J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Swing looks good man, I like the Gankas move on the back swing. I'll be either 100% Callaway with you next year or Mizuno.. depending on which way the wind blows :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Swing looks good man, I like the Gankas move on the back swing. I'll be either 100% Callaway with you next year or Mizuno.. depending on which way the wind blows :)

Haha. We will see and thanks. The swing is always a work in progress, need to rotate chest through a little more at impact. All in due time. Gonna start wearing flip flops with socks when I practice ;). Didn't know who Gankas was and just you tubed him.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Thanks.

Still waiting to hit the new Callaway Fusion as no shops in my area had any demo's yet. Hopefully they got stock by now as it's launch day but it seems the north east is having issues getting stock as 4 shops from Philly, DE, and MD didn't have anything in as of 5 days ago (talking demo heads.)

Hit the Titleist again and same conclusion, it's painfully average and predictably 3 years behind. I know this is their model as R&D gets dumped into the ball but I always have high hopes as I used to be a big Titliest guy. Not trying to bash Titliest just speaking the truth as I see it.

Edel PROTO

Haha. We will see and thanks. The swing is always a work in progress, need to rotate chest through a little more at impact. All in due time. Gonna start wearing flip flops with socks when I practice ;). Didn't know who Gankas was and just you tubed him.

Gankas is a guy out here with a ridiculous stable of amateur golfers and hype on IG is crazy. Guy has no idea what GolfWRX is and has more recent threads about him than guys making a living off of this site.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Gankas is a guy out here with a ridiculous stable of amateur golfers and hype on IG is crazy. Guy has no idea what GolfWRX is and has more recent threads about him than guys making a living off of this site.

Watched about 4 vid's from him. Love his style and man he moves a mile a minute with students. The flip flops crack me up. You ever worked with him?

Edel PROTO

Watched about 4 vid's from him. Love his style and man he moves a mile a minute with students. The flip flops crack me up. You ever worked with him?

I went to him once, he's amazing but too far for me to make the trip regularly. I wrote up a review in the old Gankas thread that has been deleted for whatever reason, guys in the swing forum are "passionate". A new one is created, but I try not to spend too much time in the swing forum, but some good discussion. I know Q has flown in to see him and found it to be better than some of his previous experiences and Q is a solid player. He's @ggswingtips on IG, that's how I initially found out about him.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

So I hit the Callaway Fusion today on my lunch break, keep in mind I was in dress shoes with no glove but at least I was wearing a polo :D. Have to say I didn't expect to like it.....but i did. Not saying I'm going out and buying one but lets just say it peaked my interest for further testing. Here's a couple numbers I grabbed pics of real quick

At a glance and after about 15 shots

Look - I like it, it's odd but I like it in a strange way

Feel / Sound - Pleasant, solid, no loudness, comment more when I hit it outside.

Spin - low/mid

Launch - mid/high

Pro's - Great forgiveness as I hit some weird shots with my dress shoes on and the ball still flew very consistent distances, reminded me a. Ping G in this area. Seemed to fly high with spin right in the optimal range for me averaging low 2000's.

Cons - Look might not be for everyone, sits closed or at least looks that way, def draw bias. Fortunately both of those factors can be changed by opening the face and adding some melt to the toe area of the club. How much I'm not sure but if you loved it and needed less left you could do something about it within reason.

Overall my initial reaction is positive and I'm really loving the track that Callaway is on. Can't wait to see the rest of the lineup come Jan/Feb.

Edel PROTO

Who you trying to kid?! You know you'll get one!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Sounds like my experience with the FTiz, the last triangular driver they made, looks weird, sits closed, but somehow performs.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I am really thinking of getting an M2 driver head to replace my R15

looking good!!!!

TAY; 7.5* SIM  SPEEDER 57  S.  (44 3/4")

TTL; 13.5* TSI 2 DIA BLU 70 S.  (42 7/8")

SRZ; 18* 85 U STEELFIBER 95I S. ( 39 3/4")

Cal; 4/5i EPIC, 6i-7i MVRK PR, 8i-PW MB  

Cal; 52* X FRG STK W. 
Cal;  ODYSSEY W B/W 

I am really thinking of getting an M2 driver head to replace my R15

looking good!!!!

M2 has been amazing for me. The numbers above are from the Fusion but I did hit the M2 to compare numbes and they were pretty much identical accept the Fusion was more forgiving and more left bias.

Edel PROTO

I might have missed it, but I noticed your driver is tipped more than the 3 wood. Why is that? That driver shaft play soft to flex?

Gankas is the man. I tried to schedule a lesson but he was fully booked when I was down there. Someday. Been using his stuff to shallow out the club a bit more.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I might have missed it, but I noticed your driver is tipped more than the 3 wood. Why is that? That driver shaft play soft to flex?

Gankas is the man. I tried to schedule a lesson but he was fully booked when I was down there. Someday. Been using his stuff to shallow out the club a bit more.

Long story but that's based on the Red Stripe concept Agera I have that was an S flex. I got a 257cpm Stiff flex so I could experiment as Agera's have a very stiff tip section/ low low torque. So I got a softer flex then normal and tipped 1.5 which takes the cpm's up to probably around 268-270 which is stout in the Agera. ACtually worked well as I get a little more bend in the shaft but no left. It's still an experiment but so far it's going well. Thing with the Agera is that people do best with about a 1/2 flex weaker in CPM then other brands. The low torque crushes spin and can be a bit much. My sweet spot is around 267-270.

My favorite though is still the copper type b that I think is the next generation not positive.

Gankas's videos are good, guy just motors through stuff which shows how it's second nature to him. Where's he based like San Fran or something? I can see though where my swing reflects some of what he teaches. Good stuff thanks for turning me on to him Tai.. I like the way he teaches how to clear the lower body left .

Edel PROTO

Good to know if I ever try those shafts. Makes sense.

GG is located in So Cal. Near the Kardashians lol. Rates are high as hell though which he can charge and get. Don't blame him. And no problem. I actually found him through Pure! Lol.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Good to know if I ever try those shafts. Makes sense.

GG is located in So Cal. Near the Kardashians lol. Rates are high as hell though which he can charge and get. Don't blame him. And no problem. I actually found him through Pure! Lol.

Kardashians lol don't even get me started. But hey if he can demand the price and is in an area that supports it then by all means.

Edel PROTO

Ok, thanks. Sounds like a guru / shamen type. He probably couldn't help my icky swing!

Link me to the best vid you watched on clearing lower body left? Gracias

Start at 8.45 in. This is something I work on

Edel PROTO

Long story but that's based on the Red Stripe concept Agera I have that was an S flex. I got a 257cpm Stiff flex so I could experiment as Agera's have a very stiff tip section/ low low torque. So I got a softer flex then normal and tipped 1.5 which takes the cpm's up to probably around 268-270 which is stout in the Agera. ACtually worked well as I get a little more bend in the shaft but no left. It's still an experiment but so far it's going well. Thing with the Agera is that people do best with about a 1/2 flex weaker in CPM then other brands. The low torque crushes spin and can be a bit much. My sweet spot is around 267-270.

My favorite though is still the copper type b that I think is the next generation not positive.

Gankas's videos are good, guy just motors through stuff which shows how it's second nature to him. Where's he based like San Fran or something? I can see though where my swing reflects some of what he teaches. Good stuff thanks for turning me on to him Tai.. I like the way he teaches how to clear the lower body left .

Very accurate review.

Played today and played like a donkey but putted well with the Protype 2. Also added another swing video on my Instagram (click link in my signature) I added the pro tracer to it haha looks extremely cool. Fun app to play with. :D

Edel PROTO

So I hit the Callaway Fusion today on my lunch break, keep in mind I was in dress shoes with no glove but at least I was wearing a polo :D. Have to say I didn't expect to like it.....but i did. Not saying I'm going out and buying one but lets just say it peaked my interest for further testing. Here's a couple numbers I grabbed pics of real quick

At a glance and after about 15 shots

Look - I like it, it's odd but I like it in a strange way

Feel / Sound - Pleasant, solid, no loudness, comment more when I hit it outside.

Spin - low/mid

Launch - mid/high

Pro's - Great forgiveness as I hit some weird shots with my dress shoes on and the ball still flew very consistent distances, reminded me a. Ping G in this area. Seemed to fly high with spin right in the optimal range for me averaging low 2000's.

Cons - Look might not be for everyone, sits closed or at least looks that way, def draw bias. Fortunately both of those factors can be changed by opening the face and adding some melt to the toe area of the club. How much I'm not sure but if you loved it and needed less left you could do something about it within reason.

Overall my initial reaction is positive and I'm really loving the track that Callaway is on. Can't wait to see the rest of the lineup come Jan/Feb.

Concur with all the above. Have a 6 week break between tournaments and want to give the Fusion and extended trial run in a 10.5 set at 9.5. What stood out most was the forgiveness, and Ping G was immediately what came to mind for me as well.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Punisher drill for 3/4 shots have been the best for me. Another issue I run into is too much lateral slide which is connect the turn.

Edel PROTO

Who you trying to kid?! You know you'll get one!

Well ok maybe your right :D

Building now and waiting to add some hotmelt. Head weight without adapter is just shy of 191g so with adapter you figure around 197g.

.....more to come

Edel PROTO

That a boy! I new you wouldn't let us down!

Have you tried the new Srixon driver yet?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

That a boy! I new you wouldn't let us down!

Have you tried the new Srixon driver yet?

No on the Srixon and probably won't as I won't buy a driver unless I can try it and no shops around me carry Srixon woods. Maybe that will change this year with the irons selling well.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM