Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Foxford Hills this morning. Weather was just changing the last 3 holes. Played a decent front and 10 strokes worse on the back. The wheels fell of and just lost all focus. What a difference from last weekend when I put 2 decent rounds together. Foxford is a good track. I’d play it more if it was walkable on the weekends.

First round at Grand Geneva (Brute) in the books. The rain held up till 9th hole and it started raining pretty hard. Rain + 2-3 club wind + aerated greens (early this week) made for a rather forgettable experience. 9 putts through first 3 holes! Highlands tomorrow morning - at least they alternated punching of the greens, so it should be more fun.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

First round at Grand Geneva (Brute) in the books. The rain held up till 9th hole and it started raining pretty hard. Rain + 2-3 club wind + aerated greens (early this week) made for a rather forgettable experience. 9 putts through first 3 holes! Highlands tomorrow morning - at least they alternated punching of the greens, so it should be more fun.
Aerated greens is always unfortunate. I played in the weather myself in a Ryder Cup event. Soaked to the bone... But lots of fun! Pic of my brother and I as it poured. He had a club go flying about 40 yards out of his hands during a practice swing and Almost landed in a pond. It was hilarious!

3e15a67b3bccd2c1b5ea90fb61da713c.jpg

Foxford Hills this morning. Weather was just changing the last 3 holes. Played a decent front and 10 strokes worse on the back. The wheels fell of and just lost all focus. What a difference from last weekend when I put 2 decent rounds together. Foxford is a good track. I’d play it more if it was walkable on the weekends.

Do they not allow walkers on weekends anymore? Lame.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

We just walked it on a Sat...

They do. It’s just not setup for walkers with some of the distances between holes. I feel like I wouldn’t be able to keep up when every other group is flying around in carts.

They do. It’s just not setup for walkers with some of the distances between holes. I feel like I wouldn’t be able to keep up when every other group is flying around in carts.

It's a long walk to the first hole and from 9 to 10. There are obviously hills but overall I consider it a walkable course. That said, I only play it on weekends in the Fall and Spring. They did away with their walking rate this year though, so I haven't played it that much in 2017.

Piretti Cottonwood II

Oak Grove and Blackstone tomorrow. Hopefully the rain washed away the cat pee smell at Oak Grove. In 1492, Columbus got kids a day off school. That applies to their teachers as well.

Piretti Cottonwood II

Just finished a round at Mistwood. Beautiful afternoon, love this layout... The greens were in pretty rough shape, pretty soft and bumpy, although even I - a soft and soggy course hater - can give them a break given the rain we had down here the last two days. And not sure what they did with the fescue, but it basically is no longer there, they shaved it down to long dry rough?! Cart path only, which is understandable but is something they should tell you before you pay - didn’t realize it until I drove out on the first fairway and my cart shut down, making me drive back to cart path at a painful 1 mph... I hate it when they do that with the carts. Oh well, I like this course when it plays firm, especially the greens. Still overpriced in my opinion...

Just finished a round at Mistwood. Beautiful afternoon, love this layout... The greens were in pretty rough shape, pretty soft and bumpy, although even I - a soft and soggy course hater - can give them a break given the rain we had down here the last two days. And not sure what they did with the fescue, but it basically is no longer there, they shaved it down to long dry rough?! Cart path only, which is understandable but is something they should tell you before you pay - didn’t realize it until I drove out on the first fairway and my cart shut down, making me drive back to cart path at a painful 1 mph... I hate it when they do that with the carts. Oh well, I like this course when it plays firm, especially the greens. Still overpriced in my opinion...

The prairie/faux links courses all weedwack the fescue in September or October.

Piretti Cottonwood II

The prairie/faux links courses all weedwack the fescue in September or October.

... Yup, Praire Bluff just cut theirs Friday morning before I played there in the afternoon. Not only did it put a ton of pollen in the air, it really takes the beauty out of the landscape. Kinda like a bald Cindy Crawford.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

Fun weekend at Grand Geneva. Wound up playing 36 at Highlands. The course , unlike Brute which was aerated, was in great condition. The greens were as good as I played all year - fast and true. Played like crap, but didn’t care too much - 70 and sunny in October - what’s not to like.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Oak Grove and Blackstone tomorrow. Hopefully the rain washed away the cat pee smell at Oak Grove. In 1492, Columbus got kids a day off school. That applies to their teachers as well.
And I'll take it.... Even if the whole Columbus story is completely inaccurate.

Today I'm heading to Thunderhawk. Playing with the ipga guys. Should be fun.

It's a long walk to the first hole and from 9 to 10. There are obviously hills but overall I consider it a walkable course. That said, I only play it on weekends in the Fall and Spring. They did away with their walking rate this year though, so I haven't played it that much in 2017.

I played it within the last 2 months, walking around 10am on a Saturday. I don't know if the rate is different for walking or riding but at least they don't prohibit it. But as stated there are few holes with longer walks that take up some time. Several street crossings, really not a big deal but they do add few minutes over the course of a round. The killers IMO are the walk to and from holes 11-14 where you've got to go through the tunnel and up/down the hills. Last time I played there we'd barely started teeing off on 11 and 15 when the carts behind us pulled up.

Ugh. Threw my back out Saturday afternoon, so instead of enjoying a nice round yesterday with the fantastic weather, I spent the day flat in bed. What a waste. I'm barely moving now, but hopefully the back will be loose enough to play this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Played Bloomingdale on Saturday. That's 5+ hours of life I'd like to get back. We were the last group in front of an outing and told by the starter that we needed to keep pace. Suffice it to say, we did, catching the group in front on the 2nd tee and then waiting on nearly every shot going forward. On the par 3 16th where we caught them yet again, they went George

Costenza-esque and said, "It's not us, it's the group in front of us." Yeah right...they were the ones who made you hit about 7 shots off of every tee.

Forgot their "men's grill" was lacking in basics like TV's (only 1 of 3 turned on) with a very limited selection of adult beverages.

Also had a rather "fun" experience on the range with a gentleman from the outing. He was forward of me and with his first swing with the driver he launched a ball backwards that missed me by about an inch. No apologies, just a "hey I don't golf a lot." Not really sure of how open his club face had to be for that but it was an amazing feat that ended the warm up session.

The course was eh, OK. Greens were very slow although the course was dry even after the rain of Friday into Saturday morning. Don't play the course very often and now remember why.

Played Thunderhawk today. The course was extremely wet. Everything from the tee boxes, to the fairways, to the greens were soaked. It was kind of disappointing. Greens ran slow and were bumpy. It was over a 5 hour round because the group in front of us, which had at least 3 holes open ahead of them, wouldn't let us through. We waited on every shot on every hole from about the 6th hole on. No rangers on the course.

While I love the layout and of course it can be a great course, today was not a good experience. Expected more for what they charge. Adding a few pics where you can see how wet it was.

A few bright spots, i did eagle the 7th hole from the brass tees with driver, 8 iron and a 30 ft putt and had a couple other birdies on par 3's and a par 4. My 4 wood got me in a bit of trouble and might find itself thinking about what it's done in the penalty box.

Thinking about Shepherd's Crook next Sunday. Playing in a scramble Saturday at Village Green. 42bc0291af3a5cfc49438efe483fff6d.jpgef675ff718c17fd58ccb11f00ec0b521.jpg

We got to Oak Grove and were told they had an unexpected power outage over night. They let us out and we paid at the turn when the power had come back on. Weird, but at least they didn't keep us from playing. The first two holes there are tough to play right out of the freezer but I got going by the third hole. The greens on 1-8 hadn't been punched yet but they were in the process of aerating them this morning. The greens that have been punched hadn't been cut or rolled and there were huge piles of aeration turds on a bunch of the greens on the back. Bear plinkoed in a long putt but I didn't make any birdie. On 10-15 I might as well have been putting on the moon. Meh, for $25 I'll deal with a course that's solid from tee to green but has epically bad greens on a bunch of holes.

Blackstone was Blackstone. The greens have healed from when they were punched and were quite smooth. The rest of the course was also in great condition and my ball striking was pretty good. I made birdies on 10 and 13 en route to a 76. It felt slow because we waited on every shot but we finished in four hours. A twosome sandwiched between foursomes is always gonna wait.

Piretti Cottonwood II

Played Thunderhawk today. The course was extremely wet. Everything from the tee boxes, to the fairways, to the greens were soaked. It was kind of disappointing. Greens ran slow and were bumpy. It was over a 5 hour round because the group in front of us, which had at least 3 holes open ahead of them, wouldn't let us through. We waited on every shot on every hole from about the 6th hole on. No rangers on the course.

While I love the layout and of course it can be a great course, today was not a good experience. Expected more for what they charge. Adding a few pics where you can see how wet it was. ]

Unfortunately, my bad experiences at Thunderhawk far outweigh my good ones.

The last 3 years I've played early season with good conditions

I wonder if conditions are worse there late season

Or maybe they watered a lot and then the recent rain???

Sorry to hear about your experience there

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Playing Bridges of Poplar Creek Wednesday and The Preserve on Thursday...

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...