2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

[quote name='Pert1862' timestamp='1421703306' post='10778361']
[quote name='sevenputts' timestamp='1421658515' post='10774993']
Dufner's caddie, classy guy..
[/quote]

What Twitter account is his?
[/quote][url="https://twitter.com/KevinBaile"]https://twitter.com/KevinBaile[/url]

Thanks to DeverGolf for this twitter address :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1421692468' post='10777167']
this honestly has the makings of a good made for TV movie.... Hookers, Trannys, angry homeless people (with cars) Victim has an Australian accent (for the ladies enjoyment) ...Maybe even have one Homeless -tranny -hooker for good measure...a good hearted bloke who will eventually help unravel the whole mystery.. I read 5-6 pages of this and shook my head the whole time...holy crap..
[/quote]

Think you are onto something here bladehunter, story is written, or we can make it up from the WRX pages, now just to cast this thing. Could Johnny Drama.pull off an Aussie accent?

[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421702099' post='10778227']
[quote name='Lennon Mccartney' timestamp='1421700871' post='10778075']

You have "class" because you believe a far fetched story that just about every rational personal has questioned? Did you watch his interview with Steve Sands? You don't have to be a body language expert to realize he was rambling and unsure of his OWN story. And then he goes on to say "I've seen taken and taken 2." Really man. Sound less sketchy.

Go listen to the homeless woman interview. Her story just about goes against everything his initial statement says. He should hire a PR agency to help him because the whole "Taken" defense isn't working out.

So yes. You seem extremely naive. I love Phil Mickelson too. That doesn't mean I believe every word that comes out of his mouth.

This story with Allenby is Grey. Not Black and White.
[/quote]

I'm waiting to reserve a bit more judgement for now, but there's a fair bit of irony in a reply that includes "listen to the homeless woman interview"...especially if you've ever heard any of the homeless here in Honolulu speak.
I'm not sure her version of the events is enough to necessarily disprove anything Allenby said, considering two things: 1) they have video of someone using his credit cards, and 2) we're talking to a guy trying to recall a few hours after he took what looks to be a pretty decent hit to the head. His story might not exactly match what others might have to say, but that doesn't mean he's making the whole thing up.
[/quote]

Another excellent post on the subject- thanks for giving all of us true insight as to what actually happens on the island. Especially since you live right there..

Anyone who calls out someone as naive then in the same breath uses the "listen to the homeless person" as support for their already weak argument is severely lacking in even the most elementary understanding of the situation.

Truly baffling indeed.

Lets see, what else?

Oh yeah, one time I was getting out of a cab at like 3am and before I got out these 3 clowns were like, "lets go, get the f out" and put a hand on me. So, I was in a bad mood and gave one this dopest double forearm shiver and sent him into a snow bank. Then I was like, uh oh, there are 3 of tem so I did the old movie move and reached into my jacket! Then we all realized it was late and tired and went to our respective homes.

Have a really good other one, will save it for the next newsbreak.

it's interesting how allenby is SO out in front of this story basically giving anyone an interview who will ask almost like making sure "you saw and heard it from me first".....meanwhile the honolulu police remains silent. possibly a matter of time before we get another "gap" filled from the person using his credit card

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

Oops, thanks fellas. I meant "pimps" not "johns." I'm obviously out of the loop when it comes to prostitution.

I was trying to remember back to when I visited Australia and was thinking that prostitution is legal there. That could also effect how Allenby morally feels about the practice. Not to defend him, but once again I feel like regardless of what he was doing he shouldn't have to be defend himself from being violently attacked. It's a rather American puritanical concept to blame the victim for consorting with a criminal element.

Had he been in church rather than a wine bar this whole thing couldn't have happened ;)

I have a theory. I think Tiger Woods jumped Robert Allenby in Hawaii. Robert got a few good licks in (hence the missing tooth) but in the end Tiger's speed and power got the best of Allenby. PGA Tour/WWE

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1421705673' post='10778641']
[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421702099' post='10778227']
[quote name='Lennon Mccartney' timestamp='1421700871' post='10778075']

You have "class" because you believe a far fetched story that just about every rational personal has questioned? Did you watch his interview with Steve Sands? You don't have to be a body language expert to realize he was rambling and unsure of his OWN story. And then he goes on to say "I've seen taken and taken 2." Really man. Sound less sketchy.

Go listen to the homeless woman interview. Her story just about goes against everything his initial statement says. He should hire a PR agency to help him because the whole "Taken" defense isn't working out.

So yes. You seem extremely naive. I love Phil Mickelson too. That doesn't mean I believe every word that comes out of his mouth.

This story with Allenby is Grey. Not Black and White.
[/quote]

I'm waiting to reserve a bit more judgement for now, but there's a fair bit of irony in a reply that includes "listen to the homeless woman interview"...especially if you've ever heard any of the homeless here in Honolulu speak.
I'm not sure her version of the events is enough to necessarily disprove anything Allenby said, considering two things: 1) they have video of someone using his credit cards, and 2) we're talking to a guy trying to recall a few hours after he took what looks to be a pretty decent hit to the head. His story might not exactly match what others might have to say, but that doesn't mean he's making the whole thing up.
[/quote]

Another excellent post on the subject- thanks for giving all of us true insight as to what actually happens on the island. Especially since you live right there..

Anyone who calls out someone as naive then in the same breath uses the "listen to the homeless person" as support for their already weak argument is severely lacking in even the most elementary understanding of the situation.

Truly baffling indeed.
[/quote]
I guess just because a woman is homeless she can't be credible? Have you ever read about Gerry Colin or seen the movie "in the name of the father" with Daniel Day Lewis. An innocent man spent 14 years in jail because a judge and jury threw out the testimony of a homeless man and other less "credible sources." Just because someone has fallen on hard times, doesn't mean they don't deserve the right to be heard.

I see you continue to claim that you have me on "ignore" but yet respond to ALL of my posts. Please put me on your actual ignore list. I don't mean to rile you up with any of my posts.

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1421708283' post='10778887']
I have a theory. I think Tiger Woods jumped Robert Allenby in Hawaii. Robert got a few good licks in (hence the missing tooth) but in the end Tiger's speed and power got the best of Allenby. PGA Tour/WWE
[/quote]

Well, Tiger is indeed missing a tooth!!!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='nohny noke' timestamp='1421715818' post='10779665']But he's still got that sweet, sweet swing. Good enough for a 59 and a bunch of close calls in majors!

[media=]http://youtu.be/qqkvxqR0CCY[/media][/quote]

That's Stuart Appleby, not Robert Allenby

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='adamthegolfer' timestamp='1421706103' post='10778691']
If , like many of you say, there is more to the story, why would he make such an elaborate cover-up story about it? Usually bar scraps and things are kept hush...why come out and say all of this?
[/quote]

He walked into a 4 star hotel with a busted up face and they, no doubt, were freaking out. It sounds like it's the hotel staff that initially ramped up the police involvement.

To me the red flag is not immediately calling the police or seeking medical attention.

[quote name='forgedforever' timestamp='1421715968' post='10779683']
More reported information from the woman who helped Allenby. It includes information that the two homeless men told her Allenby had hit his head on a rock:
[url="http://www.foxsports.com/golf/story/robert-allenby-abduction-charade-keane-sony-open-hawaii-beating-robbery-011915"]http://www.foxsports...-robbery-011915[/url]
[/quote]

Is she taking the piss, her name is Charade. Whilst it's a game, the more common meaning out here is:
[b] [size=4]cha·rade: something that is done in order to pretend something is true when it is not really true[/size][/b]

One thing is a proven fact. This is the most publicity Allenby has received since 2006

TaylorMade Qi10 Designer Series (Black Out) 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1421718417' post='10780075']
It saddens me to think that this incident might deter JonesScott from turning pro and and making the PGA Tour.

I can just hear him saying, "Whoa, not worth the security risk."
[/quote]

But everyone knows Jonesy would only get drunk on Sunday after lapping the field. No way a legend like him misses a cut

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='CommerceTiger' timestamp='1421720016' post='10780351']
It saddens me to think that this incident might deter JonesScott from turning pro and and making the PGA Tour.

[/quote]

But everyone knows Jonesy would only get drunk on Sunday after lapping the field. No way a legend like him misses a cut
[/quote]

The crowd that would be following JS would be so overwhelming that he would never be alone.

[/quote]

Aside from majors, he has no desire to play the U.S. Tour...

So he's safe..

[quote name='forgedforever' timestamp='1421720804' post='10780487']
[quote name='Gaprofitt11' timestamp='1421720402' post='10780411']
Did you guys see this?

[url="http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/clt/4854717995.html"]http://honolulu.crai...4854717995.html[/url]
[/quote]

Is this the part where we make the call for McGarrett?
[/quote]

Haha, I about fell out of bed laughing.. I'm glad the dude is ok, he's a lucky guy.