What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

Got out Saturday morning this past weekend. Shot a 74 (+4) (38/36 - Hit 1 fairway on the front 9 in my quest to 3 over). 3 birdies. 5 bogeys. 1 double bogey. Hit 50% of greens and 50% of fairways. 30 putts (one 3 putt and seven 1 putts). Short game was on. Almost had a hole in one too. 185 yard par 3 downhill and flushed a 6 iron to within 2 inches of the cup. A great round though and definitely had my most birdies in a round

Titleist 915D2 10.5º - Diamana Blue 60 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 4W 17º - Aldila Tour Green

Titleist 915H 20° - Diamana Blue 70 S
Cobra AMP Forged (4-PW) - KBS Tour S+
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°/54°/58° - TTDG Spinner Tour
Seemore Nashville mFGP Blade

[quote name='riehlg' timestamp='1441043682' post='12240114']
Got out Saturday morning this past weekend. Shot a 74 (+4) (38/36 - Hit 1 fairway on the front 9 in my quest to 3 over). 3 birdies. 5 bogeys. 1 double bogey. Hit 50% of greens and 50% of fairways. 30 putts (one 3 putt and seven 1 putts). Short game was on. Almost had a hole in one too. 185 yard par 3 downhill and flushed a 6 iron to within 2 inches of the cup. A great round though and definitely had my most birdies in a round
[/quote]I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that tee shot was #4 at 4 Seasons?

Played jug mountain today in idaho and was the first group out after a frost delay. Played from the tips with a 140 course rating and was - 2 under through 6 and then hopped on the bogey train. Only a handful of bad misses, but most were manageable. Righted the ship with a couple birdie looks on the closing holes and finished with a 78. Could have been a lot lower if I could make a putt outside 5 feet on just about perfect greens. Back now to CA's fuzzy drought greens.

Today was a good day.

I switched over to graphite shafts in my irons about 3 weeks ago (Apex with Recoil) and have been reasonably happy with my ball-striking of late. But my putting has been just awful. As in couldnt hit the hole from 5' awful. I'm trying to get ready to defend my senior club championship in a couple of weekends which would be problematic considering how poorly I've putted.

I hit 10-14 fairways, 14 greens, and had 30 putts on my way to a 71 (-1). I was hitting it well on the front and decided to take a more aggressve line on a tough dogleg par 4 and blocked the tee shot into an unplayable which resulted in a double bogey. Lesson learned. I only missed one putt that was very makeable.

98, which gives a GHIN differential of 19.2 (so ostensibly "good" for my cap) or so from the back tees at my home course, but it ain't progressing me much toward my goal of and under 16 index by the end of the year. too many blow up holes: 3 eights (including on a par 3), and a 7. Hit 4 greens and three putted all but one of em. got up and down for bogey 3 times and chipped in for a birdie. 36 putts, probably about average for me, but I am entirely capable of 30-33.

85 yesterday. Two doubles and a triple on the front, then made the turn and went par birdie par birdie. Was really rolling but then got greedy and decided to take my 3W off the tee on 14 instead of my safe play with a hybrid. Pushed it hard left into the water. Dropped and hit a wedge only to miss left into the water again. Quad. Followed the quad with a double thanks to another in the water on 15, and then finished strong with pars. Should have birdied 17 (225 yd par 3) but my putt from 15 feet slid right just enough to miss. Putting was terrible at the start (four putted once and three putted once) but my short game saved me later in the round. Still searching for answers off the tee. Just can't hit my driver, so I'm considering going to an original Big Bertha, Titleist 983K or 975D, or a new Aeroburner Mini Driver. Big heads just aren't working mentally for me.

Shot a 43 on the front 9 this morning before work. Pretty awesome that I haven't shot over 50 in a couple of weeks now, but I haven't been able to get out to play a full 18. I really need to get that done this weekend.

Something feels like it's really starting to click, and I can hear/feel my swings actually compressing the ball a few times per round instead of just hitting at it.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that tee shot was #4 at 4 Seasons?

Wow, you're really good! I live like 5 min from there so we get out there and play a lot. Pin was just off the right edge of the bunker on the left and I carried it perfectly just onto the green and it trickled up just to the right of the cup.

BTZBfd0.jpg

Wow, you're really good! I live like 5 min from there so we get out there and play a lot. Pin was just off the right edge of the bunker on the left and I carried it perfectly just onto the green and it trickled up just to the right of the cup.

BTZBfd0.jpg

Beautiful shot! That's a heart breaker tho.. I like 4 seasons, lot of tree line but yet feels wide and open. But it's a struggle to get a early morning time during the week, always got leagues or something going on

BTZBfd0.jpg

Beautiful shot! That's a heart breaker tho.. I like 4 seasons, lot of tree line but yet feels wide and open. But it's a struggle to get a early morning time during the week, always got leagues or something going on

That's a tuff pin to get to as well

Trending well since I've gone back to DG shafts. .....75 only 1 bird , 75 only 1 bird, 73 with 3 birds, 77 only 1 bird 68 with 6 birds!

Things have gotten so much better with my weight loss of 22lbs helping my rotation become more consistent! Haven't added any distance but far more consistent throughout the bag except chipping....ugh

Got back out today. Started off pretty rough (bogey, double, bogey, bogey) for a +5 over the first 4 holes. Ended up shooting even par the rest of the way out for a 5 over 77. My personal best on that course.

Had a great round today fresh off vacation! I shot 75. Through 13 I was -1 and could have been a lot better. I missed 8 putts for birdie between 8 and 10 feet, the USAFA Blue and Silver courses in Colorado Springs had me scared to hit the ball. Once the sun came out and I couldn't keep my hands dry I got a little squirrely. Man if I had my normal high 20's putts I would have been well in the 60s. Oh well, there is always next week if God allows. I hit 11 of 14 faiways and 12 of 18 GIR, I had 2 loss balls. Every Par 5 was within 200 yards of the flag stick yet I only birdied 1. I actually bogeyed one due to hitting it into the water hazard. I also double bogeyed 17 par 3, 200 yards to front pine placement, I shanked a 5 iron into the bush, had to re-tee, proceed to hit same club with a high draw over the green, then chipped and putted in.

Edit: falling in love with my TaylorMade JDM SLDR w/Speeder 757 shaft in it!!!!!!!

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

15 over with one tee shot OB,

My short game really really sucks right now. With some changes I've been making I stopped grinding, it just wasn't worth it to bother. The course I'm playing right now isn't long but has small well guarded, well contoured greens and they are just eating me alive. Every pitch or chip is short sided, half the time it's over a bunker. I can't seem to hit half my wedges straight and would probably do better laying back to 130+ into the greens. Playing to the front fringe is a good strategy but that's no fun, There's been a couple rounds where I think I made less than 10 feet of putts lol. I didn't think I was going to make anything yesterday.

Time to shift gears cause I've been keeping the ball in play well enough to score lately. Making a ton of tap in bogeys, I suppose that's a good sign.

I shot 90 today on a par 72. Not impressive by WRX standards, but I scored a 90 with 2 doubles, a triple, and a ******* 9 on a 126-yard par 3. I played from the white tees and left my driver at home. Finally got to play my new cold forged vokeys, and they are smooth. Probably the honeymoon phase, but they felt really good on some full shots.