GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Another new ball being offered? HAWKEYE

MocGolfer ·  
MocGolferMocGolfer Sponsors  312WRX Points: 93Posts: 312 Greens

https://hawkeyegolf.co/

anybody play them?

Posted:

Comments

• HellstormHellstorm Members  680WRX Points: 116Handicap: 12Posts: 680 Golden Tee

I just saw an ad for them yesterday on my Facebook feed. I haven't even seen one before. I didn't understand the NYC theme of them though. When I think of NYC I don't really picture golf or golf courses. They seem to be the same price as Vice though.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • monks66monks66 Members  978WRX Points: 139Posts: 978 Golden Tee

yep, gotta buy multiple dozen for cheap...they do offer 3 packs, but still most people dont wanta buy 5 plus dozen if its a new ball

Posted:

ksig re-badged? lol

Posted:
  • Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1111WRX Points: 349Posts: 1,111 Platinum Tees

How long until someone cuts open a bunch of them and finds different cores?...

Posted:
    Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
    Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3354WRX Points: 1,451Posts: 3,354 Titanium Tees

More DTC junk "but its cheaper!!!!" no its not.

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

• ChadwickogChadwickog Members  441WRX Points: 135Posts: 441 Greens

That writing of the makeup on the side is tacky.. Just give us the name and get on with it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6731WRX Points: 328Posts: 6,731 Titanium Tees

Free shipping and sleeves. That is appealing. 3 piece Surlyn is good. Compression?

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4771WRX Points: 1,830Posts: 4,771 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hellstorm said:

I just saw an ad for them yesterday on my Facebook feed. I haven't even seen one before. I didn't understand the NYC theme of them though. When I think of NYC I don't really picture golf or golf courses.

https://hawkeyegolf.co/blogs/news/our-story
    BEHIND THE NAME

During that extended vacation that started everything, my son and I noticed that on one particular driving range, there was a hawk that would sit and watch us play every day. We began to look for him and without fail, every morning when we’d arrive, he would be there waiting. He became a mascot of sorts. So several weeks later, we were at a ski resort in the Utah mountains and we came across a ski run called Hawkeye, my son immediately declared that Hawkeye should be the name of our company.
    Each model of golf ball also has a special name. Each one is named for a street in my son's favorite city—New York. A city of bustling energy and vitality, a center of culture and novel innovation. What could be a better inspiration for a generation of golf balls designed to get down to business and dominate their field? We chose four of our favorite streets for our first models…Madison Ave, Broadway, Wall St, and Fifth Ave.
    Founders of Hawkeye Golf_

FWIW at this time these balls are not on the USGA/R&A Conforming ball list. Probaly just another off the rack ball from Foremost in Taiwan.

Posted:
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3278WRX Points: 870Handicap: 6Posts: 3,278 Titanium Tees

Didn't Calloway have Hawkeye woods for a bit? Maybe the late 90s?

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

Could be a ksig copy??

Posted:

On -, @monks66 said:

ksig re-badged? lol

On -, @monks66 said:

Could be a ksig copy??

No. Less dimples (332) and a different dimple pattern than the original K-Sig 4 piece (360). The original K-Sig is long gone dead and buried never to be seen at Costco again. The best you can hope for is Costco releasing the next 4 piece ball they have on the USGA conforming ball list for many months now.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Larry14Larry14 Members  18WRX Points: 57Posts: 18 Bunkers

Just more examples of anyone can start a golf ball company, China has several companies that would love to put your name or logo on one of there stock golf balls...NO R&D required, show them the money and you can be in business, how about a 4 piece Urethane tour quality ACME Roadrunner ball, and a 3 Piece Urethane tour quality ACME Coyote ball...you have the money you have the balls to sale, and the ball will be at least as good as other on line balls coming from the same plant in China, add a dimple or two to make it different.....

Posted:
  • adkleeadklee Members  82WRX Points: 73Posts: 82 Fairways

Is this ball endorsed by Jeremy Renner? ;)

Posted:
  • enfuegoenfuego Members  173WRX Points: 85Posts: 173 Fairways

On -, @grm24 said:

On -, @monks66 said:

ksig re-badged? lol

On -, @monks66 said:

Could be a ksig copy??

No. Less dimples (332) and a different dimple pattern than the original K-Sig 4 piece (360). The original K-Sig is long gone dead and buried never to be seen at Costco again. The best you can hope for is Costco releasing the next 4 piece ball they have on the USGA conforming ball list for many months now.

Other threads claim the Nassau quattro is the original ksig being sold in Europe. The website says it has a different number of dimples but probably close. https://www.nassaugolf.co.uk/producten/golf-balls/nassau-quattro/

Posted:

Taylormade SIM Driver 8* / Diamana S+ Limited 60x

Taylormade SIM Rocket 3w 14* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6s

Taylormade SIM 5w 19* / Diamana S+ Limited 75s

Callaway Apex CF19 Irons 4-AW / Dynamic Gold TI x100

CBX2 Wedges 54*, 60* / Dynamic Gold TI s400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport Black / Pistolero Grip

Taylormade TP5x

• farmerfarmer Members  8893WRX Points: 1,275Posts: 8,893 Titanium Tees

Just got back from NY. Did not see one course in mid-town Manhattan.

Posted:

On -, @enfuego said:

On -, @grm24 said:

On -, @monks66 said:

ksig re-badged? lol

On -, @monks66 said:

Could be a ksig copy??

Other threads claim the Nassau quattro is the original ksig being sold in Europe. The website says it has a different number of dimples but probably close. https://www.nassaugolf.co.uk/producten/golf-balls/nassau-quattro/

There is one version of the Nassau Quattro ball on the current USGA/R&A conforming ball list. It's a 4 piece 3 cover 360 dimple ball. The original K-Sig is done and never returning. Some people really need to accept that. Continually wishing for it will not bring it back. It would be nice if Dean Snell was able to share the real back story on it. The original K-Sig spec'd out to an older TM golf ball (TP Red/TP Red LDP? from 2006 which was possibly the only 4 piece TM ball with 360 dimples). Nassau used to produce TM golf balls.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.