Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @"Joe S" said:

> > > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > > > @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > > > Proismes are very similar to the TN87 or Macgregor R58 you have. Long irons look like razor wire. Rewarding to hit solid.

> > > >

> > > > I’ll take a few pics tonight

> > >

> > > Thanks, much appreciated.

> >

> > Do you guys have any back ground information on the MacGregor R58's and R68's? Was it ever confirmed who forged them? What years were they manufactured, specs, etc...? Thanks.

>

> The r58s apparently came out in 1991, from what I can remember from my research into them. The PW was 50* going down to a 20* 2i. Being Macs, there was probably a 5* gap in the standard lofts between the PW and 9i, and maybe the 9i and the 8i, then generally 4* after that. Maybe 3* in the long irons. In the set I have, the PW certainly plays as a 50* wedge.

> Don't know anything about the 68s.

> As for the Miura forging, well, it's rumoured the 58s were, but I don't know. What I do know is that they are sweet and very playable. The FM 6.5s in mine are a bit on the stiff side for me, but they are otherwise fine irons. A set 1/4" longer and with FM6.0s would be great.

> One last thing, don't bother with the r58 sand wedge. It is the spawn of Satan.

Thanks. That's good info. I just bought a set of R68's and they feel very unique. I'm not sure if it's because of the design or if there is some magic in the forging. Shot's off the middle feel incredibly soft and somehow even mishits have a great feel, even though you can tell they weren't what you wanted. I assumed that these and the R58's came out around the same time do to the similarities in graphics and finish.

> Interesting to see that the TW-X irons aren't being released in Japan (yet?). I think it's the same as the TW-U forged, which is available in Japan in the 2~5 irons. I had the 3i and it was pretty nice, certainly one of the better feeling driving irons out there. However, I got better results with their previous model, which I probably should have kept hold of.

> Incidentally, I really dislike their latest DI. Long face and crappy feel.

Over the last few days, I have been scouring looking for purchasing options. Not seeing any on the east Asia side. Seeing them sold at quite a few places here in NA. My local PGA super store has quite a few sets in stock.

Their latest Di is incredibly ugly. It's not even an option in the US, it may only be an east Asia product.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

> @"Joe S" said:

> > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > > @"Joe S" said:

> > > > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > > > > @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > > > > Proismes are very similar to the TN87 or Macgregor R58 you have. Long irons look like razor wire. Rewarding to hit solid.

> > > > >

> > > > > I’ll take a few pics tonight

> > > >

> > > > Thanks, much appreciated.

> > >

> > > Do you guys have any back ground information on the MacGregor R58's and R68's? Was it ever confirmed who forged them? What years were they manufactured, specs, etc...? Thanks.

> >

> > The r58s apparently came out in 1991, from what I can remember from my research into them. The PW was 50* going down to a 20* 2i. Being Macs, there was probably a 5* gap in the standard lofts between the PW and 9i, and maybe the 9i and the 8i, then generally 4* after that. Maybe 3* in the long irons. In the set I have, the PW certainly plays as a 50* wedge.

> > Don't know anything about the 68s.

> > As for the Miura forging, well, it's rumoured the 58s were, but I don't know. What I do know is that they are sweet and very playable. The FM 6.5s in mine are a bit on the stiff side for me, but they are otherwise fine irons. A set 1/4" longer and with FM6.0s would be great.

> > One last thing, don't bother with the r58 sand wedge. It is the spawn of Satan.

>

> Thanks. That's good info. I just bought a set of R68's and they feel very unique. I'm not sure if it's because of the design or if there is some magic in the forging. Shot's off the middle feel incredibly soft and somehow even mishits have a great feel, even though you can tell they weren't what you wanted. I assumed that these and the R58's came out around the same time do to the similarities in graphics and finish.

Found some info on the R68s. They apparently came out in 1988. The flange on the sole was to lower the CoG.

PW: 48* (61* lie angle, which is pretty flat).

3i: 21* (56* lie angle!)

You can find the specs on the link below. The numbers are loft, lie angle, shaft length.

[https://ameblo.jp/macgregor1897/entry-11514683490.html](https://ameblo.jp/macgregor1897/entry-11514683490.html "https://ameblo.jp/macgregor1897/entry-11514683490.html")

Those are crazy flat specs. My 2 iron is only a little flatter than that PW

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @Kingcat990 said:

> I've been doing a couple of iron fittings as of late, and am pretty taken back how many of the new "forgiving" CB's are noticeably more unforgiving compared to their "advanced" counterparts. My miss is commonly fat. Some CB's are more terrible than blades with that.

>

> Following this, the new Blueprints are pretty nice, the Rose protos are nice, and the new Wilsons are nice. Got the best results with TW-X and IC-601. Which neither are blades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They're faux.

Really like the looks of the Rose Proto's. I could own those.

> @Nard_S said:

> > @Kingcat990 said:

> > I've been doing a couple of iron fittings as of late, and am pretty taken back how many of the new "forgiving" CB's are noticeably more unforgiving compared to their "advanced" counterparts. My miss is commonly fat. Some CB's are more terrible than blades with that.

> >

> > Following this, the new Blueprints are pretty nice, the Rose protos are nice, and the new Wilsons are nice. Got the best results with TW-X and IC-601. Which neither are blades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They're faux.

> Really like the looks of the Rose Proto's. I could own those.

They're awesome. I really liked them. Fitter said a lot of folks really liked them as well. The cut on the muscle aesthetically bothers me. Frivolous though :D

> @Kingcat990 said:

> > @Nard_S said:

> > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > I've been doing a couple of iron fittings as of late, and am pretty taken back how many of the new "forgiving" CB's are noticeably more unforgiving compared to their "advanced" counterparts. My miss is commonly fat. Some CB's are more terrible than blades with that.

> > >

> > > Following this, the new Blueprints are pretty nice, the Rose protos are nice, and the new Wilsons are nice. Got the best results with TW-X and IC-601. Which neither are blades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They're faux.

> > Really like the looks of the Rose Proto's. I could own those.

>

> They're awesome. I really liked them. Fitter said a lot of folks really liked them as well. The cut on the muscle aesthetically bothers me. Frivolous though :D

Agree. The muscle is a bit "busy". Less stamping may have helped too but I like the placement of junk nonetheless. Classic heel bias it appears. Pretty sticks from sole to hosel. They can be had at relative cheap compared to TW P7's or Blueprints. Just put an offer in on Titleist T's that were for much more. Hah, maybe not a bad way to mitigate the rejection. :)

> @Nard_S said:

> > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > > I've been doing a couple of iron fittings as of late, and am pretty taken back how many of the new "forgiving" CB's are noticeably more unforgiving compared to their "advanced" counterparts. My miss is commonly fat. Some CB's are more terrible than blades with that.

> > > >

> > > > Following this, the new Blueprints are pretty nice, the Rose protos are nice, and the new Wilsons are nice. Got the best results with TW-X and IC-601. Which neither are blades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They're faux.

> > > Really like the looks of the Rose Proto's. I could own those.

> >

> > They're awesome. I really liked them. Fitter said a lot of folks really liked them as well. The cut on the muscle aesthetically bothers me. Frivolous though :D

>

> Agree. The muscle is a bit "busy". Less stamping may have helped too but I like the placement of junk nonetheless. Classic heel bias it appears. Pretty sticks from sole to hosel. They can be had at relative cheap compared to TW P7's or Blueprints. Just put an offer in on Titleist T's that were for much more. Hah, maybe not a bad way to mitigate the rejection. :)

What a crossroads to be at. Is your Titleist approach still ongoing, or did the auction end? I don't understand why the blueprints are so expensive. They were fairly mediocre to me. Thought the Cobras were underrated.

Man, keep us posted on those T's if that auction is still going.

> @Kingcat990 said:

> > @Nard_S said:

> > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > > > I've been doing a couple of iron fittings as of late, and am pretty taken back how many of the new "forgiving" CB's are noticeably more unforgiving compared to their "advanced" counterparts. My miss is commonly fat. Some CB's are more terrible than blades with that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Following this, the new Blueprints are pretty nice, the Rose protos are nice, and the new Wilsons are nice. Got the best results with TW-X and IC-601. Which neither are blades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They're faux.

> > > > Really like the looks of the Rose Proto's. I could own those.

> > >

> > > They're awesome. I really liked them. Fitter said a lot of folks really liked them as well. The cut on the muscle aesthetically bothers me. Frivolous though :D

> >

> > Agree. The muscle is a bit "busy". Less stamping may have helped too but I like the placement of junk nonetheless. Classic heel bias it appears. Pretty sticks from sole to hosel. They can be had at relative cheap compared to TW P7's or Blueprints. Just put an offer in on Titleist T's that were for much more. Hah, maybe not a bad way to mitigate the rejection. :)

>

> What a crossroads to be at. Is your Titleist approach still ongoing, or did the auction end? I don't understand why the blueprints are so expensive. They were fairly mediocre to me. Thought the Cobras were underrated.

>

> Man, keep us posted on those T's if that auction is still going.

Ah, I put in an offer for what I believe is fair value, not what sellers are thinking these days, so really doubt it gets accepted but guys asking $3K for them? Come on. Especially with the TW P7 available?

I did not even ask, but what if any can you equate the Rose sticks to in terms of feel and performance? My assumption is, blades perform more or less close to each other if the shaft configuration and setup of specs are similar, though it may not completely true.

Agree on Cobra being under rated and always felt that way. Still carry KC #5 from '97 and the Norman's from early 90's are spectacular irons and always heard their recent blades are done real well.

> @Nard_S said:

> > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > > > > I've been doing a couple of iron fittings as of late, and am pretty taken back how many of the new "forgiving" CB's are noticeably more unforgiving compared to their "advanced" counterparts. My miss is commonly fat. Some CB's are more terrible than blades with that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Following this, the new Blueprints are pretty nice, the Rose protos are nice, and the new Wilsons are nice. Got the best results with TW-X and IC-601. Which neither are blades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They're faux.

> > > > > Really like the looks of the Rose Proto's. I could own those.

> > > >

> > > > They're awesome. I really liked them. Fitter said a lot of folks really liked them as well. The cut on the muscle aesthetically bothers me. Frivolous though :D

> > >

> > > Agree. The muscle is a bit "busy". Less stamping may have helped too but I like the placement of junk nonetheless. Classic heel bias it appears. Pretty sticks from sole to hosel. They can be had at relative cheap compared to TW P7's or Blueprints. Just put an offer in on Titleist T's that were for much more. Hah, maybe not a bad way to mitigate the rejection. :)

> >

> > What a crossroads to be at. Is your Titleist approach still ongoing, or did the auction end? I don't understand why the blueprints are so expensive. They were fairly mediocre to me. Thought the Cobras were underrated.

> >

> > Man, keep us posted on those T's if that auction is still going.

>

> Ah, I put in an offer for what I believe is fair value, not what sellers are thinking these days, so really doubt it gets accepted but guys asking $3K for them? Come on. Especially with the TW P7 available?

> I did not even ask, but what if any can you equate the Rose sticks to in terms of feel and performance? My assumption is, blades perform more or less close to each other if the shaft configuration and setup of specs are similar, though it may not completely true.

> Agree on Cobra being under rated and always felt that way. Still carry KC #5 from '97 and the Norman's from early 90's are spectacular irons and always heard their recent blades are done real well.

I could literally not tell a difference between the Rose edition and the 727M. All things equal, once the shaft weight was selected (115/120g), they were all fairly similar. It came down to sound and appearances to me. Appearance wise, the protos were great. The ball didn't "explode" off the face like with others. But they definitely felt like you could control them very easily. The balls I used were pretty well used, and it was off of a mat, so I am pretty skeptical of the overall results. It was nice to just sample some different shaft/weights, along with the new offerings. Like I said, numbers wise the hollow faux irons produced the better results. Forged blade wise, the cobras, wilsons and protos performed really well. They sound really great too. Both of them felt mushy. The IC601's are easier to look down at than the TW-X. The 601's have like no bounce either which struck me as really strange. They look like a really fat MacGregor, whereas the TW-X have loads of bounce and are significantly more round. Without hitting any off some grass, I couldn't pick one over the other.

Blades wise, I would lean to the new Cobras/Protos. I can't stand Wilsons mirror chrome. Performed great otherwise. Much denser feel.

Had one of those nearly rounds on Sunday - shot an 82 with a 7 and an 8 on the card, and lipped out 5 or 6 times - including twice on the hole I scored 7, once from 30 feet, then again from the return putt 4 feet away. Was hitting the putts fine, just wasn't getting the breaks.

Then got to the 18th, 155 yard Par 3 that was playing downwind. Pulled my 9 iron, saw it land 6 feet in front of the pin on the fringe, chased up towards the hole and..... Lipped out.

Never had an ace before, so there was much swearing. Sank the putt and made some cash in the 2s comp however, so not all bad. Plus hit a couple of 290 yard 3 woods with a bit of wind assist and a draw. Lovely.

• Like 1

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

> What are you using and is your ball flight always really high?

>

My ball flughg started off pretty low to mid but has started to get higher lately and I’m not changing ball position or angle of attack, but I have been working out lately and my clubs have been feeling light lately

> @PReardon said:

> > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > What are you using and is your ball flight always really high?

> >

> My ball flughg started off pretty low to mid but has started to get higher lately and I’m not changing ball position or angle of attack, but I have been working out lately and my clubs have been feeling light lately

>

May sound daft, but the ability to maintain good forearm rotation can effect ball flight. When you lift weights , tightening of arm muscles can effect release and down plane by restricting that flow. I'm finding a much better down plane just by using more effective forearm rotation. Ball launches lower and apexes higher with more speed. Pumping iron is fine but maintaining supple arms is important in the golf swing.

Got to hit the Ping Blue Print & i500 today. Was at the range and Ping rep showed up. Both are quite good. The BP is FG 59 compact, has good feed back and not super difficult to hit. The i500 was better than I expected, decent feeling club and long. 175y w/7i was easy to do. The BP is pretty nice offering from the godfather of GI. Never thought I would see anything like this from them.

• Like 1

Played in a qualifying round today and played awful, course was the hardest I’ve ever played and was quick too. A wedge wouldn’t spin back at all and the highest qualifying score was +1 and I shot + 9 and had 7 pars but 6 bogeys and a double and 3 triples but ball striking was good. I did the forearm rotation thing and it helped me a lot because it gave me a more piercing flight and the ball was slowly rising up then drawing so I really can’t complain about my score but couldn’t make a putt. I struck the ball so well today and I’ve been striking it great so I might move down to something more compact than my mp18 mmc.

> @Nard_S said:

> Got to hit the Ping Blue Print & i500 today. Was at the range and Ping rep showed up. Both are quite good. The BP is FG 59 compact, has good feed back and not super difficult to hit. The i500 was better than I expected, decent feeling club and long. 175y w/7i was easy to do. The BP is pretty nice offering from the godfather of GI. Never thought I would see anything like this from them.

I hit them recently as well and the Blueprint certainly impressed me enough to make me consider picking up a set

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

> @craz-e said:

> > @Nard_S said:

> > Got to hit the Ping Blue Print & i500 today. Was at the range and Ping rep showed up. Both are quite good. The BP is FG 59 compact, has good feed back and not super difficult to hit. The i500 was better than I expected, decent feeling club and long. 175y w/7i was easy to do. The BP is pretty nice offering from the godfather of GI. Never thought I would see anything like this from them.

>

> I hit them recently as well and the Blueprint certainly impressed me enough to make me consider picking up a set

If you want to start a go-fund-me, I'll support you. These manufacturers are getting ridiculous as of late. Can't tell me there is $500 worth of tarrifs on 2,000g of alloy from last year.

• Like 1

> @Kingcat990 said:

> > @craz-e said:

> > > @Nard_S said:

> > > Got to hit the Ping Blue Print & i500 today. Was at the range and Ping rep showed up. Both are quite good. The BP is FG 59 compact, has good feed back and not super difficult to hit. The i500 was better than I expected, decent feeling club and long. 175y w/7i was easy to do. The BP is pretty nice offering from the godfather of GI. Never thought I would see anything like this from them.

> >

> > I hit them recently as well and the Blueprint certainly impressed me enough to make me consider picking up a set

>

> If you want to start a go-fund-me, I'll support you. These manufacturers are getting ridiculous as of late. Can't tell me there is $500 worth of tarrifs on 2,000g of alloy from last year.

LOL

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

Played 9 holes today with persimmon and blades. I was bagging some Mizuno ANGC irons from, I think, 1987, that I reshafted with S400 shafts.

The swing wasn't great today, and I was pretty inconsistent, mostly going from very bad to very good, with not much in between. Shot 44, with one OB. Putting was atrocious; 21 putts over 9 holes with the two highlights being a three-putt from 6 ft and a missed birdie putt from within 3ft.

However, today I have the best excuse ever for my poor score. I was taking my daughter out for her first ever round, so was more focussed on her than my own golf. She hit some decent shots, but her putting promises to be even worse than mine. What have I done!? Anyway, she enjoyed it and wants to go again, so it's all good.

Unfortunately, as I was in a rush to get away, I forgot to take my camera AND mobile phone, so I have no pictures of her first day on the course.

Hopefully the first of many.

• Like 2

It's all marketing> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> Played 9 holes today with persimmon and blades. I was bagging some Mizuno ANGC irons from, I think, 1987, that I reshafted with S400 shafts.

> The swing wasn't great today, and I was pretty inconsistent, mostly going from very bad to very good, with not much in between. Shot 44, with one OB. Putting was atrocious; 21 putts over 9 holes with the two highlights being a three-putt from 6 ft and a missed birdie putt from within 3ft.

>

> However, today I have the best excuse ever for my poor score. I was taking my daughter out for her first ever round, so was more focussed on her than my own golf. She hit some decent shots, but her putting promises to be even worse than mine. What have I done!? Anyway, she enjoyed it and wants to go again, so it's all good.

> Unfortunately, as I was in a rush to get away, I forgot to take my camera AND mobile phone, so I have no pictures of her first day on the course.

> Hopefully the first of many.

>

That's what it's all about. I really want my daughters to get into golf - but that's a long way away. Sounds like a great day to play a traditional set up too.

I haven't really touched a club since my last game. But, I have been looking for a new (or decent condition used) 52. There are a heck of a lot of options out there right now. Picked up an old Tourstage TW01 forged 52, just because. And, the new Cleveland forged RTX4 are looking might nice. Nicer than the new Mizuno Craft and a hair nicer than Bridgestone's current offerings.

She's not vastly into practising, but she did enjoy being on the course. Putting didn't seem to interest her much. I'm trying to get her grip and setup correct, then leave the rest to her, but she pretty much does her own thing.

As for wedges, I've been looking at a few options recently. Like you, I was impressed with the RTX4 Forged, and the price is attractive too, especially compared to the Mizuno Craft and Bridgestone Custom wedge. I really like the Bridgestone custom model, but it's around 25,000 yen for one, so getting three or four is not really realistic.

Another one I quite like is Fourteen's FH V1 wedge, though it seems to sit a touch closed to me. Golf Partner offered me a good deal on brand new FH V1s, something like 14,000 yen each with a trade-in (and get money from the trade-in).

Couple of things I think I know after the last 3 weeks when I gave up my Srixon Z945's for some Z765's.

1. I miss my Z945's

2. I am smitten with the BP's but not so much with the price. Having said that I am sure I will have to give them a go at some point and the new Titleist CB that is coming looks very functional to me.

3. I am excited to have found a great deal on some new Z Forged blades and they will be here Monday.

4. I have not broken 79 since the Z945's left :-(.

5. My iron distances have been everywhere since the Z945's left.

I have hit multiple sets the last few weeks and I struggle with anything that is the least bit wide in the sole. I know it is a me issue and likely because I am too steep but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

> @rxk9fan said:

> Couple of things I think I know after the last 3 weeks when I gave up my Srixon Z945's for some Z765's.

> 1. I miss my Z945's

> 2. I am smitten with the BP's but not so much with the price. Having said that I am sure I will have to give them a go at some point and the new Titleist CB that is coming looks very functional to me.

> 3. I am excited to have found a great deal on some new Z Forged blades and they will be here Monday.

> 4. I have not broken 79 since the Z945's left :-(.

> 5. My iron distances have been everywhere since the Z945's left.

>

> I have hit multiple sets the last few weeks and I struggle with anything that is the least bit wide in the sole. I know it is a me issue and likely because I am too steep but it is what it is.

I had a nice range session tonight. Brought the MR23 and Some Mizuno MS203. Going to be tough to kick out the MR23. They've got everything going for them at the moment. Little off-set, thin top line, no very long heel to toe and they feel and perform great. The 203 are also nice, but just too inconsistent in the long irons. Hit 2/3 well, where with the MR23 it's more like 5/6.

As far as the wedges, nothing got me all that excited except for the Bridgestone and the Cleveland. I was reading I could special order some raw RTX forged for an extra $40. That would still put them well under the Vokey 'forged' or any of the other big names. And they look and feel as good if not better. Gonna be interesting times ahead. After wedges I am going to settle on a new driver. I miss my 915 D3. It wasn't the most flashy club, but it did just about everything I asked. The Bridgestone in my bag right now is just alright.

It feels like Fourteen golf is slowly fading as a golf manufacturer. I am seeing less and less of their equipment, and it doesn't appear they are producing MB's any longer. Seems like they are producing a plethora of GI CB's and players CB's. Are you guys in Japan seeing anything unusual with Fourteen? Their direction seems kinda dismal.

A good friend just sent me home with a new set of Honma Rose Proto irons to try/buy if interested. These things are beautiful in every way and have a shaft I am comfortable with. I hit them on good lines but the ball flight was significantly higher than I like. Additionally, they were a solid one club shorter than the Z945 with my swing. I know it is always the user and these are great clubs. In looks, they are a 10. With my game, they are a 6. I would love to bag them but I could not make them perform. I will give them one more try tomorrow and then Monday when I pick up my Z Forged to see if a different day brings different results but not overly hopeful :-(. The Z Forged will have the same shaft so it will be a fun comparison!

• Like 1

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I've just got back from a demo day at my local range. I got to see -- and hit -- the Blueprints and Rose Protos for the first time.

The Blueprints (7i with DGS200) were good; felt soft, nice look at address, ball flight good, and workable. Doubt I'll buy a set at the price, but they're a great offering, as almost everyone seems to say.

The Rose Protos (7i with DGS200) were OK, but I wasn't overly taken with them. Like rxk9fan said above, they were at least one club shorter than all the other 7 irons I hit with comparable lofts.

I also hit a Bridgestone combo set (8i to PW are blades) and they were pretty nice. At the end I gave the Srixon forged a blast, but I wasn't hitting them very well. My normal swing produced a really really low ball flight from the sweet spot, and when I tried to flight it higher, I faded it too much. The 785s were much better for me, but I was pretty tired when I was hitting the Srixon forged, and my back was aching.

As for wedges, I tried the Ping Glide Forged, Honma TW-747s, Bridgestone XW-1s, and the Cleveland RTX4 forged. The Pings were OK but pricey; the Honmas were probably the best for most shots except full shots, but they felt a bit dead to me; the Bridegstones were nice, and the cheapest, but I think the RTX4 forged edged them out and the price difference over the Bridgestones wasn't enormous (1,000 yen a club).

• Like 1