2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

this just gets crazier and crazier

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't he call the credit card company to report the card missing (lost, stolen, whatever)? His story is falling apart more every day.

If it hadn't had been for the hotel management, I don't think the police would have been involved. But since the police were called, he made up the story of being kidnapped, beaten and dumped in a park 6 miles away, and someone paying his taxi fare back to the hotel. The theft of his cellphone and wallet by a homeless man are probably true, but it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't 3 sheets to the wind.

BTW, the hotel is 6 miles away from where he was found by the homeless.

[b] Golfer's 'stupidity' led to his wounds, man says[/b]
[color=#000000][size=4]
Chris Khamis, who is homeless, offers a different take on Allenby's misfortunes[/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=4]
[url="http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y"]http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y[/url][/size][/color]

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

[quote name='shawnee' timestamp='1421943972' post='10797487']

[color=#000000]Chris Khamis, who is homeless, offers a different take on Allenby's misfortunes[/color]

[color=#000000][url="http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y"]http://www.staradver...ction=login&f=y[/url][/color]
[/quote]

Wow.

Can't wait to hear what the PGA of America is going to do with this situation.

More importantly when is his next event? Is he booked for any of the west coast swing?

[color=#000000][size=4]Chris Khamis, who is homeless, offers a different take on Allenby's misfortunes[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4][url="http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y"]http://www.staradver...ction=login&f=y[/url][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Can you sum it up since you have to be a subscriber to read it?

[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1421946813' post='10797723']

[color=#000000]Chris Khamis, who is homeless, offers a different take on Allenby's misfortunes[/color]

[color=#000000][url="http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y"]http://www.staradver...ction=login&f=y[/url][/color]
[/quote]

Can you sum it up since you have to be a subscriber to read it?
[/quote]

[color=#000000]

Moments before Australian pro golfer Robert Allenby injured himself by passing out and hitting his head on a lava rock early Saturday, he told a homeless man that he was depressed and had been drugged at a strip club where he went to get some "action."
That account came Wednesday from Chris Khamis, a 47-year-old homeless man who says he was present when Allenby hurt himself.
Police have opened a second-degree robbery and fraudulent use of credit card investigations in the case.
"There was no crime (when I was present). It was his stupidity," Khamis said in an interview. "(Allenby) passed out and hit his head. I was there. Nobody pushed him out of a car."
Khamis didn't actually see Allenby hurt himself because he had turned around, looking for someone on the street with a phone to call a taxi. At the time, Allenby was not injured.
"I had turned around for just a second," Khamis said. "Nobody was around us."
But when Khamis looked back at Allenby, the golfer was on the ground, bleeding.
"There he was, I was like, 'Oh, my God!'"
Khamis said he gave Allenby a stack of napkins from his bag and tried to get Allenby to focus, but Allenby kept repeating that he was a millionaire and waved around his American Express Platinum Card.
Khamis told Allenby he wasn't sure a taxi would take a credit card and offered to give his last $7 to pay for Allenby's taxi fare back to his hotel.
"He was very down, very, very down, about losing," Khamis said of Allenby before he was injured. Allenby had missed the cut to the Sony Open on Friday, the afternoon before the incident.
Khamis' version of events contradicts what Allenby has told other media -- a story that he was drugged, kidnapped, thrown into a car trunk and dumped some 6 miles away in a park.

[/color]

[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1421946813' post='10797723'][quote name='shawnee' timestamp='1421943972' post='10797487']

[color=#000000][size=4]Chris Khamis, who is homeless, offers a different take on Allenby's misfortunes[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4][url="http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y"]http://www.staradver...ction=login&f=y[/url][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Can you sum it up since you have to be a subscriber to read it?[/quote]

This article? http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20150121_Witness_golfer_passed_out_hurt_self_after_going_to_strip_bar.html?id=289407101

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

This is making more sense all of the time.

Some friends of mine and I were drugged at a strip club in Orlando 2 years ago.

Fortunately no face plants and fortunately we made it back to the hotel safely but it was really sketchy.

Between the 4 of us we had to piece the evening back together and still don't have a complete picture of everything that happened.

I actually have a little more sympathy for RA now.

[quote name='Guia' timestamp='1421949428' post='10798005']
I must be one of those "Physics", I posted that I thought he was S*** faced and hit the sidewalk. There is always more than the story first reveals.
[/quote]

I was just thinking that this story needs a quantum physicist as RA may have caught a wormhole and crossed over to a parallel universe as there are a few contradicting stories going around.

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1421912010' post='10795997']
[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1421903623' post='10795673']
[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1421903255' post='10795659']
first his story timeline changes and gets it backwards and the the next story 2 hours becomes 10 mins later and even knows how allenbys face got hammered

[indent=1]
[size=4][b]"I was like, 'Hey brother, you got to wake up because the sidewalk sweepers are going to come. You don't want to get swept up,'" said Kaili. "So it took him about nine minutes before he got to his senses and when I got him up his feet, I said 'Okay. Check if you got everything on you.' And that's when he noticed, like, 'I don't got my phone or my wallet.'"[/b][/size][/indent]

[size=4][b]According to Kaili, he and his friend Chris assisted Allenby in looking for his phone and wallet. Kaili says Allenby had no facial wound at the time and was becoming agitated and angry, so Kaili left. Chris supposedly stayed behind to help Allenby into a cab, but that didn't go swimmingly: [/b][/size]

[indent=1]
[size=1][size=4][b]Ten minutes later, Kaili decided to return to the intersection and noticed Allenby's face was bloody. "I was like, 'Chris, what the hell happened?' And he was like, 'Oh, my God. While I was trying to wave cabs down, he was nodding out, then he passed out, fell face first and slammed in a rock.[/b][/size]'[/size][/indent]
[/quote]

You should put your investigative skills to work figuring out which baby ate that dingo in Newfoundland.
[/quote][quote name='ericld' timestamp='1421904586' post='10795735']
[/quote]LMAO, oh Good Lord, I pass out and I'd just read the story and I was like "wow, I'm a d***head for laughin at Arafel."

I just wake up and it's like, "s***, I'm not such a d***head," LMAO

Ok, I'm goin back to bed-

Stay Well My Friends,
Richard
[/quote]

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

This is making more sense all of the time.

Some friends of mine and I were drugged at a strip club in Orlando 2 years ago.

Fortunately no face plants and fortunately we made it back to the hotel safely but it was really sketchy.

Between the 4 of us we had to piece the evening back together and still don't have a complete picture of everything that happened.

I actually have a little more sympathy for RA now.

I don't know if I believe he went to the jiggly room.

But it won't be hard to confirm if he did.

hqdefault.jpg

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1421950416' post='10798105']
[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1421912010' post='10795997']
[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1421903623' post='10795673']
[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1421903255' post='10795659']
first his story timeline changes and gets it backwards and the the next story 2 hours becomes 10 mins later and even knows how allenbys face got hammered

[indent=1]
[size=4][b]"I was like, 'Hey brother, you got to wake up because the sidewalk sweepers are going to come. You don't want to get swept up,'" said Kaili. "So it took him about nine minutes before he got to his senses and when I got him up his feet, I said 'Okay. Check if you got everything on you.' And that's when he noticed, like, 'I don't got my phone or my wallet.'"[/b][/size][/indent]

[size=4][b]According to Kaili, he and his friend Chris assisted Allenby in looking for his phone and wallet. Kaili says Allenby had no facial wound at the time and was becoming agitated and angry, so Kaili left. Chris supposedly stayed behind to help Allenby into a cab, but that didn't go swimmingly: [/b][/size]

[indent=1]
[size=1][size=4][b]Ten minutes later, Kaili decided to return to the intersection and noticed Allenby's face was bloody. "I was like, 'Chris, what the hell happened?' And he was like, 'Oh, my God. While I was trying to wave cabs down, he was nodding out, then he passed out, fell face first and slammed in a rock.[/b][/size]'[/size][/indent]
[/quote]

You should put your investigative skills to work figuring out which baby ate that dingo in Newfoundland.
[/quote][quote name='ericld' timestamp='1421904586' post='10795735']
[/quote]LMAO, oh Good Lord, I pass out and I'd just read the story and I was like "wow, I'm a d***head for laughin at Arafel."

I just wake up and it's like, "s***, I'm not such a d***head," LMAO

Ok, I'm goin back to bed-

Stay Well My Friends,
Richard
[/quote]
[/quote]

You still might be a d$%#head for laughing at me and you might be more out of it than Allenby was when they found him. :cheesy:

Stay away from sidewalks and homeless people Richard.

Cheers.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1421942599' post='10797363']
He only carries a platinum card? Geez you'd think he'd be rolling with the AMEX Black/Centurion card.
[/quote]

You get similar benefits with the platinum and it costs thousands less per year to keep it. Though a frugal person probably doesn't go around screaming, "I have millions of dollars."

[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1421891869' post='10794461']
[quote name='Malvern' timestamp='1421890265' post='10794285']
Kiwi2, spirited defence my antipodean brother, you kinda lost me on the Chamberlain stuff, but push on.
[/quote]

We gotta stick together other than when we take the field at Eden Park. Then it is war :-)

Chamberlain:

1: to point out why I took offence to the dingo joke.
2: to show that she was innocent despite what everyone thought was an implausible story (like Allenby) at the time.

Yes. there appear to be flaws in Allenbys recall. But if he was unconcious for a time, that is understandable. I think some of the speculation has been pretty crass.
I have no issue with people questioning his story. I have big issue with some of the ugly slurs being cast.

I believe the reasonable thing to do is to wait until the investigations have concluded and if Allenby has intentionally done wrong then people can go for it (within the bounds of respectability), if they feel inclined. In the meantime he has done nothing, in my view, to warrant the libelous personal assaults.

[b]He is 44, successful, and living what many people would feel is a dream .Why would he put his reputation at stake by knowingly making false public statements and drawing attention to himself?[/b]
[/quote]

i made the comment earlier somewhere in this monstrous thread that it was interesting how allenby was SO out in front of this story to get his "version" out first for what happened.....now we're starting to find out why with what we're learning to somewhat complete the puzzle. he is indeed 44 years old and has everything to lose at this stage in his career. why? his last professional win anwhere on the planet was in 2009 at the aussie pga championship. he has an earned repuation of being an asshat (anythony kim partying accusations in 2009 and accusing geoff ogilvy of poor play for the reason why his record was 0-4-0 in the 2011 president's cup) and basically isolated himself amongst his peers. does he have status anywhere as a member to play? on his own website, the [url="http://www.robertallenby.com/tour-schedule/results/"]last schedule[/url] he has listed is from 2012. we now have young lions from all over the world looking for spots via sponsor exemptions, qualifiers, etc. and simply put i'm not showing up to see him if in the field. but you give me a justin thomas, trey mullinax, patrick rodgers, peter uihlein who's in the field instead and i'll be looking at them for what the future of golf may possibly look like. allenby has [url="http://www.robertallenby.com/sponsors-partners/golf-sponsors/"]4 listed sponsors[/url] on his website as well....how do you think they feel while this whole ordeal plays out in front of our eyes where there are a lot of gaps in his story. this is yet another embarrassment for him and might be his swan song. this isn't a guy like jd (unbelievable i'm even saying this) who can show you 2 majors earned and will be a draw for the tournament. he's "simply" robert allenby....but he has millions!! :rolleyes:

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1421951703' post='10798231']
Kiwi2, spirited defence my antipodean brother, you kinda lost me on the Chamberlain stuff, but push on.
[/quote]

We gotta stick together other than when we take the field at Eden Park. Then it is war :-)

Chamberlain:

2: to show that she was innocent despite what everyone thought was an implausible story (like Allenby) at the time.

Yes. there appear to be flaws in Allenbys recall. But if he was unconcious for a time, that is understandable. I think some of the speculation has been pretty crass.
I have no issue with people questioning his story. I have big issue with some of the ugly slurs being cast.

I believe the reasonable thing to do is to wait until the investigations have concluded and if Allenby has intentionally done wrong then people can go for it (within the bounds of respectability), if they feel inclined. In the meantime he has done nothing, in my view, to warrant the libelous personal assaults.

[b]He is 44, successful, and living what many people would feel is a dream .Why would he put his reputation at stake by knowingly making false public statements and drawing attention to himself?[/b]
[/quote]

i made the comment earlier somewhere in this monstrous thread that it was interesting how allenby was SO out in front of this story to get his "version" out first for what happened.....now we're starting to find out why with what we're learning to somewhat complete the puzzle. he is indeed 44 years old and has everything to lose at this stage in his career. why? his last professional win anwhere on the planet was in 2009 at the aussie pga championship. he has an earned repuation of being an asshat (anythony kim partying accusations in 2009 and accusing geoff ogilvy of poor play for the reason why his record was 0-4-0 in the 2011 president's cup) and basically isolated himself amongst his peers. does he have status anywhere as a member to play? on his own website, the [url="http://www.robertallenby.com/tour-schedule/results/"]last schedule[/url] he has listed is from 2012. we now have young lions from all over the world looking for spots via sponsor exemptions, qualifiers, etc. and simply put i'm not showing up to see him if in the field. but you give me a justin thomas, trey mullinax, patrick rodgers, peter uihlein who's in the field instead and i'll be looking at them for what the future of golf may possibly look like. allenby has [url="http://www.robertallenby.com/sponsors-partners/golf-sponsors/"]4 listed sponsors[/url] on his website as well....how do you think they feel while this whole ordeal plays out in front of our eyes where there are a lot of gaps in his story. this is yet another embarrassment for him and might be his swan song. this isn't a guy like jd (unbelievable i'm even saying this) who can show you 2 majors earned and will be a draw for the tournament. he's "simply" robert allenby....but he has millions!! :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Are you kidding me? This is the best thing that could've happened to his career. It's almost like he's John Daly. I would totally get it my sponsors exemption. And I would make sure people knew he was in the field. Just think of all the people that will come out to see Allenby now.
Allenby was a has been, no draw, Low profile. Thanks to his ridiculous lie, he's the most popular golfer on the Internet right now.

I would love to hear "TAKEN 2!" After he drives.

It really sucks that golf channel is it that lame PGA march show. Imagine what 24 seven on this would've been like.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1421952473' post='10798365'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421549588' post='10767193']
[quote name='whiteflash' timestamp='1421549232' post='10767165']Something is very suspicious about this whole thing...[/quote]

How so?
[/quote]

Could possibly be more to this than it seems.

Just kidding, Holy Moses![/quote]

Possibly!

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1421952171' post='10798305']
[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1421951703' post='10798231']
[/quote]

Chamberlain:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Are you kidding me? This is the best thing that could've happened to his career. It's almost like he's John Daly. I would totally get it my sponsors exemption. And I would make sure people knew he was in the field. Just think of all the people that will come out to see Allenby now.
Allenby was a has been, no draw, Low profile. Thanks to his ridiculous lie, he's the most popular golfer on the Internet right now.

I would love to hear "TAKEN 2!" After he drives.

It really sucks that golf channel is it that lame PGA march show. Imagine what 24 seven on this would've been like.
[/quote]

not exactly the kind of "popular" he wants or needs to be right now though!

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

Something is very suspicious about this whole thing...

How so?

Just kidding, Holy Moses!

Possibly!

article-0-05FA9AD8000005DC-12_468x363.jpgPatrick-Reed-622_0.jpg0ap3000000435387_video_cp.jpg?01AD=3GPUoeJrxwWhJMBkTij36SeuF8LHpQ5GlskcbKUnik3I5DawKo99ZSg&01RI=E7930F777DFD06A&01NA=obama_shush_AFP.jpg

you have no idea...

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1421887579' post='10793987']
Kiwi take a breath and remind yourself that you [size=5][b]ARE[/b][/size] Robert Allenby.
Then back up and consider HIS STORY.
1) Try and find one part that does add up.
2) Now try and find another part that doesn't add up?
3) Were you successful at steps one and two? (If so, go to 4. If not go to 7)
4) If steps one and two were successful can you find another?
5) Is it now much easier to recognize the unlikelihood of the entire house of cards?
6) Now pretend that homeless guy you were talking about earlier is trying to convince you the same story is true. Pretty nuts, huh?

7) Did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary? Seriously look it up.
[/quote]

There fixed

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421952583' post='10798375']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1421952473' post='10798365'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421549588' post='10767193']
[quote name='whiteflash' timestamp='1421549232' post='10767165']Something is very suspicious about this whole thing...[/quote]

How so?
[/quote]

Possibly!
[/quote]
Holy Moses. I feel your pain. Back in 2009, I dissented and said:
"There's no way any of this is true. Have you seen that chick? She's just some wannabe socialite skank tryin' to make herself famous. She's just trying to use Tiger's name to do it. Probably just somebody he took a picture with at a party. You know how these people are."

Having said that, I almost immediately said, "Dude! I was totally wrong about that. My bad."

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1421953700' post='10798505'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421952583' post='10798375']

How so?
[/quote]

Possibly!
[/quote]
Holy Moses. I feel your pain. Back in 2009, I dissented and said:
"There's no way any of this is true. Have you seen that chick? She's just some wannabe socialite skank tryin' to make herself famous. She's just trying to use Tiger's name to do it. Probably just somebody he took a picture with at a party. You know how these people are."

Having said that, I almost immediately said, "Dude! I was totally wrong about that. My bad."[/quote]

I would be wrong if I claimed Allenby's innocence. All I said was let the facts come to the surface.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna