SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > I’m waiting on 24 mtb black... my best ball this season was the Bridgestone b x. Would love to pick up spin from under 100 yards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > MTB Black will spin but how much spin are you looking for?

> > > > >

> > > > > On half wedges, I’d like them to stop faster... I’ll give the black a try and see how they do...

> > > > >

> > > > > Assuming they ship!

> > > >

> > > > I thought the original MTB Red was a great spinner on less than full wedge shots. I liked that about it. Hated everything else about the ball but it was good at spinning around the green.

> > > >

> > > > The current MTB Black seems to spin reasonably well, though. I'd imagine most people would find it pretty adequate on those shots, even if slightly less than a few of the highest-spinning models.

> > >

> > > We shall see... might also help to get new wedges!

> > >

> >

> > I m a high spinner. Black will roll a bit, but not long. X will sit and stop.

>

> I liked how the x played but decided to try the black... I think improving my contact will have a much bigger impact.

For me, Black flies straighter, lower and spins less. X is longer but I want balls on fairway.

> @flushem said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > > I’m waiting on 24 mtb black... my best ball this season was the Bridgestone b x. Would love to pick up spin from under 100 yards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > MTB Black will spin but how much spin are you looking for?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On half wedges, I’d like them to stop faster... I’ll give the black a try and see how they do...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Assuming they ship!

> > > > >

> > > > > I thought the original MTB Red was a great spinner on less than full wedge shots. I liked that about it. Hated everything else about the ball but it was good at spinning around the green.

> > > > >

> > > > > The current MTB Black seems to spin reasonably well, though. I'd imagine most people would find it pretty adequate on those shots, even if slightly less than a few of the highest-spinning models.

> > > >

> > > > We shall see... might also help to get new wedges!

> > > >

> > >

> > > I m a high spinner. Black will roll a bit, but not long. X will sit and stop.

> >

> > I liked how the x played but decided to try the black... I think improving my contact will have a much bigger impact.

>

> For me, Black flies straighter, lower and spins less. X is longer but I want balls on fairway.

That reads to me like I should be playing blacks... I have no issues with distance on the course.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > > > I’m waiting on 24 mtb black... my best ball this season was the Bridgestone b x. Would love to pick up spin from under 100 yards.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > MTB Black will spin but how much spin are you looking for?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > On half wedges, I’d like them to stop faster... I’ll give the black a try and see how they do...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Assuming they ship!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I thought the original MTB Red was a great spinner on less than full wedge shots. I liked that about it. Hated everything else about the ball but it was good at spinning around the green.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The current MTB Black seems to spin reasonably well, though. I'd imagine most people would find it pretty adequate on those shots, even if slightly less than a few of the highest-spinning models.

> > > > >

> > > > > We shall see... might also help to get new wedges!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I m a high spinner. Black will roll a bit, but not long. X will sit and stop.

> > >

> > > I liked how the x played but decided to try the black... I think improving my contact will have a much bigger impact.

> >

> > For me, Black flies straighter, lower and spins less. X is longer but I want balls on fairway.

>

> That reads to me like I should be playing blacks... I have no issues with distance on the course.

looking forward to your post round review.

> @flushem said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > > > > I’m waiting on 24 mtb black... my best ball this season was the Bridgestone b x. Would love to pick up spin from under 100 yards.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > MTB Black will spin but how much spin are you looking for?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > On half wedges, I’d like them to stop faster... I’ll give the black a try and see how they do...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Assuming they ship!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I thought the original MTB Red was a great spinner on less than full wedge shots. I liked that about it. Hated everything else about the ball but it was good at spinning around the green.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The current MTB Black seems to spin reasonably well, though. I'd imagine most people would find it pretty adequate on those shots, even if slightly less than a few of the highest-spinning models.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We shall see... might also help to get new wedges!

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I m a high spinner. Black will roll a bit, but not long. X will sit and stop.

> > > >

> > > > I liked how the x played but decided to try the black... I think improving my contact will have a much bigger impact.

> > >

> > > For me, Black flies straighter, lower and spins less. X is longer but I want balls on fairway.

> >

> > That reads to me like I should be playing blacks... I have no issues with distance on the course.

>

> looking forward to your post round review.

Still waiting on them to ship... back order was supposed to be done on June 26th, but haven't had word from them. I'm sure they are overwhelmed right now, and I get that... but I want some golf balls!

Edit: Snell Customer service reached out (I e-mailed them on Sunday) and said the balls should ship in the next day or two... obviously not the response I wanted, but I'm sure they have their own issues. I will continue to support Snell. I'm sure the Mai Golf Thai report has put a significant burden on their resources... Hopefully future orders will ship faster (or I will plan ahead better)

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I decided to give the MTB X another try after finding it a little too firm my first time out with it. This time I only took the X so I couldn't switch in the middle of the round.

So the big difference was, I was hitting drives further than I have in a long time. Noticeably longer to me. Loved the way it checked up on the greens. I'm now aiming my approach shots to land nearer to the hole because I know I can make them stop and not roll out another 10 feet. There wasn't one thing that I didn't enjoy about the X. It's now in the bag for good.

I should add that I am not a high swing player, in fact, I'm 71 and play senior shafts in all my clubs. In fact, that's been my biggest issue... drives just weren't quite long enough. The X now brings me much closer to getting a GIR than any other ball I've played. Of course, distance is nothing if you can't keep it in the fairway, but I'm finding that it does indeed spin less off the driver because I was hitting fairway after fairway.

• Like 3

Just purchased a few packs of the MTB-X American Flag balls. Totally pumped that @"Snell Golf" is starting to roll out these balls. I hope he gets to a point where he can offer custom initials and/or designs. Either way, though, these balls look awesome in photos... can't wait to see them when they are delivered.

• Like 2

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @jjfcpa said:

> I decided to give the MTB X another try after finding it a little too firm my first time out with it. This time I only took the X so I couldn't switch in the middle of the round.

>

> So the big difference was, I was hitting drives further than I have in a long time. Noticeably longer to me. Loved the way it checked up on the greens. I'm now aiming my approach shots to land nearer to the hole because I know I can make them stop and not roll out another 10 feet. There wasn't one thing that I didn't enjoy about the X. It's now in the bag for good.

>

> I should add that I am not a high swing player, in fact, I'm 71 and play senior shafts in all my clubs. In fact, that's been my biggest issue... drives just weren't quite long enough. The X now brings me much closer to getting a GIR than any other ball I've played. Of course, distance is nothing if you can't keep it in the fairway, but I'm finding that it does indeed spin less off the driver because I was hitting fairway after fairway.

Sorry for the slight delay and thanks for your patience. The golf balls were delivered into Boston, but they got delayed with paperwork issues before released yesterday.. we are shipping the orders out today, if we have to stay here all day... thanks again for your patience.

> @"Snell Golf" said:

> > @jjfcpa said:

> > I decided to give the MTB X another try after finding it a little too firm my first time out with it. This time I only took the X so I couldn't switch in the middle of the round.

> >

> > So the big difference was, I was hitting drives further than I have in a long time. Noticeably longer to me. Loved the way it checked up on the greens. I'm now aiming my approach shots to land nearer to the hole because I know I can make them stop and not roll out another 10 feet. There wasn't one thing that I didn't enjoy about the X. It's now in the bag for good.

> >

> > I should add that I am not a high swing player, in fact, I'm 71 and play senior shafts in all my clubs. In fact, that's been my biggest issue... drives just weren't quite long enough. The X now brings me much closer to getting a GIR than any other ball I've played. Of course, distance is nothing if you can't keep it in the fairway, but I'm finding that it does indeed spin less off the driver because I was hitting fairway after fairway.

>

> Sorry for the slight delay and thanks for your patience. The golf balls were delivered into Boston, but they got delayed with paperwork issues before released yesterday.. we are shipping the orders out today, if we have to stay here all day... thanks again for your patience.

I'm assuming this was meant for me, and I appreciate the response and your customer service (and their response). I understand the problems facing a smaller manufacturer and appreciate the support on the forums. Honestly, were I not out of golf balls that I like, I wouldn't care... It's mostly my own lack of preparation that has lead to my suffering.

I'm looking forward to my order and hope you guys don't work crazy late tonight!

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

If you're a serious golfer> @rh25 said:

> Huge Snell golf ball fan. Started with the original MTB and now I’m playing through 5 dozen MTB Reds. If I’m spinning the ball too much with my irons and wedges and losing distance should I be Playing the MTB Black since it’s supposed to spin less with irons? Thanks for the help

Yes.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I've played quite a bit of golf now with the X and the regular MTB. The MTB seems to be a better fit with my G410 irons. Softer feel which I like and the spin is just fine. Feels better off the putter too.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Just waiting on the friendly FedEx man to drop off my 2 dozen... don't know why, but I'm hype to try the black out...

Have a new driver shaft coming next week. It's low score July!!!

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

MTB-X against the Black and I’ll take the MTB-X all day and then some. Great ball and love the yellow. Excellent greenside spin and flies long and straight off the driver.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @OspreyCI said:

> MTB-X against the Black and I’ll take the MTB-X all day and then some. Great ball and love the yellow. Excellent greenside spin and flies long and straight off the driver.

Couldn't agree more and I've played the black for the last year and recently tried to X. The X is everything the black is and more...

• Like 1

> @jjfcpa said:

> > @OspreyCI said:

> > MTB-X against the Black and I’ll take the MTB-X all day and then some. Great ball and love the yellow. Excellent greenside spin and flies long and straight off the driver.

>

> Couldn't agree more and I've played the black for the last year and recently tried to X. The X is everything the black is and more...

>

How does the MTB-X compare to the old MTB Red ball?

I found that the Reds spun so much that they just fell out of the air -- i.e., the Reds were shorter than the MTB Blacks. And, I am not a high swingspeed player, only low 90s with the driver.

> @DrDon said:

> > @jjfcpa said:

> > > @OspreyCI said:

> > > MTB-X against the Black and I’ll take the MTB-X all day and then some. Great ball and love the yellow. Excellent greenside spin and flies long and straight off the driver.

> >

> > Couldn't agree more and I've played the black for the last year and recently tried to X. The X is everything the black is and more...

> >

>

> How does the MTB-X compare to the old MTB Red ball?

>

> I found that the Reds spun so much that they just fell out of the air -- i.e., the Reds were shorter than the MTB Blacks. And, I am not a high swingspeed player, only low 90s with the driver.

I played a box of Reds and felt they were too hard. Didn’t like them at all. The X is softer and longer and just all around better. I’d compare them to the ProV1 or ProV1x.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I have played 3 rounds with the MTB-X now, and really like them. Plenty of spin, distance is fine, and they seem to take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. The feel is...different. I would describe it as "heavy," which isn't a bad thing.

Srixon Z785 
Cleveland Classic XL 14*, Black Tie X
Srixon Z945 3-PW, Project X 6.5
Cleveland RTX 3 52*, 56* 60*, Dynamic Gold 
Odyssey Sabretooth Backstryke w/Flat Cat 

> @scotty_2987 said:

> How does the original MTB compare to the X and black? Which is it closest too?

Black is closest to original.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I’m waiting on 24 mtb black... my best ball this season was the Bridgestone b x. Would love to pick up spin from under 100 yards.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > MTB Black will spin but how much spin are you looking for?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > On half wedges, I’d like them to stop faster... I’ll give the black a try and see how they do...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Assuming they ship!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I thought the original MTB Red was a great spinner on less than full wedge shots. I liked that about it. Hated everything else about the ball but it was good at spinning around the green.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The current MTB Black seems to spin reasonably well, though. I'd imagine most people would find it pretty adequate on those shots, even if slightly less than a few of the highest-spinning models.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We shall see... might also help to get new wedges!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I m a high spinner. Black will roll a bit, but not long. X will sit and stop.

> > > > >

> > > > > I liked how the x played but decided to try the black... I think improving my contact will have a much bigger impact.

> > > >

> > > > For me, Black flies straighter, lower and spins less. X is longer but I want balls on fairway.

> > >

> > > That reads to me like I should be playing blacks... I have no issues with distance on the course.

> >

> > looking forward to your post round review.

>

> Still waiting on them to ship... back order was supposed to be done on June 26th, but haven't had word from them. I'm sure they are overwhelmed right now, and I get that... but I want some golf balls!

>

> Edit: Snell Customer service reached out (I e-mailed them on Sunday) and said the balls should ship in the next day or two... obviously not the response I wanted, but I'm sure they have their own issues. I will continue to support Snell. I'm sure the Mai Golf Thai report has put a significant burden on their resources... Hopefully future orders will ship faster (or I will plan ahead better)

OK, balls finally got played. I only hit them for 9 holes, so a more in depth review will follow... A couple of other disclosures... I'm working on a swing change... basically, working on getting my hands ahead of my club to keep launch and spin down. I'm working on changing equipment as well, so today was my first round with a new driver shaft and I hadn't gotten it regripped for a midsize grip.

On the ball testing front, I decided I wanted to find my one true ball this season. I was looking for something that performed well and didn't have a premium price tag. I have tried: MG C4s, Snell MTB-X, Kirkland K3s, Srixon Q-Stars, TaylorMade TP5x, Bridgestone BX and I've hit some found ProV1s and Xs. I'm a high swing speed player, working on controlling my ball flight and getting less spin on the driver. My ideal iron shot hits and stops. I tend to have under 150 yards into par 4s, so I need a ball that performs on less than full swings. I haven't noticed much of a difference in urethane balls around the green and my putter tends to run hot or cold, so while I notice the different feels, it's less important to me... If a ball performs elsewhere, I can make it work around the green.

Overall, my priorities are: Can I hit it with a 3/4 wedge swing keep it low and have it bounce and stop; Does it perform off the driver and does it feel good off the driver; how does it perform on full iron shots.

The things I'm looking for most are confidence and consistency. My goal this summer was to find a ball I could game this season and next without breaking the bank.

The previous winner was the Bridgestone B X. It performed all around for me, I hit it solid, liked the ball flight, it performed fairly well on the greens and I found a dozen for $35. Sadly, I only bought 1 dozen, so it priced itself out of my market.

I like Dean Snell. I like his back story. I like his participation on this forum. I like that he's running a small company and I think his business model makes sense in the current marketplace. I want to like Snell golf balls. I started the season with the MTB X.

And I kept searching.

Today, I gamed the MTB Black. If you believe Mai Golf Thai, I was giving up yardage with my driver vs the X. On the course, I did not find that to be true. I hit some bombs with the MTB Black. It went as far as any ball I've hit. Opened my round with a 300+ drive down the middle (the worm burner I actually started with will not be discussed further, I was jumping a gap on the back 9 and didn't fully warm up). On a downhill half wedge, my ball hit and jumped about 4 feet. Our greens are hard right now, so this was exactly what I wanted out of it. It felt good off the irons and the driver. It was fine with wedges and my putter.

I really like this golf ball. I have no complaints about it, and I'm excited to keep playing the 2 dozen I ordered. I got my grip fixed on my new shaft and am looking forward to seeing where I can bomb it tomorrow. I liked it's launch and felt like I was keeping spin under control. I gamed it for a few holes against the TP5X and it solidly outperformed it for me.

Short of the 2 for 1 srixon deal, I think Snell is the best bargain on the market. It flat out performed for me and I'm curious to see how my next few rounds go with it... As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with Ball Quest 2019.

The one minor quibble I have is that it's not readily available... but that's a logistics problem, not a golf problem. I'm good at logistics. I'll order more with more lead time the next time around.

• Like 4

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I’m waiting on 24 mtb black... my best ball this season was the Bridgestone b x. Would love to pick up spin from under 100 yards.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > MTB Black will spin but how much spin are you looking for?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > On half wedges, I’d like them to stop faster... I’ll give the black a try and see how they do...

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Assuming they ship!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I thought the original MTB Red was a great spinner on less than full wedge shots. I liked that about it. Hated everything else about the ball but it was good at spinning around the green.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The current MTB Black seems to spin reasonably well, though. I'd imagine most people would find it pretty adequate on those shots, even if slightly less than a few of the highest-spinning models.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We shall see... might also help to get new wedges!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I m a high spinner. Black will roll a bit, but not long. X will sit and stop.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I liked how the x played but decided to try the black... I think improving my contact will have a much bigger impact.

> > > > >

> > > > > For me, Black flies straighter, lower and spins less. X is longer but I want balls on fairway.

> > > >

> > > > That reads to me like I should be playing blacks... I have no issues with distance on the course.

> > >

> > > looking forward to your post round review.

> >

> > Still waiting on them to ship... back order was supposed to be done on June 26th, but haven't had word from them. I'm sure they are overwhelmed right now, and I get that... but I want some golf balls!

> >

> > Edit: Snell Customer service reached out (I e-mailed them on Sunday) and said the balls should ship in the next day or two... obviously not the response I wanted, but I'm sure they have their own issues. I will continue to support Snell. I'm sure the Mai Golf Thai report has put a significant burden on their resources... Hopefully future orders will ship faster (or I will plan ahead better)

>

> OK, balls finally got played. I only hit them for 9 holes, so a more in depth review will follow... A couple of other disclosures... I'm working on a swing change... basically, working on getting my hands ahead of my club to keep launch and spin down. I'm working on changing equipment as well, so today was my first round with a new driver shaft and I hadn't gotten it regripped for a midsize grip.

>

> On the ball testing front, I decided I wanted to find my one true ball this season. I was looking for something that performed well and didn't have a premium price tag. I have tried: MG C4s, Snell MTB-X, Kirkland K3s, Srixon Q-Stars, TaylorMade TP5x, Bridgestone BX and I've hit some found ProV1s and Xs. I'm a high swing speed player, working on controlling my ball flight and getting less spin on the driver. My ideal iron shot hits and stops. I tend to have under 150 yards into par 4s, so I need a ball that performs on less than full swings. I haven't noticed much of a difference in urethane balls around the green and my putter tends to run hot or cold, so while I notice the different feels, it's less important to me... If a ball performs elsewhere, I can make it work around the green.

>

> Overall, my priorities are: Can I hit it with a 3/4 wedge swing keep it low and have it bounce and stop; Does it perform off the driver and does it feel good off the driver; how does it perform on full iron shots.

>

> The things I'm looking for most are confidence and consistency. My goal this summer was to find a ball I could game this season and next without breaking the bank.

>

> The previous winner was the Bridgestone B X. It performed all around for me, I hit it solid, liked the ball flight, it performed fairly well on the greens and I found a dozen for $35. Sadly, I only bought 1 dozen, so it priced itself out of my market.

>

> I like Dean Snell. I like his back story. I like his participation on this forum. I like that he's running a small company and I think his business model makes sense in the current marketplace. I want to like Snell golf balls. I started the season with the MTB X.

>

> And I kept searching.

>

> Today, I gamed the MTB Black. If you believe Mai Golf Thai, I was giving up yardage with my driver vs the X. On the course, I did not find that to be true. I hit some bombs with the MTB Black. It went as far as any ball I've hit. Opened my round with a 300+ drive down the middle (the worm burner I actually started with will not be discussed further, I was jumping a gap on the back 9 and didn't fully warm up). On a downhill half wedge, my ball hit and jumped about 4 feet. Our greens are hard right now, so this was exactly what I wanted out of it. It felt good off the irons and the driver. It was fine with wedges and my putter.

>

> I really like this golf ball. I have no complaints about it, and I'm excited to keep playing the 2 dozen I ordered. I got my grip fixed on my new shaft and am looking forward to seeing where I can bomb it tomorrow. I liked it's launch and felt like I was keeping spin under control. I gamed it for a few holes against the TP5X and it solidly outperformed it for me.

>

> Short of the 2 for 1 srixon deal, I think Snell is the best bargain on the market. It flat out performed for me and I'm curious to see how my next few rounds go with it... As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with Ball Quest 2019.

>

> The one minor quibble I have is that it's not readily available... but that's a logistics problem, not a golf problem. I'm good at logistics. I'll order more with more lead time the next time around.

I knew it!

Haha. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll let you know how it goes as I game them further... I think the consistency of one ball is going to help me a ton.

I'm hoping I have my driver sorted out too... Picked up a Cobra LTD head here and didn't like the shaft it came with... picked up a 73g Aldila on EBay and got along with the combo well for the first 6 holes... then my hands decided they wanted to be part of my golf swing, so I got it regripped.

I think I'm going to be done on the ball and driver front, but plan on getting a few more rounds in to make sure!

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @Myherobobhope said:

> Haha. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll let you know how it goes as I game them further... I think the consistency of one ball is going to help me a ton.

>

> I'm hoping I have my driver sorted out too... Picked up a Cobra LTD head here and didn't like the shaft it came with... picked up a 73g Aldila on EBay and got along with the combo well for the first 6 holes... then my hands decided they wanted to be part of my golf swing, so I got it regripped.

>

> I think I'm going to be done on the ball and driver front, but plan on getting a few more rounds in to make sure!

I wonder how your bag rebuilding will come along too. Indeed, ebay is like treasure case.

It’s been an interesting process... I started buying new irons and got laid off. My driver is $150 between head and shaft. I picked up a $50 hybrid that I like... once I’m gainfully employed again, things might get weird.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @Myherobobhope said:

> It’s been an interesting process... I started buying new irons and got laid off. My driver is $150 between head and shaft. I picked up a $50 hybrid that I like... once I’m gainfully employed again, things might get weird.

Dude. Perfect time to play a s#^to load of golf. There's a mini by my house that lets walkers just roam after work on weekdays. Gotta have somewhere like that close I hope.

> @Justsomeguy said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > It’s been an interesting process... I started buying new irons and got laid off. My driver is $150 between head and shaft. I picked up a $50 hybrid that I like... once I’m gainfully employed again, things might get weird.

>

> Dude. Perfect time to play a s#^to load of golf. There's a mini by my house that lets walkers just roam after work on weekdays. Gotta have somewhere like that close I hope.

Currently blessed to be a trophy husband. Played 27 yesterday... I get a hall pass for golf Tuesday through Friday.

My current biggest problem is I’m not playing focused / serious golf... really need to get concentrated on the course.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @Justsomeguy said:

> > > It’s been an interesting process... I started buying new irons and got laid off. My driver is $150 between head and shaft. I picked up a $50 hybrid that I like... once I’m gainfully employed again, things might get weird.

> >

> > Dude. Perfect time to play a s#^to load of golf. There's a mini by my house that lets walkers just roam after work on weekdays. Gotta have somewhere like that close I hope.

>

> Currently blessed to be a trophy husband. Played 27 yesterday... I get a hall pass for golf Tuesday through Friday.

>

> My current biggest problem is I’m not playing focused / serious golf... really need to get concentrated on the course.

>

Sounds like you need accountable & competitive partner.

> @flushem said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > @Justsomeguy said:

> > > > It’s been an interesting process... I started buying new irons and got laid off. My driver is $150 between head and shaft. I picked up a $50 hybrid that I like... once I’m gainfully employed again, things might get weird.

> > >

> > > Dude. Perfect time to play a s#^to load of golf. There's a mini by my house that lets walkers just roam after work on weekdays. Gotta have somewhere like that close I hope.

> >

> > Currently blessed to be a trophy husband. Played 27 yesterday... I get a hall pass for golf Tuesday through Friday.

> >

> > My current biggest problem is I’m not playing focused / serious golf... really need to get concentrated on the course.

> >

>

> Sounds like you need accountable & competitive partner.

I really do... sadly, finding guys my age / skill range who can play during the week is a tough nut to crack... It's all good. I'm working on improving during the week and will try to rejoin the competitive weekend groups once I can...

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I left an eagle putt short today. I hit the snell ball well. I’ve never had an eagle putt on this hole.

I was playing from the tips.

I left an eagle putt short today.

Curse words.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > > @Justsomeguy said:

> > > > > It’s been an interesting process... I started buying new irons and got laid off. My driver is $150 between head and shaft. I picked up a $50 hybrid that I like... once I’m gainfully employed again, things might get weird.

> > > >

> > > > Dude. Perfect time to play a s#^to load of golf. There's a mini by my house that lets walkers just roam after work on weekdays. Gotta have somewhere like that close I hope.

> > >

> > > Currently blessed to be a trophy husband. Played 27 yesterday... I get a hall pass for golf Tuesday through Friday.

> > >

> > > My current biggest problem is I’m not playing focused / serious golf... really need to get concentrated on the course.

> > >

> >

> > Sounds like you need accountable & competitive partner.

>

> I really do... sadly, finding guys my age / skill range who can play during the week is a tough nut to crack... It's all good. I'm working on improving during the week and will try to rejoin the competitive weekend groups once I can...

You don't necessarily need someone your age/skill range to play competitively. That's where the handicap system comes in.

Like you, I get to play a lot of golf during the week and the players are mostly seniors. Find someone who is competitive, is willing to put a few buck on the line, and negotiate strokes based on handicap differential. I am 48 and play with a few seniors who's handicaps are 5-10 strokes higher than mine. Over time we've come to a strokes allowed agreement that puts us fairly close to each other. I play the back tees and they play the senior tees (6800 yds vs 6100 yds). Its super competitive and always a lot of fun. Having to give strokes, along with $20 or more on the line will make you focus.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime