2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

I actually had the chance to hit these for comparison. Although not the same shafts, I was able to get a feel for the heads and compare the feel. All of these I believe fall into the same group.

Epon 503 - Epon, of course, are known for their soft feel. The 503s, although are Epon forged, have a bit of a click when struck and this click is due to the open cavity in the back of the heads. The feel of the iron head is just plain superb and the ball speed on this...WOW. A definite must have for mid handicaps.
Mizuno 850 Forged - What can i say? Mizuno has always produced outstanding irons and the 850 forged is simply outstanding. Firmer feel compared to the Epon 503s due to the boron but the face is quite forgiving and the ball speed on this is comparable to the 503s.
Srixon 545 - The 545s, I want to give this two thumbs up. It has a very similar feel to the 850 forged and similar in forgiveness. This head is a must try and I'm sure with the right shaft, this is a beast.
Srixon 745 - Although not really in the same category as the three above, I will still give the 745 high remarks. Good soft feel and although a little less forgiving than the three above this iron still can perform.

Feel (Ranking 1-Best)
1. Epon 503
2. Srixon 745
3. Srixon 545
4. Mizuno 850 Forged

Performance (Ranking 1-Best)
1. Epon 503
2. Srixon 545
3. Mizuno 850 Forged
4. Srixon 745

Forgiveness (Ranking 1-Best)
1. Epon 503/Srixon 545/Mizuno 850 Forged
2. Srixon 745

Overall (Ranking 1-Best)
1. Epon 503
2. Srixon 545
3. Mizuno 850 Forged
4. Srixon 745

In my honest opinion, I wouldn't mind having all 4 sets! These srixons are really something this year...

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

Good gawd.......something is wrong! I opened up Golfwrx 20 minutes ago and haven't had the need to look at the BST ads. Could it be my bag feels right??? The irons were my last piece of the puzzle that needed to be placed. Something just doesn't feel right without going straight to the Classifieds trying to find a deal before everyone else.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Finally got my z745s to the range today! :)
So how about that turf interaction?!
No really... what is it like. I'd forgotten Tues is mats only at my local range, doh! The fella in the proshop was cool though and gave me a free bucket.

So I hit the 5/7/9/PW versus the MP-33s I've been playing since the start of December. and colour me impressed. Same shafts with prosoft inserts, same VDR grips and I'm certainly not disappointed in how they feel compared to the Mizzys.

They are definitely going straight into the bag and I cannot wait to play them on Saturday :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1422418304' post='10832661']
No really... what is it like. I'd forgotten Tues is mats only at my local range, doh! The fella in the proshop was cool though and gave me a free bucket.

So I hit the 5/7/9/PW versus the MP-33s I've been playing since the start of December. and colour me impressed. Same shafts with prosoft inserts, same VDR grips and I'm certainly not disappointed in how they feel compared to the Mizzys.

They are definitely going straight into the bag and I cannot wait to play them on Saturday :)
[/quote]

That sounds promising. Going from a MP-33 to these should be an easy transition. Let us know how it went on Saturday.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1422446255' post='10833471']

[/quote]

That sounds promising. Going from a MP-33 to these should be an easy transition. Let us know how it went on Saturday.
[/quote]

In fairness I only played the Mizzys for 12 rounds during the silly season of Dec/Jan. Did manage to shoot what could end up being my low round of the year with them already, so they sure are a darn fine iron.
Played Cally XHP/X-Forged 13's the vast majority of the last two years.

Anyhoo, I couldn't tee off at Blackhorse at 7:30am Saturday without hitting these things off the grass, so I went back after work tonight and hit off proper turf :)
I never swing well right after work, so expectations were low and boy was I well happy with the results!
They glide through the turf like nobody's business and feel very good. Firmer than the MP-33s and XF '13s, IMHO though.
Z spot is definitely middle-in, but contact more towards to toe was still online enough and long enough.

I finally have a set of irons I can play 4 through PW! My bag is now set for many years... says a WRXer.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Come on guys. Let's get a little love going for the 745's. Those, can't hit wannabes, over in the 545 thread are starting to kick our butts over here. Even post to let us know if you jumped sides to the 545's.

Disclaimer: No golfwrxers were harmed in this post.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1422502938' post='10839017']
[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1422446255' post='10833471']

[/quote]

[/quote]

In fairness I only played the Mizzys for 12 rounds during the silly season of Dec/Jan. Did manage to shoot what could end up being my low round of the year with them already, so they sure are a darn fine iron.
Played Cally XHP/X-Forged 13's the vast majority of the last two years.

Anyhoo, I couldn't tee off at Blackhorse at 7:30am Saturday without hitting these things off the grass, so I went back after work tonight and hit off proper turf :)
I never swing well right after work, so expectations were low and boy was I well happy with the results!
They glide through the turf like nobody's business and feel very good. Firmer than the MP-33s and XF '13s, IMHO though.
Z spot is definitely middle-in, but contact more towards to toe was still online enough and long enough.

I finally have a set of irons I can play 4 through PW! My bag is now set for many years... says a WRXer.
[/quote]

You can go ahead and slide those 33s my way since you don't need them anymore... :)

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1422537141' post='10840199']
Come on guys. Let's get a little love going for the 745's. Those, can't hit wannabes, over in the 545 thread are starting to kick our butts over here. Even post to let us know if you jumped sides to the 545's.

[/quote]

Where do 545/745 combo guys go?

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

[quote name='sofla' timestamp='1422538931' post='10840335']
[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1422537141' post='10840199']

[/quote]

Where do 545/745 combo guys go?
[/quote]

You have to look at your combo. Which do you have more of?? :tomato:

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1422539095' post='10840345']
745 in the bag wasnt able to hit them yet due to an injury. But they sure look good
[/quote]

Looking good they are. I am hoping your injury won't keep you sidelined much longer.But seeing where you are from, golf is not a priority right now. Where do you live? My wife's is from Kanton Uri. I have been there and all over Switzerland several times now. Would love to ride my Harley across the country one day.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1422539720' post='10840389']
[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1422539095' post='10840345']
745 in the bag wasnt able to hit them yet due to an injury. But they sure look good
[/quote]

Looking good they are. I am hoping your injury won't keep you sidelined much longer.But seeing where you are from, golf is not a priority right now. Where do you live? My wife's is from Kanton Uri. I have been there and all over Switzerland several times now. Would love to ride my Harley across the country one day.
[/quote]
Injury is going to keep me off the course for another 3-4 weeks, but it is getting better every day. I live in Basel which is close to the German border and you could play right now because there isn't much snow at the moment.

[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1422537467' post='10840229']

You can go ahead and slide those 33s my way since you don't need them anymore... :)
[/quote]

Haha. No way! They are now my change-of-pace set. Got them from Dallasgolf in November for $135 3-PW, in very good shape for irons that old.
I also need something around to keep the pressure on the 745's in case [s]I go through[/s] they go through a rough patch.

F.T.

The soles look kind of big on the 745's which is exactly what I don't like about my i25's is this actually the case?

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

They are definitely smaller than my I25's I sent Russ757 some pictures and he posted them on the 545 thread I believe. You can see the differences there

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

How is the terf interaction with them though? Im just used to something more along the lines of the 64's, s55's, 712 cb's etc... but man those 745's are beautiful.

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

^The soles certainly are bigger - If you go back a couple pages, you can see comparison pics I took between them and MP33s, X-Forged '13s and CB3s - however, after 3 rounds with them this weekend I am very happy with their interaction with the turf. They both play nice together ;)

I'm a sweeper; however, one of my preferred shots with a PW or 9I inside 125yds is to hit a low, one or two hops and stop, knockdown shot. For that I do properly thump down through the turf and they performed great.

All that said, you're a damn sight better than me, so I reckon if I can get them to work happily for me, surely you can.
Go on. Go get a set :)

F.T.

[quote name='drvrwdge' timestamp='1422904918' post='10869611']
How is the terf interaction with them though? Im just used to something more along the lines of the 64's, s55's, 712 cb's etc... but man those 745's are beautiful.
[/quote]

Due to the V-sole they're sporting, the effective size of the sole isn't nearly as big as it looks. Only about half of it is really "in play" if you will.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

The V-shaped sole really does a great job gliding through the turf. Another pleasant surprise is toe hits. I haven't been punished like I should when I have hit out on the toe.

I am baring my soul here but on my last round, I was 130 yards out. I really haven't dialed my distances down yet due to playing in 40 degree temps. I used my pitching wedge because it was better to be shorter than longer. I came up short but still on line. About 120 yards. My fingers where telling me that I missed the sweet spot. I looked down and you could see half the ball dimples on the toe. I hit the ball half on the toe and half missed. The ball still went far and straight. I am fighting the flu and really shouldn't be playing. That is my excuse.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Its ok Tm these clubs flat out perform turf interaction,feel,and looks for sure. People will find out about these srixons ive been titleist fan boy since 1992 and these new srixons unseated them from my bag without a doubt and my new srixon 745 driver with speeder 757 evolution is about to replace my 913 d3 12 more yards of carry and 500 rpm less spin so all the guys who think this is just hype its not but until you try these irons and driver on the course fitted with the right shafts you guys cant talk smack cuz im here to tell you these clubs flat out perform with the best offered to this date, fujiman out!!!!!!

[quote name='fujiman.757' timestamp='1422920433' post='10871331']
Its ok Tm these clubs flat out perform turf interaction,feel,and looks for sure. People will find out about these srixons ive been titleist fan boy since 1992 and these new srixons unseated them from my bag without a doubt and my new srixon 745 driver with speeder 757 evolution is about to replace my 913 d3 12 more yards of carry and 500 rpm less spin so all the guys who think this is just hype its not but until you try these irons and driver on the course fitted with the right shafts you guys cant talk smack cuz im here to tell you these clubs flat out perform with the best offered to this date, fujiman out!!!!!!
[/quote]
Have you gone south to play recently?

[quote name='fujiman.757' timestamp='1422923824' post='10871749']
Wob u can make fun all you want i can take it eagle they are in the bag til i wear all the grooves out on them lol game changer for me i think i can get back to scratch with these and my new tvd wedges thats my goal
[/quote]
Believe me, i'm not making fun, just trying to have fun with you.....I admire your enthusiasm.....