GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Taylormade P790 Irons

194959799100122
122

Comments

  • magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members  2391WRX Points: 244Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,391 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2882
    Same here. Had to add length to get them to anywhere close to a good weight. Might want to just go to a retail location, grab a std set off the rack and have them weigh them. If there light... grab them and reshaft. I’ve had 3 sets of these all below d-0 stock.
    Posted:
    M2 or M3 or M4 or ... M5 or SIM
    Some driving iron for Links courses
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s or Callys 
    A Vokey wedge or 2 or 3
    I love/hate every one of my 17 putters
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  3041WRX Points: 509Handicap: 7.6Posts: 3,041 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #2883
    <br />
    First up let me say that I wanted to buy a set of TM 790 but they can't build me a set at less than D6 at +1" even with lightweight shafts and their lightest heads so that was a deal-breaker for me.<br />
    <br />
    I have tested them extensively on trackman with lots of different shaft options. If you remove all of the other variables (loft, shaft, swingweight, length) whereby the ONLY difference is the head, I didn't find them much longer than most other heads on the market for a properly struck shot.<br />
    <br />
    They are forgiving so mishits may well go further and they look and feel good to me. The strong lofts make the real difference vs conventional loft clubs, but it's pure semantics if you take a 7 rather than a 6 simply because the 7 has the same loft as the 6<br />
    <br />
    Not knocking them, it's a great product I would happily own, but getting fit into the right shaft has a far greater influence on performance than the extra "speed" you get off these irons vs competition with the same lofts.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Their distance edge is mostly about the lofts and partly the design. I tested them against the i200 and with the Ping power spec lofts they go about the same distance in the same flight window. The 790 is chunkier and yet a little better looking to me than the i200, but I was more comfortable with all the clubs in the set with the Pings. <br />
    <br />
    Could easily play either. I’d buy the 790 all day long over the PXG’s they compete with but I went with the Pings mainly due to the sole and I liked the turf interaction a little more. Went with the power spec and still get a nice mid-high flight window. I also have read so many tales of TM clubs arriving with specs all over the map that I did not want to mess with it. Company seems to have major issues with quality control on custom orders. You make custom orders for the precision you want and it seems to not be important to TM to deliver on those precise requests. <br />
    <br />
    The best part of the 790 IMO is the long irons. Real easy to elevate.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT driver, 10 degree, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75 stiff
    Cobra F9 Speedback, 14.5 degree, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Callaway Epic Flash, 17 degree, HzRDUS Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Rogue, 21 degree, Diamana BF 80 stiff
    TaylorMade GAPR Hi 24, KBS TGI 80 stiff

    Srixon z765 (5-7(, z965 (8-P) Fujikura 95i TS stiff
    Callaway MD4 50 S grind, 54 W grind
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth TK 58
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line putter w/Pure grip
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members  1758WRX Points: 139Posts: 1,758 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2884
    magnus7319 wrote:
    <br />
    Same here. Had to add length to get them to anywhere close to a good weight. Might want to just go to a retail location, grab a std set off the rack and have them weigh them. If there light... grab them and reshaft. I've had 3 sets of these all below d-0 stock.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thank you - I'm in the UK and I know it's hard to believe but few retailers have a simple swingweight machine! It's nothing like PGASS or Golf Galaxy where they have full club-making facilities in store and you'd want to cry at some of the stuff you get told if you phone an OEM, the standard of service over technical requests tends to be horrible. Totally different experience which is why most of my equipment has been bought during my many visits to the US, especially Scottsdale.
    Posted:
  • SeaIslandSeaIsland Certifiable Members  144WRX Points: 39Handicap: 7Posts: 144 Fairways
    Joined:  #2885
    mason82 wrote:
    <br />
    Just can't figure these out. Played again yesterday and just can't get them dialed in. Hit my buddies 718 CBs and it was night and day. Better feel, better control.<br />
    <br />
    Probably going to sell mine, which sucks because I was fit for these with freaking Oban shafts so I am going to take it in the shorts.<br />
    . Did you sell them? Wondering about those Obans.... thanks,
    Posted:
  • SlamminSamuelSlamminSamuel MaconMembers  21WRX Points: 34Handicap: 8.0Posts: 21 Bunkers
    Joined:  #2886
    Here's a success story for all you 12-16 index's out there. Went from struggling to find more than 5 or 6 GIRs a round with my s55s to flushing these buttery bad boys into 12-14 GIRs a round. Still dialing in distances as our range balls are the dreaded srixon limited flight balls, but I easily gained a club in distance and on some shots a club and a half with the p790s.
    Posted:
    TM Aeroburner Driver - 10.5
    TM Rocketballz 3W - 15
    TM SLDR 4H - 21
    TM 2011 Rescue - 23.5
    Ping S55 Orange Dot
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-02 33.5"
  • RodCRodC Members  373WRX Points: 38Handicap: 12Posts: 373 Greens
    Joined:  #2887
    <br />
    First up let me say that I wanted to buy a set of TM 790 but they can't build me a set at less than D6 at +1" even with lightweight shafts and their lightest heads so that was a deal-breaker for me.<br />
    <br />
    I have tested them extensively on trackman with lots of different shaft options. If you remove all of the other variables (loft, shaft, swingweight, length) whereby the ONLY difference is the head, I didn't find them much longer than most other heads on the market for a properly struck shot.<br />
    <br />
    They are forgiving so mishits may well go further and they look and feel good to me. The strong lofts make the real difference vs conventional loft clubs, but it's pure semantics if you take a 7 rather than a 6 simply because the 7 has the same loft as the 6<br />
    <br />
    Not knocking them, it's a great product I would happily own, but getting fit into the right shaft has a far greater influence on performance than the extra "speed" you get off these irons vs competition with the same lofts.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I have them at +1” and they come at D3.5. <br />
    With modus3 105 S <br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Alta CB, X Shaft
    TM 2016 M2 3 Wood / Callaway EFSZ 3 wood 
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 Hybrid
    5-PW Mizuno MP-18SC - Steelfiber i95 (since Nov 17) - on the bag
    5-PW TM P-790 Modus 3 105 Stiff (since March 18) - on the bench
    4-PW Mizuno MP-20MMC KBS$ Stiff - since dec 19) - in transit 
    Cleveland RX2 50/08
    CBX 54º Wedge, CBX 58º Wedge.
    SM6 54º & 60º on the bag

    carbon-putters-revolver.png Carbon Ringo Putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • danielryanwdanielryanw Members  316WRX Points: 43Posts: 316 Greens
    Joined:  #2888
    <br />
    BirdieBob wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    First up let me say that I wanted to buy a set of TM 790 but they can't build me a set at less than D6 at +1" even with lightweight shafts and their lightest heads so that was a deal-breaker for me.<br />
    <br />
    I have tested them extensively on trackman with lots of different shaft options. If you remove all of the other variables (loft, shaft, swingweight, length) whereby the ONLY difference is the head, I didn't find them much longer than most other heads on the market for a properly struck shot.<br />
    <br />
    They are forgiving so mishits may well go further and they look and feel good to me. The strong lofts make the real difference vs conventional loft clubs, but it's pure semantics if you take a 7 rather than a 6 simply because the 7 has the same loft as the 6<br />
    <br />
    Not knocking them, it's a great product I would happily own, but getting fit into the right shaft has a far greater influence on performance than the extra "speed" you get off these irons vs competition with the same lofts.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I ordered some +1/2" and they came in at D0....had to pull the heads and add weight! DG 105 x100 shafts and they used lightweight heads.<br />
    If they had been +1" that would have been about D3.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's really interesting thanks. Did they have the etched dot in front of the serial number to denote light heads?<br />
    <br />
    My guy was coming up with D6 at +1" with Shimada Constant shafts that should swingweight about 1-2 pts LESS than the DG 105 X100<br />
    <br />
    Makes me wonder if he was just using the standard weight heads (apparently they had a green dot on them but no etched dot) even though he was told they were the lightest TM had<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Originally ordered mine at +1/2” with PX 6.5 (125g shafts) and they all came in right around D2. Added another 1/2” to them for a full inch over and they’re all around D4.5<br />
    Standard heads, no dots or etching.
    Posted:
    M3 8.5* | Synergy Black Proto 70tx
    M2 T3 13* DF | Tensei Pro Blue 80tx
    P790 2 UDI 17* | Tensei Pro White Hy 90tx
    '17 M1 20* hybrid | UST VTS Black 100hx
    Z745 4-PW | C-taper 125
    SM7 50*F 54*S 58*D | S400 TI Onyx
    Spider Tour Black
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members  1758WRX Points: 139Posts: 1,758 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2889
    <br />
    <br />
    BirdieBob wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    First up let me say that I wanted to buy a set of TM 790 but they can't build me a set at less than D6 at +1" even with lightweight shafts and their lightest heads so that was a deal-breaker for me.<br />
    <br />
    I have tested them extensively on trackman with lots of different shaft options. If you remove all of the other variables (loft, shaft, swingweight, length) whereby the ONLY difference is the head, I didn't find them much longer than most other heads on the market for a properly struck shot.<br />
    <br />
    They are forgiving so mishits may well go further and they look and feel good to me. The strong lofts make the real difference vs conventional loft clubs, but it's pure semantics if you take a 7 rather than a 6 simply because the 7 has the same loft as the 6<br />
    <br />
    Not knocking them, it's a great product I would happily own, but getting fit into the right shaft has a far greater influence on performance than the extra "speed" you get off these irons vs competition with the same lofts.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I ordered some +1/2" and they came in at D0....had to pull the heads and add weight! DG 105 x100 shafts and they used lightweight heads.<br />
    If they had been +1" that would have been about D3.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's really interesting thanks. Did they have the etched dot in front of the serial number to denote light heads?<br />
    <br />
    My guy was coming up with D6 at +1" with Shimada Constant shafts that should swingweight about 1-2 pts LESS than the DG 105 X100<br />
    <br />
    Makes me wonder if he was just using the standard weight heads (apparently they had a green dot on them but no etched dot) even though he was told they were the lightest TM had<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Originally ordered mine at +1/2" with PX 6.5 (125g shafts) and they all came in right around D2. Added another 1/2" to them for a full inch over and they're all around D4.5<br />
    Standard heads, no dots or etching.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks - I have messaged TM to try to understand how I am being told one thing, yet there are so many members here that evidence +1" over with Modus 105 should get close to D3 with lighter heads
    Posted:
  • SefSef Members  934WRX Points: 98Handicap: 7Posts: 934 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2890
    adam.byrne wrote:
    No iron set will be all things to all people. Aside from the head, many other variables exist too such as shaft, length, lie, grips, etc. Seems clear to me the P790s work great for many, including myself. If the P790s (or insert any other major OEM model) don’t work for you, it isn’t because they inherently have gapping issues, are too hot, etc. Poor results are due to only one of two things: set build isn’t appropriate for you, or you aren’t putting a good swing on them. <br />
    But all that said I switch gear all the time because it is really fun to try all the new stuff and then “nerd out” with all my other “golf nerd” friends. So I’m not knocking this thread or posts, just feel this needs to be said. And I check this thread daily to read all the banter because I find it incredibly entertaining to read, so there is always that....
    <br />
    <br />
    I disagree with this. Different heads are designed to have different ball-flight characteristics. If a player who naturally hits a high ball and already has moderate to low spin, say Jason Day, picked up the P790 it would be terrible for him. If a player who needs launch help grabbed some blades the higher CG would have them hitting bullets with too shallow a land angle. <br />
    <br />
    I know I personally can’t flight the P790 down or spin it enough for it to be usable. Also, I have no need for a 220yd 7i. Weaken the lofts to increase spin and I hit it even higher. Some swings just do not work well with certain head designs. To me the P750 is the class of the current TM lineup.<br />
    <br />
    Maybe this is what you mean by “set build” and if so my apologies, I took that to mean shaft profile, length, weight, flex, etc.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9* - Fuji Pro 2.0 70X
    Callaway 816 Alpha 3w - Rogue I/O 70X
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 19* 5w - Tour Green 75X
    Ping S55 4-pw - Project X LZ 7.0
    Glide 2.0 Stealth 51, 56, and 60 - DG X100
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
  • adam.byrneadam.byrne Members  222WRX Points: 36Posts: 222 Fairways
    Joined:  #2891
    Sef wrote:
    adam.byrne wrote:
    No iron set will be all things to all people. Aside from the head, many other variables exist too such as shaft, length, lie, grips, etc. Seems clear to me the P790s work great for many, including myself. If the P790s (or insert any other major OEM model) don’t work for you, it isn’t because they inherently have gapping issues, are too hot, etc. Poor results are due to only one of two things: set build isn’t appropriate for you, or you aren’t putting a good swing on them. <br />
    But all that said I switch gear all the time because it is really fun to try all the new stuff and then “nerd out” with all my other “golf nerd” friends. So I’m not knocking this thread or posts, just feel this needs to be said. And I check this thread daily to read all the banter because I find it incredibly entertaining to read, so there is always that....
    <br />
    <br />
    I disagree with this. Different heads are designed to have different ball-flight characteristics. If a player who naturally hits a high ball and already has moderate to low spin, say Jason Day, picked up the P790 it would be terrible for him. If a player who needs launch help grabbed some blades the higher CG would have them hitting bullets with too shallow a land angle. <br />
    <br />
    I know I personally can’t flight the P790 down or spin it enough for it to be usable. Also, I have no need for a 220yd 7i. Weaken the lofts to increase spin and I hit it even higher. Some swings just do not work well with certain head designs. To me the P750 is the class of the current TM lineup.<br />
    <br />
    Maybe this is what you mean by “set build” and if so my apologies, I took that to mean shaft profile, length, weight, flex, etc.
    <br />
    <br />
    I agree. Set build to me includes all you mention including the head. The pros could game just about anything but you wont see more than a few game a full set of 790s. Totally agree for several reasons. <br />
    <br />
    I love the banter and debates as much as anyone, but the reality is that the 790s are great, they just may not be great for everyone. We can say that about most major oem clubs and shafts. I’m as guilty as anyone though of searching for those unicorns. And we all know the unicorn is a jus a properly fit club. Yet many of us enjoy the “hunt” more than anything. I love how as soon as I want to try something I quickly get online to watch/read reviews as if that has anything to do with the results I’d see. But I do it anyways and will continue to do it because it is fun. Simply put, if anyone wants the best results they need to get fit. That of course includes myself. But I am currently gaming 790s in project x 6.0 that I wasn’t fitted for. And I’m playing a 2 iron which should probably be in someone else’s bag. Yet here we all are. But we’re having fun, right?!?
    Posted:
  • Tiptx1122Tiptx1122 TMPing Members  1713WRX Points: 137Posts: 1,713 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jun 18, 2018 #2892
    These P790 seem to be the club choice for 2018 just like the CF16 Apex were when they 1st came out. Just ordered me a custom set 4-PW with Recoil shafts. TM not only make great drivers they are also making great irons. Should be in around the end of June.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BkgeneralBkgeneral Members  337WRX Points: 74Posts: 337 Greens
    Joined:  #2893
    As much as I wanted to make these work for ME, it has not been a success. I did a full fitting so my specs were not an issue. For ME, on the course I found them to not get along with my style of play. I am fairly low spin player, so on course this has been an issue. But the biggest problem I have had is that I am player that rarely hits a 100% shot (especially with short irons), and I have really struggled to get along with the 790's on this type of shot (distance control being the main issue). I came from the Ping Ie1, and honestly I regret chasing the extra distance (which to be honest I could use as I am 98-100 with a driver). I think for the right type of player these clubs are great, I just unfortunately am not that type of player. Which is a bummer cause I really wanted these to work. If between clubs you prefer the shorter club and swing hard, I think these work great for you. If you go the other way, I think you may be disappointed.
    Posted:
  • eebombeebomb Members  577WRX Points: 115Posts: 577 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2894
    Bkgeneral wrote:
    <br />
    As much as I wanted to make these work for ME, it has not been a success. I did a full fitting so my specs were not an issue. For ME, on the course I found them to not get along with my style of play. I am fairly low spin player, so on course this has been an issue. But the biggest problem I have had is that I am player that rarely hits a 100% shot (especially with short irons), and I have really struggled to get along with the 790's on this type of shot (distance control being the main issue). I came from the Ping Ie1, and honestly I regret chasing the extra distance (which to be honest I could use as I am 98-100 with a driver). I think for the right type of player these clubs are great, I just unfortunately am not that type of player. Which is a bummer cause I really wanted these to work. If between clubs you prefer the shorter club and swing hard, I think these work great for you. If you go the other way, I think you may be disappointed.<br />
    so what was the issue? U couldn't elevate them when clubbing up and swinging slow?
    Posted:
  • BkgeneralBkgeneral Members  337WRX Points: 74Posts: 337 Greens
    Joined:  #2895
    eebomb wrote:
    <br />
    Bkgeneral wrote:
    <br />
    As much as I wanted to make these work for ME, it has not been a success. I did a full fitting so my specs were not an issue. For ME, on the course I found them to not get along with my style of play. I am fairly low spin player, so on course this has been an issue. But the biggest problem I have had is that I am player that rarely hits a 100% shot (especially with short irons), and I have really struggled to get along with the 790's on this type of shot (distance control being the main issue). I came from the Ping Ie1, and honestly I regret chasing the extra distance (which to be honest I could use as I am 98-100 with a driver). I think for the right type of player these clubs are great, I just unfortunately am not that type of player. Which is a bummer cause I really wanted these to work. If between clubs you prefer the shorter club and swing hard, I think these work great for you. If you go the other way, I think you may be disappointed.<br />
    so what was the issue? U couldn't elevate them when clubbing up and swinging slow?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    For me I found that taking off was made it difficult to control distance. I would make what I expected to be a swing to take 5 yards off, but would be sometimes 10 off and sometimes full expected difference. My current HCP is 3.5 so I am not a terrible ball striker. I thought that might be a problem with 7iron-4iron (due to slot) but it was an issue for me on the short irons as well. To repeat, I am no power hitter (98-100 with the driver), so distance control with mid irons is vital to my game. I just have been unable to get accustomed to the 790's. I got them when they first came out, but I am going back to more of a control iron (z765). For my game the loss of distance is a worthwhile sacrifice.
    Posted:
  • chisagchisag Chicago SuburbsMembers  3408WRX Points: 821Handicap: +1.3Posts: 3,408 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2896
    ... I said this earlier, but I had some distance control issues with my P790 short irons too. I was finessing shots like I always have with solid forged CB's and getting inconsistent distances. For me, hitting the ball aggressively with 3/4 swings gives me consistent distances. I think the thin face reacts differently to "softer" swings and of course we cannot swing the same way every time when dialing it down. I am similar to you with a 100-102 smooth driver swing. This solved the problem for me but of course your mmv.
    Posted:
    Cobra Xtreme 9* Tour Length ... Tensei Pro Orange 60s
    Cobra Speezone 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hybrid ... KBS 80Hys
    4-w Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage Tini 105's
    SM6 52* F Grind /SM8 M Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
    Newport 2.5 ... 33.5"
  • stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members  1696WRX Points: 105Handicap: 12Posts: 1,696 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2897
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    BirdieBob wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    First up let me say that I wanted to buy a set of TM 790 but they can't build me a set at less than D6 at +1" even with lightweight shafts and their lightest heads so that was a deal-breaker for me.<br />
    <br />
    I have tested them extensively on trackman with lots of different shaft options. If you remove all of the other variables (loft, shaft, swingweight, length) whereby the ONLY difference is the head, I didn't find them much longer than most other heads on the market for a properly struck shot.<br />
    <br />
    They are forgiving so mishits may well go further and they look and feel good to me. The strong lofts make the real difference vs conventional loft clubs, but it's pure semantics if you take a 7 rather than a 6 simply because the 7 has the same loft as the 6<br />
    <br />
    Not knocking them, it's a great product I would happily own, but getting fit into the right shaft has a far greater influence on performance than the extra "speed" you get off these irons vs competition with the same lofts.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I ordered some +1/2" and they came in at D0....had to pull the heads and add weight! DG 105 x100 shafts and they used lightweight heads.<br />
    If they had been +1" that would have been about D3.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's really interesting thanks. Did they have the etched dot in front of the serial number to denote light heads?<br />
    <br />
    My guy was coming up with D6 at +1" with Shimada Constant shafts that should swingweight about 1-2 pts LESS than the DG 105 X100<br />
    <br />
    Makes me wonder if he was just using the standard weight heads (apparently they had a green dot on them but no etched dot) even though he was told they were the lightest TM had<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Originally ordered mine at +1/2" with PX 6.5 (125g shafts) and they all came in right around D2. Added another 1/2" to them for a full inch over and they're all around D4.5<br />
    Standard heads, no dots or etching.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks - I have messaged TM to try to understand how I am being told one thing, yet there are so many members here that evidence +1" over with Modus 105 should get close to D3 with lighter heads<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    +1<br />
    <br />
    I'm +1" with DG105 and pretty sure mine are D4 - definitely give them a call. I couldn't not be happier with this set up.
    Posted:
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members  1758WRX Points: 139Posts: 1,758 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2898
    <br />
    <br />
    +1<br />
    <br />
    I'm +1" with DG105 and pretty sure mine are D4 - definitely give them a call. I couldn't not be happier with this set up.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks. Well I messaged them yesterday morning as I thought that way they could make sure the message was passed to someone who would know definitively rather than getting immediate feedback from someone in Customer Services that didn't have detailed information. It would also give me a written reference point if I placed an order and it came back at D6. No response to date...…..
    Posted:
  • KmacKmac Members  852WRX Points: 179Posts: 852 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2899
    While I still think these are great irons I've decided move on after spending way too much putting some $ taper shafts in them. Typical for me and my equipment I guess. I just find that I am more consistent with the X Forged so I'm listing my 790's and their $ tapers on the bay.
    Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers  8165WRX Points: 1,386Handicap: +1.5 (1194646)Posts: 8,165 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2900
    Kmac wrote:
    <br />
    While I still think these are great irons I've decided move on after spending way too much putting some $ taper shafts in them. Typical for me and my equipment I guess. I just find that I am more consistent with the X Forged so I'm listing my 790's and their $ tapers on the bay.<br />
    say it ain't so??? you're ditching the $ tapers???
    Posted:

    Tour M3 460 / 10.1* (set -2*) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"
    SC Futura X Broomstick Putter experiment

  • mason82mason82 Members  868WRX Points: 90Handicap: 8.8Posts: 868 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2901
    Kmac wrote:
    <br />
    While I still think these are great irons I've decided move on after spending way too much putting some $ taper shafts in them. Typical for me and my equipment I guess. I just find that I am more consistent with the X Forged so I'm listing my 790's and their $ tapers on the bay.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I will be selling mine as well. Too inconsistent on the distances, and I have given them plenty of chances. Now just need to decide if I sell them as is with the Obans.
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9*, Rogue White 70
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 15*, Rogue White 70
    Callaway Epic Flash 21*, HZDRUS Smoke
    Callaway X Forged 2018 Pro Modus 120
    Ping glide 2.0 Stealth, 50*, KBS 130x
    Ping glide 2.0 Stealth, 56*, KBS 130x
    Ping glide 2.0 Stealth, 60*, KBS 130x
    Odyssey Toulon Portland
  • eebombeebomb Members  577WRX Points: 115Posts: 577 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2902
    Anyone order these with recoil 95 shorter shaft length? Website says graphite 7 iron is 37", but one I plug in .25 short in my custom order it shows up as 37“ not 36.75
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • KmacKmac Members  852WRX Points: 179Posts: 852 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2903
    gioguy21 wrote:
    <br />
    Kmac wrote:
    <br />
    While I still think these are great irons I've decided move on after spending way too much putting some $ taper shafts in them. Typical for me and my equipment I guess. I just find that I am more consistent with the X Forged so I'm listing my 790's and their $ tapers on the bay.<br />
    say it ain't so??? you're ditching the $ tapers???<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I hit the X forged so much better.
    Posted:
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members  2575WRX Points: 299Posts: 2,575 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2904
    Kmac wrote:
    <br />
    gioguy21 wrote:
    <br />
    Kmac wrote:
    <br />
    While I still think these are great irons I've decided move on after spending way too much putting some $ taper shafts in them. Typical for me and my equipment I guess. I just find that I am more consistent with the X Forged so I'm listing my 790's and their $ tapers on the bay.<br />
    say it ain't so??? you're ditching the $ tapers???<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I hit the X forged so much better.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    what shaft is in xf?
    Posted:
  • KmacKmac Members  852WRX Points: 179Posts: 852 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2905
    larciel wrote:
    <br />
    Kmac wrote:
    <br />
    gioguy21 wrote:
    <br />
    Kmac wrote:
    <br />
    While I still think these are great irons I've decided move on after spending way too much putting some $ taper shafts in them. Typical for me and my equipment I guess. I just find that I am more consistent with the X Forged so I'm listing my 790's and their $ tapers on the bay.<br />
    say it ain't so??? you're ditching the $ tapers???<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I hit the X forged so much better.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    what shaft is in xf?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    PX LZ’s and they feel great
    Posted:
  • PT1911PT1911 Members  1171WRX Points: 150Posts: 1,171 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2906
    I'm loving these clubs. I just reshafted them with Accra Tour 100i's and now I REALLY like them!<br />
    <br />
    I had the Modus 120's in them and they felt not so great.... I had no distance issues at all with that shaft, but they just felt harsh. I reshafted them with the Accra's and now they feel smooth as butter and still no distance issues. Loving them.
    Posted:
    PXG Proto X+ Ventus Black 7X
    PXG 0341X 3W Ventus Red 8X
    PXG 0341X 5W Tensei White TX80
    PXG Gen 3 T’s 4-PW Elevate Tour X100
    Vokey SM8 F50*, S54*, D58*
    PXG Closer Gen 2
  • dlarocca1dlarocca1 Members  127WRX Points: 19Handicap: 10Posts: 127 Fairways
    Joined:  #2907
    Anyone have them with the Oban CT115 shafts in them? I was fitted for that combo and absolutely loved the feel but **** $75 per shaft seemed high.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • PT1911PT1911 Members  1171WRX Points: 150Posts: 1,171 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2908
    A few posts up .....#2916, mason82 has them with the CT115x and looks like he possibly wants to sell them?
    Posted:
    PXG Proto X+ Ventus Black 7X
    PXG 0341X 3W Ventus Red 8X
    PXG 0341X 5W Tensei White TX80
    PXG Gen 3 T’s 4-PW Elevate Tour X100
    Vokey SM8 F50*, S54*, D58*
    PXG Closer Gen 2
  • mason82mason82 Members  868WRX Points: 90Handicap: 8.8Posts: 868 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #2909
    dlarocca1 wrote:
    <br />
    Anyone have them with the Oban CT115 shafts in them? I was fitted for that combo and absolutely loved the feel but **** $75 per shaft seemed high.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's exactly what I was fitted for, and have. They are sweet shafts for sure. I'm selling these irons, just deciding if I will pull the shafts because I like them so much and paid $75 a piece. <br />
    <br />
    If you are interested, shoot me a DM.
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9*, Rogue White 70
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 15*, Rogue White 70
    Callaway Epic Flash 21*, HZDRUS Smoke
    Callaway X Forged 2018 Pro Modus 120
    Ping glide 2.0 Stealth, 50*, KBS 130x
    Ping glide 2.0 Stealth, 56*, KBS 130x
    Ping glide 2.0 Stealth, 60*, KBS 130x
    Odyssey Toulon Portland
  • dlarocca1dlarocca1 Members  127WRX Points: 19Handicap: 10Posts: 127 Fairways
    Joined:  #2910
    mason82 wrote:
    dlarocca1 wrote:
    <br />
    Anyone have them with the Oban CT115 shafts in them? I was fitted for that combo and absolutely loved the feel but **** $75 per shaft seemed high.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's exactly what I was fitted for, and have. They are sweet shafts for sure. I'm selling these irons, just deciding if I will pull the shafts because I like them so much and paid $75 a piece. <br />
    <br />
    If you are interested, shoot me a DM.
    <br />
    <br />
    I’m still on the fence at the moment but was just trying to see if someone could give me their thoughts on the shafts. Worth the added cost?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • want2bprowant2bpro Members  99WRX Points: 21Posts: 99 Fairways
    Joined:  #2911
    dlarocca1 wrote:
    <br />
    mason82 wrote:
    dlarocca1 wrote:
    <br />
    Anyone have them with the Oban CT115 shafts in them? I was fitted for that combo and absolutely loved the feel but **** $75 per shaft seemed high.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's exactly what I was fitted for, and have. They are sweet shafts for sure. I'm selling these irons, just deciding if I will pull the shafts because I like them so much and paid $75 a piece. <br />
    <br />
    If you are interested, shoot me a DM.
    that is steep<br />
    <br />
    I’m still on the fence at the moment but was just trying to see if someone could give me their thoughts on the shafts. Worth the added cost?<br />
    Posted:
122

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.