SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Really want to order some but still not sure on the Black or X. Been playing the ‘19 Pro V1 so I’m assuming the Black? I like a little lower launch and spin with full wedges. I have no issue generating either and like to flight my wedges.

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

> @drvrwdge said:

> Really want to order some but still not sure on the Black or X. Been playing the ‘19 Pro V1 so I’m assuming the Black? I like a little lower launch and spin with full wedges. I have no issue generating either and like to flight my wedges.

I'd bet the black, but I'm not sure... I'm an X player in pretty much everything else, and vastly prefer the Blacks. May just be a timing thing in that the Blacks were tested at the end of my hunt and the Xs were the 2nd ball I tried. Had I been smart, I would have saved 2 of ever dozen I bought, but I'm not smart.

Also, after a round of hitting the ball well, the Black performs for me how I want a golf ball to perform. No issues with spin, feel, putting, around the green or durability... Hit one a full 18 today, including a cart path, and it's back in the bag... It's a solid golf ball all around and other 2 for 1 deals, I don't think there is a better value in golf.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I am probably going to buy a sample pack. How big of a difference are we talking about between the two balls for those whom have hit both? Minute? Or pretty sizable? As far as feel spin?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @Minarets said:

> I am probably going to buy a sample pack. How big of a difference are we talking about between the two balls for those whom have hit both? Minute? Or pretty sizable? As far as feel spin?

I haven’t tried them side by side, but know I like the black better... feel mostly, I think.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I played the Black last year and loved it. I remember making lukewarm comments on here when they introduced the X because it seemed like they just gave the ‘other’ ball some of the attributes that my beloved Black already had.

I finally ordered a couple of boxes of the X to try them. Assumed they’d be clicky and high-compression and I’d hate them.

They’re clicky and high compression and I love them.

Broke 40 for 9 for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago with this ball.

All of the control I could want on iron shots and - even with some swing speed reductions due to minor injuries - I feel like I can murder the X off the tee. I think I’m over at least the super soft ball craze... It really doesn’t equate to feel for me for some reason.

Which is best? Both.

• Like 1

Each player hears and feels things different, but I love the sound and feel of the MTB-X. It is the best ball I’ve used around the greens. It spins just right for me...not too much and not too little and it’s consistent shot to shot. I can stop it or run it with no problem.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Currently in Maui, and played 3 rounds at the Kaanapali Golf Course. I had different playing partners each day and being a Snell evangelist, I offered each playing partner an MTB X so that they could compare it to their current game ball. Some were playing Callaway, some Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x, and some were playing other brands. To a player, they all raved at how the MTB X performed. Loved the way it launched off the driver and the way it spun on approach shots. No problems off the putter. They all asked how to purchase because only one of them had heard of Snell before. I gave them the back story on Dean Snell and explained how to order. Some were impressed by the performance vs price compared to their current gamer. I ended up giving away 3 sleeves of MTB X if only to validate that it is indeed a great ball and that most golfers, if they tried it, would see how they are not giving up any performance in lieu of saving a few dollars. BTW, the MTB X performed admirably for me too. Not thinking of switching any time soon.

One guy was a bomber and hit it close to 370 on a downhill par 4.

Ok, I officially LOVE the X.

It's straight, long, and feels great off the iron face.

Stops on a dime with the long irons and even backs up quite a bit in my short clubs.

Played Vice the last couple years and I really think these are closer to The ProV1x.

Bulk purchase upcoming....

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

finally pulled the trigger on the yellow sample pack. i really struggle deciding which Pro V i prefer. i had always been a ProV1 guy but this year tried out the 2019 ProV1x and like it just as well. Haven't been able to tell much difference in spin or distance. I feel both have been really consistent in my game this year and i have gotten my HC back down to a 6.6. I am going to give these Snells a go and see if I can make out a difference.

> @Minarets said:

> finally pulled the trigger on the yellow sample pack. i really struggle deciding which Pro V i prefer. i had always been a ProV1 guy but this year tried out the 2019 ProV1x and like it just as well. Haven't been able to tell much difference in spin or distance. I feel both have been really consistent in my game this year and i have gotten my HC back down to a 6.6. I am going to give these Snells a go and see if I can make out a difference.

The only difference you may find is in how much money stays in your pocket and how great these balls play. To some, it's just a ball, but to a golfer, it's what comes into play on every single shot. Why play something that doesn't compliment your game and the work you put into it.

> @jjfcpa said:

> > @Minarets said:

> > finally pulled the trigger on the yellow sample pack. i really struggle deciding which Pro V i prefer. i had always been a ProV1 guy but this year tried out the 2019 ProV1x and like it just as well. Haven't been able to tell much difference in spin or distance. I feel both have been really consistent in my game this year and i have gotten my HC back down to a 6.6. I am going to give these Snells a go and see if I can make out a difference.

>

> The only difference you may find is in how much money stays in your pocket and how great these balls play. To some, it's just a ball, but to a golfer, it's what comes into play on every single shot. Why play something that doesn't compliment your game and the work you put into it.

>

Snell yellow is so much brighter than prov1's. Very easy ball tracking.

• Like 1

> @flushem said:

> > @jjfcpa said:

> > > @Minarets said:

> > > finally pulled the trigger on the yellow sample pack. i really struggle deciding which Pro V i prefer. i had always been a ProV1 guy but this year tried out the 2019 ProV1x and like it just as well. Haven't been able to tell much difference in spin or distance. I feel both have been really consistent in my game this year and i have gotten my HC back down to a 6.6. I am going to give these Snells a go and see if I can make out a difference.

> >

> > The only difference you may find is in how much money stays in your pocket and how great these balls play. To some, it's just a ball, but to a golfer, it's what comes into play on every single shot. Why play something that doesn't compliment your game and the work you put into it.

> >

>

> Snell yellow is so much brighter than prov1's. Very easy ball tracking.

Nice to hear this. I do love the new ProV yellow but have heard many positives on the Snell yellow.

How does the X compare to the Srixon XV for those who've played both? I'm working my way slowly through my stash of Srixon. I enjoy the XV and std Z Star. I have had the XV balloon on me with the approach shots due to lots of spin. That's just a characteristic of how I hit the ball. (forever refining my swing...) I happened to see my first MTB-X a couple days ago when I found it in the basket of range balls at the local big range. That went in my bag for testing...don't tell the range police. Heck, given the amount of overpriced IPA I buy there they should give me a dozen MTB-X...

> @BeerPerHole said:

> How does the X compare to the Srixon XV for those who've played both? I'm working my way slowly through my stash of Srixon. I enjoy the XV and std Z Star. I have had the XV balloon on me with the approach shots due to lots of spin. That's just a characteristic of how I hit the ball. (forever refining my swing...) I happened to see my first MTB-X a couple days ago when I found it in the basket of range balls at the local big range. That went in my bag for testing...don't tell the range police. Heck, given the amount of overpriced IPA I buy there they should give me a dozen MTB-X...

To me both the MTB X and Srixon XV are fantastic. I'd give it slightly to the MTB X but I could play either ball forever. Great combo of fantastic off the driver but enough spin for approach shots to stick.

For those that are interested a new batch of the Snell MTB X with the Stars and Stripes were just released... Get 'em before they're gone!

> @PorscheFan said:

> > @BeerPerHole said:

> > How does the X compare to the Srixon XV for those who've played both? I'm working my way slowly through my stash of Srixon. I enjoy the XV and std Z Star. I have had the XV balloon on me with the approach shots due to lots of spin. That's just a characteristic of how I hit the ball. (forever refining my swing...) I happened to see my first MTB-X a couple days ago when I found it in the basket of range balls at the local big range. That went in my bag for testing...don't tell the range police. Heck, given the amount of overpriced IPA I buy there they should give me a dozen MTB-X...

>

> To me both the MTB X and Srixon XV are fantastic. I'd give it slightly to the MTB X but I could play either ball forever. Great combo of fantastic off the driver but enough spin for approach shots to stick.

>

> For those that are interested a new batch of the Snell MTB X with the Stars and Stripes were just released... Get 'em before they're gone!

MTB-X is softer imo. Both are darn solid off the tee and similar trajectory and distance for me. Irons the MTB-X has more spin with longer irons. Where the MTB-X really separates itself is 100 yards and in. Thing plays and feels like a pro V. Spin is awesome. Softer off the putter, too.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

> @Mob said:

> This will sound crazy, but I bought the MTB-X last week and played my first round with it on Saturday. I am a 6 index, and my best round is a 73. Well on Saturday, I hit 15/18 greens in regulation, which is a first for me, and shot a 69. There were a couple of variables but still, a milestone for me. My low round prior to this round, this season, was a 77. While I may not be able to attribute this all to a new golf ball, it still has to be my new gamer going forward. Just bought another 2 dozen online. Thanks Dean!! a1277blv451u.jpg

>

>

Congrats....that’s fantastic. The best thing about golf is that regardless of ability or hdcp we all have our personal par. And when we knock the doors off of that the first time it’s the same feeling whether it’s 89, 79 or 69. We’ll done...cheers

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Very much looking forward to trying the X. Still got a few boxes of Red left, hoping the X will take some spin off irons...

Mizuno ST-Z @7.5/LA Golf Trono 65X
Mizuno ST-Z @16/Oban Devotion 75X
Srixon U65 @20/Nippon 130s

Miura CB57 5-PW/Nippon 130S
Titleist SM7 50 & 54/Nippon 130S

Cleveland RTX4 58/Nippon 130S

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 62/Nippon 130S
LAB DF2.1

Have been an MTB/MTB Black player for the last few year but was curious to see what the X had to offer. Tried MTB Red and thought I lost some distance but after reading the testing done by that "other site" I decided to borrow some from a buddy and see if the X would be different.

I am a convert.

The biggest advantage I get with the X is better control with short irons and chips. Much easier to stop the ball then the Black. No appreciable loss in distance off the tee (in fact, I may be picking up some yardage. But not a lot). Putting is similar to Black with a bit firmer feel. Same for the driver, firm but not rock-like by any means. I also think the X is more resilient.

Got my 5 dozen a few weeks ago (I think that's my 3rd or 4th bulk order)....thanks Dean.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

> @Mob said:

> This will sound crazy, but I bought the MTB-X last week and played my first round with it on Saturday. I am a 6 index, and my best round is a 73. Well on Saturday, I hit 15/18 greens in regulation, which is a first for me, and shot a 69. There were a couple of variables but still, a milestone for me. My low round prior to this round, this season, was a 77. While I may not be able to attribute this all to a new golf ball, it still has to be my new gamer going forward. Just bought another 2 dozen online. Thanks Dean!! a1277blv451u.jpg

>

>

Thats awesome.. congrats on the low round.. appreciate the order and support... 68 up next...

> @Justsomeguy said:

> > @cpeck said:

> > i definitely do. i also prefer the bxs over the x and the prov1 over the x. > @Justsomeguy said:

> > > Does anyone actually prefer the black?

> >

> >

>

> What differentiates the two that you like?

It really comes down to sacrificing a little bit of iron spin and potential ball speed for a little softer feel. The differences are subtle. I prefer the X, BX, ProV1X, which supports the pattern of ProV1 players leaning toward Black and ProV1X players leaning toward X. There's also the "intangible" element. For example, when the Black/Red came out I ordered the sample pack. I absolutely "preferred" the Black, but I consistently shot lower rounds with the Red (except on windy days). The adjustments to the X from the Red for aerodynamics in the wind were perfect. The Black was already an excellent wind ball.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova