Kari Lajosi Library of photos

I am not a putter aficianado or expert. I am shocked at the cost and value of putters I see on BST. However, after spending time looking at all of KLs work on facebook and on wrx I am hooked. He makes the most elegant and beautiful putters on earth. His putters are not overstated or garrish. They are stylish and tasteful and every one of them looks like they are ready to actually play on course. I sent in a request for a quote and can't wait to hear back. I requested a 350 gram DD201 with gun metal finish and V line grooves on face. Had some other ideas which I put in request as well. Will he confirm each detail before building by a drawing? Confirm colors? KL is an incredibly talented artist so I definitely want him to take the theme I have and run with it.
it is always best to be really straight forward with what you want. He is not there to advise, he is there to build. And i tell you, after i got my dd201, i tried numerous putters. They were never close. Its like the dd201and i got a link because it my first custom.

And the price didnt even bother me. It is very close to the price of a standard cameron. But you cant pick your aid alignement, your finish or everything else you can choose with KL.

I cant wait to pick an other KL in 3 years.

Thank you for the advice. I will sending a drawing describing what I want when he emails back.

I am not a putter aficianado or expert. I am shocked at the cost and value of putters I see on BST. However, after spending time looking at all of KLs work on facebook and on wrx I am hooked. He makes the most elegant and beautiful putters on earth. His putters are not overstated or garrish. They are stylish and tasteful and every one of them looks like they are ready to actually play on course. I sent in a request for a quote and can't wait to hear back. I requested a 350 gram DD201 with gun metal finish and V line grooves on face. Had some other ideas which I put in request as well. Will he confirm each detail before building by a drawing? Confirm colors? KL is an incredibly talented artist so I definitely want him to take the theme I have and run with it.
it is always best to be really straight forward with what you want. He is not there to advise, he is there to build. And i tell you, after i got my dd201, i tried numerous putters. They were never close. Its like the dd201and i got a link because it my first custom.

And the price didnt even bother me. It is very close to the price of a standard cameron. But you cant pick your aid alignement, your finish or everything else you can choose with KL.

Thank you for the advice. I will sending a drawing describing what I want when he emails back.

For both my orders I sent a detailed note with pictures and descriptions of what I was after. He executed it perfectly as I envisioned. The options are limitless.

For both my orders I sent a detailed note with pictures and descriptions of what I was after. He executed it perfectly as I envisioned. The options are limitless.

Limitless is causing me issues! I would like to customize putters with all manners of cool stuff(lettering on bumpers, tour dot in cavity, tamascus dot on face with V groove milling, graphics on sole of putter, etc.) but I am afraid it may look too busy if I choose everything I want!! Also, the more engraving you do the more choices you have for colors. I want this putter to be elegant and not overdone. I am going to have pick a couple things to take off I think.

Kari quoted me 8-10 weeks for a standard build. Did you guys find that he was true to his word on lead times? My first custom putter experience has left me feeling like maybe I don't want to deal with these small custom shops again because of the horrible turn around time.

I dont know this from experience but from what I have read....... if you want a quick turnaround you can pay double and get a Byron Morgan or Mann Krafted. If you are willing to wait you can get just as high or higher quality for much much less with Lajosi. I have looked through both the Lajosi and Morgan pic thread and I am more impressed by the Lajosi putters for quality and attention to detail and variety. There again, I dont own either and have not purchased a custom putter(yet) so take that for what it is worth.

Kari quoted me 8-10 weeks for a standard build. Did you guys find that he was true to his word on lead times? My first custom putter experience has left me feeling like maybe I don't want to deal with these small custom shops again because of the horrible turn around time.

Bang on both times for his quoted lead time.

Bang on both times for his quoted lead time.

Nice. Another shop quoted me 4 weeks back in May and I still don't have said putter. I dont mind a wait, but I don't want the wool pulled over my eyes.

Yeah, from what I’ve seen and read Kari is pretty spot on with his time estimates. I think he quoted me 8-10 weeks and I had mine in hand in just about 8 weeks.

And like others have said, he’ll do whatever you ask of him(within reason) and won’t give out any advice or suggestions. Pretty much a a pure builder, but churns our top notch products.

• 2 weeks later...

Kari is a legit machinest, I think his family owns a cnc metal shop. I am stunned he isn’t wildly more popular and still sorta under the radar. I have I think a klp7 Head, and it is a really unique look, feels super soft(maybe too soft for most greens) and almost fit/finish of OTR bettinardis etc. I am a big fan. I have lost some bids on other of his work, but if I was getting a custom ground up he would be my miller of choice.

That Damascus is outstanding, wow.....

love my sound slot Damascus. It is hands down the best looking putter I have owned.

Lovely Damascus. Probably the best out there for me. I think kari also forges his own Damascus.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Kari is a legit machinest, I think his family owns a cnc metal shop. I am stunned he isn’t wildly more popular and still sorta under the radar. I have I think a klp7 Head, and it is a really unique look, feels super soft(maybe too soft for most greens) and almost fit/finish of OTR bettinardis etc. I am a big fan. I have lost some bids on other of his work, but if I was getting a custom ground up he would be my miller of choice.

That Damascus is outstanding, wow.....

I concur with the too soft comment. I've owned 2 Kari in the past. Found them too soft for my liking. Just a personal preference of course.

Each time I see his Damascus though, I'm tempted to try one but this time without his regular deep face mill.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

love my sound slot Damascus. It is hands down the best looking putter I have owned.

TP these pics don’t do it justice. Look at the previous page, 13 for real pics! Lol
  • Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got mine in a few weeks back and I'm so happy with the results. Pictures truly don't do the finish justice.

AI Smoke Max Ventus Velocore +
Callaway GBB Fuji 757 vi 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Got mine in a few weeks back and I'm so happy with the results. Pictures truly don't do the finish justice.

What finish is that? Beautiful

Copper plate with a brushed finish. Thanks, I love it.

AI Smoke Max Ventus Velocore +
Callaway GBB Fuji 757 vi 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Kari got in touch with me over the weekend and mine is due to go on the CNC machine this week, really looking forward to seeing the putter. For those interested I have ordered a Sensor (left handed) with light milling and 2 tour dots in blue, in a standard stainless finish...

That's great news because I ordered mine 4 weeks ago. Post pics when you get them!