2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

(NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS) Nike Footwear 2019 (NO POLITICS)

> @draino3112 said:

> > @Lesmond said:

> > > @Rfern12 said:

> > > Few new drops on ndc including these.

> > >

> > > https://www.nike.com/t/air-zoom-victory-tour-on-off-course-mens-golf-shoe-ktzLjd

> > >

> >

> > Eh, I’ll keep buying the spiked ones.

> >

> > Edit; they are zoom, not even react. An even easier pass now.

>

> Right? I know the full-length zoom is nice but the spiked version has zoom AND react. This new version is the same price for less of a shoe.

Exactly. I feel it should be $150 or less. Just the same upper but without the sole and spikes, the price should be a little cheaper.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

looks like the red\white Roshe Tour is up, and also finally the White Victory Tour in "wide". It was the shoe I was eyeing from the catalogue, but just not sure about plunking down that price when I like the Roshe Tour so much.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @Augster said:

> > @Nowlin said:

> > Does anyone know what the significance of the 71 is? I never understood why they were called the TW71.

> > Unfortunately, I have decided to pass on the fastfits after reading the reviews about the toe box still being very narrow. I hope they come out with TW19 later this year and offer wide sizes or a size 15. I was able to find a size 15 in the black TW15’s, but had to settle for a 14 wide in the white TW17’s which honestly didn’t feel any wider than the standard 14 because of the toe box.

> > I would love to see them retro some of the TW models or offer them on Nikeid again.

>

> From what I recall the TW17s came out with those horrible velcro flaps. They ended up being too ugly for even TW, so he had them remove them. It was the same year, and the same shoe (just without flaps) so they called it the TW71.

>

>

The one thing I don't like about the fast fit 71s is they have the same look as velcro straps. I'm trying to convince myself they look different in real world pics.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

> @draino3112 said:

> > @Lesmond said:

> > > @Rfern12 said:

> > > Few new drops on ndc including these.

> > >

> > > https://www.nike.com/t/air-zoom-victory-tour-on-off-course-mens-golf-shoe-ktzLjd

> > >

> >

> > Eh, I’ll keep buying the spiked ones.

> >

> > Edit; they are zoom, not even react. An even easier pass now.

>

> Right? I know the full-length zoom is nice but the spiked version has zoom AND react. This new version is the same price for less of a shoe.

i'm definitely interested in these because they look really sleek and i prefer spikeless over spikes, but at 180? lol gtfo. i'll wait until i can get them for like 80 bucks on clearance or ebay or something.

Tried on several shoes yesterday at PGASS. was hoping that the TW71 Would be there but nope. The Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 BOA, New FJ Fury and Nike Vapor React 2 were the 3 most comfy shoes. Looks aside, all were super comfy for walking. How do the new TW71 feel compared to the vapor react?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

My question is: Does Tiger ever actually wear the Fast Fit TW71 in tournament play? Or are we on our way to another TW17 where it was his signature shoe and he never actually wore it - then it was in clearance bins everywhere within a couple months.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

> @cvhookem63 said:

> My question is: Does Tiger ever actually wear the Fast Fit TW71 in tournament play? Or are we on our way to another TW17 where it was his signature shoe and he never actually wore it - then it was in clearance bins everywhere within a couple months.

If I had to venture a guess I would say he won’t put these in play

> @GolfBum82 said:

> > @cvhookem63 said:

> > My question is: Does Tiger ever actually wear the Fast Fit TW71 in tournament play? Or are we on our way to another TW17 where it was his signature shoe and he never actually wore it - then it was in clearance bins everywhere within a couple months.

>

> If I had to venture a guess I would say he won’t put these in play

>

That is what I am leaning towards as well. I remember a similar hype for the TW 17 that died down pretty quickly. I don't like the look of the Fast Fits - I prefer the original TW71, so I will keep wearing those that I got for ~$80 when TW was hurt.

• Like 1

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

I believe that a TW19 is still on the way and probably at the $200 price point. The TW71 FastFit was something Nike felt comfortable bringing to market around the Masters having no idea that he would win it. I think they are really missing an opportunity right now by not having high quality TW shoes and apparel on the market.

• Like 1

> @Augster said:

> > @Nowlin said:

> > Does anyone know what the significance of the 71 is? I never understood why they were called the TW71.

> > Unfortunately, I have decided to pass on the fastfits after reading the reviews about the toe box still being very narrow. I hope they come out with TW19 later this year and offer wide sizes or a size 15. I was able to find a size 15 in the black TW15’s, but had to settle for a 14 wide in the white TW17’s which honestly didn’t feel any wider than the standard 14 because of the toe box.

> > I would love to see them retro some of the TW models or offer them on Nikeid again.

>

> From what I recall the TW17s came out with those horrible velcro flaps. They ended up being too ugly for even TW, so he had them remove them. It was the same year, and the same shoe (just without flaps) so they called it the TW71.

>

>

I love the 17s with the straps, they’re one of my favorite shoes. I have both gray color ways. To each their own.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9* (Ventus TR Red 6X)

Ping G430 Max 3W (Ventus Blue 7X)

TM Qi10 5W (KBS TD70X)

TM P770 4-5i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MC 6-8i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MB 9i-PW (KBS Tour X)

TM MG4 Copper 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

Spider Tour X Single Bend (BGT Stability)

> @rjp217 said:

> > @Augster said:

> > > @Nowlin said:

> > > Does anyone know what the significance of the 71 is? I never understood why they were called the TW71.

> > > Unfortunately, I have decided to pass on the fastfits after reading the reviews about the toe box still being very narrow. I hope they come out with TW19 later this year and offer wide sizes or a size 15. I was able to find a size 15 in the black TW15’s, but had to settle for a 14 wide in the white TW17’s which honestly didn’t feel any wider than the standard 14 because of the toe box.

> > > I would love to see them retro some of the TW models or offer them on Nikeid again.

> >

> > From what I recall the TW17s came out with those horrible velcro flaps. They ended up being too ugly for even TW, so he had them remove them. It was the same year, and the same shoe (just without flaps) so they called it the TW71.

> >

> >

>

> I love the 17s with the straps, they’re one of my favorite shoes. I have both gray color ways. To each their own.

I agree. Outside of them being a bit snug, they’re incredibly stable shoes and really don’t look all that bad

> @Nowlin said:

> I believe that a TW19 is still on the way and probably at the $200 price point. The TW71 FastFit was something Nike felt comfortable bringing to market around the Masters having no idea that he would win it. I think they are really missing an opportunity right now by not having high quality TW shoes and apparel on the market.

the TW19 was supposed to be a May 1st release but i believe that has been pushed due to a small "revamp". My guess is the goofy a** velcro looking straps all over the top of the shoes is being scrapped and we'll get something with fast fit or standard laces.

the black TW 71s are pretty much all under 80 bucks on ebay, i'd just get those if you want a TW shoe.

> @cvhookem63 said:

> My question is: Does Tiger ever actually wear the Fast Fit TW71 in tournament play? Or are we on our way to another TW17 where it was his signature shoe and he never actually wore it - then it was in clearance bins everywhere within a couple months.

I remember Tiger wore TW 17 at the 2016 Hero Challenge and that was it I think. The same story goes to TW 15. He wore it only a few times and completely ditched it. Went back to TW 08 or something that year. Of course, it didn't help with sales. Personally, I really like the TW 17. IMO, looks awesome and very stable. Very underrated TW shoes.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Driver
Nike Covert 2.0 Performance 3/5
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2 Iron
Nike Vapor Pro 4-P
Taylormade ATV Grind 56°/60°
Nike Origin B1-01 putter
Nike Hyperadapt bag

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> The react 2 vapor is like walking on a pillow

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> @Therealpatgiles said:

They were no doubt. The Ecco having the BOA Was awfully nice but comes at a hefty price tag over the react vapors. The tech is there in those fast fit 71 but is the comfort? The FUry which I think look pretty awful but appear to look pretty good on with shorts based off the vids Scott Stallings has been sending out. They may be the most comfy shoe i have tried on but just ok in looks.

> @Chief275 said:

> I hate to burst anyone’s bubbles but the TW71 FastFit IS the TW19 model that was redone. I doubt there is another TW shoe release this calendar year. If I’m wrong I’m sure some of the more connected posters will let me know but as I’ve been following it, what we see now is what we’re going to get.

Same thing I was told, they supposed to call the TW71 FastFit the TW19 but they change it the last minute for some reason when Tiger won the Masters.

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

> @rjp217 said:

> > @Augster said:

> > > @Nowlin said:

> > > Does anyone know what the significance of the 71 is? I never understood why they were called the TW71.

> > > Unfortunately, I have decided to pass on the fastfits after reading the reviews about the toe box still being very narrow. I hope they come out with TW19 later this year and offer wide sizes or a size 15. I was able to find a size 15 in the black TW15’s, but had to settle for a 14 wide in the white TW17’s which honestly didn’t feel any wider than the standard 14 because of the toe box.

> > > I would love to see them retro some of the TW models or offer them on Nikeid again.

> >

> > From what I recall the TW17s came out with those horrible velcro flaps. They ended up being too ugly for even TW, so he had them remove them. It was the same year, and the same shoe (just without flaps) so they called it the TW71.

> >

> >

>

> I love the 17s with the straps, they’re one of my favorite shoes. I have both gray color ways. To each their own.

The TW17's, TW71's, Tour Premiere's and Fast Fit 71's are all basically %90 the same shoe.

> @Minarets said:

> > @Therealpatgiles said:

> > The react 2 vapor is like walking on a pillow

>

>

>

>

>

>

> They were no doubt. The Ecco having the BOA Was awfully nice but comes at a hefty price tag over the react vapors. The tech is there in those fast fit 71 but is the comfort? The FUry which I think look pretty awful but appear to look pretty good on with shorts based off the vids Scott Stallings has been sending out. They may be the most comfy shoe i have tried on but just ok in looks.

Having worn both the React 2 Vapor and now the TW71's fast fit's I can say they are both super comfortable and very little separates them in that category.

> @viperstudio said:

> > @Chief275 said:

> > I hate to burst anyone’s bubbles but the TW71 FastFit IS the TW19 model that was redone. I doubt there is another TW shoe release this calendar year. If I’m wrong I’m sure some of the more connected posters will let me know but as I’ve been following it, what we see now is what we’re going to get.

> Same thing I was told, they supposed to call the TW71 FastFit the TW19 but they change it the last minute for some reason when Tiger won the Masters.

Pretty sure the switch off the TW19 name is when Tiger didn't wear the shoe (and doesn't have plans to wear the shoe). The guy is not going to change a thing with his back being the #1 concern. Footwear is a huge part of that. Don't fix what's not broken right now. Wouldn't be shocked if he wears the TW17's for the next 2,3,4 years.

Just weird to me to put a Tiger shoe for $160 retail. Glad they did of course but off when the Tp is $200 and vapor react is $175

> @Chief275 said:

> I hate to burst anyone’s bubbles but the TW71 FastFit IS the TW19 model that was redone. I doubt there is another TW shoe release this calendar year. If I’m wrong I’m sure some of the more connected posters will let me know but as I’ve been following it, what we see now is what we’re going to get.

They were for sale on some sites listed as the TW19 for $200. Then Nike did a quick about face, within hours actually, and it got called TW71 fast fit.

Too bad really.

So it would seem to me, that Nike had the wrong product (rather believable considering how far Nike golf has fallen the last few years: ie the Masters debacle) being released under the TW 19 name rather than suddenly changing the name and dropping the price.

Leads me to believe there is or was a legitimate TW19.

• Like 1

Pretty clear, at least to me. They had planned to call it the TW19...Tiger wins and they know the shoe isn't up to snuff, but don't want to bail on it. Call it the TW71 and start or finish work on a primo TW shoe that will be $200+ and called whatever the original planned name of this years' TW shoe is/was. No way in Hell is Nike going to miss capitalizing on the biggest sports story of 2019 with their biggest name. Just no way.

just got this email.

ewiav1ghpd7g.jpg

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

TW71 FF and some other new shoes I got. The cancellation of the "snake pack" really sucks, running out of new shoes to wear!!!

sVDI51t.jpg

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Did you color the TW logo on the toe? Thought it was black.