2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

I'm sure it's been asked previously, but how does the agera compare to the HZRDUS black 6.5? Considering giving it a go and if it performs, try throwing it in an M1 460 8.5* head.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm sure it's been asked previously, but how does the agera compare to the HZRDUS black 6.5? Considering giving it a go and if it performs, try throwing it in an M1 460 8.5* head.

Haven't hit the Black 6.5 enough to give an educated comparison.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Fair enough. thanks for the honesty.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Fair enough. thanks for the honesty.

Of course. I've heard mixed reviews about the 6.5 Black but I won't give my opinion about a clubs/ shafts performance unless I myself hit it. Unfortunately that happens a lot nowadays ;)

Edel PROTO

I almost bought a tour issue driver because of you guys! Lol, I will wait since I am on driver #7 this year, and see out the 917, cally, and TM pan out...keep the updates coming!

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I almost bought a tour issue driver because of you guys! Lol, I will wait since I am on driver #7 this year, and see out the 917, cally, and TM pan out...keep the updates coming!

I tested/tried 9 on course this year haha. It's part of the fun. I didn't play them all only the M1 and SZ were played in matches and now the M2.

Edel PROTO

Some of my best driving rounds were with rental drivers. I had a great "nothing to loose" attitude and ended up swinging free and loose.

Best ever was with TM SLDR out in Vegas. Yes, the high altitude helped with distance, but I couldn't miss.

Always happens with me, I'll try someone else's driver and absolutely crush it. Something noteworthy about swinging fearless and loose!

Some of my best driving rounds were with rental drivers. I had a great "nothing to loose" attitude and ended up swinging free and loose.

Best ever was with TM SLDR out in Vegas. Yes, the high altitude helped with distance, but I couldn't miss.

Always happens with me, I'll try someone else's driver and absolutely crush it. Something noteworthy about swinging fearless and loose!

That's an all too common occurrence. No matter what a company says no two heads are the same :)

Edel PROTO

Have you tried the fujikura XLR8 pro at all?

[b]TaylorMade M1 9.5º Fujikura Pro XLR8 Stiff
Titleist 915Fd 15* GD p9003x
Titleist 913Hd 18º D+ 90Hy X flex
Titleist T-mb 4-9 DG S400 2º flat
Titleist SM6 46.08 & 50.10 F-Grind DG S400 2º flat
Titleist Vokey V-grind 54.10 & 58.10 DG Hi-Rev Wedge+ 2º flat
Titleist Cameron & Crown Golo5
Current HDCP 5.9 (as of 11/2016)[/b]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/902791-conrad283s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Have you tried the fujikura XLR8 pro at all?

No but I've heard good things about it. To be honest Fuji is hard for me to keep track of. I fee like they have a million different shafts out and it's not that easy to discern one from another. Mitsu does a really nice job seperating lines as does Graphite design. I have hit the Fuji Pro 73 (I think it was) and got some good numbers.

Edel PROTO

They are really difficult to keep track of. I hit one that was green, but it looks like that model on the website is yellow ... I'm so confused, lol

[b]TaylorMade M1 9.5º Fujikura Pro XLR8 Stiff
Titleist 915Fd 15* GD p9003x
Titleist 913Hd 18º D+ 90Hy X flex
Titleist T-mb 4-9 DG S400 2º flat
Titleist SM6 46.08 & 50.10 F-Grind DG S400 2º flat
Titleist Vokey V-grind 54.10 & 58.10 DG Hi-Rev Wedge+ 2º flat
Titleist Cameron & Crown Golo5
Current HDCP 5.9 (as of 11/2016)[/b]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/902791-conrad283s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

They are really difficult to keep track of. I hit one that was green, but it looks like that model on the website is yellow ... I'm so confused, lol

Exactly. I'm interested in a few and if I get the chance maybe I'll grab one to try out.

Edel PROTO

I actually just ordered a rental of the Fuji Pro TS 73-X (black/white shaft JB Holmes plays) and the AD-GP 7X from shaftshack.com to test. Also hit the 757 Evo (blue one) in a M2 head and liked it. Agree they have a lot of models out right now and seems like a lot of overlap.

Nice be interested to hear how you like it. I understand a companies desire to have something for everyone but it's too much. Kinda like Mizuno irons. You go to a store and there's like 47 sets of Mizuno irons on the wall. Just confusing.

Edel PROTO

I actually just ordered a rental of the Fuji Pro TS 73-X (black/white shaft JB Holmes plays) and the AD-GP 7X from shaftshack.com to test. Also hit the 757 Evo (blue one) in a M2 head and liked it. Agree they have a lot of models out right now and seems like a lot of overlap.

Nice be interested to hear how you like it. I understand a companies desire to have something for everyone but it's too much. Kinda like Mizuno irons. You go to a store and there's like 47 sets of Mizuno irons on the wall. Just confusing.

It does get a little confusing with all of the iron lines Mizuno has.

On a side note, I was able to look at the z765 irons in person the other day. They didn't have a z745 to compare it against, but the 765's looked like they had a more thin topline from what I remember about the 745's. The 765's also appeared to have more offset. I don't remember noticing the offset as much on the 745's. According to their website specs, the 765's do have more offset, albeit minimal, but I just noticed the offset more than I would think. Just seems like I should not have noticed it that much, with that small difference on the 765's. Maybe the combination of the thinner topline with the little extra offset just made it more perceptible than on the 745's.

Either way, the 765's did look really good. I'm just surprised they went with more offset if they were thinning out the topline. I would think that they would have kept the offset the same or made it less, since they were making a thinner topline, more players looking club.(what was cool was they had the modus 120's as the off the rack stock setup) Hopefully they will get a demo in with the modus 120, so I can try it against my T-MB.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Yea, when they came out with the JPX EZ a year after the JPX 825, it was too much and started getting confusing. Now it looks like they are consolidating the number of irons, but blurring the lines b/w MP and JPX? Personally, I thought MP5 was easier to hit than JPX 900 Tour. Had my MP54's w/120TX (thanks for the advice) for 3 years and easiest long irons I've ever hit. 4i @ 22* is one of my favorite clubs. 3i @ 19* is just as easy to hit as UDI I had, it alternates w/Apex 20* w/steelfiber 110. Tried B'Stone J15CB, but preferred look/feel of 54. Picked up MP5 in 5-PW and Modus 125X. Will install 125X in 5's to test shafts head to head, then decide if I can hit 5i and 6i effectively in 5's and build with winning shaft.

Will let you know on the driver shafts, should be here Fri. Was hoping to just go to Cool Clubs to test but when I called and asked bout the Fuji Pro TS they asked if I meant the Speeder Pro. I said, no, the Fuji Pro TS, the white and black one. I was told that it was a stock shaft and they didn't carry it? Nay call Club Champion, but they are farther away.

It does get a little confusing with all of the iron lines Mizuno has.

On a side note, I was able to look at the z765 irons in person the other day. They didn't have a z745 to compare it against, but the 765's looked like they had a more thin topline from what I remember about the 745's. The 765's also appeared to have more offset. I don't remember noticing the offset as much on the 745's. According to their website specs, the 765's do have more offset, albeit minimal, but I just noticed the offset more than I would think. Just seems like I should not have noticed it that much, with that small difference on the 765's. Maybe the combination of the thinner topline with the little extra offset just made it more perceptible than on the 745's.

Either way, the 765's did look really good. I'm just surprised they went with more offset if they were thinning out the topline. I would think that they would have kept the offset the same or made it less, since they were making a thinner topline, more players looking club.(what was cool was they had the modus 120's as the off the rack stock setup) Hopefully they will get a demo in with the modus 120, so I can try it against my T-MB.

Adding more offset is surprising. I won't be switching to them from my 745's though. Love them too much. :D

Edel PROTO

Have you had any 745 vs T-MB comparison? I might have missed it in the shuffle.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Have you had any 745 vs T-MB comparison? I might have missed it in the shuffle.

No but I have hit the TMB's indoors and thought they were nice. To be honest ever since I stared playing the 745's I haven't touched many irons.

Edel PROTO

I'm late to the Srixon party. Picked up a set of 745 4 and 5, 945 6-pw with C taper 130x just foe the hell of it and it's been really solid. Have tried everything else but for some reason overlooked the Srixons.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

I'm late to the Srixon party. Picked up a set of 745 4 and 5, 945 6-pw with C taper 130x just foe the hell of it and it's been really solid. Have tried everything else but for some reason overlooked the Srixons.

It's not hard to overlook them as they aren't in a lot of shops. I think moving into next year that will change with all of the success they had in sales and also phasing out everything Cleveland except wedges. I"m not a fan of their woods though.

Edel PROTO

Updated WITB pics on page 1 post 1, also had the Cadence KetschTR putter as I'm testing it but don't think it's going to take the top spot. Also played yesterday in a money game and the M2/Agera combo was FILTHY. I hit damn near every fairway and was CARRYING the ball 290-300 bills. I just wish I could bottle that combination of distance and accuracy. I hit 9/11 fwys with the driver.

. Also new swing video on my Instagram (just click my link below). Working on some things as always :D

Edel PROTO

Bag and swing are looking nice! I'm digging my M2 too. Amazing stick! :)

Thanks appreciate the kind words. Both my swing and bag are always a work in progress :D

Edel PROTO

Curious if you ever got any pics of the Pistol Pete's on your agera?

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

Hard to show but I'll do my best. I have to say it's one of the best shafts on the planet. Also love the new direction without the girl graphics which I know was done to make a splash. In any case take a look. Notice the "X"'s in Xphlexxx are the mustaches put together.

Edel PROTO

That is pretty cool. I would be more apt to try the shaft with the graphics changed from the original.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

That is pretty cool. I would be more apt to try the shaft with the graphics changed from the original.

Yeah for sure. As for the graphics I believe that was for the initial run and moving forward the graphics (size, style, ect..) will be more in line with the Copper Proto I have.

Edel PROTO

Current as of Sept 24th 2016

Taylormade M2 tour issue 9.2* w/ Xphlexxx Agera 44.75" tipped 1.5"

Taylormade M2 tour issue 15.3 w/Mitsubishi Tensei White 80TX tipped 1" 42.5"

Callaway 815 Alpha 20* Veylix Rome 988

Srixon 745 4-pw Nippon modus tour 120tx

Callaway md3 50,54, 60 Nippon modus 125

Odyssey Protype #2

nice set up.

P.S your instagram link sets of WRX web alarms

Current as of Sept 24th 2016

Taylormade M2 tour issue 9.2* w/ Xphlexxx Agera 44.75" tipped 1.5"

Taylormade M2 tour issue 15.3 w/Mitsubishi Tensei White 80TX tipped 1" 42.5"

Callaway 815 Alpha 20* Veylix Rome 988

Srixon 745 4-pw Nippon modus tour 120tx

Callaway md3 50,54, 60 Nippon modus 125

Odyssey Protype #2

nice set up.

P.S your instagram link sets of WRX web alarms

Thx and I was messing around with my signature today and messed something up. Anyway the Instagram link is now fixed, thx for the heads up

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM