Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Another new ball being offered? HAWKEYE

MocGolferMocGolfer Sponsors Posts: 295 ✭✭✭✭

https://hawkeyegolf.co/

anybody play them?

Comments

• HellstormHellstorm Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw an ad for them yesterday on my Facebook feed. I haven't even seen one before. I didn't understand the NYC theme of them though. When I think of NYC I don't really picture golf or golf courses. They seem to be the same price as Vice though.

• monks66monks66 Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭✭

yep, gotta buy multiple dozen for cheap...they do offer 3 packs, but still most people dont wanta buy 5 plus dozen if its a new ball

ksig re-badged? lol

• Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long until someone cuts open a bunch of them and finds different cores?...

Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla Tour Blue 75g
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla Tour Blue
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

More DTC junk "but its cheaper!!!!" no its not.

• ChadwickogChadwickog Members Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭

That writing of the makeup on the side is tacky.. Just give us the name and get on with it.

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 11:27pm #8

Free shipping and sleeves. That is appealing. 3 piece Surlyn is good. Compression?

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Hellstorm said:
    I just saw an ad for them yesterday on my Facebook feed. I haven't even seen one before. I didn't understand the NYC theme of them though. When I think of NYC I don't really picture golf or golf courses.

https://hawkeyegolf.co/blogs/news/our-story
    BEHIND THE NAME

During that extended vacation that started everything, my son and I noticed that on one particular driving range, there was a hawk that would sit and watch us play every day. We began to look for him and without fail, every morning when we’d arrive, he would be there waiting. He became a mascot of sorts. So several weeks later, we were at a ski resort in the Utah mountains and we came across a ski run called Hawkeye, my son immediately declared that Hawkeye should be the name of our company.
    Each model of golf ball also has a special name. Each one is named for a street in my son's favorite city—New York. A city of bustling energy and vitality, a center of culture and novel innovation. What could be a better inspiration for a generation of golf balls designed to get down to business and dominate their field? We chose four of our favorite streets for our first models…Madison Ave, Broadway, Wall St, and Fifth Ave.
    Founders of Hawkeye Golf_

FWIW at this time these balls are not on the USGA/R&A Conforming ball list. Probaly just another off the rack ball from Foremost in Taiwan.

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't Calloway have Hawkeye woods for a bit? Maybe the late 90s?

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

Could be a ksig copy??

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@monks66 said:
    ksig re-badged? lol

@monks66 said:
    Could be a ksig copy??

No. Less dimples (332) and a different dimple pattern than the original K-Sig 4 piece (360). The original K-Sig is long gone dead and buried never to be seen at Costco again. The best you can hope for is Costco releasing the next 4 piece ball they have on the USGA conforming ball list for many months now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file