We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Comments

• MychMych  2039Members Posts: 2,039
    When you get added to a group and they're playing "three off the first tee" instead of two.
    Posted:
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • csufmancsufman California 160Members Posts: 160
    On your first practice swing on #1 and the head of your 3 wood goes flying 10 yards down the fairway (and you don't have driver cause the shaft broke the week before) leaving you with hybrid off the tee...
    Posted:
  • thug the bunnythug the bunny  6141Members Posts: 6,141
    fillwelix wrote:

nix wrote:

bogeypro wrote:

I know I'm in for a long day when I go play golf on the weekends.

Seriously.... people need to learn how to pick up after 8 or 10 swings and move on to the next hole. My home course is a difficult public course. I see beginners show up and decide that they are going to get their money's worth that day. They will take every shot....even it it means 150 swings.

More stableford. If the US golfer could change mindsets from medal play to stableford, the pace of play would increase dramatically. People want to finish the game they are playing, and they want to play by the rules generally. If people played stableford, and they can't get a bogey, they can pick up or just go and chip/putt with their buddy and move things along.

Totally a culture thing that needs to change. Even if it's just a case of "don't keep score" and people take their tee shots, take one or 2 more, then pick up and putt out on the green

Wait so you are saying as soon as you're lying 3 pick up? That is a bit autocratic.
    Posted:
  • frebirdfrebird freebird  121Members Posts: 121
    When I Birdie the first hole
    Posted:
  • miket_81miket_81  1022Members Posts: 1,022
    When the Bluetooth speaker gets pulled out of the bag....
    Posted:
    Go to attached link for $20 off your first order at ShortPar4.com
    http://shortpar4.refr.cc/6DC52RQ
  • Bob9604Bob9604  270Members Posts: 270
    When you are playing in Denver and the single they out with your threesome keeps asking everyone "so do you like to smoke weed while playing?" Um NO!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1874Members Posts: 1,874
    You get paired with a 28HCP and they head for the back tees...
    Posted:
  • fillwelixfillwelix Boston Area 1324Members Posts: 1,324

fillwelix wrote:

nix wrote:

bogeypro wrote:

Seriously.... people need to learn how to pick up after 8 or 10 swings and move on to the next hole. My home course is a difficult public course. I see beginners show up and decide that they are going to get their money's worth that day. They will take every shot....even it it means 150 swings.

More stableford. If the US golfer could change mindsets from medal play to stableford, the pace of play would increase dramatically. People want to finish the game they are playing, and they want to play by the rules generally. If people played stableford, and they can't get a bogey, they can pick up or just go and chip/putt with their buddy and move things along.

Totally a culture thing that needs to change. Even if it's just a case of "don't keep score" and people take their tee shots, take one or 2 more, then pick up and putt out on the green

Wait so you are saying as soon as you're lying 3 pick up? That is a bit autocratic.

I just mean they hit their drive, and if they're just hacking away at it in the fairway/rough, just pick it up and drop around the green. I see too many people taking 10 or 12 swipes at the ball and adding 10 minutes per hole
    Posted:
    WITB
    Taylormade M3 Speeder Evo IV 565 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP33 3i Steelfiber i110 
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89
  • thug the bunnythug the bunny  6141Members Posts: 6,141
    fillwelix wrote:

fillwelix wrote:

nix wrote:

bogeypro wrote:

I just mean they hit their drive, and if they're just hacking away at it in the fairway/rough, just pick it up and drop around the green. I see too many people taking 10 or 12 swipes at the ball and adding 10 minutes per hole

These folks are entitled to their 10 swipes, but letting groups through is the answer. I think the word is finally starting to be heard even by casual players.
    Posted:

fillwelix wrote:

fillwelix wrote:

nix wrote:

These folks are entitled to their 10 swipes, but letting groups through is the answer. I think the word is finally starting to be heard even by casual players.

True, letting people play through is key. No matter what, you're certainly entitled to as many shots as it takes to get the ball in the whole if that's how you want to play. Whenever I'm teaching someone new I'll have them hit drive, then maybe one or two more, then just pick up and putt out on or around the green. It keeps them from getting too bogged down in "I can't even hit the ball!!" and keeps it more fun
    Posted:
    WITB
    Byron Morgan DH89
  • Bbo569Bbo569  183Members Posts: 183
    You have to wait for a cart because they are all currently on the course
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • teevonsteevons  2207Members Posts: 2,207
    Ha!! was going to post same thing about no carts, was told it was not cost effective, they were 45 minutes behind, it took 25 minute to play hole and then waited on number 2 tee box for half hour, we finally went back to club house and got rain check

Who said slow play is ruining golf??
    Posted:
  • NPVWhizNPVWhiz  1976Members Posts: 1,976
    ...the guy at the register says, "You guys are good to go. There is a high school tournament out there in front of you, but they've been on the course for an hour or so, so it shouldn't be a problem". image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />
    Posted:
    Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3
    > Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
    Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX
    Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw
    > Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.
    Vokey SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5
    > Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
    Scotty Golo
  • NPVWhizNPVWhiz  1976Members Posts: 1,976
    Now, I'm not trying be overly harsh on the youngsters. I like young uns, and have two of them. It's just with the high school players...there is no excuse. They need a game clock for those matches. The way the young kids learn from watching the PGA Tour players is just plain detrimental to the game.
    Posted:
    Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3
    > Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
    Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX
    Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw
    > Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.
    Vokey SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5
    > Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
    Scotty Golo
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank  14800ClubWRX Posts: 14,800
    NPVWhiz wrote:

...the guy at the register says, "You guys are good to go. There is a high school tournament out there in front of you, but they've been on the course for an hour or so, so it shouldn't be a problem". image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

We got similar to that a couple years ago. “High school tryouts are out there. But the coach is out too make it sure they’re not holding things up”, the lady says. Yeah right, coach was in his own group playing and not paying a bit of attention to the two groups behind him (and ahead of us) who were doing more jacking around than playing.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • dparkdpark  2551Members Posts: 2,551
    Medic wrote:

Just for fun and not meant to degrade anyone. Just finish the sentence above.

Here's mine:

"you are joined up with a threesome who, at 7:05 in the morning, are already chugging beers and are worried that the 24 pack they bought won't be enough."

Hey, by any chance to you play at the Reserve? I know those those 3 guys image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
    New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa

Advertisement
  • golf1836golf1836 Chopper  147Members Posts: 147
    When your paired with 2 guys and one of them doesn't even have a golf bag instead he is using a suitcase. Then hits his tee shot and hits it about 150 yards and hits a guy in the chest coming up the adjacent fairway.
    Posted:
  • golf1836golf1836 Chopper  147Members Posts: 147
    when your playing for the first time in kapalua and u get paired with a couple that does not speak english cant hit a shot more than a 150 yards and does not know they can drive off the cart path.
    Posted:
  • Mulligan26Mulligan26  1251Members Posts: 1,251
    Bbo569 wrote:

They send 4 walkers off as the first group

I do this every Saturday morning. They finish in 3.5 hours. Every. Saturday. In the bar drinking by 9:30am, god bless em.
    Posted:
    Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
    Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
    Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
    Cameron Squareback.
    ProV1x

Assistant Professional
    PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"
  • cgrcgr Corpus Christi, TX 81Members Posts: 81
    You know it's going to be a long day when you have two lost balls on the first hole, both of which cratered somewhere in the fairway.
    Posted:
  • gunnigunni Flag Hunter North Carolina 34Unregistered Posts: 34
    Medic wrote:

Just for fun and not meant to degrade anyone. Just finish the sentence above.

Here's mine:

"you are joined up with a threesome who, at 7:05 in the morning, are already chugging beers and are worried that the 24 pack they bought won't be enough."

When the guys in the group can't stop there yaps from talking while I'm in my pre-shot routine and about to hit the ball.

Can't stop talking for 5 seconds? Give me a break!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NC 5477Members Posts: 5,477
    This actually happened to me, but in my own defense it was my first round of golf after decades away from the game.

"You know it is going to be a long day when your first two putts are both 20 footers and you didn't make the first one".

dave
    Posted:
    When you show up to the course and realize you forgot your putter and favorite wedge in the living room while practicing the night before...
    Posted:
    WITB
    Byron Morgan DH89
  • gunslinger646gunslinger646  183Members Posts: 183
    The foursome in front of you are all wearing jeans.......
    Posted:
  • Fresh GreensFresh Greens  114Members Posts: 114
    When you go to hit your first ball on the range and you address the ball and your hands are shaking and the ball looks like it’s moving... 🍻
    Posted:
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing  1073Members Posts: 1,073
    When you have a 930 tee time and you drive over there at 920 and your 6 groups behind.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Kingston Putters KP2

Advertisement
  • KylemckKylemck  170Members Posts: 170
    when you get paired with a guy with a score clicker to keep track of how many shots hes hit
    Posted:
  • ShipwreckShipwreck  3975Members Posts: 3,975
    krtgolfing wrote:

When you have a 930 tee time and you drive over there at 920 and your 6 groups behind.

All aboard the NOPE train!
    Posted:

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• tatertottatertot  4608Members Posts: 4,608

The foursome in front of you are all wearing jeans.......

Did you and the other ladies just head back to the clubhouse for another hand of pinochle?
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot

Advertisement
  • JskiserJskiser  216Members Posts: 216
    When you’re playing with your old frat brothers and 2 are so drunk one the first tee that they wiff and literally face plant. Looooonnnnggg day ahead of us gents.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.