2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

Today was one of those head scratching good rounds I don't know where it comes from . One of my buddies who is a casual golfer text me wanting to play. I get us a 2:45 ter time At my club which is way later than I like to play.

Anyways we tee off I give him a shot a hole and have our standard $10 Nassau . Next think I know I rattle of 3 birdies in. Row. To start , pick up 2 more on 5 and 9 and play The front 9 at 5 under par

Back side 2 birdie 2 bogeys and I have a smooth 65 . Best rd Of the yeAr. I don't know if it was the laid back atmosphere of the round but I was putting like wen I was playing in college 15 yeas ago.

It was a amazing day hope I can keep it rolling Tomm as we have a small club tournament

A career 9 on aerated greens..... Bombing by my standards and short irons in.... Not at all the norm. #1 (usually happy with a bogey), I have an 8' birdie that just misses. #2, a 12' just misses too, same with 4..... Another GIR on 5 and easy 2 putt, before a a bogey on 6 another 2 routine pars and on 9 my 10'er grazes the cup. Play 10 again another GIR and tap in par and time to go.... So 10 holes in +2 with 8 of 10 GIR's.....

Now if they weren't aerated and I completed the other 8?????

Shot a 105 today at Foxfire GC in Lockbourne, OH which is a course I've never played before. I played the blue tees since nobody was behind me, and it was slow in front of me anyway. They play 72.6/126/6891, so it is one of the longest, and most difficult tee selections I've ever played.

I had four pretty terrible holes which resulted in gaining about 10 strokes from my average per-hole score, and just completely messed up the par-3s, but there were plenty of bright spots including two 300+ yard drives (thank you 92 degree weather!), and sinking a 15 foot putt for birdie on their 508 par-5 #16.

Man, if I could just limit my disasters to single, or even double bogey's, I'd be happy.

81 @71. I think I hit one short iron solid the whole day and still managed the second best round I've ever had on this particular course. The difference was I drove the ball well today, and got away with the bad ones, barely. It's still seems to be a small case of long clubs or short clubs going on. Had I hit half the shots inside 135 pure today AFAIC I would have carded my first 77. At least it's some vindication of getting through some changes. You start wondering of you are just kidding yourself and you are never gong to card a decent round again. I'm hoping when the dust settles, which I hope it quite hasn't yet lol, my good game will be a few strokes lower.

Finally strung one together. Short course but you still have to put it in the hole. Most birdies I've had in a round since college.

[attachment=2943676:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1441668133.065431.jpg]

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

Shot a 48 today (nine holes). Best round of the season and just three strokes more than my lifetime best. Could've been really low if I hadn't scored a 10 on a par 5 (hit it in the water twice through some really dumb decisions) and missed a few close putts on the last two holes. I know 48 is nothing to brag about, but for someone that has been working to break 50 it feels good. I hit lots of really good shots, but just need to keep working on my short game, especially shots from 50-70 yards in.

[quote name='adam667220' timestamp='1441666529' post='12277532']
Shot a +16 88. Worst part is that it was 50/38. This whole great 9/horrible 9 has been plaguing me for a month. Super frustrating.
[/quote]

This is me to a "T". last 4 or 5 rounds have all been 50 on the front 30 something on the back. Went out yesterday, shot 38 on the front and a f*****g 50 on the back. It's absolutely killing me.

Had a hypoglycemic episode on 6. Quit after 9. Didn't want to risk it getting worse

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Shot an 82 today, low round for year, low round ever on this course

39-42 slope is 116 CR 67.8, but has slippery fast greens.
Parred the #1 hdcp hole, that was a first!
NO 3 PUTTS :superman:
Started year as a 23 index, trending at 17.8 right now.
Round could have been better, several birdie putts inside 10-15', none fell.
Duffed a tee shot 30 yards into the creek on 12, ended up double bogey, only one of the day.
I think the key was not panicking and trying to do something above my pay scale.

Friday I played a member Gst at a friends club shot even par 72. 3 birdies and 3 bogeys . Irons were a little shaken or it cud have been better . Rolled it great his club has awesome greens

And yesterday shot four over 74 at my track . Game was just off a little . hooked a few drives missed a couple 5 footers

Shot a frustrating 83. Happy bout the overall score but it seems like a trend here... shot -1 35 on the back, which included 1 bogey 2 back to back birds and birdie lip outs on 17 and 18... but we started on the front, which was a 48 that included a +6 and a +4 on holes 2 and 3... Just embarrassing and horrible to take a 10 on a single hole lol
Hit 12 of 14 fairways and 10 greens.
Ruggles at Aberdeen Proving Grounds from the whites 6330 70/127
Played with a fellow wrx'r which is always a treat, good ending to a good day

Wow, that was unexpected. I got a call this morning from the now-retired owner of the company I work for, to see if I want to play golf. Naturally, I accepted his invitation, as that always means a visit to a really nice country club, where we'll be virtually the only people on the course, despite it being 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.
Well, this course is fairly demanding (par 72, 144 slope, 73.9 rating from the tees we played), it was really windy today, and the greens had been aerated a few days ago. So, pretty tough conditions. I've played with my old boss several times, but rarely all that well. Usually in the high 70's to low 80's, which is fine, but not great. Today I just immediately felt really good. I shot a two-under par 70, while hitting 12 of 14 fairways, and 14 of 18 greens. Sadly, the way I was striking the ball, 70 was the worst I could've shot. Because of the aerated greens, you simply can't make a putt unless by blind luck. Two of my birdies came when I hit a 5-iron to a foot, and then on the next hole, hit a pitching wedge to two inches from the hole.

D - Ping G430 LST 9-degree, Kai'li 60S
3W - Ping G400 Stretch 13-degree, Alta 65S

5W - Ping G425 17.5-degree, Alta 65S
Hy - Ping G400 22-degree, Alta 70S
5-U - Ping i230, Aerotech Steelfiber i95
54- Ping Glide Pro Forged
59- Ping Glide Pro Forged Eye toe
P - Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5

Even par 35... Birdied the first, bogey on 8.
But.. Those nine holes took THREE HOURS AND TEN MINUTES!!!!
This track ( Dad Miller in Anaheim) is notoriously slow but come on!

Didn't get to ten till 6:10 so I said " No more"...
When we got to the third hole there were three group waiting.
I thought it might be kinda wide open because it has been hot around here... Thought wrong.

Bummed to quit after a great start but I would have run out of sunlight anyways.

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

[quote name='JumboJack' timestamp='1442195710' post='12309492']
Even par 35... Birdied the first, bogey on 8.
But.. Those nine holes took THREE HOURS AND TEN MINUTES!!!!
This track ( Dad Miller in Anaheim) is notoriously slow but come on!

Didn't get to ten till 6:10 so I said " No more"...
When we got to the third hole there were three group waiting.
I thought it might be kinda wide open because it has been hot around here... Thought wrong.

Bummed to quit after a great start but I would have run out of sunlight anyways.
[/quote]

Oh my!! I am SO glad I live where I do. I played 18 holes in two hours on Friday, played 27 holes in three hours on Saturday, and a leisurely 18 holes today with another person in like three hours. From what I see on this site, it seems as though public golf in California is a nightmare.

D - Ping G430 LST 9-degree, Kai'li 60S
3W - Ping G400 Stretch 13-degree, Alta 65S

5W - Ping G425 17.5-degree, Alta 65S
Hy - Ping G400 22-degree, Alta 70S
5-U - Ping i230, Aerotech Steelfiber i95
54- Ping Glide Pro Forged
59- Ping Glide Pro Forged Eye toe
P - Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5

I was so close to shooting even par for the first time ever. Drove the green on 17 (it says 380 but was playing more like 270 tops) and proceeded to 3 putt (left the first one way short). Then rolled my drive on 18 and scrambled for a bogey to shoot 1 over. Would've been the best birthday present to myself. Oh well, still a personal best.

kSOtux2.jpg

Titleist 915D2 10.5º - Diamana Blue 60 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 4W 17º - Aldila Tour Green

Titleist 915H 20° - Diamana Blue 70 S
Cobra AMP Forged (4-PW) - KBS Tour S+
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°/54°/58° - TTDG Spinner Tour
Seemore Nashville mFGP Blade

Played 2nd half of a combined round after work.
Par 72 9 holer like 108 slope, pretty easy muni

Sunday afternoon, 42 with 6 bogeys, rest pars 18 putts
Not a bad outing, my normal range here is 42-46

Played second 9 after work today, started Double,Bogey 3 over after 2.

Next 3 holes are birdie, birdie, birdie with a chip in and 40 ft putt!
finished with 2 pars and 2 bogeys for a +2 38, 14 putts

80 is my second lowest round ever, had a 79 on same course like 10 years ago before an 8 year layoff.
My hdcp started year at 23, just dropped to 17.9 , may drop again.

Played a new course monday, 128 slope, felt like I completely blew up and shot 90, with an 8 on par3!
My bad rounds are getting better too.

Shot 79 but hit it so much better than that; OB twice off 16 tee. My wife shot 71 and continued her onslaught of me this year; her good friend shot 75 (with a quad) and my short hitting buddy shot 72 (losing 3 balls). I love playing golf when everyone plays great. I was as good off the tee sans 16 as I have been all year (I putted as well as I could without making anything); Elizabeth matched her career best; her friend made 2 bad decisions on one hole but was beautiful to watch and short-man was his typical amazing self from 80 yds in. I lost $144 but would gladly pay that (hitting it well) versus winning $144 and grinding every hole.

I have the golf itch really bad but back in Minny and just saw animals marching 2x2. :)

Just some back story. I've been trying to break 100 this past month. [SPOILER]I had some close rounds. I had a 105 last week, but hit a lot of bad short shots around the greens, particularly in bunkers. I thought I had cleared the bunker play up over past month, but I guess I lost it.

Earlier this week I hit a 100. I had an awful start, having 16 after first two holes(par 4,5). I thought it was gonna be one of those days. Then I went on my best stretch of pars and bogies I've had yet on the first 9. Entering the last hole, a par 3, I had a 94. I made some mental and strategic errors. First I think I lined up too far away and sliced the drive kind on the toe. I still would have been ok, but the ball landed a bit too close to a tree, and I tried to go directly to the pin over a bunker. I hit some branches and landed in the bunker. I should have just hit the ball toward the center or back of the green, then hit a long putt. Next, I hit my bunker shot over the green, and then my chip was not close enough to the cup. I should have taken more time on the put and lined it up better and not hit it so hard.
[/SPOILER]

My driving wasn't too good today. Luckily I made a few longer putts that I usually don't make. Entering the last hole I had a 95. My drive ended up left in some rough close to the green. I messed up and hit a baby shot onto the fringe. I didn't hit a very good long putt, and at that time I didn't realize I still had a chance to break 100. I lined up my putt and was about to hit it, and then it came to me. I took some more time, realigned the putt and did some more practice strokes. I surprisingly made the putt and broke the artificial 100 barrier with a 99!

Next challenge is 90.

What an annoying round! The course played pretty much to the maximum length with some tricky pin positions. Got a great start, 20 points on the front nine, and then lost it completely and started to sprinkle my tee shots all over the woods. Only ten points on the back nine of which five on the last two holes.

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 3i, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C