Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Medic

the guy you get paired up with shoots north of 110 and has a longer pre shot routine than Jason Day and to top it off, he refuses to even get out of his cart and start said pre shot routine until its his turn to hit. Never mind that the person hitting before him is 100 yards away on the other side of the fairway. And of course every mulligan (there were a lot) have the same long pre shot routine.

There are old guys in front of you or you're paired up with old guys. Not that they are slow, they just talk to you the whole time.

Β 

Um, young guys also talk a lot, yes? Except their vocabulary is at a 5th grade level. Endless yo brah, dude, that was beast, yeah fo shizzle, and other sparkling examples of fake English language.

Β 

Sure but no one is telling 2 hour long stories about that time they played well or about that course they played 30 years ago. Old guys are the worst.

Β 

In 25 yrs of playing I have not noticed any correlation between gum flapping and age, or race, or gender, or religion. I have recently noticed an abundance of posts accusing various of these demographics of certain behaviors, and they are all false because they are subjective generalizations.

That's all I will say; I'm gonna bail out of this one.

Β 

Amen brother. I wanted to say something (being old your understand) but decided against it.

When you are on the practice range warming up and have hit just about everything just the way you want to...4 balls left to hit and you decide to hit a couple more 6 irons...and you shank all 4 of the balls you had left.

Β 

I absolutely hate that. That's why I have learned when I go to the range before a round I just hit 2/3 shots simply to get the feel of good contact and loosen up. I never try to do too much on the range.

...when someone in your pairing has a chippo in their bag.

Β 

Used-Tru--Form-Chippo-Golf-Chipper_62421B.jpg

Β 

Heh, I was in a scramble last weekend and an older guy in our group had one of those!

Β 

Man variations of the chipper have been around since the turn of the 20th century and were used by pro's and amateurs alike. Funny how opinions change over time as to things I guess.

Β 

PS - No I don't use one..lol

my friend won one in a lucky draw. he's a 2hdcp and man is he deadly with that thing....

We had a tournament early Sunday morning where each group was 3 balls, carts required. We are first and get to the first tee but the club sent out 4 walkers where no one could carry the ravine in front of the tee so all went left and worked their way around the hazard to the green. For us, driver, wedge. Many groups starting complaining about it before we even tee off and the guys i'm with went nuts again and called the club to complain from the second tee box. The whole day was whingeing about pace of play, frustration and just bad golf.

Β 

In fact, the round took 4hrs 5mins. I really don't care about pace and actually won with a crappy 79. Usually winner is 70 to 73. Laughed all the way to the bank.

This is my first time on a golf course...and then he puts his stand back on his chest not his back. True story. It happened to me two months ago. Ditched him after 7 excruciating holes. First time I ever left a playing partner behind

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50*Β 

Jaw Raw 54sΒ Β 

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Played a round this Saturday and was third up from the teeing off. Teeing off was a 5-some walking followed by a group where 2 of them topped their balls off the first tee just to tee them up again and shank them. I knew we were in for a very long day, especially knowing it would be 90 degrees by the time we get to the back nine. We ended up playing up to 16, which took 5 hours, and just left.

It's 10 minutes before your 9:00 am tee time. One buddy is in the restaurant having a full breakfast and his second cocktail. The other two guys are "on their way".

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

It's 10 minutes before your 9:00 am tee time. One buddy is in the restaurant having a full breakfast and his second cocktail. The other two guys are "on their way".

Β 

Which is why once I determine someone in my group is 'one of those guys' they get told the tee time is 10 to 30 minutes earlier than it actually is. Luckily I don't have to deal with those guys much anymore.

There is a course in metro detroit that does 6min intervals and puts zero dollars into the operation; they operate out of a cart barn. All their profit goes towards the course. It is always in perfect condition. People always complain about the pace yet wgen ever i play it, its always packed.

Β 

I play on a tuesday league there. 9 holes is bearable. Haven't set foot in years on the weekend.

Β 

It's packed because green's fees are cheap, and the beer is cheap.

I was thinking the same thing. Blackheath is a fun links course, good turf on the fairways.

But sanctuary lakes has to be the worst with overbooking. Backed up 40 min on the first tee last year. 6.5hr round of golf.. although the best round ive played

Β 

Yep, I don't go there.

Β 

Which is why once I determine someone in my group is 'one of those guys' they get told the tee time is 10 to 30 minutes earlier than it actually is. Luckily I don't have to deal with those guys much anymore.

Β 

I used to do this with my GF. 1 hr before tee time, I would be ready to go and she would still be in her bath robe, and I would say I'll meet you there (she lived 5 min from the course) and give her a fake tee time 15 min early, and she would still show up 5 min late. Luckily the starters all knew her habits and if the group behind us was ready they would send them off and we would follow.

"In for a long day" when the practice range is closed, leaving me to tee off without hitting a small bucket and finding what swing showed up. That means front 9 will have more bogies than normal as I find my swing, and pressures the back nine to make up the strokes.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15Β° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3iΒ to 9iΒ MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12,Β M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

"In for a long day" when the practice range is closed, leaving me to tee off without hitting a small bucket and finding what swing showed up. That means front 9 will have more bogies than normal as I find my swing, and pressures the back nine to make up the strokes.

Β 

Weird round Tuesday night for me - got off a little later than normal and had already told my buddy to meet me. Was hoping to get there, hit a few on the range to oil up the joints a bit, and hit #1. Didn't have the time so went right from the car to the first tee.

Β 

Shot an awesome round. Still took 3 holes to completely feel loose but even those first three holes were not too tragic - only one over.

Β 

I honestly think it was because of the heat. SO hot not hard to get "warmed up" and no pain in joints to speak of helped me to swing free and easy. No way I could have done that well in winter time - even here in Florida.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

when the group in front of you is two couples...ladies hit straight...but no more than 125 of the front tees. And the husbands, with their brand new M2's, tee off from the tips, take massive cuts are the ball...and it goes no more than 150-160, in all directions...and they end up behind their wives for their 2nd shots.

Β 

Had the pleasure of watching this hole after hole, while waiting 5-10 mins at the tee box on every single hole. All 18. ALL of them.