2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Nicknames

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1414005187' post='10334059']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1414004605' post='10334001']
[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1414002857' post='10333807']
I'm not quite sure why, though. When I saw her last month she wasn't wearing knee-highs.
[/quote]
Is she Asian?....lol.
:worth:
[/quote]

Lol, no Sicilian. DP will have to provide the pic. I was too busy getting hugged to take a photo.
[/quote]
HEY-O!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1414005564' post='10334101']
I love dirty old men...I'm married to one. The "bantering" is why I'm here.
[/quote]
Talk about dirty old men....you gotta play golf with your neighbor, Tesque.
He needs someone to listen to his stories and banter how he had a "Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind" with Jodi Hyphen at a local IHOP and his strategies to get the three Killer B's together for a photo op in Phoenix next year.

Maybe he can talk and get Aza to wear knee highs. :swoon:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1414006709' post='10334201']
[/quote]
He needs someone to listen to his stories and banter how he had a "Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind" with Jodi Hyphen at a local IHOP and his strategies to get the three Killer B's together for a photo op in Phoenix next year.

Maybe he can talk and get Aza to wear knee highs. :swoon:
[/quote]

NoNo not a fan of covering up nice looking legs! Also, Kay probably has had some encounters with Jodi Hyphen herself. Many times when I played the UNM Championship course (we old timers call it UNM South), Jodi was out there practicing. What say you Kay, any Jodi Hyphen encounters? Jodi is our most famous NM golfer of recent, we claim her even though she is British as she attended UNM for 4 years. Obviously Nancy Lopez is our biggest star, male or female. A lady from my hometown played about 15 years on the LPGA but only had one win, her name was Kris Monaghan. Any encounters with them or any others, Kay?

[quote name='avgjoe' timestamp='1414084136' post='10339183']
[quote name='tesuquegolfer' timestamp='1414076456' post='10338347']
What about [b]Kang-a-roo[/b] for Danielle Kang?
[/quote]

'roo' would be ok if she was australian or went to akron
[/quote]

Agreed. I like the name Kang-a-roo, but without an Aussie tie-in, it doesn't quite fit.

Now, if she would get herself a win, or a handful of top 5's, I'd throw 'King Kang' out there...

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1414031592' post='10336395']
It's embarrassing that you guys have stooped so low to objectify women. It's sad, deplorable and speaks to the inequality in male female relations.

Oh, TB have you seen the new bikini pics of Paige Ocktobur?
[/quote]
NO!

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

[quote name='tesuquegolfer' timestamp='1414077409' post='10338445']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1414006709' post='10334201']
[/quote]

Maybe he can talk and get Aza to wear knee highs. :swoon:
[/quote]

NoNo not a fan of covering up nice looking legs! Also, Kay probably has had some encounters with Jodi Hyphen herself. Many times when I played the UNM Championship course (we old timers call it UNM South), Jodi was out there practicing. What say you Kay, any Jodi Hyphen encounters? Jodi is our most famous NM golfer of recent, we claim her even though she is British as she attended UNM for 4 years. Obviously Nancy Lopez is our biggest star, male or female. A lady from my hometown played about 15 years on the LPGA but only had one win, her name was Kris Monaghan. Any encounters with them or any others, Kay?
[/quote]I've never gotten around to playing UNM South, but have played a few courses in the Albuq area. Wasn't Rosie Jones from Albuq? I've seen her play quite a few times in tournaments. I think Jodie Hyphen will be winning soon.

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1414163966' post='10344127']
I think Jodie Hyphen will be winning soon.
[/quote]
Jodie needs to get out of her own way. She always seems to find a way to miss a putt or four coming down the stretch. But you're right, she's close.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1414164218' post='10344151']
[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1414163966' post='10344127']
I think Jodie Hyphen will be winning soon.
[/quote]
Jodie needs to get out of her own way. She always seems to find a way to miss a putt or four coming down the stretch. But you're right, she's close.
[/quote]
Agree
As much as I'd like to see Ms. Hyphen win .....ya gotta putt.....same goes for CHEESE.

[quote name='Royal Flush' timestamp='1401583343' post='9404513']
She doesnt play anymore but a gal who used to play on the LPGA tour by the name of Gloria Park was nicknamed ATM because she was always getting paid
[/quote]

I.K. Kim's friends call her Income Kim for the same reason.

Cobra Fly Z+
Bridgestone J33 3W, 5W Aldila NV 65
Wilson Staff D9 4-PW, TT Dynamic Gold R300

Wilson Harmonized 52*, 56*, 60*
Wilson Staff 8882

[quote name='L_L' timestamp='1414280474' post='10350709']
So is this official nicknames or is it just nicknames here on WRX?
[/quote]

It's a combination of the two. Generally speaking, if a player has a well known nicknames, we'll use it, e.g. Bam Bam, Wiesy.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

[quote name='avgjoe' timestamp='1414414202' post='10356559']
[quote name='south_side_lefty' timestamp='1414411953' post='10356489']
Now that Lee-Anne Pace has her first LPGA title, may I suggest...

The African Queen
[/quote]

we'll see if it catches on... methinks not
[/quote]

For me "Pacer" fits better and rolls smoother.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Golf is a game that has a great history of nicknames. Think about it...

The Golden Bear
Tiger
The King, aka Arnie
The Squire
Slammin' Sammy
The Hawk
Lord Byron
The Merry Mex
The Black Knight
Lefty
The Walrus
Great White Shark
The Silver Scot
Boom Boom
The Big Easy

The list could go on and on but since this is an LPGA thread, one of the best nicknames ever...

Big Momma

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZQtoltLzk"]LPGA YouTube video about player nicknames[/url]

Conclusion: The nicknames should continue.

I totally agree...though there seems to have developed a....bifurcation. I personally have no issue with the nick names.

(as long as I keep my cheat sheet handy...)

12* Cleveland Classic w/ TTDG X100 @43.75"
or
910D3 10.5 w/ Blueboard 65x
Mizuno MP-650 15* w/ DVS
or
Titelist 909F3 15* Graf Blue
Mizuno Mp CLK 20* w/ VTS Red
Covert 4 w/ VTS Red
Tourstage TS-202 5-PW
or
Hogan Decade's
Cleveland RTX 2.0 46
Vokey SM5 50 F-Grind
Vokey SM5 56 F-Grind
Ping Pal 4 BeCu

[quote name='mnmlistgolfr' timestamp='1414428888' post='10357697']
Golf is a game that has a great history of nicknames. Think about it...

The Golden Bear
Tiger
The King, aka Arnie
The Squire
Slammin' Sammy
The Hawk
Lord Byron
The Merry Mex
The Black Knight
Lefty
The Walrus
Great White Shark
The Silver Scot
Boom Boom
The Big Easy

The list could go on and on but since this is an LPGA thread, one of the best nicknames ever...

Big Momma

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZQtoltLzk"]LPGA YouTube video about player nicknames[/url]

[/quote]

When "smokehouse" gets included in a Golf Channel banner add a link to this thread.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

You know, not everyone needs a nickname. There shouldn't be a rush to be part of some "in" crowd because you came up with a nickname. Not calling anyone out here, just saying in general.

We are having enough issues with the nicknames as it is, let's not just hand them out like candy... What was it Alan Troy said in Jarhead... "you have to earn the brand".

We're already splitting threads b/c of them, which imo is a mistake anyway, but let's not add fuel to the fire by naming every single player just because...

ok rant off...sorry guys [size=4] [/size] :scare:[size=4] [/size]

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='mnmlistgolfr' timestamp='1414428888' post='10357697']

Big Momma

[/quote]
Nat Nat is the stupidest nickname

This nickname thing....I have been pondering this along with all the other truly meaningful things that affect my life (ahem...) and just want to share something...

Personally, my feelings on the whole nickname thing bounce between ambivalence and enjoyment. Otherwise put, I am ok with it...I keep my constantly updated cheat sheet handy and enjoy the show. Speaking for myself, when it comes to posting on here I have 4 sniff tests:

1) Is it illegal?
2) Is it immoral?
3) Is it unethical?
4) Do I find it offensive

If what I am about to post passes those tests, and I can at least start to convince myself it's somewhat relevant, I'll post. The use of nicknames doesn't fail any of those sniff tests for me. Some of them to be honest, are funny. Some make sense. Some have me scratching my head...but that's ok too.

Ok, so some folks don't like nicknames. Cool...a compromise was reached with 2 threads. If that's what it takes to keep the peace I am ok with that. Then I saw something about the pics. I fully expect to see something about emoticons next... That's what got me thinking about making THIS post.

I am finding myself all for the 2 thread idea. One for everybody (providing all those handy board rules are followed), and the other one for people who don't care for the nicknames. I get a lot of enjoyment out of LPGA threads, and it would seriously give me a case of gas, if they get locked because of a dust up like this.

The real world conflicts we all have to deal with are cruddy enough...

Just my two cents, and I hope I haven't crossed any lines or stepped on any toes.

or
Mizuno MP-650 15* w/ DVS
or
Covert 4 w/ VTS Red
Tourstage TS-202 5-PW
or
Hogan Decade's
Cleveland RTX 2.0 46
Vokey SM5 50 F-Grind
Vokey SM5 56 F-Grind
Ping Pal 4 BeCu

This nickname thing....I have been pondering this along with all the other truly meaningful things that affect my life (ahem...) and just want to share something...

Personally, my feelings on the whole nickname thing bounce between ambivalence and enjoyment. Otherwise put, I am ok with it...I keep my constantly updated cheat sheet handy and enjoy the show. Speaking for myself, when it comes to posting on here I have 4 sniff tests:

1) Is it illegal?

2) Is it immoral?

3) Is it unethical?

If what I am about to post passes those tests, and I can at least start to convince myself it's somewhat relevant, I'll post. The use of nicknames doesn't fail any of those sniff tests for me. Some of them to be honest, are funny. Some make sense. Some have me scratching my head...but that's ok too.

Ok, so some folks don't like nicknames. Cool...a compromise was reached with 2 threads. If that's what it takes to keep the peace I am ok with that. Then I saw something about the pics. I fully expect to see something about emoticons next... That's what got me thinking about making THIS post.

I am finding myself all for the 2 thread idea. One for everybody (providing all those handy board rules are followed), and the other one for people who don't care for the nicknames. I get a lot of enjoyment out of LPGA threads, and it would seriously give me a case of gas, if they get locked because of a dust up like this.

Just my two cents, and I hope I haven't crossed any lines or stepped on any toes.

Good points. I had to stratch my head when I saw the (nontournament) pics posted in "No Nicknames" thread. I mean, if nicknames are childish and derogatory, then why are titillating pics OK? It would be one thing if the photos were taken at the tournament, but they're simply (very hot) photos of some of the KLPGA players. (More please). I didn't notice anyone complaining about the pics.

Do I have to create a "No Sexy Pics" thread, too?

2013050515291734109_20130505160858_2.jpg

1) Is it illegal?

2) Is it immoral?

3) Is it unethical?

Good points. I had to stratch my head when I saw the (nontournament) pics posted in "No Nicknames" thread. I mean, if nicknames are childish and derogatory, then why are titillating pics OK? It would be one thing if the photos were taken at the tournament, but they're simply (very hot) photos of some of the KLPGA players. (More please). I didn't notice anyone complaining about the pics.

While I am certain what you typed was compelling....oh my

or
Mizuno MP-650 15* w/ DVS
or
Covert 4 w/ VTS Red
Tourstage TS-202 5-PW
or
Hogan Decade's
Cleveland RTX 2.0 46
Vokey SM5 50 F-Grind
Vokey SM5 56 F-Grind
Ping Pal 4 BeCu

1) Is it illegal?

2) Is it immoral?

3) Is it unethical?

While I am certain what you typed was compelling....oh my

Yeah...isn't that putter really nice?

To anyone who is offended by the LPGA nicknames, very sincere apologies. You need to understand a bit of the history of the LPGA threads on this site. There were literally probably 8-10 regular contributors to the threads and a few others who would drop by on occasion. There were probably as many posters as there were LPGA fans on course on a Thursday morning. The group became close and to be truthful, most but not all can be rather sarcastic...and I'm probably the worst in that regard.

The whole nickname thing just kind of evolved through seeing how certain players acted during their round or even post round. Some of the LPGA players are truly fan friendly and make a sincere effort to use their personalities to market the tour. Others only turn it on when a camera is involved and others not in the least.

There was never any malicious intent to exclude anyone, just a bunch of sarcastic smart arses that can find humor in most things.

Again, apologies to anyone who was offended.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1414511696' post='10362291']
Yeah...isn't that putter really nice?
[/quote]

I was trying to figure out what her shirt said.....no really

or
Mizuno MP-650 15* w/ DVS
or
Covert 4 w/ VTS Red
Tourstage TS-202 5-PW
or
Hogan Decade's
Cleveland RTX 2.0 46
Vokey SM5 50 F-Grind
Vokey SM5 56 F-Grind
Ping Pal 4 BeCu

To anyone who is offended by the LPGA nicknames, very sincere apologies. You need to understand a bit of the history of the LPGA threads on this site. There were literally probably 8-10 regular contributors to the threads and a few others who would drop by on occasion. There were probably as many posters as there were LPGA fans on course on a Thursday morning. The group became close and to be truthful, most but not all can be rather sarcastic...and I'm probably the worst in that regard.

The whole nickname thing just kind of evolved through seeing how certain players acted during their round or even post round. Some of the LPGA players are truly fan friendly and make a sincere effort to use their personalities to market the tour. Others only turn it on when a camera is involved and others not in the least.

There was never any malicious intent to exclude anyone, just a bunch of sarcastic smart arses that can find humor in most things.

Again, apologies to anyone who was offended.

Sarcasm? No, really? :rolleyes:

sarcasim_society_postcard-rceee939a485c46f2866ca1085b83d0b4_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg