2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Jack Nicklaus with Miura irons at the 2014 PNC Father/Son Challenge

GolfWRX

Nicklaus golf clubs are done, eh? Some part of me is secretly happy about this, because I always wanted to see JN with something a little more...uber. Like those Miura's.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point in time Nicklaus Golf made some quality golf clubs, they just never really gained the market share needed to sustain themselves. I played the Airmax driver for awhile, it was a quality stick. The blades were very similar to the old Mac's Jack played in his hay day, at at least at address, and the wedges were very playable.

This seems like a good partnership, I am sure Miura will design a set of clubs in tribute to Jack that will be of very high quality.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Nicklaus and Miura...All the planets have finally lined up!

Srixon ZX5 LS 9.5* Hzrdus Gen 4 Black S

Sim 2 Titanium 15* Kura Kage Silver TiNi S 
Sim 2 Titanium 18* Kura Kage Silver Tini S
Srixon ZX 22* Graphite Design AD DI 75 S
Srixon ZX5 MkII, 5-6, C-Taper Lite S

Srixon ZX7 MkII, 7-PW, C-Taper Lite S
Cleveland RTX6 "Raw Tour Rack" 48*, 54*, 58* Dynamic Gold S400
Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS
Hdcp 2.1

Srixon Staff Member

Was he using the Nicklaus golf ball that he sells on his website? I have been curious about these....

PING G410 LST 9° Ping Tour 65 S

PING Tisi Tec 14° Fairway Aldila 350 S

Cobra Aerojet Hybrid 19° KBS PGI S

PING iCrossover 22° Ping Tour 85 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Pro 5-G DG 105 S

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52° DG Spinner 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 58° DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='Nicklaus86' timestamp='1418586311' post='10592537']
Could you see what shafts? Maltbie mentioned on the broadcast they were new shafts and he looked at them on the range and they said R, but Jack quickly mentioned they weren't really regulars :taunt:
[/quote]

And the jeans I am wearing Have 42 on the waist but they're really not 42.

Japanese to English translation of the Nicklaus/Miura visit:

[b]◆ Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us ◆[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]The other day, our both "best ever golfer" Mr. referred Jack Nicklaus has been visit us![/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Speaking of Mr. Jack Nicklaus, is subjected to active in the 1990s from the 1960s by fluttering blonde trade mark, for example, achieve major total 18 wins (the former first place) in overwhelming strength, it was met with a number of brilliant achievements Needless to say it is a golf community of emperor.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Why ... Mr. its Jack Nicklaus is to Miura Giken?[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]The visit reason ...?[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Over Unfortunately, now I'm not able to still tell the detail,[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]Also, I think if you can tell at a later date.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us with the number people who with you.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]Including our chairman, Greetings shakes hands with President and Executive Director.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]Again aura of Emperor even superimposed age was alive and well.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Chat and of then, over lunch at the second floor our company.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]I bloom in club stories discussions around a Jack Nicklaus's caddy bag.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Then, the tour along the production process in the our factory in order to get the touch to Japan's manufacturing.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]So, a very rare event is ...[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]In the description the polishing process, Jack Nicklaus Mr. person who had seen the polishing work of our president, offered a "I also want to polish" in the manner of curious, and polishing the sole portion.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Last to baton to chairman, word while watching the head the finished carefully.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]"Perfect!"[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Everyone who was in situ such two people exchange, was I have Mii~tsu shining eyes.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Then, around on until the color putting the final step, the I was to tell as much as possible pride and commitment of technology and our craftsmen Manufacturing of Japan.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]From the last Mr. Jack Nicklaus[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]"The splendor of Japanese technology and was able to feel all in the tour of today"[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]"Worry for the Manufacturing of MIURA is no longer any"[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Also received impressions that,[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]MADE IN JAPAN it was possible to re-confirm the advantage of being, and now it is more valuable day of things to get even for us.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Jack Nicklaus said, Thank you for your visit![/b][color=#444444] [/color][b]![/b]

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1418655728' post='10595545']
Nicklaus golf clubs are done, eh? Some part of me is secretly happy about this, because I always wanted to see JN with something a little more...uber. Like those Miura's.
[/quote]
I don't think they're totally done, but they're probably still in the entry level part of golf. That being said, I only saw it as him wanting a cavity to make his game, just a bit easier. Maybe that's too simplistic, but that's how I see it.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1418742195' post='10600509']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1418655728' post='10595545']
[/quote]
I don't think they're totally done, but they're probably still in the entry level part of golf. That being said, I only saw it as him wanting a cavity to make his game, just a bit easier. Maybe that's too simplistic, but that's how I see it.
[/quote]

They are only available in the Japanese market and very limited. Any "beginner" type merchandise is old stock.

[quote name='chipaputt' timestamp='1418741989' post='10600491']
Japanese to English translation of the Nicklaus/Miura visit:

[b]◆ Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us ◆[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]The other day, our both "best ever golfer" Mr. referred Jack Nicklaus has been visit us![/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Speaking of Mr. Jack Nicklaus, is subjected to active in the 1990s from the 1960s by fluttering blonde trade mark, for example, achieve major total 18 wins (the former first place) in overwhelming strength, it was met with a number of brilliant achievements Needless to say it is a golf community of emperor.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Why ... Mr. its Jack Nicklaus is to Miura Giken?[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]The visit reason ...?[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Over Unfortunately, now I'm not able to still tell the detail,[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]Also, I think if you can tell at a later date.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us with the number people who with you.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]Including our chairman, Greetings shakes hands with President and Executive Director.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]Again aura of Emperor even superimposed age was alive and well.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Chat and of then, over lunch at the second floor our company.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]I bloom in club stories discussions around a Jack Nicklaus's caddy bag.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Then, the tour along the production process in the our factory in order to get the touch to Japan's manufacturing.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]So, a very rare event is ...[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]In the description the polishing process, Jack Nicklaus Mr. person who had seen the polishing work of our president, offered a "I also want to polish" in the manner of curious, and polishing the sole portion.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Last to baton to chairman, word while watching the head the finished carefully.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]"Perfect!"[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Everyone who was in situ such two people exchange, was I have Mii~tsu shining eyes.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Then, around on until the color putting the final step, the I was to tell as much as possible pride and commitment of technology and our craftsmen Manufacturing of Japan.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]From the last Mr. Jack Nicklaus[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]"The splendor of Japanese technology and was able to feel all in the tour of today"[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]"Worry for the Manufacturing of MIURA is no longer any"[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Also received impressions that,[/b][color=#444444] [/color]
[b]MADE IN JAPAN it was possible to re-confirm the advantage of being, and now it is more valuable day of things to get even for us.[/b][color=#444444] [/color]

[b]Jack Nicklaus said, Thank you for your visit![/b][color=#444444] [/color][b]![/b]
[/quote]

Jack has the aura of an emperor

If I decide to get a set of Miuras I'll get fitted but for the hell of it to test the pricing waters who sells them so I can get an idea?

I think I read 4-PW is around 1600-1700 with most shafts.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='mocokid' timestamp='1418844355' post='10607987']
Was he carrying 4 or 3 iron?, what was longest iron in bag? can't tell from the pix.
[/quote]

There were eight irons in the bag and only one traditional wedge. I suspect it was a 4-GW make up, the gap wedge being 50*...which would be inline with the specs he played throughout his career (17* one iron/20* two iron, etc all the way to 50* PW, then a 55-57* sand wedge). If you ever get a chance to see the Shell's WWG match with Gary Player at Sunningdale in 2000...Jack was still swatting a two iron 225 yards at the age of 60! He shot 66 in that match and hit all three par fives in two. The irons that Jack played while repping his club company were custom made from a batch of MacGregor Tourney blanks that they milled to look like his companies' commercial irons...until they brought out the JNP which was a copy of the Muirfield 20th from MacGregor.

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

I'll ask again..... Does anyone reccomend a dealer for Miura?

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1419045719' post='10619509']
[/quote]I think Joe Kwok is a Miura dealer, I'm sure they have a list of dealers on their USA website too.

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1419045719' post='10619509']
[/quote]

I typed in google.com, searched for Muira Golf Dealers, and got this...
[url="https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=miura+golf+dealers+usa"]https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=miura+golf+dealers+usa[/url]

Thanks guys.... I did the Google search thing and found some but rolling the dice on such a big ticket item I was seeing if anyone had 1st hand experience with any Miura dealers.

One on-line dealer is quoting 1600-1700 ( Pre-Paid ) with most shaft options and others 3-5 hundred more.

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1419094796' post='10621005']
Thanks guys.... I did the Google search thing and found some but rolling the dice on such a big ticket item I was seeing if anyone had 1st hand experience with any Miura dealers.

One on-line dealer is quoting 1600-1700 ( Pre-Paid ) with most shaft options and others 3-5 hundred more.
[/quote]Best to go to your nearest Miura dealer for optimal results. May have to travel a bit, but it's not a frequent thing. Best to invest time and research when finding your ideal Miura setup. I wouldn't order based on current specs or other fittings. Miura heads are weighted different and spec differently with certain shafts vs your mass marketed gear. Best to deal with your Miura rep in person to get your optimal invested results.

@therealping

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1419098002' post='10621199']
[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1419094796' post='10621005']

[/quote]Best to go to your nearest Miura dealer for optimal results. May have to travel a bit, but it's not a frequent thing. Best to invest time and research when finding your ideal Miura setup. I wouldn't order based on current specs or other fittings. Miura heads are weighted different and spec differently with certain shafts vs your mass marketed gear. Best to deal with your Miura rep in person to get your optimal invested results.
[/quote]

Fot the premium price they demand I agree with you.

Thanks

Titleist Pro V1x

This is probably the first time since about 1959 or 1960 that Jack has played something other than a MacGregor iron....

He started his professional career with a set of MacGregor irons and never put them down. From 1967 until last year, he hit the VIP / Muirfield or some kind of variant (N1 forged heads from late 1990s and more recently the JNP musclebacks).

If they are good enough for Jack, they should be good enough for the rest of us.