Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Medic

When you've got 36 holes to play for your long awaited PGA players ability test and you promptly hook your first tee shot 50 yards OB onto the rooftops of the condos lining the first fairway....

Β 

Fortunately someone in the group lightens the mood by saying..., "well,....at least we didn't hear glass break!!"

Β 

First time I took the PAT I striped my first tee shot (par 3) to the wrong green. Started off with a tidy double. Did not pass

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

When you haven't gotten out for any after work 9's in the last 3 weeks. No matter how much extra time you put in the emails/problems just won't stop and the weather hasn't exactly cooperated. Right now a 3 hour nine behind 4 blue haired biddy's that knock the ball 50 yards on each shot seems like it would palatable... but I'm sure I would tire of it quick. Today is going to be a loooooooooong day. Thankfully the weekend is coming.

Β 

Yea I sympathize with this one. Having a young one at home can be tough to get out after work. And if it's all good at home, sometime work or the weather creeps up to snag hope at that after work 9.

Β 

I keep hoping!

Then have a 15 footer for eagle on number 2, only to 3 putt for par.

Β 

We call that a "Beagle".

Β 

Oh I am so stealing that one.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

There are a few Korean families that frequent my home course, and they are notoriously slow players and refuse to let anyone play through.

They've been spoken to several times about it by course management, but nothing changes. We don't usually have marshals out because most people who play there are courteous enough to let quicker groups through.

Β 

Anyway, I went out after work last Friday, and the usual aforementioned group (that I often have the misfortune of getting stuck behind) was putting on #9.

I'm just teeing off on #1 so am thankful that I won't get stuck behind them.

Β 

Get through the first 9 holes in just over an hour (just me, walking) and tee off on 10. I notice a group ahead of me. It's another Korean family out with their daughter who I'd guess is 10 or 11 years old.

Hole 10 is a par 5 that I can't usually reach in two. I'll usually have 50-100 in for my 3rd. They're about 100 yards out from the green so I wait. And wait. And wait. After around 10 mins waiting to hit my second they finally get to the green.

Hit a good shot and have 50 left. Wait another 5 mins or so for them to get done putting, hit the green and 2 putt for a par.

Β 

Head off to 11. They haven't teed off yet. Expecting them to tell me to go ahead I head up to the tee marker, but they jump up there ahead of me and proceed to tee off. The guys hit it maybe 100 yards, the wife 50 yards and the daughter 20 yards. I look at them waiting for the invitation to tee off and play ahead, but they ignore me and move up to play their second shots. After about 15 minutes waiting on the tee box they're maybe 150 yards out.

Decided "hell with that" and just walked up the other side of the fairway from them to get to the next hole. I think they gave me some dirty looks, but I was ignoring them. Got to 12 (short par 3), didn't even take a yardage just guessed and hit. Hit a beauty to about 3 feet so made the putt and headed to 13. They were still on the green on 11 when I left. I bet it took them a good 25 mins to play that one hole.

Β 

I'm all for getting your kids out and playing, but if you're holding people up then let them play through!

Β 

Next few holes went pretty quick, and I was playing really well, hitting pars, bogeys and the odd birdie. Got up to hole #16 and guess who I catch up to...

That first group of Koreans who were putting on #9 when I was teeing off on 1. They'd played 6 holes in the time I'd done 15 (15 which included that wait on 10 & 11)

Β 

Again, they don't let me play through. Last 3 holes took 50 minutes, and I was so frustrated that my game went to crap. Had been on pace to shoot my best score ever too.

Β 

It's a cultural thing, and their culture sucks. They need help with assimilation.

Oh, here's a good one.

Β 

You are on your way to an awesome course for a birthday round with your wife on Interstate 4, voted the WORST highway in America when...

Β 

you hit a parking lot.

Β 

Right below a sign that says "Police Activity Ahead - All Lanes Closed"

Β 

Two and a half hours later we finally made it.

Β 

Turned out some nut job had decided to carjack someone in front of a LEO. The chase was on. Stop sticks deployed successfully. And, because of the mess it created, all three eastbound lanes were shut down. For hours.

Β 

You KNOW you are in for a long day when you hit a parking lot fully 5 miles from your exit with nowhere to go and the only bright side is that you have plenty of fuel, your car's a/c is cold, and you don't have to pee.

Β 

But arriving at the course a little frazzled stunk a bit. Took a full hole for me to relax. : )

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

When prospective members at your course of employment get the red-carpet treatment before teeing off... Only to return less than 45 min later, requesting our "on-course doctor" (don't have one) for a "severe injury". Come to find out, the two wives tried to pull a quick u-turn while going straight uphill (next to the green) and were promptly thrown from the cart. Last words from the geriatric lawn darts before they left? "I knew we should have brought our Life Alerts..."

Taylormade M1 460 9.5* HZRDUS Black 65g 6.5
Taylormade M1 Fairway 15* Fujikura Evolution II 757 X-Stiff
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19* KBS Graphite Hybrid Prototype 95x
Miura CB-1008 w/ Nippon Pro Modus3 120 X-Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM7 50*,54* and 58* w/ Nippon Wedge 125
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

When you get out for a rare round with one of your oldest friends but you don't play near as much golf as he does. Rather than just enjoying the day he harps on your old clubs, always talking about how new clubs are better, keeps on about how many balls you are losing, etc. Dude, you invited me knowing I play once a year at best, lighten up. His vibe was so negative I caught it and started moaning about poorly I was doing. To top it off he seemed to be a bit off about the cost of the round, drinks, etc. He didn't actually say anything and if there was an issue he should have. He invited me to his club as a guest but made me feel totally uncomfortable and unwelcome. Makes me wonder why he asked.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5Β°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex,Β Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby Max Milled 54Β° & 58Β°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

When you get out for a rare round with one of your oldest friends but you don't play near as much golf as he does. Rather than just enjoying the day he harps on your old clubs, always talking about how new clubs are better, keeps on about how many balls you are losing, etc. Dude, you invited me knowing I play once a year at best, lighten up. His vibe was so negative I caught it and started moaning about poorly I was doing. To top it off he seemed to be a bit off about the cost of the round, drinks, etc. He didn't actually say anything and if there was an issue he should have. He invited me to his club as a guest but made me feel totally uncomfortable and unwelcome. Makes me wonder why he asked.

Β 

We have a winner.

Β 

New form of "whine and dine" perhaps?

When the group in front lets the green clear on a par 5 before teeing off. Then proceed to tee off and no one in the group gets one out there over 200.

Β 

This so much. Or the group behind you acting like you have to clear the green on a par 4 before teeing off like you're holding everyone up because they are going to bomb it 330.

When you unfortunately tee off as a three-some behind a high-school four-some tournament with the coaches in their carts and the attendant parents in their own carts. The kids do their best Jordan Speith, Jason Day impersonations, range finders, 15 practice swings, 3 minutes to hit the ball. Nine holes in 3 hours! Thank goodness they were done after 9 when we got to the turn. Played the last 9 in 1 hour 45 minutes and we were just cruising.

First real tournament I have been in for 14 years I tee off and hit a push slice 40 yards OB. Wait until the members of my group tee off... All hit it right down the pike. 3 from tee Decide to hit an iron.. Snap hook ob... now I am about to vomit on the tee and somehow hit my 5th shot right down the pike. 6th shot on green.. 2 putt 8. Next hole snap hook OB.. 3rd ball barely stays in play... 4th shot punch onto green two putt 6. Longest day ever... I would have rather been getting a rootc canal at some points. I do not think I can ever replicate the nerves and anxiety I felt on those first two holes again. Ended up shooting a 92 on Day 1 and an 81 on day 2. Miserable experience but glad I got it out of the way.

When you go on a golf trip of a lifetime with a buddy. And by hole 5 of 36 on day 1 of 7 hes not made it past the ladies tees and is about to walk off the course...

Β 

Finally get that first 18 through somehow, eat and regroup. Seems like everything will be better then get paired up with a guy that spends his day peddling his pain management contraptions... kill me softly.

...your wife/significant other says to you, 'c'mon honey, you know i can pick it up quick -- let me go with you to the course, worst comes to worst, i could just drive the cart!'

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10Β Tour / 3w /Β Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• 4 weeks later...

When u get paired up by the proshop on the first tee with two complete newbies on a busy weekend morning...she hits 2 into the water 150 yards right of the fwy, manages to keep the 3rd on grass...then her hubby takes 3 shots even tho his first was in play.

Β 

I quit caring my hole 4. I tried to get us moving and we fell a hole behind by 5. I was putting out and running over to tee off. It was near 5 hours of brutally slow and painful golf. Not only were they newbies but they couldn't locate their balls 50 yards after every shot

Cobra King F6 (set on 9* penetrating)
Aeroburner Mini Driver 14*
Wilson Staff 19.5*
Nike Forged Pro Combo 4-PW
Maltby Wedges 50-54-58

When your tourney playing partner is having a horrible day (finishes NET 89) and completely spaces out for most of round. What should have taken 3:30...maybe 3:45 takes the longest 4:30 you've ever played. 1. slowwww pre-shot routine 2. sulking after every bad shot 3. ignoring rest of group completely after a few holes. 4. welches on Nassau side-bet that he initiated. On 18, one of our playing partners comments on how slow we are. "Mr. Slow and Miserable" says "It's not too fast and not too slow." We all shot him a look and in unison said "WE'RE SLOW!" For the record, I've never met the other two guys before yesterday.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1xΒ 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

...when it's the morning of your US Mid-Amateur qualifier and the alarms you set on your phone don't go off so you wake up at 6:13 AM instead of 5:00 AM, thus causing you to race out the door to make the hour long drive to the course in traffic, hopefully in time to do your stretching, hit a couple of balls, and roll a few putts. Not ideal.

Β 

Just happened a couple of days ago.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 -Β DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

When,

The group in front could not get off the first tee, and was hitting their "mulligans".

Β 

When,

the group ahead took 20 minutes to get to the green.

Β 

When,

while on the tee box, observing one group ahead of us still waiting to tee off, one group in the fairway, one group just reach the green and one group barely existing the green in front.