tm M1 21 hybrid'16
     
    Mizuno MP 63 DGR300 at D4

    Old SM at 54 and SM6 58S 10
    Ping B60 
    DarkTanTitleistCap

  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @balls_deep said:

    @Kevinnz said:

    @drgolfaholic said:

    @Kevinnz said:
    Technology wise, mp20.

    Care to elaborate?

    Mizuno did something really interesting with the mp20 and apparently it works!
    Think the 620 is just a traditional mb. No new design tech added.

    It's a hunk of metal, man.

    well ya but; the metal was mined from the depths of the grey mountains by dwarves, forged by the men of Gondor, quenched with the bladder liquid from Balrog. Final honing done by the Elves of Rivendell and delivered to your front door by the shure footed Hobbits.

    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • JStangJStang Members Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @2putttom said:

    @balls_deep said:

    @Kevinnz said:

    @drgolfaholic said:

    @Kevinnz said:
    Technology wise, mp20.

    Care to elaborate?

    Mizuno did something really interesting with the mp20 and apparently it works!
    Think the 620 is just a traditional mb. No new design tech added.

    It's a hunk of metal, man.

    well ya but; the metal was mined from the depths of the grey mountains by dwarves, forged by the men of Gondor, quenched with the bladder liquid from Balrog. Final honing done by the Elves of Rivendell and delivered to your front door by the shure footed Hobbits.

    You watch too much SciFi.

    '16 M2 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 & 3 | 718 AP2 | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Scotty SS Newport 2 350
  • endyendy Members Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @COmedic said:
    So much excitement. Though I also felt like shouting in all caps when I finally had the chance to hit the MP-20 with $-taper shafts

    How did that go? Has to be a sick combo

    Srixon Z785 9.5* Fuji Ventus 7X
    Srixon F85 13.5* Atmos Black TS 8TX
    Srixon H85 19* Oban Kiyoshi Black 90X
    Srixon Z785 4-PW KBS $-Taper 130X
    Cleveland RTX-4 50/54/60 TI S400
    Toulon Garage Columbus
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • COmedicCOmedic Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

    @endy said:

    @COmedic said:
    So much excitement. Though I also felt like shouting in all caps when I finally had the chance to hit the MP-20 with $-taper shafts

    How did that go? Has to be a sick combo

    Only had the chance to demo the 7 iron. Hit the DG S300 to start, was having some dispersion issues and pretty much pushing everything to the left. Hit the $-taper stiff shaft and immediately brought everything midline. The combo felt perfectly balanced and not fatiguing in the least bit. I will hit them again and get more data but I absolutely loved the feel and flight when I hit it last week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file