2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Enjoyed getting out at Sportsman's today. We arrived pre-dawn to loosen up at the range and then waited out the frost delay of two hours.

Wonder if Argonne69's group was waiting with us....one of them had a snappy new green hat.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

... I don't wanna rub in I am in Phoenix thru the end of the month and you guys are grabbing golf if you can in less than ideal conditions. But ... I am on the first tee today as a single at Papago and a big dude introduces himself to me as Desmond but I already knew I was gonna be playing golf with Desmond Clark!?!?! Got to pick his brain a little about Cutler but mostly he wants to concentrate on golf and talking golf as he is just beginning and completely smitten. Great touch for a big man and maybe the largest hands I have ever shook. I have been here since March 1st and I have been paired up with t ton of Canadians, Minnesota'ens but nobody from Illinois. Desmond was the first person I have been paired up from Chicago. What are the odds???

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Enjoyed getting out at Sportsman's today. We arrived pre-dawn to loosen up at the range and then waited out the frost delay of two hours.

Wonder if Argonne69's group was waiting with us....one of them had a snappy new green hat.

No, that wasn't me. I arrived at 9:35 am for a 9:43 am tee time. I went out with another single, and we played through a foursome on the 3rd hole. When we reached the 6th teebox, I could see it was fairly backed up. So, I made a strategic decision, and hopped over to #11 and played the back nine as a single. I had the course to myself. After finishing the 18th, I headed over to #10, and then played 6 through 9. I was able to finish the round in a nice 2:30.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

... I don't wanna rub in I am in Phoenix thru the end of the month and you guys are grabbing golf if you can in less than ideal conditions. But ... I am on the first tee today as a single at Papago and a big dude introduces himself to me as Desmond but I already knew I was gonna be playing golf with Desmond Clark!?!?! Got to pick his brain a little about Cutler but mostly he wants to concentrate on golf and talking golf as he is just beginning and completely smitten. Great touch for a big man and maybe the largest hands I have ever shook. I have been here since March 1st and I have been paired up with t ton of Canadians, Minnesota'ens but nobody from Illinois. Desmond was the first person I have been paired up from Chicago. What are the odds???

Nice. The closest I've come to seeing a star in Phoenix was seeing Larry Fitzgerald taking a leak on a tree at Camelback GC in '16. And no, I didn't walk up and ask to shake his hand. :swoon:

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

No, that wasn't me. I arrived at 9:35 am for a 9:43 am tee time. I went out with another single, and we played through a foursome on the 3rd hole. When we reached the 6th teebox, I could see it was fairly backed up. So, I made a strategic decision, and hopped over to #11 and played the back nine as a single. I had the course to myself. After finishing the 18th, I headed over to #10, and then played 6 through 9. I was able to finish the round in a nice 2:30.

that was you we saw heading up 12 as we were playing 11. we were trying to figure out who jumped out front...

the starter knew someone had 'pulled a move' and asked us to let him know who was on the back nine. playa.....

nice lid you were sporting, too.

best regards.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

that was you we saw heading up 12 as we were playing 11. we were trying to figure out who jumped out front...

the starter knew someone had 'pulled a move' and asked us to let him know who was on the back nine. playa.....

nice lid you were sporting, too.

best regards.

Yeah, I chatted with him when I was heading to the 10th. I was moving at a good clip on the back, so nobody was going to catch me. You had just started walking up the 12th when I finished the 15th.

Does anyone else prefer December/January/Feb when you know it is cold and you don't get your hopes up every time you check the forecast thinking there might be a chance to play....just to have your hopes and dreams of warmer days crushed? March/April are the worst here.

Wait, it gets worse. The temps will finally get high enough to play, but then we'll deal with the crappy forecasts that call for rain.

Does anyone else prefer December/January/Feb when you know it is cold and you don't get your hopes up every time you check the forecast thinking there might be a chance to play....just to have your hopes and dreams of warmer days crushed? March/April are the worst here.

Wait, it gets worse. The temps will finally get high enough to play, but then we'll deal with the crappy forecasts that call for rain.

Very true. :angry:

Sheesh...such negativity. Jay Cutler is out of town you know.

Just a realist...Also Jay Cutler was better than Trubisky will ever be.

As a Packer fan, I have to compliment your astute observation which is definitely on point. The Bears gave Cutler little help in any given year. Some years, he had line issues, some years he had no one to throw to, and a few years he had both issues. And, yet, he led them to hosting an NFC Championship game...

As a Packer fan, I have to compliment your astute observation which is definitely on point. The Bears gave Cutler little help in any given year. Some years, he had line issues, some years he had no one to throw to, and a few years he had both issues. And, yet, he led them to hosting an NFC Championship game...

Let's pretend for a second this is an accurate statement. If he had all the talent in the world but missed a supporting cast, why didn't 1 single team make a play for him when he was cut by the Bears? It took and injury to Tannenhill before anyone even considered signing him. Look at the talent he had in Miami last year...Jai Ajai...Jarvis Landry...DeVante Parker...Julius Thomas.

Heck, Grossman took the Bears to a Super Bowl and all he had was Hester and Forte.

Don't get me wrong, Cutler has a boat load of talent but a boatload of a crappy attitude to match.

Let's pretend for a second this is an accurate statement. If he had all the talent in the world but missed a supporting cast, why didn't 1 single team make a play for him when he was cut by the Bears? It took and injury to Tannenhill before anyone even considered signing him. Look at the talent he had in Miami last year...Jai Ajai...Jarvis Landry...DeVante Parker...Julius Thomas.

Heck, Grossman took the Bears to a Super Bowl and all he had was Hester and Forte.

Don't get me wrong, Cutler has a boat load of talent but a boatload of a crappy attitude to match.

If you are going to accept for the sake of argument that it's an accurate statement, it can be easily understood why the guy always looked like he was taking a perpetual 10 pound dump through a 5-pound pipe.

<I do believe media coverage of his facial expressions and body language were overblown.>

If you are going to accept for the sake of argument that it's an accurate statement, it can be easily understood why the guy always looked like he was taking a perpetual 10 pound dump through a 5-pound pipe.

<I do believe media coverage of his facial expressions and body language were overblown.>

Cutler was something like 1-13 against the Pack...how could you not love him?

I see there's debate about the future of Lake Bluff golf club. I always enjoyed that course. Really like playing it. Prices always seem to be a bit higher than they should be.

There are some rallying around rebuilding it as a 9 holer with a expanded practice facility. Not sure they could address the flooding and change things up. It would be great to see that happen.

This is true. There has been some contact with some architects who would be interested in taking a look at it. Nothing to discuss at this point since its unclear what the PD is going to move forward with.

They need to stay out of the flooded areas and work in the areas that stay dry to bring over some play from every other north shore course that floods during heavy rains. I missed the last meeting but it sounds like there are more questions then answers. Outside of the areas that constantly flood, there is another 70-80 acres that could be used for 9 holes, short course, practice area.

They also need to understand that dumping money into the clubhouse is exactly that, dumping money. I've never seen anyone in there, eating lunch and socializing. People go into the shop to pay for green fees, which there are other options for that coming out, and grab a drink. Instead of paying 1.x mil to improve it, they need to just knock it down and use a modular option.

I'm paying close attention to this one since it looks like a perfect opportunity to turn it into a Winter Park or Sweetens Cove.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

And the devil thought he played a better fiddle than Johnny and we all know how that turned out.

I always thought the devil was much better than Johnny.

Better backup band and production.

I had a half day at work so I played Village Links. The course was almost completely empty minus one foursome and two or three twosomes. It was breezier than I expected but I played well. Village Links sets up well for me and I was getting decent distance despite the cool temps.

Oh, and no one knows how good or bad Mitch is yet since he had training wheels all last year. My assumption is, don't get your hopes up because if he was good they wouldn't have been so absurdly cautious with him last season. Smokin' Jay didn't get offers because he had offseason surgery. That's why he took the tv gig. It was only supposed to be a one year thing until Adam Gase came calling with $10 million in guaranteed money. Smokin' Jay's response to that was Smokin' Jay's response to everything.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

I had a half day at work so I played Village Links. The course was almost completely empty minus one foursome and two or three twosomes. It was breezier than I expected but I played well. Village Links sets up well for me and I was getting decent distance despite the cool temps.

Oh, and no one knows how good or bad Mitch is yet since he had training wheels all last year. My assumption is, don't get your hopes up because if he was good they wouldn't have been so absurdly cautious with him last season. Smokin' Jay didn't get offers because he had offseason surgery. That's why he took the tv gig. It was only supposed to be a one year thing until Adam Gase came calling with $10 million in guaranteed money. Smokin' Jay's response to that was Smokin' Jay's response to everything.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

Where is JMoney with his stories from Alabama??? Need to see if all his posts end with Roll Tide!

Slowly recuperating ...

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Muira 302 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

No snow up by me this morning.... Wheeeeeeew! Golf will be played tomorrow :-) Temps look okay for next week.

New sticks will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday.

Let the golf season begin!

Morning temps in the mid to upper 30's, warming by 43 degrees in the late afternoon with 15 to 22 mph winds off the lake? You're a trooper.

Next week looks much better. I have the day off on Wednesday before I fly out to Alabama in the late afternoon. I might try to get a round in in the mid-morning.

No snow up by me this morning.... Wheeeeeeew! Golf will be played tomorrow :-) Temps look okay for next week.

New sticks will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday.

Let the golf season begin!

Morning temps in the mid to upper 30's, warming by 43 degrees in the late afternoon with 15 to 22 mph winds off the lake? You're a trooper.

Next week looks much better. I have the day off on Wednesday before I fly out to Alabama in the late afternoon. I might try to get a round in in the mid-morning.

Got a sweet head mask that goes well with my rain pants and base wear. It keeps my neck and head really really warm. I'll get at least 9 in.

Being outside this morning here, while it's really windy, temps don't seem to be too bad. Might have to hit the range.

Cutler got hurt in 2013 and McCown started. With those crappy players, McCown ended the 2013 season completing 66.5 percent of his passes for 1,829 yards with 13 touchdowns, one interception and a 109.0 passer rating, the third highest behind Peyton Manning and Nick Foles and the best in Bears history. He also led the NFL in interception percentage with a 0.4 percentage.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I'm not sure what everyone is waiting for. The courses are open and empty. Bear and I walked 36 today at Bonnie Brook and Pine Meadows, and a big shout out goes to the east wind that was keeping nasty weather away from the lakefront. Was it cold? Sure. Did we wait on a single shot? Absolutely not. Also, since it's been so dry, the courses are in great shape. They certainly aren't green (though the green dye on the Bonnie Brook putting surfaces made it look that way from a distance) but I didn't have to deal with any of the usual March plugging and mud ball issues that I've gotten so accustomed to dealing with.

There were a few guys waiting around in the Bonnie Brook pro shop but our guess is that they were just avoiding their wives. There were about three or four other fellow morons on the course this morning, but they were spread out. I was able to put up a pretty decent score. Given the mid 30's temps and wind I'll take a 76. I'll be back plenty of times this year as the front end of a double if for no other reason than it's always cheap.

The Pine Ghettos parking lot was completely empty and when we walked in the guy in the pro shop was screaming into his phone about Tiger. Something about twist face and TMade "sweating balls." Good stuff. He wasn't expecting customers. The greens at Ghettos were really quick (not a typo) and the pins were put out by someone who thought it would be funny to tuck everything on either the front or back corner. Again, there was very little green other than fake dye and the front nine was tough but I got going on the back, chipped in for birdie on 15, and finished with a 77.

Tomorrow I have to run the stupid Shamrock Shuffle. If I get pneumonia I blame my wife for signing me up for this disaster waiting to happen.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II