non posting members

Dinosaur

The more members we have the more unruly it's gonna get.

It goes both ways. I've seen new members come on here and
post "digs" and "sarcasm" right out of the gate, because that's
what they've been reading and think that's the way to behave
to get noticed.

Also, when you see the same subjects come up, that's where
many of the snarky posts are found. Members who are tired
of certain subjects should just stay out of those threads and
remember that for some, those threads and topics seem fresh.

It's just like hearing the news repeat several times a day. For
some it's their first time hearing it, for others it's the 12th time
they've heard it and they're tired of it.

I've changed my mind about this. If new people want to come on
and start blades vs cb threads, so be it. It's new for them. The
rest of us should leave them alone if we're tired of it and not
throw darts at them.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"sure, why not?, Michael Corleone did this and Michael Corleone did that, but it was all lies"....

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

When I first joined here I was in high school and was definitely only interested in the free stuff. When I got into college I totally forgot about the site for a couple of years.

Since then I've been more of a lurker than a poster. I'm just blown away by the knowledge some people have so I get intimidated, more or less. I got lit up in a forum because I said something without proper backstory so I sounded cocky and stupid and I think that's caused me to be more weary of my posting.

No one should feel intimidated about posting if there is something they want to share. Yes, there is a lot of knowledge on here, but any poster who responds in a condescending, rude, or otherwise disrespectful manner has bigger issues they should be dealing with. I think their therapist would agree. Funny and smart-a$$ responses get a chuckle from me, but derisiveness not so much. I don't get why those folks don't just stay out of a thread in the first place.

My only suggestion to lurkers who are afraid to jump into the fray is don't drink and post. Now that can be dangerous. You don't want to wake up the next day thinking "did I really say that?". But, even if your facts turn out to be incorrect, it can make for good conversation and you and most likely others will learn something. This is about golf. Its a game. It should be fun. Unless its you're livelihood lighten up and keep the sniping to a minimum. And if it is your livelihood, this is a good place to use your talent and knowledge constructively.

Of course, I can take pot-shots at others with the best of 'em so I'm not too afraid of others' responses, but I'm a little too new to ruffle any feathers just yet.

To be honest, i feel that right now the site is more cordial and respectful then at any point in the time i've been here.

I've been here since 2008. There has always been sarcastic, attack posts. That will never change. But lately i've just felt there's been a lot less of it. Even the Ryder Cup posting went WAY better then normal.

I think the membership here is terrific. There are some high volume posters who do an excellent job steering things in the right direction

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='shanksfornuthin' timestamp='1413499803' post='10301815']
No one should feel intimidated about posting if there is something they want to share. Yes, there is a lot of knowledge on here, but any poster who responds in a condescending, rude, or otherwise disrespectful manner has bigger issues they should be dealing with. I think their therapist would agree. Funny and smart-a$$ responses get a chuckle from me, but derisiveness not so much. I don't get why those folks don't just stay out of a thread in the first place.

My only suggestion to lurkers who are afraid to jump into the fray is don't drink and post. Now that can be dangerous. You don't want to wake up the next day thinking "did I really say that?". But, even if your facts turn out to be incorrect, it can make for good conversation and you and most likely others will learn something. This is about golf. Its a game. It should be fun. Unless its you're livelihood lighten up and keep the sniping to a minimum. And if it is your livelihood, this is a good place to use your talent and knowledge constructively.

Of course, I can take pot-shots at others with the best of 'em so I'm not too afraid of others' responses, but I'm a little too new to ruffle any feathers just yet.
[/quote]LMAO Bro, I ruffled feathers on like my 27-28th post, LMAO

Oh Kev........ :)

I still feel guilty and you'd figure that after my 4-5th public apology, I'd be ok with it, cuz I think he forgave me, lol

Oh Kev.....

I came out of my shell at around 20-21 posts ;)

I appreciate Ya'll tolerating me :)

Thank You!!

Have a nice evening my Friends,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1413503081' post='10302065']

[/quote]LMAO Bro, I ruffled feathers on like my 27-28th post, LMAO

Oh Kev........ :)

I still feel guilty and you'd figure that after my 4-5th public apology, I'd be ok with it, cuz I think he forgave me, lol

Oh Kev.....

I came out of my shell at around 20-21 posts ;)

I appreciate Ya'll tolerating me :)

Thank You!!

Have a nice evening my Friends,
Richard
[/quote]LOL RP was before or after the meds? Personally I avoid the arguements and flamming. If I read and dont like the direction the thread is taking I just move on elsewhere and read something else.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

[/quote]Well I look at it 2 ways This is America and we have free speech and I have said this before but I feel the need to express this again As a Christian guntoating Southern redneck veteran hippie I may not agree with your beliefs or statements but I will stand by you and fight to the death to preserve your right to state them. Like I told RP if I dont like the way the thread is heading I will not comment but find something else to read and comment on. On that happy note dont worry about ruffeling any ones feathers they will eventually get over it ------ or not :)

[quote name='Thug Hunter' timestamp='1413465429' post='10298495']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1413462299' post='10298275']
I think there are probably quite a few who think their writing
skills, etc. aren't very good and don't post.

It's a shame cause we have pretty well banished the grammar
police and most don't care as long as people can figure out
what is being said.

I, for one, like seeing people post for whom English is not
their native language. It shows they want to contribute. And I
only speak English and respect those who are multilingual.
[/quote]

You could consider living in Alabama as being bilingual as long as you can turn off the accent for a few understandable words.... :taunt: Thankfully typing the English language is understandable across the board. :tongue:
[/quote]ROTFLMAO I can understand someone from Alabama perfectly. You could not probably understand me I have a mixture of Piedmont NC mixed with Eastern NC and SC Lowcountry. I know when i used to drive a truck up north the first question people asked was "what part of the south are you from??" oh well fun fun fun :)

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1413420251' post='10296079']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1413419773' post='10296019']
To All You Lurkers,

It is your prerogative not to post, but you should never, EVER, think that you don't have anything to contribute.

If you play golf and can follow the rules of conduct, you have something to contribute.
[/quote]

Heck yeah! I have over 3,000 posts and haven't contributed one, single, "NEW" bit of information to WRX lol. I just repeat things I've read on other parts of the site :)

Edit: Want some paste??
[/quote]

Oh, yeah, we used to eat paste all the time when I was a kid. In school we had those big jars of that thick, white paste. Everybody liked it.

Know what else we used to eat ??

Play-Doh. Man, that was goooooood.

[quote name='south_side_lefty' timestamp='1413505485' post='10302305']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1413420251' post='10296079']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1413419773' post='10296019']
To All You Lurkers,

It is your prerogative not to post, but you should never, EVER, think that you don't have anything to contribute.

If you play golf and can follow the rules of conduct, you have something to contribute.
[/quote]

Heck yeah! I have over 3,000 posts and haven't contributed one, single, "NEW" bit of information to WRX lol. I just repeat things I've read on other parts of the site :)

Edit: Want some paste??
[/quote]

Oh, yeah, we used to eat paste all the time when I was a kid. In school we had those big jars of that thick, white paste. Everybody liked it.

Know what else we used to eat ??

Play-Doh. Man, that was goooooood.
[/quote]Darn right! Play-Doh was good I liked the purple for some reason and Elmers Glue was good also my generation I was told ate lead tape uhhh lead paint I ment No wonder i am screwed up

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1413504281' post='10302187']

[/quote]Well I look at it 2 ways This is America and we have free speech and I have said this before but I feel the need to express this again As a Christian guntoating Southern redneck veteran hippie I may not agree with your beliefs or statements but I will stand by you and fight to the death to preserve your right to state them. Like I told RP if I dont like the way the thread is heading I will not comment but find something else to read and comment on. On that happy note dont worry about ruffeling any ones feathers they will eventually get over it ------ or not :)
[/quote]Most flexible man on the board!!

If I had to have one man on the tee with me for a game of Vegas/flips at a buck a point(that's $100/point) or at my back in a tense situation, this is my man!!

We might not win, but I'll make ya one promise-

We ain't gonna give it away...

You're gonna have to take it & beat our a** :)

Though let me get my sight back and the feeling in my right hand, lol :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='shanksfornuthin' timestamp='1413505833' post='10302339']
[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1413503991' post='10302149']
Drunk posting can be quite hilarious!
[/quote]

You betcha! But not for the poster. Those posts are like chum in the water for many veterans lying in wait and the responses will send the thin-skinned a runnin'.
[/quote]

a truism if I ever heard of one. Those who suffer from chronic epidermal atrophy surely would not survive in this environ. Sooner or later the "Master-Baiters" will get to them.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Apologies for the repeat of this to some because I posted it in another thread, but since the topic of getting trolled has come up here, I thought it would help if I shared it for those worried about posting because of trolls.

[b]Differential Trollquations[/b] by DeNinny

Troll Behaviors and Motivations[list]
[*]A troll will never back down and admit defeat. Never. Once engaged, you must be ready to either disengage with open ended and unresolved points (that will supposedly allow them to “win” a post) or completely engage until the bitter end: Mod or OP Lockdown. This is the most important thing to understand about them. You will never win in their eyes. You will always be wrong no matter what logic is put forth. If you engage, realize that you are either doing it for entertainment and/or ego.
[/list][list]
[*]A troll’s primal desire is to “win” the immediate post in front of them. This is priority above all else. They do this in one of two ways: a) by making a point based on their own logic that may actually have some merit or b) by finding something wrong about the post or point they are arguing. Unfortunately the tactic is more often b) than a). Often they will post a very specific quote that will be isolated to their specific issue about it and provide a (sometimes) rational point about it. And then they will continue to find flaws in any counter arguments provided. They want this to happen because it puts the poster on the defensive all the time and quite honestly it is much easier to nit pic someone else’s points than to provide counter arguments.
[/list]
Troll Flaws
(All of these can and should be used to your advantage. The key is to recognize and tactfully highlight them.)[list]
[*]They typically take your point or argument out of context. They incorrectly paraphrase it or they literally put words in your mouth that you never even stated. (Again they do this to steer the conversation to a winning scenario for them.)
[/list][list]
[*]They forget either the point of the thread or even points made earlier, by themselves and/or other posters. (Remember, they are only thinking about winning that one singular post in front of them.)
[/list][list]
[*]They will completely ignore logical counter arguments and questions. They cannot win these points so they simply don’t exist anymore. You can try to keep bringing them up but they actually don’t see the post anymore. This is one of their defense mechanisms: out of sight, out of mind (aka denial).
[/list][list]
[*]They post emotionally sometimes. When this happens they will either violate a forum rule (1.2 is often violated) or they will no longer be logical with their arguments. They may also even call you out for trolling.
[/list]
Troll Counter Tactics and Defense[list]
[*]The obvious one is to simply ignore their post and ignore them entirely. But that may not be as amusing or you feel need to defend yourself against their last “dig”.
[/list][list]
[*]Ask a question back, relevant to the topic. Occasionally they will answer and this is your chance to put them on the defensive with further cross examination. But again, if they cannot answer it without losing the argument, they will not respond. The repetition of asking it will be for amusement to the readers. And also it will be a counter argument when they call you out for not answering their questions.
[/list][list]
[*]Realize you don’t have to get in the last word on everything. Pick and choose the arguments. They are doing the same thing to you anyway. Let them even have the minor points when you know they aren’t seeing the bigger picture.
[/list][list]
[*]Save arguments and points for later. Trust me, you will be given the chance by them since again they will never quit. Better yet, save your best ones for last.
[/list][list]
[*]Respond rationally and without emotion. Simply answer the post or question it at face value. Remember that when you argue with emotion it will take away logic. (It is kind of like forgiveness vs workability!) An emotional response may also open the door for them to accuse you of trolling.
[/list][list]
[*]Paraphrase their logic first to highlight the error in it. They may not get this but the readers will. Over time it will become very clear who the troll is.
[/list]

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

To Troll...."The insatiable desire to elicit controversial commentary from as many as possible and at any cost; to give credence to one's being, usually undertaken by persons of low self esteem".

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

[quote name='Dinosaur' timestamp='1413511871' post='10302951']
To Troll...."The insatiable desire to elicit controversial commentary from as many as possible and at any cost; to give credence to one's being, usually undertaken by persons of low self esteem".
[/quote]

Oh Dino you need to add this to Wrx-tionary. Perfect definition. Perfecto.

:hi::hi::hi:

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1413409024' post='10294859']
[quote name='Dinosaur' timestamp='1413407042' post='10294693']
[quote name='Drudersh' timestamp='1413406641' post='10294663']
When I worked outdoors and was a member, I would almost never post, no time. Now that I am an office drone I have lots of time to lurk and post and dream about not being an office drone.
[/quote]

Yep, there is that.....I've been told more than once "Dino, you just have tooo much time on your hands". Or others may be a bit more direct and say something like "Get a life".
[/quote]

I was a proverbial "lurker" for a few years when I first started golfing. I liked reading the threads and such but never felt like I had anything to contribute.

Finally made a username and started posting a couple years ago and it's been awesome!
[/quote]

Just because you made a username doesn't mean you have contributed!

Just kidding Irish, I always find your posts informative.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1413512225' post='10302979']
[quote name='Dinosaur' timestamp='1413511871' post='10302951']
[/quote]

Oh Dino you need to add this to Wrx-tionary. Perfect definition. Perfecto.

:hi::hi::hi:
[/quote]

Thank you.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I simply rather read than post. No better place to keep up with new equipment and know that you can read reviews of same prior to market release. Really helps me narrow down my new club testing. Must agree this site has cost me money as I have club ho tendencies. I post occasionally if I feel I have something relevant to add. Along with all the equipment threads I love to read information on new clothing lines and shoes. Tour stories, players topics and so much more are available here. If you are an avid golfer this is the best place to go each night and the latest posts. Thanks GolfWRX!

[quote name='hawk14shaw' timestamp='1413513791' post='10303103']
I simply rather read than post. No better place to keep up with new equipment and know that you can read reviews of same prior to market release. Really helps me narrow down my new club testing. Must agree this site has cost me money as I have club ho tendencies. I post occasionally if I feel I have something relevant to add. Along with all the equipment threads I love to read information on new clothing lines and shoes. Tour stories, players topics and so much more are available here. If you are an avid golfer this is the best place to go each night and the latest posts. Thanks GolfWRX!
[/quote]

I am honored to bestow you with your first "like". I never thought a 4-digit member number could have < 100 posts and zero likes. Like witnessing an ace. I can totally understand as well, but sometimes with clubs it is information overload and then you can't make a decision LOL.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='shanked71' timestamp='1413513757' post='10303101']
I frequently type out replies to topics then delete them realizing my comments been made, irrelevant, or all you cooler wrx guys might judge lol
[/quote]

We all have great things to share albeit a great shot, experience on a course or opinion on a club, course or ball. Your opinion might resonate eith someone and you might help them without ever knowing it.

First Post:

Hi guys! I work for cable companies and boy do our products suck!!!

Er...

In all honesty.... Since I like to be blunt sometimes....

I like conversation... I like to have fun and tell jokes... And I enjoy my obstinate, confrontational side as well...

It's all stress relief for me... Soothing to wander down holes and get lost... And sometimes its stress replief to have a heated debate on the border of inappropriate and out of line....

I never lurked... I found the site by chance.... Rubbed my hands together like an evil genius and then began... I will say this... Of all the forums I frequent... This is the most well ran, well laid out, and mostly inhabited by awesome folks....

I even miss Frankie a lil bit...

:)

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1413490245' post='10301041']
I couldn't agree more duffer987. And I like your posts too. Witty as all get out.
[/quote]

See lurkers. See how cordial we all are!

Lurk less. Post more... well obviously avoid those 5 or 6 topics of death, but yea otherwise post more!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1413514146' post='10303139']
[quote name='shanked71' timestamp='1413513757' post='10303101']
I frequently type out replies to topics then delete them realizing my comments been made, irrelevant, or all you cooler wrx guys might judge lol
[/quote]

We all have great things to share albeit a great shot, experience on a course or opinion on a club, course or ball. Your opinion might resonate eith someone and you might help them without ever knowing it.
[/quote]

Bingo! Not being keen on all these shallow-faced fairway woods, I got interested in a thread where a few people said good things about what is now my current 3 wood. I can say I likely never would have tried it without this place and I've hit so many memorable shots with it this year, I'll only ever replace it with another exact same one.

Going the other way, I was able to give new user a great deal on some irons I had lying around because I happened across his thread asking what forged clubs he could get for $150. Had he not delurked, that'd never have happened.

Hmm... I'm way too positive tonight, who says 2012 'vintage' table red cannot be good? ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I first joined to see pictures on some course reviews that only members can see. I did that for about 2 years before making my first post. I still don't post too much since I really only read the courses threads, golf talk and tour talk thread, and it seems lots of those topics repeat themselves fairly often. As discussed in my "ping/taylormade false advertising" thread I don't care much for the latest greatest technology which puts me in the minority in these parts, and keeps from from reading or posting in any equiptment threads much.

Still enjoy checking things out and my highlite in my short posting career was getting pepperturbo to admit why I play twilight golf meant I was right, don't think he admitted being wrong but it was as close to an admission of wrongfulness I've ever read from him.