Vokey SM6's

ksgolf27

Do all the finishes feel the same? These look great this year.

Yes, in my opinion, all of the SM6 finishes feel the same.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the looks of those pics, I might prefer the TVD shape a little better.

I agree. Sucks TVD will be no more! I'm taking my money elsewhere.

No tvd? Is that offical? I'm guessing wedgeworks will still come out with special editions like the SM5 raw or something like that eventually.

Looks like I will just go ahead and order a set of hand ground Vokeys as I'm not sold on the SM6 (was hoping for more of a leading edge than what it sounds like they have). So much for saving some coin on wedges this season.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Looks like I will just go ahead and order a set of hand ground Vokeys as I'm not sold on the SM6 (was hoping for more of a leading edge than what it sounds like they have). So much for saving some coin on wedges this season.

Are you going to do the Vokey experience again or will they let you order hand grounds since you did it once?

Are you going to do the Vokey experience again or will they let you order hand grounds since you did it once?

I can order my same setup since I did the experience. Took me almost a year to get a response about it, but finally got approval. Was just holding out to see what the new offerings might be like. In the meantime I have tried everything from Callaway to Miura and have not found anything that I am as comfortable with as my Vokeys.

What's in the bag:

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

I can order my same setup since I did the experience. Took me almost a year to get a response about it, but finally got approval. Was just holding out to see what the new offerings might be like. In the meantime I have tried everything from Callaway to Miura and have not found anything that I am as comfortable with as my Vokeys.

That's cool, makes the cost a little easier to swallow. I was able to get an extra hand ground 60* after they stopped selling for retail. It took me about 20 emails to make it happen. I will probably get the retail 50/56 and then put the fresh Hand Ground in play.

That's cool, makes the cost a little easier to swallow. I was able to get an extra hand ground 60* after they stopped selling for retail. It took me about 20 emails to make it happen. I will probably get the retail 50/56 and then put the fresh Hand Ground in play.

I've been going back and forth on that as well. I too may get the hand ground 60 again and go for a retail 56. I recently switched out my 50* for a AW that matches my iron set as I was getting dinged every once in a while without the help of a little forgiveness on full shots which I use my 50* for the most part to begin with. Still not sure which is better for my setup as it is an evolving process at the moment. Which grind did you have on your 60?

What's in the bag:

From the looks of those pics, I might prefer the TVD shape a little better.

I agree. Sucks TVD will be no more! I'm taking my money elsewhere.

No tvd? Is that offical? I'm guessing wedgeworks will still come out with special editions like the SM5 raw or something like that eventually.

That's what I've been told by a few company folks. Hoping not, but it makes sense since the new wedges are pricing out at previous TVD prices.

Do all the finishes feel the same? These look great this year.

Yes, in my opinion, all of the SM6 finishes feel the same.

Did you look at them very close? I noticed that the chrome, and grey finish was milled or something all the way out to the toe, but the black was not. Wasn't sure if it was just the demos that had this, or if this was how they were coming.

I ended up ordering a 60 in the K grind in grey, and a 56 in the F grind in grey. I'll stick with my TVD in the 50 for a while, unless I really love these. Then I might end up ordering another one.

Steel looks good in person. I hit the new wedges yesterday at a demo day. Nice, but nothing over the top different than my sm5. For someone needing new wedges in 2016, these are a great option.

I need new wedges. I'm getting Vokeys since that's what I've always played and like. My question is if the SM6s are worth the extra price, since I need 2 wedges, and can get the SM5s for $109 on sale. Are the SM6s worth the extra $80 for 2 wedges?

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

Thinking I'm going to get the TVD 56K low bounce and the SM6 52. Didn't realize how much I liked the TVD and Hand Ground shape in comparison. The SM6 still has that round leading edge and point to the toe that the SM5 has (from what I have seen).

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Thinking I'm going to get the TVD 56K low bounce and the SM6 52. Didn't realize how much I liked the TVD and Hand Ground shape in comparison. The SM6 still has that round leading edge and point to the toe that the SM5 has (from what I have seen).

Going the same route. About to order a TVD 56k and Hand Ground 60M.

What's in the bag:

Good choice, you should still go to TPI. I think I'm only getting the 50.12/F SM6 in Tour Chrome with a C-Taper 130.

When does the SM6 hit stores?

March 11.

What's in the bag:

Steel looks good in person. I hit the new wedges yesterday at a demo day. Nice, but nothing over the top different than my sm5. For someone needing new wedges in 2016, these are a great option.

I need new wedges. I'm getting Vokeys since that's what I've always played and like. My question is if the SM6s are worth the extra price, since I need 2 wedges, and can get the SM5s for $109 on sale. Are the SM6s worth the extra $80 for 2 wedges?

I personally don't think so but I'm probably in the minority. $80 is almost enough for an additional sm5.....

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

The SM6 doesn't have that pointed toe like the SM5. I think the SM6 looks more like the TVD's in their face profile. Does have a rounded leading edge which I prefer.

TM SIM Max 11.1* Fujikura Ventus Blue VC 6S
3 Wood Titleist TSR 15* Fujikura Ventus Red VC 7S
5 Wood Titleist TSR 18* Fujikura Ventus Blue VC 8S
7 Wood Callaway BB 2004 21* Pro Launch 75s
4-PW Srixon Zx7 Modus 105s
MG4 54 SB Modus 105w, MG4 60 SBC Modus 105w

Scotty Cameron

The SM6 doesn't have that pointed toe like the SM5. I think the SM6 looks more like the TVD's in their face profile. Does have a rounded leading edge which I prefer.

Do you have any comparison pics? The SM6's I saw on ebay still had that slightly pointed toe, although not as bad as the SM5.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Do you have any comparison pics? The SM6's I saw on ebay still had that slightly pointed toe, although not as bad as the SM5.

I wasn't thinking at miles of golf but they had every loft/grind/finish option sitting on racks and I didn't take any pictures, thought they were out or so close to out nobody would want them. I really like the color schemes and the muscle on the back makes them look awesome but I didn't do any inspection beyond that. One of my boys Gbone is about to do the vokey fitting out there, he should have some good follow up info.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I'll be at Miles of Golf tomorrow - will try and get a side by side of the 2 wedges (5 and 6). I do not know how to upload so someone might need to help me with that.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Local Golfsmiths should have their vokey demo bag by now...saw them around here in Chicago.

Do you go to the South Loop Golfsmith? I'm in there at least once a week, SM6s looked gorgeous yestereday, loved the progressive muscle back. I noticed the milling didn't extend to the toe on the Black finish. Has anyone CLR'd that one yet to see if they maintain feel? I think I'm going to upgrade from my SM4s finally.

Dr: Ping G410 LST (9.0) - Aldila Tour Green ATX65-3.9s

3W: Callaway Epic Sub Zero (14.0) - Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ 6s

5W: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero JDM (17.0) - Graphite Design Tour AD-SZ 8s

4i: Titleist T200 - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95s

5i-PW: Titleist T100s - Tour AMT White S300

GW: Vokey SM9 (48) - Tour AMT White S400

SW: Vokey SM9 (53) - Tour AMT White S400

LW: Vokey SM9 (58) - Tour AMT White S400

P: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant

No pics sorry. Just from seeing them in person. Saw them at the PGA show and now the local Golf Smith has the demo wedges.

I play the latest TVDs and that is what they remind me of. Way much more than the SM5's. I hate the way the SM5's look with their toe.

TM SIM Max 11.1* Fujikura Ventus Blue VC 6S
3 Wood Titleist TSR 15* Fujikura Ventus Red VC 7S
5 Wood Titleist TSR 18* Fujikura Ventus Blue VC 8S
7 Wood Callaway BB 2004 21* Pro Launch 75s
4-PW Srixon Zx7 Modus 105s
MG4 54 SB Modus 105w, MG4 60 SBC Modus 105w

Scotty Cameron

What is the v grind?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5