GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Tiger with a new putter at Portrush

 No Gimmes ·  
No GimmesNo Gimmes Members  42WRX Points: 38Posts: 42 Bunkers
Joined:  in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

Going with adjustable weights.

Posted:
«13
3

Comments

  • No GimmesNo Gimmes Members  42WRX Points: 38Posts: 42 Bunkers
    Joined:  #2


    From “Live at the Open”

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members  11110WRX Points: 881Posts: 11,110 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3

    Did he have Scotty put those weights in his old faithful or is it a new putter?

    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 TX/CAMembers  1719WRX Points: 303Posts: 1,719 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #4

    Guessing it’s a copy of his in the mold of the new ones we’ve seen on tour
    He’s always wanted a heavier putter for these slower greens

    Posted:
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32378WRX Points: 1,881Posts: 32,378 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #5

    I’m really surprised he is making the switch. Let’s see if it’s in the bag come Thursday.

    Posted:
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members  4900WRX Points: 539Posts: 4,900 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6

    On -, @Holy Moses said:

    Did he have Scotty put those weights in his old faithful or is it a new putter?

    Looks like one of the new tour NP2’s.

    Posted:
  • MuniPukeLifeMuniPukeLife MuniPuke Members  221WRX Points: 85Handicap: 6Posts: 221 Fairways
    Joined:  #7

    Makes sense as his trusty NP2 is super light by today's putter standards.

    Posted:
    M5 9.0 open to 8.5 AD-DI 7X
    M5 Rocket 3 14.0 open to 13.0 AD-DI 7S
    P790 UDI 2 (PX HZRDUS Smoke 6.0), 3 (S300) 
    716 AP2 4-PW S300 AMT
    MG2 52.09 S200, MG2 58.11 S200
    Dual Force Rossie II
    Bridgestone BXS or Vice Pro
    Kirkland Signature Glove
    Jones Utility Stand Bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members  1611WRX Points: 213Posts: 1,611 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 16, 2019 #8

    Wow. Those are newer weights but I don’t think that’s a new putter. Wonder if it’s the OG or a copy. It’s gotta be a copy.

    Posted:
    In the Hoofer

    TaylorMade M5 10.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70-S  
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-95 S  
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW KBS Tour $-Taper 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.08M, 58.08M KBS Tour 120 S
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist ProV1X
  • No GimmesNo Gimmes Members  42WRX Points: 38Posts: 42 Bunkers
    Joined:  #9

    On -, @MuniPukeLife said:

    Makes sense as his trusty NP2 is super light by today's putter standards.

    I pulled out my 98 Newport the other day and was surprised at how light it is.

    Posted:
  • tmac7592tmac7592 Members  2621WRX Points: 352Posts: 2,621 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @MakersMarsh3 said:

    Guessing it’s a copy of his in the mold of the new ones we’ve seen on tour
    He’s always wanted a heavier putter for these slower greens

    this is it, he used to mess with lead tape but I bet he wants to toy with weight changes a touch more deepening on speed and given he isn't playing as much as he used to. its definitely same design as his OG scotty so I don't see this as a big deal

    Posted:
    TS4 D+ 60 LTD TX
    M2 HL DF BB 93
    Vapor Fly pro 4 HZRDUS Black 105
    Cobra MB raw Modus 120 TX
    SM7 52,58,62 Black Onyx TTDG
    Strokes Gained RM5 Stability Tour
  • Swopes30Swopes30 Swopes30 Members  14WRX Points: 52Handicap: 9.0Posts: 14 Bunkers
    Joined:  #11
    Posted:
  • nickiliinickilii MinnesotaMembers  139WRX Points: 50Handicap: 10.3Posts: 139 Fairways
    Joined:  #12

    wish there was some better pics

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members  3760WRX Points: 302Posts: 3,760 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #13

    I really want to see more of that putter.

    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    X Forged Utility 22* $-Taper
    Apex Pro 5-P - $-Taper
    MD4 Raw 52s - $-Taper
    MD5 Jaws Raw 56s, 60x - $-Taper
    Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120


  • No GimmesNo Gimmes Members  42WRX Points: 38Posts: 42 Bunkers
    Joined:  #14

    Looks like he took both putters out in the practice round.
    Nice pic here from Getty Images
    https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/tiger-woods-of-the-united-states-looks-on-from-the-2nd-news-photo/1162107477

    Posted:
  • hwwonghwwong Members  977WRX Points: 158Handicap: 4Posts: 977 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #15

    Aren't these from the same day? With the canary mock neck?

    Posted:

    Taylormade M3 10.5 - Diamana DF 70 TX
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 - Diamana Tensei White Pro 70 TX
    Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 TX
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 4-PW - C-Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50,55,60 - C-Taper 125 S+
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Pro V1X

  • nickiliinickilii MinnesotaMembers  139WRX Points: 50Handicap: 10.3Posts: 139 Fairways
    Joined:  #16

    certainly looks that way

    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32378WRX Points: 1,881Posts: 32,378 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #17

    Yes, this was from today’s practice round.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ancasebeerancasebeer NebraskaMembers  295WRX Points: 63Handicap: 7Posts: 295 Greens
    Joined:  #18

    From the GolfWRX Instagram

    Posted:
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers  1505WRX Points: 305Handicap: 6Posts: 1,505 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 16, 2019 #19

    Wow it has vertical stamping just like his other one.... interesting. Nice.

    Posted:

    COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 


  • TurboFadeTurboFade CaliforniaMembers  69WRX Points: 56Handicap: 11Posts: 69 Bunkers
    Joined:  #20

    Great looking putter.

    Posted:
    WITB

    Taylormade M1 (2017) 9.5*
    Taylormade M2 3 wood (2017) 15*
    Taylormade M2 Rescue (2017) 19*
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW (2014)
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 56/10 S
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 60/08 C
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 34"
    CRAFT BEER
  • HedgehogHedgehog EUMembers  543WRX Points: 228Handicap: 5Posts: 543 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #21

    That topline and the alignment aid and all the smooth lines, gorgeous !

    Posted:
    Taylormade SIM MAX 10,5° HZRDUS Green 70 6.0 / Taylormade M6 15° Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Cleveland RTX4 52/56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33,5"Stability Shaft / Titleist ProV1
  • kiwiikiwii Members  828WRX Points: 149Posts: 828 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #22

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    Posted:
    '17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
    XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
    Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
    716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
    '14 TM TP 52/56/60
    2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
    Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
    Tour Boost 360
    TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers  1505WRX Points: 305Handicap: 6Posts: 1,505 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 16, 2019 #23

    On -, @kiwii said:

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    I don't think it's confirmed what weight the weights are. The putter on the GolfWRX home page is a similar putter. Tigers has vertical stamping and i don't think anybody knows for certain what grammage the weights are in his (yet).

    Posted:

    COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 


  • HedgehogHedgehog EUMembers  543WRX Points: 228Handicap: 5Posts: 543 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @kiwii said:

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    I don't think it's confirmed what weight the weights are. The putter on the GolfWRX home page is a similar putter. Tigers has vertical stamping and i don't think anybody knows for certain what grammage the weights are in his (yet).

    Weights are 25gr a pop, like it's written on to them (carved actually)..

    Posted:
    Taylormade SIM MAX 10,5° HZRDUS Green 70 6.0 / Taylormade M6 15° Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Cleveland RTX4 52/56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33,5"Stability Shaft / Titleist ProV1
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers  1505WRX Points: 305Handicap: 6Posts: 1,505 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 16, 2019 #25

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @kiwii said:

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    I don't think it's confirmed what weight the weights are. The putter on the GolfWRX home page is a similar putter. Tigers has vertical stamping and i don't think anybody knows for certain what grammage the weights are in his (yet).

    Weights are 25gr a pop, like it's written on to them (carved actually)..

    Surely you don't think only 25g are available? He could have 5g, 10g, you never know even 50g. Until we see a clear picture of his putter we won't know.

    Posted:

    COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 


  • HedgehogHedgehog EUMembers  543WRX Points: 228Handicap: 5Posts: 543 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #26

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @kiwii said:

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    I don't think it's confirmed what weight the weights are. The putter on the GolfWRX home page is a similar putter. Tigers has vertical stamping and i don't think anybody knows for certain what grammage the weights are in his (yet).

    Weights are 25gr a pop, like it's written on to them (carved actually)..

    Surely you don't think only 25g are available? He could have 5g, 10g, you never know even 50g. Until we see a clear picture of his putter we won't know.

    Look at Post #18 dude.. Is that sharp enough for you?

    Posted:
    Taylormade SIM MAX 10,5° HZRDUS Green 70 6.0 / Taylormade M6 15° Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Cleveland RTX4 52/56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33,5"Stability Shaft / Titleist ProV1
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers  1505WRX Points: 305Handicap: 6Posts: 1,505 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @kiwii said:

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    I don't think it's confirmed what weight the weights are. The putter on the GolfWRX home page is a similar putter. Tigers has vertical stamping and i don't think anybody knows for certain what grammage the weights are in his (yet).

    Weights are 25gr a pop, like it's written on to them (carved actually)..

    Surely you don't think only 25g are available? He could have 5g, 10g, you never know even 50g. Until we see a clear picture of his putter we won't know.

    Look at Post #18 dude.. Is that sharp enough for you?

    As I said earlier, that isn't Tigers putter, buddy.

    Posted:

    COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 


  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • HedgehogHedgehog EUMembers  543WRX Points: 228Handicap: 5Posts: 543 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @kiwii said:

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    I don't think it's confirmed what weight the weights are. The putter on the GolfWRX home page is a similar putter. Tigers has vertical stamping and i don't think anybody knows for certain what grammage the weights are in his (yet).

    Weights are 25gr a pop, like it's written on to them (carved actually)..

    Surely you don't think only 25g are available? He could have 5g, 10g, you never know even 50g. Until we see a clear picture of his putter we won't know.

    Look at Post #18 dude.. Is that sharp enough for you?

    As I said earlier, that isn't Tigers putter, buddy.

    Ok, was under the impression he is using a one just like that as the post described. IMO this new design is so good looking with the smoother lines, at least in the pictures. Also should be pretty much more forgiving.

    Posted:
    Taylormade SIM MAX 10,5° HZRDUS Green 70 6.0 / Taylormade M6 15° Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Cleveland RTX4 52/56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33,5"Stability Shaft / Titleist ProV1
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers  1505WRX Points: 305Handicap: 6Posts: 1,505 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 16, 2019 #29

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    On -, @M4TT said:

    On -, @kiwii said:

    25g weights? Guess he was looking for a heavier putter. Wonder if other players are trying to add weight to theirs too

    I don't think it's confirmed what weight the weights are. The putter on the GolfWRX home page is a similar putter. Tigers has vertical stamping and i don't think anybody knows for certain what grammage the weights are in his (yet).

    Weights are 25gr a pop, like it's written on to them (carved actually)..

    Surely you don't think only 25g are available? He could have 5g, 10g, you never know even 50g. Until we see a clear picture of his putter we won't know.

    Look at Post #18 dude.. Is that sharp enough for you?

    As I said earlier, that isn't Tigers putter, buddy.

    Ok, was under the impression he is using a one just like that as the post described. IMO this new design is so good looking with the smoother lines, at least in the pictures. Also should be pretty much more forgiving.

    He is using one just like it. Just not that one. Tigers has vertical stamping, just like his original GSS.

    Posted:

    COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 


  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,202Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #30

    Slower greens, makes sense if he's OK with the feel.
    Any pics of the driving iron I saw him using?

    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TheInfidelTheInfidel Gotta let the Big Dog eat.... Members  1645WRX Points: 274Posts: 1,645 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #31

    Portrush will be running at 10/11, maybe less. Could be a heavier putter for the week since the greens are slower. Quite a change up.

    It sure doesn't hurt Scottys bottom line when it comes to churning out their mass production stuff to see Tiger generate some buzz on a new custom offering.

    Posted:

    • Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
    • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
    • Adams Idea A7 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
    • Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
    • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
    • Mizuno S18 50* Nippon NS PRO 1150GH Tour X +0.5'
    • Nike Engage Raw 54* S400 +0.5'
    • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* S400 +0.5'
    • Odyssey Dual Force 990 


3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.