What crucial putting distances determine score

tiger1873

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > >

> > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > >

> > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > >

> > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > >

> > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > >

> > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> >

> > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> >

> > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

>

> 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

>

>

> I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

>

>

**Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > >

> > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > >

> > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > >

> > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > >

> > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > >

> > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > >

> > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> >

> > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> >

> >

> > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> >

> >

>

> **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

>

> GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > >

> > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > >

> > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > >

> > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > >

> > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > >

> > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > >

> > >

> > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> >

> > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

>

> The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > >

> > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > >

> > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > >

> > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > >

> > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> >

> > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

>

> Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > >

> > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > >

> > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > >

> > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> >

> > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

>

> Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > >

> > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > >

> > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > >

> > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> >

> > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

>

> Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

>

> And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

> @Red4282 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > >

> > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > >

> > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > >

> > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> >

> > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> >

> > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

>

> Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the fuss ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > >

> > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > >

> > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > >

> > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> >

> > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

>

> Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the fuss ?

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > >

> > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > >

> > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > >

> > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> >

> > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

>

> Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the

When i said go watch him it was your proof that im not saying bs. So no we dont agree if your going to stick to that statement

> @Red4282 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > > >

> > > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > > >

> > > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> > >

> > > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

> >

> > Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the fuss ?

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > > >

> > > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > > >

> > > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> > >

> > > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

> >

> > Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the

>

> When i said go watch him it was your proof that im not saying bs. So no we dont agree if your going to stick to that statement

At this point I have zero idea what you’re crowing about. I don’t know Matt at TXG. And really don’t have any desire to watch him hit wedges.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > > > >

> > > > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> > > >

> > > > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

> > >

> > > Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the fuss ?

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > > > >

> > > > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> > > >

> > > > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

> > >

> > > Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the

> >

> > When i said go watch him it was your proof that im not saying bs. So no we dont agree if your going to stick to that statement

>

> At this point I have zero idea what you’re crowing about. I don’t know Matt at TXG. And really don’t have any desire to watch him hit wedges.

Txg is a youtube channel, good stuff, eapecially if you are an equipment junkie. Dude will stripe 120 yard shots all day long. Hes not even a “pro”. What im crowing about is how i disagree with what you said, you refuted, and here ya go:

if you dont want to watch, here is a screenshot of typical shots hit.

g24lqum5rybr.jpeg

xc18sp4hxvpn.jpeg

Look at the offline numbers for the full sw shot. Short sample size but i can promise you this is pretty typical. Distance control at this distance 100-125 is MUCH more important to getting closer than side to side dispersion like you implied.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @SNIPERBBB said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I was thinking more along the lines of inside 100 yards. On tour you have to be 174th to average 20 feet or worse.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Disagree, the 100-125 yards is about distance control as well, at least for pros or high level amateurs.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I think that’s a captain obvious statement.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

> > > >

> > > > Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the fuss ?

> > >

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Distance control is very important from 170-200 as well. In fact maybe more important.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I didn’t say that it wasnt important ..... it’s all relative.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > What I said and what I meant was that proximity is going to be different for any good player from inside 100 vs 100-125. You’re looking to drop mail down the chimney with a lob wedge from 90 yards. A little less so with a gap wedge from 125.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You said ginormous difference proceeded by distance control vs side to side argument..

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Either way from 80-125 its all about distance control period. If a full lob goes 90 and a full sw goes 110, and u have a 100 yard shot, thats 10 yards or 30 feet off a full shot. You arent missing a 100 yard shot left or right by 10 yards, at least not the pros. To get it as close as possible its about having the right distance control. Somewhere about 180+ is when side to side disperson takes over as being more important. Usually 12 yard gaps with those clubs, so an in between shot is 6 yards off full. Very easy to hit 6 iron 6 yards offline, even for the best

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > 10 yards side to side ? Lol. Good lord man. In what world is that what I said ?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I’m talking about trying to hole lob wedges and you’re talking about missing greens from 120 with a gap wedge. There’s a lot of middle ground in between those two.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > **Yep. Ginormous difference between inside 100 and 125. A lob wedge just isn’t going to stray that far offline. It’s all about distance control from 95 down. Not side to side at all. **

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > GINORMOUS difference in a full lob, being distance control the most important, and a full gap was suddenly different cause side to side dispersion being an issue...is what i took, if i misunderstood, my apologies, i just dont think there any difference in the two as distance contol is number 1 with both... BECAUSE pros arent missing left or right by 10 yards.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The difference being the expectation of proximity between the two. I said it’s all relative. In this instance 4 feet is ginormous.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ok so your argument For the under 100 is it gets you into that 5-15 ft scoring range being talked about? I can see that, and agree, but its not because of side to side dispersion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit- its not because of the side to side dispersion on a 125 yard shot that leaves you outside 15 feet. Its a distance control issue as well was what i was saying.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ok. I don’t see your point. And don’t really agree. The longer the club and less loft , the more ( relatively ) that side to side dispersion grows. Distance control is one piece. But all greens aren’t front to back or back to front slopes. Some greens pin high no matter what is best. Some greens you don’t ever want to be pin high. You’re basically saying that nobody of any quality , misses side to side with a wedge more than 15 feet. I call BS on that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And I truly don’t know what we’re ( you) trying to prove here ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Then call bs. Go watch matt over at txg hit full sandwedges. And yes the less loft the club has the greater side to side dispersion happens, which is what i said for most pros this dispersion overtakes distance dispersion at about 180 ish yards

> > > >

> > > > Lol. Ok. So we agree ? Then why all the

> > >

> > > When i said go watch him it was your proof that im not saying bs. So no we dont agree if your going to stick to that statement

> >

> > At this point I have zero idea what you’re crowing about. I don’t know Matt at TXG. And really don’t have any desire to watch him hit wedges.

>

> Txg is a youtube channel, good stuff, eapecially if you are an equipment junkie. Dude will stripe 120 yard shots all day long. Hes not even a “pro”. What im crowing about is how i disagree with what you said, you refuted, and here ya go:

>

>

>

> if you dont want to watch, here is a screenshot of typical shots hit.

> g24lqum5rybr.jpeg

> xc18sp4hxvpn.jpeg

>

> Look at the offline numbers for the full sw shot. Short sample size but i can promise you this is pretty typical. Distance control at this distance 100-125 is MUCH more important to getting closer than side to side dispersion like you implied.

>

Nowhere have I said that distance control took a backseat to anything.

I’ve also not implied that 100-125 side to side is much more important.

Again. What I said was that expectation for proximity ( that’s the combo of distance and directional control ) was much more optimistic with a lob wedge vs a gap. ( under 100 vs 120 as I recall ).

I’m not sure how we got here to be honest. You seem to need to prove me wrong for some reason? And I don’t even recall giving anything that could even be considered an absolute truth. Clearly anything anyone says in this thread is opinion unless backed up with empirical data. ( mr Hunt etc) and if that is where the water is muddy I’m sorry. I’ve not flashed any credentials showing

my authority, nor will I. But come on. You cant refute any bodies opinion by showing a YouTube guys anecdotal shot compilation. That’s you giving YOUR opinion which is based on another guys opinion , and here’s the kicker. I’ve already agreed with you that it’s a multi faceted issue. And you agreed with me that as loft decreases dispersion increases ... Lol. Yet here we are. I can’t even figure out how to concede this argument to you ? Since we agree it is very hard to know where to give in.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Because it was YOUR initial statement that was flat out wrong. You said a huge difference in sub 100 vs 120 and then mention side to side right after that...how else is that to be interpreted? If you just would have left the side to side junk out, i wouldnt have said anything. You doubled down so here we are. This can easily be proven but instead of being wrong you want to carefully walk back what you said. Im done with it, but this isnt an opinion,and you were dead wrong.

> @aliikane said:

> Inside 10 feet are the most important putts for score. Those are the putts you need to make to save par and three putt avoidance. Outside of 10 feet the make percentage increases a lot the longer the putt so you just don't make a high percentage of them.

I agree with this on a general level for sure.

Its funny though its so dependent on handicap. My bogey golfer best buddy coughs up at least a handful of strokes inside 5 feet every single round.

From 10 feet or so I make maybe 1-2 more out of 10 as a one or two handicap though.

Once we get to 20+ feet though we both lag into the same general area/circle and make the flukey bomb at the same rate for a one putt.

Long story short it would depend on skill level for me to answer. I'm confident I'm gonna make a 3 footer if you had a gun to my head. I've worked hard there. I need to make more 6-10 foot putts.

A putting stroke as an athletic movement is not hard...A bogey or worse golfer should at least try to close that curtain and be able to dork in his 3-4 foot bogey putts. He would save a ton of shots a round IMO.

In the end though, everyone wants to be a good putter but I'm the only guy I ever see on my clubs putting green grinding lol.

> @Mcgeeno said:

> > @aliikane said:

> > Inside 10 feet are the most important putts for score. Those are the putts you need to make to save par and three putt avoidance. Outside of 10 feet the make percentage increases a lot the longer the putt so you just don't make a high percentage of them.

>

> I agree with this on a general level for sure.

>

> Its funny though its so dependent on handicap. My bogey golfer best buddy coughs up at least a handful of strokes inside 5 feet every single round.

>

> From 10 feet or so I make maybe 1-2 more out of 10 as a one or two handicap though.

>

> Once we get to 20+ feet though we both lag into the same general area/circle and make the flukey bomb at the same rate for a one putt.

>

> Long story short it would depend on skill level for me to answer. I'm confident I'm gonna make a 3 footer if you had a gun to my head. I've worked hard there. I need to make more 6-10 foot putts.

>

> A putting stroke as an athletic movement is not hard...A bogey or worse golfer should at least try to close that curtain and be able to dork in his 3-4 foot bogey putts. He would save a ton of shots a round IMO.

>

> In the end though, everyone wants to be a good putter but I'm the only guy I ever see on my clubs putting green grinding lol.

>

Good point, there's nothing worse than bogeying a hole after hitting the green in reg, which is my case, way too often!

> @Mcgeeno said:

> > @aliikane said:

> > Inside 10 feet are the most important putts for score. Those are the putts you need to make to save par and three putt avoidance. Outside of 10 feet the make percentage increases a lot the longer the putt so you just don't make a high percentage of them.

>

>

> Its funny though its so dependent on handicap. My bogey golfer best buddy coughs up at least a handful of strokes inside 5 feet every single round.

>

> From 10 feet or so I make maybe 1-2 more out of 10 as a one or two handicap though.

>

> Once we get to 20+ feet though we both lag into the same general area/circle and make the flukey bomb at the same rate for a one putt.

>

> Long story short it would depend on skill level for me to answer. I'm confident I'm gonna make a 3 footer if you had a gun to my head. I've worked hard there. I need to make more 6-10 foot putts.

>

> A putting stroke as an athletic movement is not hard...A bogey or worse golfer should at least try to close that curtain and be able to dork in his 3-4 foot bogey putts. He would save a ton of shots a round IMO.

>

> In the end though, everyone wants to be a good putter but I'm the only guy I ever see on my clubs putting green grinding lol.

>

The issue for most bogey golfers isn't just making 3-4 footers, it's that they don't typically have 3-4 footers to make par, so in reality there aren't a ton of shots to really save in that region (if they consistently had 3-4 footers for par, they would not be a 90s golfer). With that being said, there is a difference between a 3ft putt and a 4 ft putt (especially for ams). Even a bogey golfers makes 85% from 3 ft, but there is a drop off at 4 ft (for pros the biggest drop is at 5 ft), which is why Broadie says the most critical distance for most ams is 4-7 feet.

> @Mcgeeno said:

> > @aliikane said:

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I'll go back to the OP, in which he asked

>the bigger question is when you achieve tour level putting inside 10 feet what is really needed to propel you into the 60's

Well the obvious answer, if you're pro level within 10 feet, the next most important putting range is 10 to 15 feet, or 10 to 20. But really, the **most** important thing is to get more chances from inside 10 feet, and that has nothing to do with putting.

> @Red4282 said:

> Because it was YOUR initial statement that was flat out wrong. You said a huge difference in sub 100 vs 120 and then mention side to side right after that...how else is that to be interpreted? If you just would have left the side to side junk out, i wouldnt have said anything. You doubled down so here we are. This can easily be proven but instead of being wrong you want to carefully walk back what you said. Im done with it, but this isnt an opinion,and you were dead wrong.

?‍♂️

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Interesting thread. Many folks on this site just cannot understand the Strokes Gained concept, and so I’ve stopped trying to explain it. 3-7 feet is the answer to the “what putts should I try to improve upon?” question, and it is a combination of the potential make rate at those distances and the # of putts faced in any given round at those distances.

However, as many have said, practicing to get better on making more long putts just isn’t the way to make big gains in average score. To the OP, there is absolutely no way your daughter found 7-10 strokes a round from making more putts, unless she was the worst putter anyone has ever seen. I won’t go into why because, again, people have a hard time understanding it and/or they’ve always been told that the short game is the key to getting better.

But the evidence suggests distance gains/success off the tee and ballstriking with the irons explains the majority of difference between tour pros and Ams. That foots with my assessment of my own game, for example, and thus I’m inclined to believe it (and focus my practice efforts there). Your mileage may vary...

• Like 1

To shoot a good score you need to eliminate three putts and make all the shorties. If you get good there, speed control for the lag putts, getting the ball on line for the short putts, you will make your share of intermediate length and be a "good putter". Most of us are weak in one area or another. Practice where you are weak.

Steve

• Like 1