2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

If Dean can’t make a ball that’s as good or better than the old TP Red, nearly a decade later, he must not be trying. Nostalgia is great but nobody though those balls were anything special until they got marked down to half price.

<- crazy person

Yeah? And Paige Spiranac's legs are too curvy. I could never date a girl like that!

But which one will be firmer?

If I'm not mistaken and I don't wanna bring these two brands in here to steal the limelight but;

ProV1: 3 piece, softer, less spinny

ProV1x: 4 piece, harder, more spinny

Chrome soft: 4 piece, softer, more spinny

CSX: 4 piece, harder, less spinny

Good question Dean, I am hyped about the MTB Red, but that is a good question, i prefer less spinny myself, so can you give us insight Dean?

If I'm not mistaken and I don't wanna bring these two brands in here to steal the limelight but;

Good question Dean, I am hyped about the MTB Red, but that is a good question, i prefer less spinny myself, so can you give us insight Dean?

Monday we will send out the email blast with a short video on the new ball description, and the website will be live with some information as well.. but I can tell you we have addressed the spin issue on both balls... good stuff and will open up a wider group of players with different requirements...

Monday we will send out the email blast with a short video on the new ball description, and the website will be live with some information as well.. but I can tell you we have addressed the spin issue on both balls... good stuff and will open up a wider group of players with different requirements...

Look forward to all news including pricing

^^^ Already answered in #2613

“We plan to keep the price per dozen the same, even with the cost increase of adding another layer to the 4pc ball... the only price change will be the value pack, but even that will only be $1/doz increase, and that is only due to the shipping charge increase we have been given by fed ex... but this will still be $27.33 per doz for the value pack... I also have something in the works for loyal customers, and hope to be able to launch this program by mid January.. stay tuned... full details about the new balls will be sent on Jan 15th... all good stuff... “

Just got an email about the new VIP program and also closeout pricing at $25.00 per dozen on the current MTB ( 2 dozen minimum)

Same here, which prompted me to add two dozen MTB to my growing reserve....... My wife is going to kill me...

Just got an email about the new VIP program and also closeout pricing at $25.00 per dozen on the current MTB ( 2 dozen minimum)

Same here, which prompted me to add two dozen MTB to my growing reserve....... My wife is going to kill me...

Just buy her jewelry and all will be right

Getting a PO Box would be cheaper :taunt:

If Dean can’t make a ball that’s as good or better than the old TP Red, nearly a decade later, he must not be trying. Nostalgia is great but nobody though those balls were anything special until they got marked down to half price.

Wrongo! Loved this ball before it was marked down, this ball went away fast!
Callaway Paradigm 10.5 Hazardous Silver 60 S
Callaway Rogue ST HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B X
God Bless America

Stay Free

I would join the VIP if $30/yr.

I think I agree. $50 is kind of steep IMO. None the less, it's a great option to offer for the die hard Snell loyalists. I'll wait to hear some reviews

I also agree. I don't go through enough balls in a year to make the $50 worth the discounts I would get if I were to join. For those that lose a lot of balls or don't keep balls in play for vary long due to scuffs or for whatever reason it is probably a great deal.

I think I agree. $50 is kind of steep IMO. None the less, it's a great option to offer for the die hard Snell loyalists. I'll wait to hear some reviews

I also agree. I don't go through enough balls in a year to make the $50 worth the discounts I would get if I were to join. For those that lose a lot of balls or don't keep balls in play for vary long due to scuffs or for whatever reason it is probably a great deal.

Exactly. Using rough math, it would take purchasing three MTB Value Packs (18 dozen, or 216 balls) to come somewhere close to breaking even.

Anybody over here know what happened with the “Snell Jingle Balls” giveaway from several weeks ago? Can’t find a winner thread anywhere.

Someone asked that question, and the thread was locked without announcing the five winners or providing an explanation even more than 2-3 weeks after the winners were supposed to be drawn...

http://www.golfwrx.c...e/page__st__420

Not sure who won this one either, also to be drawn weeks ago, another locked thread.

http://www.golfwrx.c...ner-enter-here/

Anybody over here know what happened with the “Snell Jingle Balls” giveaway from several weeks ago? Can’t find a winner thread anywhere.

Someone asked that question, and the thread was locked without announcing the five winners or providing an explanation even more than 2-3 weeks after the winners were supposed to be drawn...

http://www.golfwrx.c...e/page__st__420

Not sure who won this one either, also to be drawn weeks ago, another locked thread.

http://www.golfwrx.c...ner-enter-here/

Don't want to start getting into the weeds/off topic, but unless they can spin a contest into a thread where people go places and further name drop the OEM, it seems this is the usual channel:

Potential winner my(sic) be notified by e-mail, private message and announced by other means

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Let me look into this when everyone is back here in the office with me Monday... i think we should announce the winners as well as notify them via email...but let me check.. i know for a fact they were chosen and shipped because I saw the free product shipped and of course questioned it.. haha...

update: actually sent my marketing team an email, and they got back to me.. said that this contest was run by Golfwrx, and that golfwrx was suppose to announce winners... we will follow up with golfwrx monday to see status....

Guy. It's less than $1 a week...You probably spend more than that on a vending machine soda or candy or some other unnecessary stuff.

Steep? Nah. I'd like to see the returns though.

Exactly. Using rough math, it would take purchasing three MTB Value Packs (18 dozen, or 216 balls) to come somewhere close to breaking even.

If you only buy balls then yes, however if you are buying other gear it probably would pay off.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

New Balls are up! MTB Red in optic yellow!!

Black is 3 piece red is 4 piece. It looks like the black is shipping March 1 and the Red is shipping Feb 15th. Testing pack also shipping March 1st. The site gives you an option to test the MTB Red in traditional white or you can choose the Optic Yellow version to test.

Test pack $31.99

Value pack $163.99 ($27.33/doz)

According to the site;

MTB Black has a 7% lower compression

MTB Red will feel firmer on long shots and softer on short shots

Wonder if the Optic Yellow is thermoplastic urethane instead of cast

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

I like option for the MTB red in yellow and that's a surprise. I feel like I remember Dean saying he had no plans for a yellow MTB but I haven't kept up with this thread lately.

I play the Srixon Zstar XV yellow in the winter with our dormant grass. I want to learn more about the difference in the Red vs. Black first but I may be ordering the Red in white and yellow.