Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Awesome time in SoCal. Reviews and pics here: http://www.golfwrx.c...-february-2018/

I'll very likely head back again next February. Compared to Florida, the courses are so much more visually interesting. On top of that, hotel and rental car rates are much cheaper, too.

Do you have links to any of your other course pics/reviews?

Here are a handful. Unfortunately the site limits the number of active posts, so the majority of my trip reports have been deleted from the site. Also, Dropbox changed how they generate public links late last year, so many of the photo links are broken. Hopefully some day I'll get a chance to regenerate the links and update the threads. Either that, or rehost the photos on my personal website.

Phoenix: http://www.golfwrx.c...eport-jan-2018/

NW Florida: http://www.golfwrx.c...eport-dec-2017/

Orlando: http://www.golfwrx.c...-november-2017/

Lafayette: http://www.golfwrx.c...ette-area-trip/

Monterey: http://www.golfwrx.c...ey-trip-report/

Ann Arbor: http://www.golfwrx.c...or-trip-report/

Mesquite: http://www.golfwrx.c...ge-trip-report/

SoCal 2016: http://www.golfwrx.c...ia-trip-report/

Dallas: http://www.golfwrx.c...as-trip-report/

Eastern Iowa: http://www.golfwrx.c...labor-day-trip/

Nebraska: http://www.golfwrx.c...-nebraska-trip/

North Central Illinois: http://www.golfwrx.c...r-memorial-day/

Ohio: http://www.golfwrx.c...us-trip-report/

Austin: http://www.golfwrx.c...n-mid-december/

South Central Michigan: http://www.golfwrx.c...-michigan-tour/

Wisconsin: http://www.golfwrx.c...in-circle-tour/

Orlando to Jacksonville: http://www.golfwrx.c...le-in-february/

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

The PGA Tour Superstore in Schaumburg is selling some of their demo clubs. Just a heads up for people who don't want to deal with the mob scene at the upcoming golf expo.

Was there anything good? Looking for a driver.

Lots of Epics (that's pretty much always the case though), a couple of 917s and a few Ping G400s stood out.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Whisper Creek on Sunday. When there was a foot of snow on the ground I was worried my streak of consecutive months played would end. The weather gods obviously want me to play and I humbly thank them.

Piretti Cottonwood II

Whisper Creek on Sunday. When there was a foot of snow on the ground I was worried my streak of consecutive months played would end. The weather gods obviously want me to play and I humbly thank them.

We're supposed to get more rain today and tomorrow. Don't you think the course is going to be a bit of a muddy mess?

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Marengo Ridge is open too.

I'll attempt to play tomorrow morning. It might be a "cart path only" walking day.

No rain until the afternoon. Sunday looks to be too windy for the temperature.

I just want to get outside and off the sim before my Birmingham trip next week. The opening tee shot on the Oxmoor Ridge course looks a little intimidating.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

We're supposed to get more rain today and tomorrow. Don't you think the course is going to be a bit of a muddy mess?

Oh, I'm anticipating it'll be muddy. However, we're only supposed to get about a half inch of rain. I can deal with that.

Piretti Cottonwood II

No plans today. Bored. Hmmmm.....

Chicago Golf Show!

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

I'll attempt to play tomorrow morning. It might be a "cart path only" walking day.

I just want to get outside and off the sim before my Birmingham trip next week. The opening tee shot on the Oxmoor Ridge course looks a little intimidating.

That was a fine line between fun and miserable. The wind was supposed to be single digits, but it was howling out there!

Entire course was frozen. I couldn't get a tee in the ground and forget about holding a green.

On the other hand, it wasn't wet at all (frozen) and the greens rolled very true. Toughest part was chipping. The ground just rejected my wedges over and over again leaving some thin shots.

My stretch 3 was on, luckily, since I couldn't use the driver.

First time playing with the ear buds on and it really put a pep in my step. I might continue that all year when i'm playing solo. Not sure if I would've played the back nine without the music.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

That was a fine line between fun and miserable. The wind was supposed to be single digits, but it was howling out there!

Entire course was frozen. I couldn't get a tee in the ground and forget about holding a green.

On the other hand, it wasn't wet at all (frozen) and the greens rolled very true. Toughest part was chipping. The ground just rejected my wedges over and over again leaving some thin shots.

My stretch 3 was on, luckily, since I couldn't use the driver.

First time playing with the ear buds on and it really put a pep in my step. I might continue that all year when i'm playing solo. Not sure if I would've played the back nine without the music.

... As my 28 yr old son would say "You guys are so thirsty!" I am heading out to Phoenix for a month and hope April brings at least a few days of golf weather. 60+ and some sun or I am not playing. Back gets too stiff and I start picking up bad swing habits when I am cold. I just received my F8 and F8+ with a 65gm Even Flow Blue as well as the 5/6 F8 and 75gm Even Flow Blue (set to 17.5*) and am looking forward to seeing how they play compared to their awesome performance on the range. Best clubs I hit at the PGA Show this year.

... And coming from an old timer, I have always been against music on the course as I prefer the sounds of nature and the camaraderie. But last season playing some solo practice rounds I turned on Amazon Music and played some Classic Rock and have to admit it was great because I could still hear the birds, wind and the trees but some nice music coming from my bag made the day a little more enjoyable.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Nearly caved at the golf show. Mizuno JPX-900 demo drivers going for $120. Probably about 50 of them there and 10 lefties. 60%/40% stiff/x-stiff which was surprising. Most are 9/10. Was looking for shoes but couldn't find any in wide. Otherwise a good waste of time but $13/Stella 24oz was getting up there.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

the long range forecast is looking decent so far going into march. We might get some good golf in early this spring?

The long-term March forecasts look to be colder than average

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

the long range forecast is looking decent so far going into march. We might get some good golf in early this spring?

The 5-day forecast is rarely correct, can we really trust a long range forecast!?

I hear ya, but just reporting Illinois State’s climate/weather guru

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

The 5-day forecast is rarely correct, can we really trust a long range forecast!?

I hear ya, but just reporting Illinois State's climate/weather guru

Of course, I am only kidding around.

Bear and I played an insanely windy round at Whisper Creek today. There wasn’t any standing water but the course was pretty wet. Then again, if we waited until it was dry out, we’d be waiting to play until May. When we teed off at 8:30 the wind was really howling and playing definitely seemed like a mistake. However, it lessened a little bit as the day went on. There were a couple of fellow idiots out there today but not many. My ball striking was alright but it was just nice to get out.

Piretti Cottonwood II

“Slight” change of plans - no trip to Florida?. Since the weather was so nice, a buddy and I decided to hit Sanctuary for a quick 18. It was windy as hell, the game didn’t cooperate one bit, but.... it’s Chicago and February! The course was little wet, but very much playable. The greens were little bumpy, but surprisingly fast.. Quite a few fellas on the golf course, but managed to get the entire 18 in little over 3 hours (cart path only).

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

“Slight” change of plans - no trip to Florida?. Since the weather was so nice, a buddy and I decided to hit Sanctuary for a quick 18. It was windy as hell, the game didn’t cooperate one bit, but.... it’s Chicago and February! The course was little wet, but very much playable. The greens were little bumpy, but surprisingly fast.. Quite a few fellas on the golf course, but managed to get the entire 18 in little over 3 hours (cart path only).

How much for a round?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

How much for a round?

My friend paid for me, but per website, it’s $15 to walk and $25 to ride. No tee times during winter, so first come, first serve.

It’s actually pretty amazing the course is in such a good condition- during the recent rains, the entire course was under water. Looking at the debris left behind, only top of the bunkers were left visible. I’m guessing there must have been at least 5+ feet of water.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

How much for a round?

My friend paid for me, but per website, it’s $15 to walk and $25 to ride. No tee times during winter, so first come, first serve.

It’s actually pretty amazing the course is in such a good condition- during the recent rains, the entire course was under water. Looking at the debris left behind, only top of the bunkers were left visible. I’m guessing there must have been at least 5+ feet of water.

They guys who manage Sanctuary do a great job maintaining it considering it gets a lot of traffic year round.

I'm considering a round at Indian Boundary tomorrow morning. It'll likely be in the upper 30's and/or low 40's, with very light winds. It'll very likely be a game time decision. Otherwise, I'm going to head to the Diversey driving range.

... I arrived in Phoenix yesterday after a 3 day drive and have the next 10 days booked at different courses. Gonna stay the entire month of March and will book more rounds after playing these courses to see which ones I want to play again. But I got this today and thought of you guys:

Naperbrook Golf Course will be open for walking only this weekend, with limited food & beverage available in the golf shop. The driving range will also be open.

18 holes $24

9 holes or after 1 pm $15

Rates are for walking. Carts will not be available

Contact the golf shop for more information for tee times 630-378-4215

Naperbrook will be open for Saturday ans Sunday only. Springbrook Golf Course will remain closed, however the driving range will be open on Sunday only.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

got a ski trip coming up march 21

will keep up with some putting and swinging at home, but likely wont hit a course until mid-april

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x