#Releasetheputter - The Method Appreciation and Info Thread - (NO BST)

wldchld22

22 hours ago, Misc1600 said:

What is everyone’s favorite? Method,

Method origin, or some other model? 

Definitely Method Matter and Method for me!

Some of the other Nike putter designs I’ve seen are absolutely hideous, Lol.

You have to respect their innovation though, and trying to push the boundaries of Golf equipment technology.

I’m so curious what type of equipment Nike would be making today, since it seems like they were clearly ahead of their time.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Definitely Method Matter and Method for me!

Some of the other Nike putter designs I’ve seen are absolutely hideous, Lol.

You have to respect their innovation though, and trying to push the boundaries of Golf equipment technology.

I’m so curious what type of equipment Nike would be making today, since it seems like they were clearly ahead of their time.

I really liked the method putter, especially the Oven ones, and kinda regret selling off all of mine

But honest question, what did Nike do that was so ahead of their time?

• Like 1

Yadi for President

2 hours ago, BYK said:

I really liked the method putter, especially the Oven ones, and kinda regret selling off all of mine

But honest question, what did Nike do that was so ahead of their time?

Man…I would sell a kidney for a Method putter from The Oven, Lol!!

I only started playing in June 2020, so Nike stopped making equipment before I got bitten by the Golfing bug.

From all the research I’ve done though, their designs aesthetically and performance wise were radically different from what other OEM’s were doing.

The bright colours and outside the box designs that were frowned upon back then, are now blueprints for designs and concepts for the likes of TaylorMade, Callaway, and Cobra etc.

That’s just my perspective from the research I’ve done.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Man…I would sell a kidney for a Method putter from The Oven, Lol!!

I only started playing in June 2020, so Nike stopped making equipment before I got bitten by the Golfing bug.

From all the research I’ve done though, their designs aesthetically and performance wise were radically different from what other OEM’s were doing.

The bright colours and outside the box designs that were frowned upon back then, are now blueprints for designs and concepts for the likes of TaylorMade, Callaway, and Cobra etc.

That’s just my perspective from the research I’ve done.

I want to see your all Nike bag when it is completed, assuming nothing bumps ur Nike Vapor irons out first. But harder to do now as they don’t make any hard goods and seems like with the rumour they might stop doing Nike golf all together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eeecc said:

I want to see your all Nike bag when it is completed, assuming nothing bumps ur Nike Vapor irons out first. But harder to do now as they don’t make any hard goods and seems like with the rumour they might stop doing Nike golf all together

Ohhh yeah, an all Nike bag would be amazing for sure!!

Definitely hope the rumour of Nike pulling out of Golf completely isn’t true.

I’m guessing that’s because they overextended themselves with huge contracts for their stable of PGA Tour superstars, or what’s the reasoning you’ve heard for it?

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

45 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Ohhh yeah, an all Nike bag would be amazing for sure!!

Definitely hope the rumour of Nike pulling out of Golf completely isn’t true.

I’m guessing that’s because they overextended themselves with huge contracts for their stable of PGA Tour superstars, or what’s the reasoning you’ve heard for it?

They are cutting like 2 billion in cost over time starting now. And heard that they don’t care as much as with Nike golf bc lots of money spent for relative small gains (I mean that was definitely why they left the hard goods back then). I guess why pay for Nike sponsors when your goods can easily be paid by existing brands under them like Jordan

Nike does put out really good products, I just got a Nike staff bag and it is way better built than my Muzino staff bag I already had 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 3:00 PM, Eeecc said:

Welp, you either: 1) are an insider, 2) have really good sources, or 3) have a crystal ball!! 😂😂

Your posts were foreshadowing the news about Tiger and Nike going in separate directions big time!

I would have been REALLY, REALLY shocked by that news if I hadn't read your post yesterday.

The #1 question everyone has is, "Why wouldn't Nike have given Tiger a lifetime deal like they did with MJ?". And of course, the only logical answer is the rumour you bomb-dropped yesterday!! 🤯🤯

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, DSIMPLIFIED said:

I personally prefer the original Method. But to be fair, there’s a couple models I never tried. Actually picked this one up yesterday.

E527BC26-42DB-4E0D-968C-ABCA02001F0A.jpeg

43EFCF9F-9967-4F69-814F-55DE2714B5AF.jpeg

496BD3CD-8139-4BE8-89E1-4EB71837F966.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous man...Wow!! And the condition is immaculate too...Jeez!! 😍😍

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

The #1 question everyone has is, "Why wouldn't Nike have given Tiger a lifetime deal like they did with MJ?". And of course, the only logical answer is the rumour you bomb-dropped yesterday!! 🤯🤯

TW isn't Michael Jordan and his Nike deal and name didn't drive revenue to the balance sheet like Michael Jordan and the Jordan brand does.  Probably a good decision by Nike.  Why pay someone $20M a year for 10-12 tournaments and most likely will not see another W on the PGA Tour.  Champions Tour is unlikely as his body is pretty busted up.

If you haven't watched the movie "Air," it is well done and factual.  Nike had a pretty low revenue target on the initial release of the Air Jordan.  They got it wrong by millions of dollars.  The rest is history.  There was a golf version of "Air" called "The Road to Domination."  It was never released to the public.

Who for the most part wears TW apparel?  Golfers.  Jordan cuts a wide path across many demographics.  I could care less about basketball but I have my Jordan kicks and some apparel.

Tiger will get a deal from some company, maybe Hello Kitty.  😜

Edited by QuickFeet
spelling
  • Haha 1

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Welp, you either: 1) are an insider, 2) have really good sources, or 3) have a crystal ball!! 😂😂

Your posts were foreshadowing the news about Tiger and Nike going in separate directions big time!

I would have been REALLY, REALLY shocked by that news if I hadn't read your post yesterday.

I would like to take credit but it was just me deep diving into the other posts on this forum 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuickFeet said:

TW isn't Michael Jordan and his Nike deal and name didn't drive revenue to the balance sheet like Michael Jordan and the Jordan brand does.  Probably a good decision by Nike.  Why pay someone $20M a year for 10-12 tournaments and most likely will not see another W on the PGA Tour.  Champions Tour is unlikely as his body is pretty busted up.

If you haven't watched the movie "Air," it is well done and factual.  Nike had a pretty low revenue target on the initial release of the Air Jordan.  They got it wrong by millions of dollars.  The rest is history.  There was a golf version of "Air" called "The Road to Domination."  It was never released to the public.

Who for the most part wears TW apparel?  Golfers.  Jordan cuts a wide path across many demographics.  I could care less about basketball but I have my Jordan kicks and some apparel.

Tiger will get a deal from some company, maybe Hello Kitty.  😜

Bahaha @ Hello Kitty!! 🤣🤣🤣

No, you’re right…Tiger never drove clothing and shoe sales anywhere near to the level of MJ.

I think they are comparable in terms of transcending their Sports and becoming Global Icons that are recognized all over the World, but for sure you never see a regular non-Golfer wearing TW gear.

Jordans are actually more popular as Golf shoes than the TW shoes ever were, Lol.

Will be interesting to see what direction Nike goes next with Golf, and what direction Tiger goes as well.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, DSIMPLIFIED said:

I personally prefer the original Method. But to be fair, there’s a couple models I never tried. Actually picked this one up yesterday.

E527BC26-42DB-4E0D-968C-ABCA02001F0A.jpeg

43EFCF9F-9967-4F69-814F-55DE2714B5AF.jpeg

496BD3CD-8139-4BE8-89E1-4EB71837F966.jpeg

I have a brand new one as well that I’m holding on to.  I doubt they will be worth anything but I just cannot convince myself to get rid of it just yet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DSIMPLIFIED said:

Thanks man. Apparently it had been sitting in storage since they were originally released so I couldn’t pass it up.

3 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I have a brand new one as well that I’m holding on to.  I doubt they will be worth anything but I just cannot convince myself to get rid of it just yet. 

You guys are lucky man…that’s incredible!! 🍀🍀

• Thanks 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

15 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I bought mine like 10 years ago and never used it.  I’ll probably hold on to it seeing everything that is happening to Nike now.  Heirloom for my child down the road😂

Haha…facts!! 💯💯

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I've probably shared it before - however this my favourite Method - a 003 from The Oven. It's been in the bag for 4 years now after I bought it on a whim, after one round it kicked my Del Mar out of the bag permanently.

20240111_111054.JPG.4730b211752cdd479045bd7e691d547c.JPG

20240111_111113.JPG.620084586eb6c57b49bae8baeb1c397a.JPG

20240111_111122.JPG.531ad360838ea9b898cc565b03a964cc.JPG

Just had it extended to 34.5 inches after a set up change meant it was far too short - can't see it ever leaving the bag, unless values on eBay for these get ridiculous.

• Like 3

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

16 minutes ago, bodhi555 said:

I've probably shared it before - however this my favourite Method - a 003 from The Oven. It's been in the bag for 4 years now after I bought it on a whim, after one round it kicked my Del Mar out of the bag permanently.

20240111_111054.JPG.4730b211752cdd479045bd7e691d547c.JPG

20240111_111113.JPG.620084586eb6c57b49bae8baeb1c397a.JPG

20240111_111122.JPG.531ad360838ea9b898cc565b03a964cc.JPG

Just had it extended to 34.5 inches after a set up change meant it was far too short - can't see it ever leaving the bag, unless values on eBay for these get ridiculous.

Very nice. Is that your initials that you got stamped or it came like that? I’ve always wanted to try a prototype 006 or 001 from The Oven. But idk if I’ll ever pull the trigger and buy one. 

30 minutes ago, DSIMPLIFIED said:

Very nice. Is that your initials that you got stamped or it came like that? I’ve always wanted to try a prototype 006 or 001 from The Oven. But idk if I’ll ever pull the trigger and buy one. 

It came like that - after a bit of research it looks to have originally been built for Carly Booth. In fact a quick Google Image search will show a picture of her using it. I'll let you Google that due to the nature of some of her pictures ;) 

Easily the best putter I've ever used, great feel and puts a fantastic roll on the ball. 

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

24 minutes ago, jmshapi3 said:

So glad this thread has been getting action lately.

I haven’t stopped gaming the solid copper prototype - it has the same deep milling as the KC putter above.

Here's a picture of my gamer next to Koepka’s. These are two of the most customized putters to come out of The Oven facility.

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3618.jpeg

Two of the best out there. How does the copper feel compared to a normal oven putter?

1 minute ago, Pstreett said:

Two of the best out there. How does the copper feel compared to a normal oven putter?

Copper is traditionally softer and more muted compared with a steel putter. That being said, copper plus the method resin creates a whole different feeling. I describe it as being more smooth and cushioned compared to traditional Methods.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmshapi3 said:

I haven’t stopped gaming the solid copper prototype - it has the same deep milling as the KC putter above.

Here's a picture of my gamer next to Koepka’s. These are two of the most customized putters to come out of The Oven facility.

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3618.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful man!! I would throw either of those in my bag in a heartbeat!! 😍😍

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 hours ago, jmshapi3 said:

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3618.jpeg

I love how that BK has no milling. Are the grooves real? or painted? I always forget to ask you on IG lol