Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

> @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> Had to take a step back as well. Busy life already with two daughters under three and then the oldest comes home with - hand, foot and mouth disease and passes it on to dad. So laid up all last week with a nice rash on my hands, feet and in my bloody mouth (daughter was, luckily, symptom free). Felt like a leper. Still can't swim, so I have a free afternoon to see everyone else sharing their ailments.

>

> As for copper... I have to say, it's in two of the past irons that I've used and they are incredible feeling clubs. It's really hard to know, because we are in no position to judge two identical irons with one having the copper layer and the other not. Unless, you want to get the MP118 and 18 together... Those will be the only two identical irons with different finishes.

Good point about the MP18s vs 118s. I hit both side-by-side, although in a net and off a mat, but the sets did not have the same shafts, so it's hard to draw any firm conclusions.

I think the shaft is going to make more of a difference than the underlay. I sold my MP18s because in the end I wasn't that taken with them. I preferred the feel of the MP4s. I've played two sets of MP4s, one with X100 and one with Modus 125X (which were a little bit too much for me pre-hernia), and both felt better than my MP18s which had PX6.0 shafts. I did wonder if the small amounts of boron in the MP18 could be a factor, but I doubt that as the amounts are miniscule. For differences in feel in irons made with the same steel*, I point the finger at the shafts first and foremost. Underlays and the like surely make a difference, but I am skeptical of whether we can actually discern it or not.

*if the MP18s have boron in them, then in this regard they're different from the MP4s. Incidentally, haven't Mizuno left out the boron in the MP20s?

> @mahonie said:

> > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > Got some catching up to do with this thread. Still, I've plenty of time, because I won't be playing golf again for while. Got a hernia in the lower back. Did it at the end of June at a demo day at the local range. I blame the Ping Blueprints, because I think that's what I was hitting when I did it. So don't let anyone tell you the Blueprints are all unicorns and bunny jam. Under that satin veneer, they're actually vicious beasts that are out to harm you.

>

> Sorry to hear that NCN...hope the recovery is smooth and quick (the exact opposite of my swing in fact!).

>

> Just had 6 weeks on the sidelines myself with Achilles tendinitis and I didn’t really realise how much of an escape from the daily grind that golf is until I couldn’t play. Having said that I might take another 6 weeks off as I didn’t play any worse first round back (34 pts with 2 blobs!)!!

>

> Take it easy and make sure your recovery is total before swinging again ?

>

Thanks, Mahonie. You're so right about gold being an escape from the daily grind. Just getting off to the range was a break for me, but that's obviously out of the question now. I am at a loose end, not helped by the fact that I need to avoid sitting down for too long (10 minutes max right now). I have two options: standing up and lying down flat on my back.

> @Golfjack said:

> > The JDM bed specs were obviously more precise. Interestingly, they had adjustable lofts. Mine went from flat to about 80*, though with a lower back hernia a glued, flat bed would have been fine.

>

> See that's where you went wrong. You needed the adjustable lie angle beds (not loft), so that you can accommodate for a more upright stance when getting off the bed. Or maybe one fitted with a self cleaning bidet, with massage and warm water no less.

Ah, the wonderful Japanese washlets. I miss them whenever I go back to the UK. If you ever use one, just make sure you select the right position for the jet of water, otherwise it might, umm, _taint_ your experience.

• Like 1

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > Had to take a step back as well. Busy life already with two daughters under three and then the oldest comes home with - hand, foot and mouth disease and passes it on to dad. So laid up all last week with a nice rash on my hands, feet and in my bloody mouth (daughter was, luckily, symptom free). Felt like a leper. Still can't swim, so I have a free afternoon to see everyone else sharing their ailments.

> >

> > As for copper... I have to say, it's in two of the past irons that I've used and they are incredible feeling clubs. It's really hard to know, because we are in no position to judge two identical irons with one having the copper layer and the other not. Unless, you want to get the MP118 and 18 together... Those will be the only two identical irons with different finishes.

>

> Good point about the MP18s vs 118s. I hit both side-by-side, although in a net and off a mat, but the sets did not have the same shafts, so it's hard to draw any firm conclusions.

> I think the shaft is going to make more of a difference than the underlay. I sold my MP18s because in the end I wasn't that taken with them. I preferred the feel of the MP4s. I've played two sets of MP4s, one with X100 and one with Modus 125X (which were a little bit too much for me pre-hernia), and both felt better than my MP18s which had PX6.0 shafts. I did wonder if the small amounts of boron in the MP18 could be a factor, but I doubt that as the amounts are miniscule. For differences in feel in irons made with the same steel*, I point the finger at the shafts first and foremost. Underlays and the like surely make a difference, but I am skeptical of whether we can actually discern it or not.

>

> *if the MP18s have boron in them, then in this regard they're different from the MP4s. Incidentally, haven't Mizuno left out the boron in the MP20s?

I think it’s more likely a matter of cog placement and different design. The COG is lower in the MP-4, and obviously, the two irons are differently shaped. To the extent the MP-4 feel softer and sound better, I’d think the culprit is better sound and an easier design to make good contact.

> **C_T_S**

> Just saw on the morning show here that the Hand Foot and Mouth disease is basically at epidemic levels now in Japan. Hope you are feeling better. They said that it often affects adults worse than children.

>

Earlier this week, before I knew what the hell it was, I was a little worse. The google images are pretty scary, but it didn't get quite that bad, thankfully.

Summer in Kyoto is already bad enough with the heat and humidity. I need a lot of momentum to get through the day and this just took all the wind. Still, I think I'd rather be in my position than having a hernia. That has go to suck. Just get well for the fall, eh.

I recall that HFM thing going around here years ago, haven’t heard of it in a while since this post. Hopefully it really

Is no more than an Inconvenience with today’s medicine but I remember the contagiousness of it being the bad part so if it is over there spreading is the big fight.

The blades users Japan Regiment is looking pretty beat up....get better guys!

> Got some catching up to do with this thread. Still, I've plenty of time, because I won't be playing golf again for while. Got a hernia in the lower back. Did it at the end of June at a demo day at the local range. I blame the Ping Blueprints, because I think that's what I was hitting when I did it. So don't let anyone tell you the Blueprints are all unicorns and bunny jam. Under that satin veneer, they're actually vicious beasts that are out to harm you.

Sorry to hear that but it’s good to know your getting better, I had a problem like that a few weeks ago, I was playing baseball with s couple friends a bat broke and it caught me right under my shoulder blade and I was out for a little bit but came back and first round back fired a record low of +2, so you should have high hopes for when you come back. Lol

I finally have begun the long overdue process of shafting up my 986 Tours. My set are a rechrome, and for some reason, the Iron Factory bored three of the heads to parallel, the 3, 6, and 9 irons. I bought shims and shafted up the 6 iron last night, going to take it with me to the course to see how it holds up to the odd full swing.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm a bit skittish when it comes to shimming irons. Though I've shimmed any number of drivers. Yeah, go figure.

And in the world of definitely-not-blades: I also finally finished my set of Pinhawk Single Length irons. I'd bought them piecemeal, and when it came time to buy the 6 iron clubhead, they were out of stock. Over the winter, I didn't even think about finishing anything, and this spring, there was a run on Pinhawk clubheads again, and they were out of stock. Finally got one a week ago, let it sit, and put it together last night. Thinking about taking 4-AW to course today, weather permitting, with my standard length 56* wedge.

Mildly amusing.... I went to mix epoxy last night, only to discover one of the bottles had apparently reached its expiration date. It was rock solid, LOL. Must not have sealed it well enough last summer when I last used it. Fortunately, there's a Golf Galaxy nearby, I went and grabbed one of their 50 ml plunger epoxy tubes. Should get me through the rest of the 986 Tour set, which I'll work on after the weekend.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

So, I made an impulse purchase yesterday.

Picked up a set of 2i-9i Ben Hogan Grinds off of EBay, for $61 (including shipping). They’re headed down to Florida to compete against my T-Zoid Pros as a spare set. We’ll see what the condition looks like when they come in.

I’ve heard they’re very similar to the 1988 Redlines for feel and launch—it’s just a different toe. Does that sound about right? Anyone ever hit or own them? :)

> > **C_T_S**

> > Just saw on the morning show here that the Hand Foot and Mouth disease is basically at epidemic levels now in Japan. Hope you are feeling better. They said that it often affects adults worse than children.

> >

> Earlier this week, before I knew what the **** it was, I was a little worse. The google images are pretty scary, but it didn't get quite that bad, thankfully.

>

> Summer in Kyoto is already bad enough with the heat and humidity. I need a lot of momentum to get through the day and this just took all the wind. Still, I think I'd rather be in my position than having a hernia. That has go to suck. Just get well for the fall, eh.

Thanks. Maybe I should take a trip up to Kyoto and give you an excuse for the wife to bust out the clubs.

> @revanant said:

> So, I made an impulse purchase yesterday.

>

> Picked up a set of 2i-9i Ben Hogan Grinds off of EBay, for $61 (including shipping). They’re headed down to Florida to compete against my T-Zoid Pros as a spare set. We’ll see what the condition looks like when they come in.

>

> I’ve heard they’re very similar to the 1988 Redlines for feel and launch—it’s just a different toe. Does that sound about right? Anyone ever hit or own them? :)

I've not hit them but read that the Grinds are pretty similar to the Redlines. For that price, you can't really go wrong.

I was tempted to make an impulse purchase today, too, even though I can't play golf for months. I dropped by the local second hand golf shop to see if they had anything new in since I was last there in June. Nice Yoro set of MP4s, albeit a bit blingy. I think the finish is Double Nickel Bright, or something like that because they looked almost golden. 4-PW with DGS200...could be a bit easier on my damaged back than the Modus 125X shafts I have in my own MP4s...

Theere was also a really clean looking set of Yonex Ezone blades (4-PW), but with PX 6.5. Hard pass for me right now!

> @revanant said:

>

> Picked up a set of 2i-9i Ben Hogan Grinds off of EBay, for $61 (including shipping). They’re headed down to Florida to compete against my T-Zoid Pros as a spare set. We’ll see what the condition looks like when they come in.

>

> I’ve heard they’re very similar to the 1988 Redlines for feel and launch—it’s just a different toe. Does that sound about right? Anyone ever hit or own them? :)

I have a set of each. They look very similar other than the toe shape. Also, the "muscle on muscle" curves in as it approaches the toe on the Redline and it extends all the way to the toe on the Grind. My perception is that the sweet spot is a little easier to find on the Redlines, but that my accuracy is better with the Grinds. I've always wondered why they don't get the accolades that the Redlines do. They are great irons.

> @revanant said:

>

>

They're completely different. The Grinds have Ben Hogan's personal toe grind on them (thus the name Apex Grind). The toe is a more square than the Redlines making the Grinds a bit shorter heel-to-toe. The Grinds also have more offset. The Redlines feel a bit softer, maybe--as speculated above--because of a slightly bigger sweet spot because of the longer blade length. The Redlines launch a bit higher. The Grinds definitely feel more solid and compact. They're both great sets and different enough in both looks and feel that it's worth having both.

Many Cobra MB users on here? Had an extensive sim session with it and was puring it over and over. Any shot shapes I wanted. Just a great club. Might pick a set up. What have the experiences on here been like? Dare I say how is the miss hit forgiveness? I mostly hit middle but we all stray from weird lies etc so want to make sure I'm somewhat protected.

> They're completely different. The Grinds have Ben Hogan's personal toe grind on them (thus the name Apex Grind). The toe is a more square than the Redlines making the Grinds a bit shorter heel-to-toe. The Grinds also have more offset. The Redlines feel a bit softer, maybe--as speculated above--because of a slightly bigger sweet spot because of the longer blade length. The Redlines launch a bit higher. The Grinds definitely feel more solid and compact. They're both great sets and different enough in both looks and feel that it's worth having both.

>

I have two sets of redlines and one of the grinds. I need to shaft up the grinds some day.

@No_Catchy_Nickname @db2 > @"Joe S"

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the feedback.

I've got a set of Redlines with me in my apartment that I can hit the range with. I do find that they have high launch and spin, which I like. They're also among the softest irons I've hit, which I love. I'm hoping that I can put some practice in with the Redlines, and then break out the Grinds without too much transition when I visit my folks. Does that sound reasonable?

Relatedly, how much more offset is there in the Grinds?

Truth be told, though, I can go between my MP-4s and the Redlines without too much adjustment. Hopefully, the Grinds will be very close to the Redlines in performance, but I'll guess we'll find out. : ) At $61, this is a low cost / high fun experiment.

Have you ever been working on your game so much, making strides, come to find the gains you've been making have increased your club head speed enough from proper techniques that your whole bags shafts are on the weaker side and you either hold your speed off or change all of your gear? Catch-22 of emotions.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

> @Kingcat990 said:

> Have you ever been working on your game so much, making strides, come to find the gains you've been making have increased your club head speed enough from proper techniques that your whole bags shafts are on the weaker side and you either hold your speed off or change all of your gear? Catch-22 of emotions.

As a matter of fact, yeah. I used s300 shafts pretty well all my life. Went to an s200 (with Tourstage 701s) and found dispersion was not there. Switched to X100 in MR23s and they were a little too much (maybe just in my head). However, then I got nose surgery and I was not myself for a good 5-6 months and they were really too much. Was using Modus 120s and have been in the gym and working on my swing a lot this year and now X100 feel right - all the way through the bag. Feels awesome.

N_C_N if you can make it out to Kyoto in the fall, we'll find a nice course: Maybe here there are three courses here and the big Japan ladies tour is playing this week - https://century21-ladies.com/course.html

• Like 1

> @Kingcat990 said:

> Have you ever been working on your game so much, making strides, come to find the gains you've been making have increased your club head speed enough from proper techniques that your whole bags shafts are on the weaker side and you either hold your speed off or change all of your gear? Catch-22 of emotions.

Yeah, found I've been playing wrong shafts for over a decade. Shafts will pull the swing in a direction, you swing to them to a degree. I was playing something that suited my "B" swing but found it better to gravitate to something that was grooving "A" swing. Think it a good thing to have a range or envelope of shaft choices, more so than head types and yet still maintain a commonality in weight & profile you're comfortable with. Play the ones that pull you to a better place and from time to time re-evaluate. You know things are right when you can hit all of them better.

• Like 1

Warning Label: this post is kind of long and may put you to sleep.

So, I didn't take the Pinhawks to the course yesterday as I mentioned below. Instead, Saturday evening, I regripped my TW282 Golden Rams to finally give them a shot on course. One reason for my hesitation, having waited this long, is that I've been uncertain about the Precision 6.5 shafts in them. Feel like I've been losing a little bit of distance of late, and when I took them out earlier this year, the shafts had that "bit too stiff" feel to them.

Some of that could be related to my efforts to cut short my swing a little bit. I've got a John Daly thing going with my swing, only without any of that annoying talent (or behavioral excesses). Every couple years, I get it in my head to try cutting down on the backswing, only to see less than stellar results; I'm apparently in another of those periods, LOL. Gave that up in the last week or so.

TW282's were lovely. I was hitting them a bit higher than I have been used to, which I attributed in part to the shafts. based on past experience with them. My TW282 lofts are also a full club weaker than the FX Nickels I'd been playing earlier (19* 2i, 4* between each club to a 51* PW), I'll have to pay more attention to that; maybe it's just a perception thing on my part. Had no trouble loading the 6.5 Precisions. The only thing I noticed is that I was hitting these a bit more left; my divots would be pointed at target or slightly left of target, and I was frequently missing left. Short irons, mid irons, and long irons, all largely left.

Have a couple goofy theories on that....

Also brought along the 986 Tour 6 iron I mention having shafted in the below. Because of the very square toe on the Rams, I had to visually adjust to seeing a slightly longer blade length. Hit it 3 or so times, when I needed a 6 iron shot. Performed nicely. Interestingly, I didn't have the same lefts with these as I did with the Rams. Which brings me to the above mentioned goofy theories.

The Precision shaft has a softer tip than that of Dynamic Gold. I've wondered if perhaps that softer tip is closing the club a bit more than I see with DG, giving me that left miss I've mentioned. I saw this with my Rifle shafted Golden Rams, as well, the last time I took them on course.

It could also have been me hitting at the ball a bit more yesterday, something I was also doing with driver. Obviously more testing is needed. LOL

The other goofy theory has to do with the shorter blade length of the TW282. I'd been playing FX Nickels, which are a larger blade head. Wondering if the shorter TW282 blade length has me closing the club in the swing a little quicker than the Nickels?

OK, I've blathered enough. Summary: TW282's good. 986 Tours also good. Must play more. :)

> @NRJyzr said:

> I finally have begun the long overdue process of shafting up my 986 Tours. My set are a rechrome, and for some reason, the Iron Factory bored three of the heads to parallel, the 3, 6, and 9 irons. I bought shims and shafted up the 6 iron last night, going to take it with me to the course to see how it holds up to the odd full swing.

>

> I know I shouldn't be, but I'm a bit skittish when it comes to shimming irons. Though I've shimmed any number of drivers. Yeah, go figure.

>

> And in the world of definitely-not-blades: I also finally finished my set of Pinhawk Single Length irons. I'd bought them piecemeal, and when it came time to buy the 6 iron clubhead, they were out of stock. Over the winter, I didn't even think about finishing anything, and this spring, there was a run on Pinhawk clubheads again, and they were out of stock. Finally got one a week ago, let it sit, and put it together last night. Thinking about taking 4-AW to course today, weather permitting, with my standard length 56* wedge.

>

> Mildly amusing.... I went to mix epoxy last night, only to discover one of the bottles had apparently reached its expiration date. It was rock solid, LOL. Must not have sealed it well enough last summer when I last used it. Fortunately, there's a Golf Galaxy nearby, I went and grabbed one of their 50 ml plunger epoxy tubes. Should get me through the rest of the 986 Tour set, which I'll work on after the weekend.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @NRJyzr said:

>

> The Precision shaft has a softer tip than that of Dynamic Gold. I've wondered if perhaps that softer tip is closing the club a bit more than I see with DG, giving me that left miss I've mentioned. I saw this with my Rifle shafted Golden Rams, as well, the last time I took them on course.

>

> It could also have been me hitting at the ball a bit more yesterday, something I was also doing with driver. Obviously more testing is needed. LOL

>

> The other goofy theory has to do with the shorter blade length of the TW282. I'd been playing FX Nickels, which are a larger blade head. Wondering if the shorter TW282 blade length has me closing the club in the swing a little quicker than the Nickels?

>

>

I think you have it nailed. a slight adjustment might be in order, the trick is what type and to what degree.

• Like 1

Interesting in shafts, In my experience I find other than feeling kick more or less, I can play R-X.

Potentially getting brass shims in mail in next couple of days. I am really excited to put the roddios in those cb57s. I also hit balls yesterday with that copper onoff set and didn’t realize how much I like them as they have only seen 1 round and random shots. They are normal sized small blades, and the attas shafts make them less miura and more dense softer. Really cool set.

I feel like I am now in a situation where I have too many playable sets.....I don’t think I am selling the shingos, not sure what to do with them but I won’t get what the recoil Protos are worth so I think I will hang on to them and have everything from blade to SGI covered? Argh....

• Like 1

> @Bigmean said:

> Interesting in shafts, In my experience I find other than feeling kick more or less, I can play R-X.

>

> Potentially getting brass shims in mail in next couple of days. I am really excited to put the roddios in those cb57s. I also hit balls yesterday with that copper onoff set and didn’t realize how much I like them as they have only seen 1 round and random shots. They are normal sized small blades, and the attas shafts make them less miura and more dense softer. Really cool set.

>

> I feel like I am now in a situation where I have too many playable sets.....I don’t think I am selling the shingos, not sure what to do with them but I won’t get what the recoil Protos are worth so I think I will hang on to them and have everything from blade to SGI covered? Argh....

>

>

Relax - there's no such thing as too many playable sets. I have maybe 20 sets of irons and 3 or 4 I would be comfortable going out to play as is. Be it a shaft, grip or (rarely) head that doesn't mesh... I need to sell off a few and start again and get a few more sets in the comfy department.

• Like 1

> > @Kingcat990 said:

> > Have you ever been working on your game so much, making strides, come to find the gains you've been making have increased your club head speed enough from proper techniques that your whole bags shafts are on the weaker side and you either hold your speed off or change all of your gear? Catch-22 of emotions.

>

>

> As a matter of fact, yeah. I used s300 shafts pretty well all my life. Went to an s200 (with Tourstage 701s) and found dispersion was not there. Switched to X100 in MR23s and they were a little too much (maybe just in my head). However, then I got nose surgery and I was not myself for a good 5-6 months and they were really too much. Was using Modus 120s and have been in the gym and working on my swing a lot this year and now X100 feel right - all the way through the bag. Feels awesome.

>

> N_C_N if you can make it out to Kyoto in the fall, we'll find a nice course: Maybe here there are three courses here and the big Japan ladies tour is playing this week - https://century21-ladies.com/course.html

Nice looking course that. I need to get better.

> @revanant said:

> Thanks for the advice on the BH Grinds, folks.

>

> In other news, buying old golf clubs is a slippery slope. I now have an MP-14 6 iron and Macgregor Miurfield 20th Anniversary 6 iron on the way. I’m looking forward to testing those. :)

It's a nightly struggle. Luckily for my marriage I have curbed by habit. I bit my lip on a pristine set of Maruman Conductor 400Cs the other night, for example. One thing I have noticed with old sets is it's a crapshoot for shafts. You might get some that should fit, but then they'll be too short or long. I've had pretty decent luck with finding sets in nice condition, being that I live in Japan. People go f'ing all out on their sticks and then a lot never see a blade of grass before getting tucked away.

This Tourstage TW01 52 I just picked up has me stoked - I won an auction for it with S200 TT, but it arrived with NS950S. I was going to change it for an s400 TT I have lying around anyway, but at the range with it, I can't frigging miss. I hit ten balls and ten balls fall dead pin high 100 yards away. I am still thinking of switching out the shaft, but I am really lazy and half interested in seeing if it will perform on the course. I really love the head shape and the sole grind on it and it has no offset. The stamping tells me it has some decent lineage too.

Looking hard at a set of Cleveland wedges and a new driver and fairway too. Hit the Ping LST 410 with The Tensei CK S and it went pretty well. Lower than the Bridgestone I have now. And, of course, waiting to see what the MP20 will be like. This train is full choo choo and I don't even know if I'll play before October... The bag is gonna be tight though.

I bought a used MP-32 5 iron for $15 on a whim from goodwill. I have a friend that plays Hogans and I wanted to see what a blade felt like. I used it a few times over the last week and it definitely feels great. I only started playing this summer but didn't find it that difficult to hit. My normal irons are Speedblades which are nice but they don't seem much more helpful if I hit it thin or fat which is what I struggle with.

Not really much point to this but just wanted to say even as a beginner blades can feel great and to not be intimidated.