2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Just received a dozen MTB-X in yellow. I inspected all and did not see any seam. My balls look good to me. Hope to play some time this week to see how they are.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

> @swish16 said:

> > @DLiver said:

> > > @GolfTurkey said:

> > > > @DLiver said:

> > > > Based on the "unnamed" golf ball report, I decided to get a couple dozen MTB-x's. I put one into play yesterday on the first hole. I had a nice drive (high ball flight), and a decent iron into the green. I marked my ball, and when I went to replace it found that the ball has a noticeable seam. Really? I didn't think balls were allowed to have seams, since (IIRC) this was outlawed after the original Pro Vs came out, and you could gain extra distance by aligning your ball to your target line on tee shots. Anyway, having a noticeable seam on a ball is a non-starter for me, so there is $60 down the drain. :/

> > > I remember seeing a Dean Snell YouTube video about seams and if I remember correctly, every ball has a seam but the ball is not allowed to go further when hit along the seam. Apparently the first ProV1 went further when set up to be hit on the seam off the tee but this was banned and is now tested.

> >

> > Good info--thanks. The Snell's seam is so pronounced that you can't miss it. Unfortunately.

>

> Strange the trial pack I just got I don’t see any noticeable seem on any of mine

I love my Snell's, and they are my ball of choice. However, I wonder if the differing ball conditions being experienced by members of this forum are an indication that the MTB-X has some QC issues. If you consider the dispersion shown in the "unnamed" golf ball report, QC issues would explain why the MTB-X performed poorly (from a dispersion standpoint).

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

anyone here hitting some wild shots that you thought you nutted well?> @Philomathesq said:

> > @swish16 said:

> > > @DLiver said:

> > > > @GolfTurkey said:

> > > > > @DLiver said:

> > > > > Based on the "unnamed" golf ball report, I decided to get a couple dozen MTB-x's. I put one into play yesterday on the first hole. I had a nice drive (high ball flight), and a decent iron into the green. I marked my ball, and when I went to replace it found that the ball has a noticeable seam. Really? I didn't think balls were allowed to have seams, since (IIRC) this was outlawed after the original Pro Vs came out, and you could gain extra distance by aligning your ball to your target line on tee shots. Anyway, having a noticeable seam on a ball is a non-starter for me, so there is $60 down the drain. :/

> > > > I remember seeing a Dean Snell YouTube video about seams and if I remember correctly, every ball has a seam but the ball is not allowed to go further when hit along the seam. Apparently the first ProV1 went further when set up to be hit on the seam off the tee but this was banned and is now tested.

> > >

> > > Good info--thanks. The Snell's seam is so pronounced that you can't miss it. Unfortunately.

> >

> > Strange the trial pack I just got I don’t see any noticeable seem on any of mine

>

> I love my Snell's, and they are my ball of choice. However, I wonder if the differing ball conditions being experienced by members of this forum are an indication that the MTB-X has some QC issues. If you consider the dispersion shown in the "unnamed" golf ball report, QC issues would explain why the MTB-X performed poorly (from a dispersion standpoint).

> @cpeck said:

> anyone here hitting some wild shots that you thought you nutted well?> @Philomathesq said:

Well, now that you mention it, I did have an interesting shot yesterday. I typically carry between 240 and 250 with my driver, and generally pretty straight. When I miss, it is usually a pull left. Yesterday, I'm having an excellent driving day, hitting every fairway perfectly. On the 15th, I must have muscled up and found some extra swing speed, because I hit the ball dead straight... into the water (it's an island hole), which is about 275 from the tee. I've never hit a better drive in my life. So, I take a drop with a new ball, get it on the green, put it in, and move to the next hole. Next hole is a short par 3, so I use an 7-iron and nothing crazy. Next hole, though, is a par 5. I teed up the new ball for the first time with a driver. The ball sliced like crazy and ended up about 50 yards off to the right on the fairway of the next hole. I thought I hit it perfectly, and upon examining my driver, I could see that I hit it right in the middle of the damn club. No idea how the ball ended up where it did. I just assumed it was because I had an open club face, but now I wonder if it was something with the ball.

Who knows?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"

still wondering if everything is good with dean. has he chimed in here since he last spoke about not doing that live interview or whatever?

on that ball was the seam visible? i have never had a problem with the mtb b that i have played for quite some time going off line with it being ball error vs myself atleast i thought! got curious about the mtbx and ordered a dozen last night just to check out as i am super happy with my current ball. > @Philomathesq said:

> > @cpeck said:

> > anyone here hitting some wild shots that you thought you nutted well?> @Philomathesq said:

>

> Well, now that you mention it, I did have an interesting shot yesterday. I typically carry between 240 and 250 with my driver, and generally pretty straight. When I miss, it is usually a pull left. Yesterday, I'm having an excellent driving day, hitting every fairway perfectly. On the 15th, I must have muscled up and found some extra swing speed, because I hit the ball dead straight... into the water (it's an island hole), which is about 275 from the tee. I've never hit a better drive in my life. So, I take a drop with a new ball, get it on the green, put it in, and move to the next hole. Next hole is a short par 3, so I use an 7-iron and nothing crazy. Next hole, though, is a par 5. I teed up the new ball for the first time with a driver. The ball sliced like crazy and ended up about 50 yards off to the right on the fairway of the next hole. I thought I hit it perfectly, and upon examining my driver, I could see that I hit it right in the middle of the **** club. No idea how the ball ended up where it did. I just assumed it was because I had an open club face, but now I wonder if it was something with the ball.

>

> Who knows?

>

>

> @cpeck said:

> still wondering if everything is good with dean. has he chimed in here since he last spoke about not doing that live interview or whatever?

>

> on that ball was the seam visible? i have never had a problem with the mtb b that i have played for quite some time going off line with it being ball error vs myself atleast i thought! got curious about the mtbx and ordered a dozen last night just to check out as i am super happy with my current ball.

You know, I didn't even inspect the ball at the time, as I just so flabbergasted at how the hell it went where it did. I just hit it from the other fairway where it lied (into a bunker, but that was my fault for not making great contact). It is very possible that I just had a horribly open club fact at impact, but it does make me wonder if it was, possibly, the ball.

I have played 7 rounds with the X. It’s the only Snell ball I’ve tried. It’s a fantastic golf ball and I find it long off the driver and wedge spin is very good but extremely consistent. The weather where I live has been awful and every round I’ve played has been windy 10-20. I haven’t hit one shot where the ball did anything funny...I think it performs very good in the wind, especially on the longer shots.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @cpeck said:

> > still wondering if everything is good with dean. has he chimed in here since he last spoke about not doing that live interview or whatever?

> >

> > on that ball was the seam visible? i have never had a problem with the mtb b that i have played for quite some time going off line with it being ball error vs myself atleast i thought! got curious about the mtbx and ordered a dozen last night just to check out as i am super happy with my current ball.

>

> You know, I didn't even inspect the ball at the time, as I just so flabbergasted at how the **** it went where it did. I just hit it from the other fairway where it lied (into a bunker, but that was my fault for not making great contact). It is very possible that I just had a horribly open club fact at impact, but it does make me wonder if it was, possibly, the ball.

>

Just to clarify a bit.. Every ball has a seam on it... there has to be a seam.. how else could the inside of the ball get inside the cover.. two mold halves come together.. now, sometimes these mold halves are arranged where the seam will be alittle visible, and sometimes its set like a sine wave or serpentine where it is not as visible... but there is a a seam there... the USGA makes sure that the balls are symmetrical and test in seam, and cross seam for symmetry. The balls all have to fly the same distance and same trajectory and land with fractions of a second of each no matter how they are tee'd up...the old "seaming it" came from when the original PROV1 was lauched, and there was a distinctive distance difference if tee'd up in-seam.. meaning seam facing down range.. but that was addressed years ago, and is longer an issue...So, there are no worries at all with distance and consistency with respect to a seam.. if has to pass this testing to be legal... As for comments with respect to the other sites testing, I have seen only what everyone on this site has seen with respect to the data and testing... So it is very tough to make any comments at all, because I was not there, and have not seen all the test conditions over the days of testing. What I do know is that we have done several controlled distance tests over the past year, and have seen the dispersion and deviations to be very good from shot to shot. I do know that the golf balls we have are very fast in speed, and would challenge anyone to be legal and faster. That has been confirmed with several independent tests from several different people, including robot testing... So if we get the ball speed as fast as we can legally be, and we have low spin rates off the driver, then the ball has to be long... and this has been shown to be the case. I will not comment on the other balls being shorter, I just know the MTB X and MTB BLACK balls are both very fast in speed, both low in driver spin, and both long off the tee... thank you to those who sent me private messages or emails with respect to the personal issues I had to deal with... part of life, and life goes on and I will be fine.. appreciate the thoughts and support...

• Like 3

> @"Snell Golf" said:

> Just to clarify a bit.. Every ball has a seam on it... there has to be a seam.. how else could the inside of the ball get inside the cover.. two mold halves come together.. now, sometimes these mold halves are arranged where the seam will be alittle visible, and sometimes its set like a sine wave or serpentine where it is not as visible... but there is a a seam there... the USGA makes sure that the balls are symmetrical and test in seam, and cross seam for symmetry. The balls all have to fly the same distance and same trajectory and land with fractions of a second of each no matter how they are tee'd up...the old "seaming it" came from when the original PROV1 was lauched, and there was a distinctive distance difference if tee'd up in-seam.. meaning seam facing down range.. but that was addressed years ago, and is longer an issue...So, there are no worries at all with distance and consistency with respect to a seam.. if has to pass this testing to be legal... As for comments with respect to the other sites testing, I have seen only what everyone on this site has seen with respect to the data and testing... So it is very tough to make any comments at all, because I was not there, and have not seen all the test conditions over the days of testing. What I do know is that we have done several controlled distance tests over the past year, and have seen the dispersion and deviations to be very good from shot to shot. I do know that the golf balls we have are very fast in speed, and would challenge anyone to be legal and faster. That has been confirmed with several independent tests from several different people, including robot testing... So if we get the ball speed as fast as we can legally be, and we have low spin rates off the driver, then the ball has to be long... and this has been shown to be the case. I will not comment on the other balls being shorter, I just know the MTB X and MTB BLACK balls are both very fast in speed, both low in driver spin, and both long off the tee... thank you to those who sent me private messages or emails with respect to the personal issues I had to deal with... part of life, and life goes on and I will be fine.. appreciate the thoughts and support...

Thanks for the insight. We all hope everything is OK. And thanks for making such an excellent product at an unbelievable price point.

> @Joker91 said:

> > @"Snell Golf" said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @cpeck said:

> > > > still wondering if everything is good with dean. has he chimed in here since he last spoke about not doing that live interview or whatever?

> > > >

> > > > on that ball was the seam visible? i have never had a problem with the mtb b that i have played for quite some time going off line with it being ball error vs myself atleast i thought! got curious about the mtbx and ordered a dozen last night just to check out as i am super happy with my current ball.

> > >

> > > You know, I didn't even inspect the ball at the time, as I just so flabbergasted at how the **** it went where it did. I just hit it from the other fairway where it lied (into a bunker, but that was my fault for not making great contact). It is very possible that I just had a horribly open club fact at impact, but it does make me wonder if it was, possibly, the ball.

> > >

> >

> > Just to clarify a bit.. Every ball has a seam on it... there has to be a seam.. how else could the inside of the ball get inside the cover.. two mold halves come together.. now, sometimes these mold halves are arranged where the seam will be alittle visible, and sometimes its set like a sine wave or serpentine where it is not as visible... but there is a a seam there... the USGA makes sure that the balls are symmetrical and test in seam, and cross seam for symmetry. The balls all have to fly the same distance and same trajectory and land with fractions of a second of each no matter how they are tee'd up...the old "seaming it" came from when the original PROV1 was lauched, and there was a distinctive distance difference if tee'd up in-seam.. meaning seam facing down range.. but that was addressed years ago, and is longer an issue...So, there are no worries at all with distance and consistency with respect to a seam.. if has to pass this testing to be legal... **As for comments with respect to the other sites testing, I have seen only what everyone on this site has seen with respect to the data and testing... So it is very tough to make any comments at all, because I was not there, and have not seen all the test conditions over the days of testing.** What I do know is that we have done several controlled distance tests over the past year, and have seen the dispersion and deviations to be very good from shot to shot. I do know that the golf balls we have are very fast in speed, and would challenge anyone to be legal and faster. That has been confirmed with several independent tests from several different people, including robot testing... So if we get the ball speed as fast as we can legally be, and we have low spin rates off the driver, then the ball has to be long... and this has been shown to be the case. I will not comment on the other balls being shorter, I just know the MTB X and MTB BLACK balls are both very fast in speed, both low in driver spin, and both long off the tee... thank you to those who sent me private messages or emails with respect to the personal issues I had to deal with... part of life, and life goes on and I will be fine.. appreciate the thoughts and support...

>

> How can essentially say "no comment" about this test when it comes to consistency and shot dispersion because you weren't there and didn't see the test conditions but send out an email title "Longest Ball in Golf!" and cite the same test in that email?

You are dumber than a bag of hammers. Should Titleist also remind customers that only 3 of the top 15 players in the world choose Titleist when they are touting their ball as the choice of pros?

Image result for dumber than a bag of hammers

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

So I drank the Kool Aid from the ball test and ordered five dozen in yellow. While I only have one round with the ball I can confirm without hesitation that this ball is indeed long. I have played the CS since the Truvis came out in 15 or 16. The MTB X is every bit of 10 yards longer for me (112 SS) than the CS. I especially thought it performed well into the wind. I did not notice any significant difference in distance off of the irons or full shot spin. I thought chips and pitches rolled out a bit more, but I need a bigger sample size to be sure. Durability seems excellent as well as I played with one ball, and it shows almost no wear.

F9 9.5* at 8* Hazardous Red 13* F7 19* Callaway XR Hybrid 4-GW Mizuno HM Pros 55* Mizuno S5 60* Mizuno S5 STX Sync 3 45" Snell MTB Yellow

> @"Snell Golf" said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @cpeck said:

> > > still wondering if everything is good with dean. has he chimed in here since he last spoke about not doing that live interview or whatever?

> > >

> > > on that ball was the seam visible? i have never had a problem with the mtb b that i have played for quite some time going off line with it being ball error vs myself atleast i thought! got curious about the mtbx and ordered a dozen last night just to check out as i am super happy with my current ball.

> >

> > You know, I didn't even inspect the ball at the time, as I just so flabbergasted at how the **** it went where it did. I just hit it from the other fairway where it lied (into a bunker, but that was my fault for not making great contact). It is very possible that I just had a horribly open club fact at impact, but it does make me wonder if it was, possibly, the ball.

> >

>

> Just to clarify a bit.. Every ball has a seam on it... there has to be a seam.. how else could the inside of the ball get inside the cover.. two mold halves come together.. now, sometimes these mold halves are arranged where the seam will be alittle visible, and sometimes its set like a sine wave or serpentine where it is not as visible... but there is a a seam there... the USGA makes sure that the balls are symmetrical and test in seam, and cross seam for symmetry. The balls all have to fly the same distance and same trajectory and land with fractions of a second of each no matter how they are tee'd up...the old "seaming it" came from when the original PROV1 was lauched, and there was a distinctive distance difference if tee'd up in-seam.. meaning seam facing down range.. but that was addressed years ago, and is longer an issue...So, there are no worries at all with distance and consistency with respect to a seam.. if has to pass this testing to be legal... As for comments with respect to the other sites testing, I have seen only what everyone on this site has seen with respect to the data and testing... So it is very tough to make any comments at all, because I was not there, and have not seen all the test conditions over the days of testing. What I do know is that we have done several controlled distance tests over the past year, and have seen the dispersion and deviations to be very good from shot to shot. I do know that the golf balls we have are very fast in speed, and would challenge anyone to be legal and faster. That has been confirmed with several independent tests from several different people, including robot testing... So if we get the ball speed as fast as we can legally be, and we have low spin rates off the driver, then the ball has to be long... and this has been shown to be the case. I will not comment on the other balls being shorter, I just know the MTB X and MTB BLACK balls are both very fast in speed, both low in driver spin, and both long off the tee... thank you to those who sent me private messages or emails with respect to the personal issues I had to deal with... part of life, and life goes on and I will be fine.. appreciate the thoughts and support...

Thanks Dean! I don't know what is going on, but hope everything is ok.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @flushem said:

> MTB X vs CSX - Golf Ball Testing with Driver by TXG

>

>

>

>

I love those guys' videos, but any indoor test completely ignores aerodynamics. I wish they would do these tests outdoors with full flight tracking. I've always gravitated towards Srixon and Snell because they don't balloon as much.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

> @Fairways_and_Greens said:

> > @flushem said:

> > MTB X vs CSX - Golf Ball Testing with Driver by TXG

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I love those guys' videos, but any indoor test completely ignores aerodynamics. I wish they would do these tests outdoors with full flight tracking. I've always gravitated towards Srixon and Snell because they don't balloon as much.

Rick & Mark would do outdoor testing as well as Clay in FL.

I seriously cannot see any issue with the MTB-X. I’m at 9 rounds with it now and haven’t hit one shot that seemed to do anything out of the ordinary. I find the flight with this ball to be fantastic. Holds it’s line in the wind and the spin is very consistent. I’m a plus handicap and former club pro. I’m very particular about my equipment and ball like many on here are. This ball is in my bag going forward. Thanks Dean and Snell golf for the great product and service.

• Like 1

I love the PROV1x 2019 right now but will try the MTB X in yellow soon. From a feel perspective what are the differences in the two? Which is more firm?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @Minarets said:

> I love the PROV1x 2019 right now but will try the MTB X in yellow soon. From a feel perspective what are the differences in the two? Which is more firm?

I just got done playing the X today and I have been a prov1x guy in the past. They feel verrrrry similar. Firm like the X. Spins like the X. Drives as far as the X. Shockingly similar, but half the cost.

• Like 2

> @hwturner17 said:

> > @Minarets said:

> > I love the PROV1x 2019 right now but will try the MTB X in yellow soon. From a feel perspective what are the differences in the two? Which is more firm?

>

> I just got done playing the X today and I have been a prov1x guy in the past. They feel verrrrry similar. Firm like the X. Spins like the X. Drives as far as the X. Shockingly similar, but half the cost.

Thanks

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

In 2017 i was started plahying the My Tour Ball.

In 2018, i started playing the MTB Red because I needed the extra spin . I liked everything about that ball except the sound of it. So I switched to the MTB Black and have been playing that since March last year. Until now.

after reading about the X on Deans website, I got a dozen. Played the first round with it today, and Im switching to the X model

• Like 1

> @Minarets said:

> I love the PROV1x 2019 right now but will try the MTB X in yellow soon. From a feel perspective what are the differences in the two? Which is more firm?

I played ProV1X forever and the Mtb-x is very similar in feel both on full shots and wedges/putts. Ball flight to me is slightly lower than the Titleist.

> @Joker91 said:

> > @"Snell Golf" said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @cpeck said:

> > > > still wondering if everything is good with dean. has he chimed in here since he last spoke about not doing that live interview or whatever?

> > > >

> > > > on that ball was the seam visible? i have never had a problem with the mtb b that i have played for quite some time going off line with it being ball error vs myself atleast i thought! got curious about the mtbx and ordered a dozen last night just to check out as i am super happy with my current ball.

> > >

> > > You know, I didn't even inspect the ball at the time, as I just so flabbergasted at how the **** it went where it did. I just hit it from the other fairway where it lied (into a bunker, but that was my fault for not making great contact). It is very possible that I just had a horribly open club fact at impact, but it does make me wonder if it was, possibly, the ball.

> > >

> >

> > Just to clarify a bit.. Every ball has a seam on it... there has to be a seam.. how else could the inside of the ball get inside the cover.. two mold halves come together.. now, sometimes these mold halves are arranged where the seam will be alittle visible, and sometimes its set like a sine wave or serpentine where it is not as visible... but there is a a seam there... the USGA makes sure that the balls are symmetrical and test in seam, and cross seam for symmetry. The balls all have to fly the same distance and same trajectory and land with fractions of a second of each no matter how they are tee'd up...the old "seaming it" came from when the original PROV1 was lauched, and there was a distinctive distance difference if tee'd up in-seam.. meaning seam facing down range.. but that was addressed years ago, and is longer an issue...So, there are no worries at all with distance and consistency with respect to a seam.. if has to pass this testing to be legal... **As for comments with respect to the other sites testing, I have seen only what everyone on this site has seen with respect to the data and testing... So it is very tough to make any comments at all, because I was not there, and have not seen all the test conditions over the days of testing.** What I do know is that we have done several controlled distance tests over the past year, and have seen the dispersion and deviations to be very good from shot to shot. I do know that the golf balls we have are very fast in speed, and would challenge anyone to be legal and faster. That has been confirmed with several independent tests from several different people, including robot testing... So if we get the ball speed as fast as we can legally be, and we have low spin rates off the driver, then the ball has to be long... and this has been shown to be the case. I will not comment on the other balls being shorter, I just know the MTB X and MTB BLACK balls are both very fast in speed, both low in driver spin, and both long off the tee... thank you to those who sent me private messages or emails with respect to the personal issues I had to deal with... part of life, and life goes on and I will be fine.. appreciate the thoughts and support...

>

> How can essentially say "no comment" about this test when it comes to consistency and shot dispersion because you weren't there and didn't see the test conditions but send out an email title "Longest Ball in Golf!" and cite the same test in that email?

I think if you would have made the next three sentences bold like you did for the one in your message, you would have answered your own question... I have copied it again so hopefully it is clear to you now on how I am comfortable with the distance results due to several tests I have done, and several others have done... as also as mentioned in the message I wrote, I have NOT seen this type of dispersion in several tests I have run, so I cannot comment on how this test was done or shots from this test because I was not there. I

**What I do know is that we have done several controlled distance tests over the past year, and have seen the dispersion and deviations to be very good from shot to shot. I do know that the golf balls we have are very fast in speed, and would challenge anyone to be legal and faster. That has been confirmed with several independent tests from several different people, including robot testing... So if we get the ball speed as fast as we can legally be, and we have low spin rates off the driver, then the ball has to be long... and this has been shown to be the case.**

• Like 1

There's also the issue of sample size for distance versus dispersion versus quality control.

A well-controlled test of 10 balls with a robot launching them under identical conditions would give a distance average I'd have a lot of confidence in. If it said "260 yards" then I'd accept that it's somewhere in that neighborhood.

However, if we want to be confident in an estimate of the standard deviation (let's say it was "6 yards") then it would actually take more than 10 balls to nail down the standard deviation. Estimates of variability (like SD) are noisier than estimates of averages.

And then if we want to say with confidence that this ball has a certain probability of serious quality control errors, we're going to be out there all day hitting balls. The true frequency of QC problems is low, it's a rare event for any ball of mainstream commercial quality. You can't just hit a few balls of each model and pick out one errant shot here or two offline shots there and say with confidence that ball has worst QC than the others. It takes huge samples to distinguish with any certainty at all between the frequency of rare events.

• Like 1