2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Been toying with the idea of trying some Srixon irons :)

Toy away you won't be disappointed :D

Pic's of the PT prototype ?

Here ya go, btw she hasn't been performing lately and could end up back in the corner of the basement.

That #7 is calling your name from the corner....

I thought so too haha the #7 will see some sun but I have a new flat stick on the way ;)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Been toying with the idea of trying some Srixon irons :)

Toy away you won't be disappointed :D

Pic's of the PT prototype ?

Here ya go, btw she hasn't been performing lately and could end up back in the corner of the basement.

That #7 is calling your name from the corner....

I thought so too haha the #7 will see some sun but I have a new flat stick on the way ;)

Not even a hint?

Pics and a review would be great.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

So ---- what's tour current driver set up? If you had a $ match - what's going in the bag?

Also - what irons are on your radar? And don't say nothing ;)

Had a $ game yesterday and was happy with what I played :D One more round tomorrow then that's it. Decision will be made.

Irons wise - Not looking at anything nor have I since the 745's went in the bag. In fact they've been in the bag a year now and not planning on changing.

Worst. Answer. Ever.

I know but I cant hop around anymore with irons. Takes too long to dial them in.

I agree for sure here, but I play quite a bit these days and like to try new stuff. I was too impatient to wait for a new MB from Cally at the moment. I have had the 5's in the bag for 1 year now, and just love them with the 130 C-Taper, but the shaft is a bit harsh on the wrist, hands, elbows.

I have been wanting to try the new PX LZ iron shafts, so just ordered a partial set (6-P) of the new Mizzy 900 Tour's with 6.5 LZ's to try.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Mizzy Mp'5's are nice. I'm a big mizuno fan and played the 64's for a while. I played Ctapers as well but moved on to the Modus line after a fitting a few years ago. As for the putter it's nothing fancy just something I like the alignment on. It's the Odyssey V-line which like the 7 is a face balanced mallet so it should be a little easier to square up which is the main issue i've been having. Not saying the #2 is def out but something needs to change quick because i'm losing shots on the course and it's costing me money :D

As for the Driver testing i'm all done. Update tonight on that when i get home i've just been swamped with work and family stuff.

Edel PROTO

Mizzy Mp'5's are nice. I'm a big mizuno fan and played the 64's for a while. I played Ctapers as well but moved on to the Modus line after a fitting a few years ago. As for the putter it's nothing fancy just something I like the alignment on. It's the Odyssey V-line which like the 7 is a face balanced mallet so it should be a little easier to square up which is the main issue i've been having. Not saying the #2 is def out but something needs to change quick because i'm losing shots on the course and it's costing me money :D

As for the Driver testing i'm all done. Update tonight on that when i get home i've just been swamped with work and family stuff.

I am kinda pumped to try a new iron shaft. I have the matching V-Line Tank Cruiser to my #7 Tank Cruiser, same length, same grip, both are great.

I tried the Flex 440, and while long, seemed less friendly than the SZ. I ordered a VFP from the Nike sale over the weekend to try (was only $100). I just don't see the SZ leaving the bag.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Nike flex was ok for me but kept going left. The SZ is light years better then the VFP.

Edel PROTO

Man, love coming in here and hearing the #7 has a chance again! Rooting for it to have another go!

We will see but I would t hold your breathe. I just don't see the shape like I use to

Edel PROTO

So after testing my Sub Zero 9.5* vs Ping G LS 9* vs Nike Flex 440 vs Taylormade M1 430 8.5* vs Taylormade M1 460 9.5*vs Taylormade M2 9.0 there is a winner. Without being long winded I will get right down to it.

The way I went about this testing was a little different as I already had my Sub Zero dialed in so I used that as the barometer/baseline. Basically the Sub Zero / Agera combo was the club to beat and one by one I tested the challengers against it ON COURSE. If one of the heads tested well against the SZ I set it aside for round 2 of testing. If a head/combo didn't fair well against the SZ it went bye bye, simple as that.

Side note: For those who haven't seen other tests I've done I like to go to my club and hit 2-3 balls a piece with each driver on EVERY hole. I do this over the course of a few rounds and also on the range. I do use LM's to dial things in but honestly the course is where I make decisions.

*****SZ vs Ping G LS*****

SZ smoked it in every category but forgiveness which is the be expected her'es the run down

Feel: SZ not even close

Forgiveness: Ping G LS

Distance: SZ, Ping G LS doesn't have that extra gear seems to over spin.

Sound: SZ wins easily, I mean it's a Ping :D

Spin: SZ lower by about 500rpm for me

Launch: Ping G LS a little higher, not much though.

Winner : SZ

*****SZ vs Nike Flex 440*****

Feel: SZ wins but the Flex is really good

Forgiveness : SZ

Distance: Flex

Sound: Both good

Spin: SZ lower

Launch: Flex a little lower maybe 1-2*

Winner : SZ, main reason was forgiveness and the Flex has a tendency to go left on me. On one tee out of 3 balls I hit two dead left into the water and felt like they were good swings. That is an automatic GONE.

*****SZ vs M1 430 (tour head)*****

Feel: Like both

Forgiveness: SZ

Distance : 430 by some yards

Sound: Both pretty good

Spin: 430 lower maybe 200-300rpms in lowest setting

Launch: 430 lower.

Winner: Both did well and 430 made it to the 2nd round

******SZ vs M1 460 (tour head)*****

Feel: SZ by a mile

Forgiveness: about the same for me to be honest

Distance: Both about the same

Sound: SZ

Spin: around the same maybe SZ a little lower

Launch: around the same

Winner : Both did well , 2nd round

*****SZ vs M2 (tour head)*****

Feel: SZ

Forgiveness: M2 for sure

Distance: M2

Sound: Both appealing

Spin: SZ lower

Launch: M2 higher

Winner: M2 to the 2nd round

Okay at this point and without making this post insanely long I put the SZ to the side for a second and compared the m1 430, 460, and M2. Out of those three the M2 really shined for me. It was actually longer then both the 430 and 460 for me, not kidding. It launches higher then both while maintaining lowish spin so I was getting max carry with it which is what I'm looking for. Conditions are usually fairly soft so roll isn't something I want to count on.

*******THE BATTLE FOR THE BAG:*******

SZ / Agera Proto vs M2 / Tensei White 60TX

Feel: Both great

Forgiveness: M2 hands down

Distance: M2 in carry for sure

Sound: Both great (m2 has hotmelt so it's good)

Spin: M2 a little higher maybe 300-400rpms

Launch: M2 higher

And the Winner is.......... Taylormade M2 (Tour head 9.2*)

Overall the SZ is a great head but on my off days it's too much for me. My misses aren't spinning enough which is the same thing I was getting with the 430. With the m2 the ball still stays in the air on a heel or toe strike so it saves me a bit. The best part about it is the spin on center strikes is in a great range for me. The Tensei White is obviously playing a part in this as it's a LOW spinning shaft and feels great. I did test the 1st generation Agera in the M2 and it was very anti left which I like. I haven't been able to test the Agera Copper Proto in it yet as it was in the SZ but now that I'm going full steam ahead with the M2 I'll switch tips.

So there ya go, the M2 has my vote and honestly gives me some great results on the course which is where it counts. I think the SZ is a little longer if the course was firmer but 80% of the year the courses around me are soft so carry is the name of the game. Over the next month I'm going to play with the Tensei White and Agera copper proto to see which is the best for me. So far the Agera is less left for sure but Tensei White feels a little more active which is good as long as it doesn't go left which is hasn't so far. Time will tell but have to say Mitsubishi did a great job with the Tensei series, I highly recommend people give it a try.

Edel PROTO

Very nice write-up. You're really getting the best of both worlds with the M2. Top end distance, and some forgiveness for the off days. Great stuff.

Are you playing it at std loft?

I just hit mine for the first time tonight, and it's promising. Certainly showed enough to earn a battlefield promotion to the bag for a trial period.

Thanks for the detailed write up. I agree that the only real place to test clubs is on the course. Monitors can get you close, but I like to put them side by side.

Right now, I have a G LS and M2. I have spent some time dialing in the shaft on the G LS, but not so much on the M2. I agree that the sound and feel of the M2 are FAR better than the G LS.

Well, your post here has caused me to put some more time into dialing in my M2. I have a couple pf Veylix shafts here, an Alpina and a Rome. Between one of those, I bet I can find one that will suit the M2. The G LS has an Accra CS1 that is just made for that head. It's like magic!

Very nice write-up. You're really getting the best of both worlds with the M2. Top end distance, and some forgiveness for the off days. Great stuff.

Are you playing it at std loft?

I just hit mine for the first time tonight, and it's promising. Certainly showed enough to earn a battlefield promotion to the bag for a trial period.

Yes standard setting right now (hotmelt was about 3-4g in the toe just FYI)

Thanks for the detailed write up. I agree that the only real place to test clubs is on the course. Monitors can get you close, but I like to put them side by side.

Right now, I have a G LS and M2. I have spent some time dialing in the shaft on the G LS, but not so much on the M2. I agree that the sound and feel of the M2 are FAR better than the G LS.

Well, your post here has caused me to put some more time into dialing in my M2. I have a couple pf Veylix shafts here, an Alpina and a Rome. Between one of those, I bet I can find one that will suit the M2. The G LS has an Accra CS1 that is just made for that head. It's like magic!

Accra CS1 is a great shaft and actually one that fit me well on trackman. The trouble I ran into with the G LS was when I went at it hard it over spun a bit. I'm sure I could have dialed it in more buy adding melt to the face and a lighter weight in the back but I don't have a tour van handy in my house and only have so much time to toy around :D

Thanks for the test! Cool stuff and a really practical test with actual information to back it up, too! Glad you found your club. :-)

Except, hey, what's this spoken with venom "It's a PING" all about?! :angry22: :D

I use LM's like flightscope and GC2, sometimes trackman but once you have a good idea of what works it's time to head to the tee and see how it performs. And hey I love Ping drivers especially the G30/G series but they aren't the most acoustically appealing :D Thank god for hotmelt lol

Edel PROTO

I believe you had the KK XT for a while earlier, what are your thoughts on the difference between it and the Tensei Pro White?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Ugg taylormade

I know but they make a good driver, damn them! I was gonna try out the GBB but I'll wait for the new Cally lineup as they have some special things coming :D

I believe you had the KK XT for a while earlier, what are your thoughts on the difference between it and the Tensei Pro White?

I did but it didn't beat out the Agera for me. The XT was very very simliar to the Agera but dispersion wasn't as tight but I could easily have played it and been fine. Tensei Pro White feels a little more active then both while maintaining a low spin profile. I typically like shafts that are firmer as they stay with my swing (aggressive transition) and I don't feel like I have to try and time a "kick".

Edel PROTO

Ugg taylormade

I know but they make a good driver, damn them! I was gonna try out the GBB but I'll wait for the new Cally lineup as they have some special things coming :D

I did but it didn't beat out the Agera for me. The XT was very very simliar to the Agera but dispersion wasn't as tight but I could easily have played it and been fine. Tensei Pro White feels a little more active then both while maintaining a low spin profile. I typically like shafts that are firmer as they stay with my swing (aggressive transition) and I don't feel like I have to try and time a "kick".

How can you be so unloyal to the driver that won you the club championship. Damn, if I won I would have bought a spare as a backup. Karma golf is full of good and bad

Ugg taylormade

How can you be so unloyal to the driver that won you the club championship. Damn, if I won I would have bought a spare as a backup. Karma golf is full of good and bad

You mean disloyal ? Like I said at the start I got bored and wanted to see if anything out there was better for me. Well I found something more forgiving and giving me better carry. Win/win

Edel PROTO

Great writeup!! What's the swingweight of your M2 and how much hotmelt did you add? That sounds like a beastly combo right there.

I need to get another M2 with a little more loft and need to add some hotmelt, with the Tensei White 70 TX I picked up the swingweight is way too light.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Great writeup!! What's the swingweight of your M2 and how much hotmelt did you add? That sounds like a beastly combo right there.

I need to get another M2 with a little more loft and need to add some hotmelt, with the Tensei White 70 TX I picked up the swingweight is way too light.

Yeah whether they mean to be or not th Tensei Whites have to be counterbalanced. I added around 5-6g I think and have the rear weight 4g. Weight of m2's varies so much it's crazy. I had a retail head which I measured and it was 6gs heavier and that was with a 2g weight in the rear.

Edel PROTO

Fairway wood trials coming soon?

816 still in?

Yeah messing with the M2 vs 816 Alpha now. Actually had them out yesterday battling it out. Need a round or two more but they both have their strengths. . :D

Edel PROTO

Ugg taylormade

You mean disloyal ? Like I said at the start I got bored and wanted to see if anything out there was better for me. Well I found something more forgiving and giving me better carry. Win/win

good movie

Yeah whether they mean to be or not th Tensei Whites have to be counterbalanced. I added around 5-6g I think and have the rear weight 4g. Weight of m2's varies so much it's crazy. I had a retail head which I measured and it was 6gs heavier and that was with a 2g weight in the rear.

That's a crazy big difference!

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I bought a set of weights for my M2. It was a real SOB to get the stock weight out, as it immediately stripped with one turn of the included wrench. I had to dremel a channel all the way across the weight so I could use a flat-head screw driver. I changed to a 6g (I think) and it stripped when putting it IN the head!? FUDGE!!!!

The weight feels better, but I think I like a heavier head weight than stock. I may have to send it off to get hotmelt added or something.

Right now, I keep flipping between my current 4 wood and the M1 3HL 16.5*, which is like a rocket launcher. It goes nearly as far as my driver! I have not hit the M2 fairway yet, but are they considered more forgiving than the M1 fairways?

I bought a set of weights for my M2. It was a real SOB to get the stock weight out, as it immediately stripped with one turn of the included wrench. I had to dremel a channel all the way across the weight so I could use a flat-head screw driver. I changed to a 6g (I think) and it stripped when putting it IN the head!? FUDGE!!!!

The weight feels better, but I think I like a heavier head weight than stock. I may have to send it off to get hotmelt added or something.

Right now, I keep flipping between my current 4 wood and the M1 3HL 16.5*, which is like a rocket launcher. It goes nearly as far as my driver! I have not hit the M2 fairway yet, but are they considered more forgiving than the M1 fairways?

The m2 weight has a little loctite if you just hit the weight with a heat gun for about 15 seconds it would come out with no problem. Dremeling a channel sounds like a nightmare haha. I'm not sure on forgiveness of the fwy woods but I'm sure it's designed to be more forgiving yes.

Edel PROTO

The m2 weight has a little loctite if you just hit the weight with a heat gun for about 15 seconds it would come out with no problem. Dremeling a channel sounds like a nightmare haha. I'm not sure on forgiveness of the fwy woods but I'm sure it's designed to be more forgiving yes.

Yeah, it was a bit of a PITA. I'll hit it with a heat gun next time. Thanks for the hint!

I'm glad that I came across this thread and more specifically, your testing of the M2 vs M1 430 8.5. I have an M2 that I have been hitting better than any driver yet the "wandering golfwrx eye" has been tempting me to try out an M1 430 8.5 to see how that would compare. It seems that what I observed visually in terms of the lowish spin + excellent carry in my own drives was similar to what you observed in your testing. Thanks for the insights.

I'm glad that I came across this thread and more specifically, your testing of the M2 vs M1 430 8.5. I have an M2 that I have been hitting better than any driver yet the "wandering golfwrx eye" has been tempting me to try out an M1 430 8.5 to see how that would compare. It seems that what I observed visually in terms of the lowish spin + excellent carry in my own drives was similar to what you observed in your testing. Thanks for the insights.

The wandering eye is a dangerous and expensive thing. Glad to help honestly the m1 430 8.5 head wasnt' spinning enough for me but what a great looking head. M2 is giving me killer results so I'd say stick with it and have fun. Maybe play around with some shafts.

Edel PROTO

The wandering eye is a dangerous and expensive thing. Glad to help honestly the m1 430 8.5 head wasnt' spinning enough for me but what a great looking head. M2 is giving me killer results so I'd say stick with it and have fun. Maybe play around with some shafts.

Did you try a 430 9.5 head? Curious how that would have compared to the m2. The m1 460 vs m2 produced similar results for me as what you encountered.

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM