Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Medic

815983ee8594b417a7b46f280961f529.jpg

You find a fried electronics board that irrigates hole number 5, the most viewed hole on the entire course as the entrance to the club parallels hole 5.

Actually....finding it was a GOOD thing....

Changing it out.....probably not so much

BTW - have done many a board...it can always be worse....you could have to be doing it in the rain

When a third member is added to your twosome at the first tee. Now this is okay, however it was really confusing when he kept referring to himself in the third person. We were awaiting for T-Roy to show up as a forth. We knew from previous discussion that T-Roy was stiff (maybe that's why he's running behind), T-Roy missed breakfast (getting food?) T-Roy had some bad fish the night before and might need a few pit stops as we play (poor guy).

So you played with Jack Pearsall? Jack Pearsall told me that Jack Pearsall is a pretty good golfer ...

When a third member is added to your twosome at the first tee. Now this is okay, however it was really confusing when he kept referring to himself in the third person. We were awaiting for T-Roy to show up as a forth. We knew from previous discussion that T-Roy was stiff (maybe that's why he's running behind), T-Roy missed breakfast (getting food?) T-Roy had some bad fish the night before and might need a few pit stops as we play (poor guy).

So you played with Jack Pearsall? Jack Pearsall told me that Jack Pearsall is a pretty good golfer ...

Haha yes!

When you as a single get paired up with a group by the pro shop. You go to introduce yourself and they say no you can't join us... sorry not sorry

The only way I can see them being right is if they paid for the 4th tee time so they could ensure they don't get paired up. But even then, no need to be a jerk about it.

I would remain cordial, (or at least try to) and tell them I was going ahead of them so they can play by themselves. Then proceed to tee up ahead of them let them go to the pro shop if they are mad.

What happened after they said that to you?

If I was in a group of 3 and really didn't want a 4th, (likely never going to happen, I meet great people on the course) I would offer to let them go ahead. One player will be quick.

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

When you as a single get paired up with a group by the pro shop. You go to introduce yourself and they say no you can't join us... sorry not sorry

The only way I can see them being right is if they paid for the 4th tee time so they could ensure they don't get paired up. But even then, no need to be a jerk about it.

I would remain cordial, (or at least try to) and tell them I was going ahead of them so they can play by themselves. Then proceed to tee up ahead of them let them go to the pro shop if they are mad.

What happened after they said that to you?

If I was in a group of 3 and really didn't want a 4th, (likely never going to happen, I meet great people on the course) I would offer to let them go ahead. One player will be quick.

They didn't pay for the 4th and it was a busy day. So there was no where to go.

I am a lot like you, I don't mind getting paired with anyone, because 99% of the time people are fun/interesting to play with, regardless of skill. Just keep up the pace please!

815983ee8594b417a7b46f280961f529.jpg

You find a fried electronics board that irrigates hole number 5, the most viewed hole on the entire course as the entrance to the club parallels hole 5.

Actually....finding it was a GOOD thing....

Changing it out.....probably not so much

BTW - have done many a board...it can always be worse....you could have to be doing it in the rain

Problem wasn't the board...We've got spares. Issue was our irrigation tech didn't think to check stuff out. It was only when I noticed 5 fwy was getting crispy and decided to check it myself. Swapping board piece of cake, swapping solenoids on the heads themselves meh not so much.

Happened today:

Me, my wife and daughter have an hr to kill before a meeting with friends. They need to go to the mall. There is a PGA Superstore across the street so I drop them at the mall and head over. I want to hit the Ping crossover iron. All the simulator bays are occupied and the Ping bay is being used by an old, tall thin dude hitting driver. He is striping them down the middle, low with a nice draw. Every shot. Low, down the middle with a nice draw. The employee is bringing him different woods. He hits them all the same. Down the Middle, low with a nice draw. All of them are going about 90 yards. I just want to hit a couple, but this guy keeps hitting. Low. Down the middle. Nice draw. 80-95 yards.

I am watching the time. The store employee is treating Mr. Haversham like he is Jason Day tweaking his driver setup. Low, middle, draw. 90 yards.

I leave to pick up my wife.

He is probably still there hitting low draws down the middle. 87 yards.

Mizuno MP-20’s

Ping G-410

I golf as a single quite a bit and that has never happened to me. I didn't even think that was an option for the group on the tee. I'd probably just tell them sorry, go talk to the pro shop, they paired me up with you. Then offer to go ahead of them if they don't want to play with you. That's unreal..........

...............when they put a "range player" single with you. You know, the guy that plays well on the range but can't figure out what's wrong "on the course" and needs to share his "range experience" with you after each and every shot.

Range Player: My son coined that phrase after listening to a guy complain for 9 holes.

Just remembered a kid I played with in high school, we called him "Max" not because that was his name, but because he would hit one poor shot on a hole and immediately say "I'll take max" and be done with the hole.

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

I golf as a single quite a bit and that has never happened to me. I didn't even think that was an option for the group on the tee. I'd probably just tell them sorry, go talk to the pro shop, they paired me up with you. Then offer to go ahead of them if they don't want to play with you. That's unreal..........

I have had it happen with threesomes enough to stop booking with 3-somes but it is pretty rare. Even the courses that are very good about the starter pairing up players it will happen every once in a great while. The only time I had it happen with a two-some was when they were a group of 8 that played every week at the same time and same course. Apparently they only had 6 that week and signed up as a foursome and twosome but wanted to play as 2 groups of 3. So really they were 3-somes even though the booking engine showed one group as a two-some. Their mistake.

I knew the starter well and he knew our relative ability. He insisted if that is how they wanted to do it then we would go as a 2-some in front of them. It was early so not many in front of us. The guys now behind us were rabbits that didn't like the idea but they had no choice. So they spent the first few holes trying to get as far up our &$%$# as they could. When they realized it wasn't going to push our pace, when in fact we slowed down, they finally settled into a normal pace and we finished many holes ahead of them after resuming our normal pace.

at 6 am you realize you have been out all night partying, have a coorperate outing at 9 am with the average person shooting 120 and show up to the first tee shaking and profusely sweating out all your bad decisions from the night before

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

You know you're in for a long day when........... When you are in a charity scramble that features two groups on every tee and on your first hole you watch the group on the adjacent hole use five mulligans from the fairway before they got a ball on the green. That's right folks 9 shots from 145 to get a ball on the green.........on their first freaking hole. Six hour death march from there.

When you stripe your first drive on a not so short par 4 opening hole, Hosel Rocket your gap wedge approach right at the teaching pro and new student (thankfully a pine tree stopped the progress of the ball) and then after you finally get the ball close to the green you realize your 54 degree wedge is missing from your bag. Spent the whole round worrying someone wouldn't have turned it in from the night before. Made for a long 9 holes but I felt much better when I went in the pro shop and my wedge was in the corner.

Correct. That's not for them to decide. And I never had that happen to me either.

• 2 weeks later...

When your threesome gets paired up with the "every negative golf stereotype"guy on the first tee. The round took 4 hours, but felt like an eternity.

- "I never play this bad" and other assorted excuses on pretty much every hole.

- Overestimating his drivers by about 30-40 yds. I lost count how many times I told him "Your ball is back there." - Yes, we helped him find his ball.

- Consistently driving his cart into restricted areas and having to reverse out on almost every hole.

- Reversing his cart while we were in mid-swing. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

- Obliviously driving by our balls and parking his cart in our line.

- Obliviously standing by his ball on the green when someone is trying to chip on

- Walking in everyone's line.

Not his fault, but:

- His cart dies on him on the 8th hole after driving into another restricted area. He couldn't get it to start and had to call the clubhouse to get another cart.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

When your threesome gets paired up with the "every negative golf stereotype"guy on the first tee. The round took 4 hours, but felt like an eternity.

- Overestimating his drivers by about 30-40 yds. I lost count how many times I told him "Your ball is back there." - Yes, we helped him find his ball.

- Consistently driving his cart into restricted areas and having to reverse out on almost every hole.

- Obliviously standing by his ball on the green when someone is trying to chip on

Not his fault, but:

- His cart dies on him on the 8th hole after driving into another restricted area. He couldn't get it to start and had to call the clubhouse to get another cart.

You've got to wonder about some people. The overestimating drives I can forgive. I've got bad distance vision, and even with corrective contacts I still have trouble sometimes with relative distance and marker points. However, consistently driving into waste/restricted areas and just a general lack of courtesy is not forgiven and it would ruin my round. I am not a confrontational guy so I definitely wouldn't say a thing during the round hahaha.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Not his fault, but:

You've got to wonder about some people. The overestimating drives I can forgive. I've got bad distance vision, and even with corrective contacts I still have trouble sometimes with relative distance and marker points. However, consistently driving into waste/restricted areas and just a general lack of courtesy is not forgiven and it would ruin my round. I am not a confrontational guy so I definitely wouldn't say a thing during the round hahaha.

Same here. I’m not confrontational and it’s my fault I didn’t say more than “you’re in the way”. It started to get to me on 6 and it was all downhill from there. I need to go to one of those sports psychologists to learn better coping mechanisms. Hahahaha

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

I have no problem taking an offender aside and quietly, unemotionally explaining the infraction, and mentioning that behaviour doesn't fly with us 'here'. I found a long time ago certain people are clueless and don't realize what they're doing, and some are belligerent, but when called on it they not only stop the bad behaviour, they usually bend over backwards to be exemplary afterwards.