2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

[quote name='ei19' timestamp='1438113187' post='12036530'][quote name='av1084' timestamp='1438113086' post='12036520'][quote name='ei19' timestamp='1438110521' post='12036300']
Mine were delivered today.
[/quote]

Where's the enthusiasm????[/quote]

Well, I'm out of town on business! I'll see them on Friday.[/quote]

I'd cancel all meetings and claim an emergency. Brutal!

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

Quick question for everyone. I was fitted for the Ping i25 irons with a yellow dot and standard length a few months ago. I want to order a set of the new Ping i Irons, but realized by reading this thread that they are 1/4" longer than the i25 irons in the 3-9 irons. My question is, should I order 3-9 at -1/4" to match my i25 fitting or does 1/4" not make that much of a difference? Please let me know your thoughts. I would appreciate it.

[quote name='brunkel' timestamp='1438195896' post='12042804']
Quick question for everyone. I was fitted for the Ping i25 irons with a yellow dot and standard length a few months ago. I want to order a set of the new Ping i Irons, but realized by reading this thread that they are 1/4" longer than the i25 irons in the 3-9 irons. My question is, should I order 3-9 at -1/4" to match my i25 fitting or does 1/4" not make that much of a difference? Please let me know your thoughts. I would appreciate it.
[/quote]

.25" length makes a significant difference.
[color=#282828]I recommend visiting [/color][url="http://www.pinggolf.com/"]www.pinggolf.com[/url][color=#282828] [/color][color=#282828]and using the Ping web fit.Be precise in taking your height and wrist to floor measurements. The web fit will give you the correct length and lie for your physique, and these specs will set you up well to making fundamentally sound swings. Webfit will provide you with the correct specs for a new set of ie model irons[/color]
[color=#282828]Avoid the more popular "dynamic fitting", based on the sole impact and ball flight , because that method may promote swing faults.[/color][color=#282828] [/color]

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

[quote name='doubleagle2' timestamp='1438199404' post='12043192']
Well Ping has disappointed me. I preordered first thing in the morning on 7/15. Now I find out mine aren't scheduled to be shipped until next week. Half a mind to cancel the order since the rep told me if I preordered I have them in hand on 7/30.
[/quote]

You can't wait 17-18 days for new clubs?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Taylor Made Sim 2 Max 5-wood 18*, Ventus Blue 50 A
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[quote name='rgk5' timestamp='1438203694' post='12043616']
[quote name='doubleagle2' timestamp='1438199404' post='12043192']
Well Ping has disappointed me. I preordered first thing in the morning on 7/15. Now I find out mine aren't scheduled to be shipped until next week. Half a mind to cancel the order since the rep told me if I preordered I have them in hand on 7/30.
[/quote]

You can't wait 17-18 days for new clubs?
[/quote]
Yea just irritated they have already shipped some out and are shipping more tomorrow and Friday. Then the rest next week. Just find it hard to believe that many sets were ordered before mine since I ordered first thing on the first day but they say they are going in order. Plus the Ping rep told me I would have them 7/30 and they jerked me around on my last order just irritated but I guess I will wait.

Had the chance to follow around and talk with Alex Prugh yesterday at the Quicken. He had them in the bag and said he absolutely loved them. Better turf interaction than the 25's, looked better, felt better, performed better.

TM Qi10LS Hulk PVD 70TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

[quote name='square' timestamp='1438202395' post='12043492'][quote name='brunkel' timestamp='1438195896' post='12042804']
[/quote]

.25" length makes a significant difference.
[color=#282828]I recommend visiting [/color][url="http://www.pinggolf.com/"]www.pinggolf.com[/url][color=#282828] [/color][color=#282828]and using the Ping web fit.Be precise in taking your height and wrist to floor measurements. The web fit will give you the correct length and lie for your physique, and these specs will set you up well to making fundamentally sound swings. Webfit will provide you with the correct specs for a new set of ie model irons[/color]
[color=#282828]Avoid the more popular "dynamic fitting", based on the sole impact and ball flight , because that method may promote swing faults.[/color][color=#282828] [/color][/quote]

I have been fit about 6 times over the years. The chart says to take .25 off the shaft but after hitting balls, Black at standard length is what they recommend every time. Best to hit them.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM10 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

[quote name='brunkel' timestamp='1438195896' post='12042804']
[/quote]

[u]Length[/u]

Were you comfortable with the length you were fit into? Was your club gapping the way you like it? Were you hitting the balls flush at that length?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then order -1/4" in yellow color code.
If not, then consider the new length and how that might affect your swing. Specifically,lie angle.

[u]Lie Angle[/u]

Effective lie angle changes with club length. A longer club plays more upright and a shorter club plays flatter.

1/2" in length = .75° effective lie angle difference. That's the reason PING now does lie angle options (color codes) in .75° increments.

So, 1/2" length difference = one color code difference. That is[list]
[*]1/2" shorter = effective lie angle is .75° flatter = one color code down the chart; and
[*]1/2" longer = effective lie angle .75° more upright = one color code up the chart.
[/list]
Therefore, 1/4" longer = 1/2 a color code difference ( i.e., .375° difference)[list]
[*]If your ball flight right now is a tad "lefter" than you like, consider the next color code down.
[*]If your ball flight right now is a tad "righter" than you like, consider the next color code up.
[*]If your ball flight is dead on right now, you are on the PGA Tour. Congratulations, PING will be flying you to Phoenix any day now to get you fitted in their Tour player facility with Trackman and nFlight, so stop worrying. (Alternatively, just stay with your current color code because the difference is minimal.)
[/list]
Having said all that, just go get fitted and hit the clubs. The iE1 is a new head - maybe your specs aren't going to be the same as the old head.

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1438207244' post='12043958'][quote name='av1084' timestamp='1437974030' post='12025764']
Sorry if this has been addressed, but are the Modus shafts unique to the I series or will they be available at no up charge in the Glides?
[/quote]why would you want a sub 100 gram wedge shaft?[/quote]

If you play the same sub 100 gram shaft in your irons. Some people prefer the same shaft in their wedges.

[quote name='Harry Longshanks' timestamp='1438206976' post='12043924'][quote name='brunkel' timestamp='1438195896' post='12042804']
[/quote]

[u]Length[/u]

Were you comfortable with the length you were fit into? Was your club gapping the way you like it? Were you hitting the balls flush at that length?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then order -1/4" in yellow color code.
If not, then consider the new length and how that might affect your swing. Specifically,lie angle.

[u]Lie Angle[/u]

Effective lie angle changes with club length. A longer club plays more upright and a shorter club plays flatter.

1/2" in length = .75° effective lie angle difference. That's the reason PING now does lie angle options (color codes) in .75° increments.

[*]1/2" shorter = effective lie angle is .75° flatter = one color code down the chart; and
[*]1/2" longer = effective lie angle .75° more upright = one color code up the chart.
[/list]
Therefore, 1/4" longer = 1/2 a color code difference ( i.e., .375° difference)[list]
[*]If your ball flight right now is a tad "lefter" than you like, consider the next color code down.
[*]If your ball flight right now is a tad "righter" than you like, consider the next color code up.
[*]If your ball flight is dead on right now, you are on the PGA Tour. Congratulations, PING will be flying you to Phoenix any day now to get you fitted in their Tour player facility with Trackman and nFlight, so stop worrying. (Alternatively, just stay with your current color code because the difference is minimal.)
[/list]
Having said all that, just go get fitted and hit the clubs. The iE1 is a new head - maybe your specs aren't going to be the same as the old head.[/quote]yellow=yellow. Black=black. The new irons are slightly longer but have slightly flatter lies. So if you were fitted for a color code stick with it. Too many people are over thinking this.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

[quote name='ashortgame' timestamp='1438223892' post='12045442']
It may have been discussed somewhere in this thread, but with 46 pages its difficult to find. So could anyone who has moved from i25's or i20's tell me what they have noticed with the new Ping i's in regard to comparing the distance and forgiveness to the previous models. Cheers in advance.
[/quote]

As far as I know nobody here has actually played rounds of golf with the new ie sets. So far it is just guys who have hit balls with a 7 iron.

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

[quote name='dlygrisse' timestamp='1438220144' post='12045086']
[quote name='Harry Longshanks' timestamp='1438206976' post='12043924'][quote name='brunkel' timestamp='1438195896' post='12042804']
[/quote]

[u]Length[/u]

[u]Lie Angle[/u]

[/list]
[/list]
Having said all that, just go get fitted and hit the clubs. The iE1 is a new head - maybe your specs aren't going to be the same as the old head.[/quote]yellow=yellow. Black=black. The new irons are slightly longer but have slightly flatter lies. So if you were fitted for a color code stick with it. Too many people are over thinking this.
[/quote]

Not true.... New irons are longer & MORE upright
ie-1 5-iron 38" 61.13*
i25 5-iron 37.75" 60.75*

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

[quote name='animalgolfs' timestamp='1438232017' post='12046048']
[/quote]

[u]Length[/u]

[u]Lie Angle[/u]

[/list]
[/list]
[/quote]

ie-1 5-iron 38" 61.13*
i25 5-iron 37.75" 60.75*
[/quote]

Those are the stock numbers for the ie1 and the i25. But "stock" is a different color code for i25 (black) than iE1 (blue), so if you ordered a black dot ie1 at standard length (38 for ie1) then it would in one color code (.75deg) less than the stock numbers on pings page, so that ie1 in black dot should be 60.38 deg - which is what the previous poster said, slightly longer, with slightly flatter lie.

[quote name='doublehans' timestamp='1438239431' post='12046292']
[/quote]

[u]Length[/u]

[u]Lie Angle[/u]

[/list]
[/list]
[/quote]

ie-1 5-iron 38" 61.13*
i25 5-iron 37.75" 60.75*
[/quote]

Those are the stock numbers for the ie1 and the i25. But "stock" is a different color code for i25 (black) than iE1 (blue), so if you ordered a black dot ie1 at standard length (38 for ie1) then it would in one color code (.75deg) less than the stock numbers on pings page, so that ie1 in black dot should be 60.38 deg - which is what the previous poster said, slightly longer, with slightly flatter lie.
[/quote]

As I was wrong.... Just not in the "standard" verbiage

Black is black - just don't say standard request black

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

[/quote]

[u]Length[/u]

[u]Lie Angle[/u]

[/list]
[/list]
[/quote]

ie-1 5-iron 38" 61.13*
i25 5-iron 37.75" 60.75*
[/quote]
Are you comparing black to black? If you are comparing black to blue then that is why. The new spec listed is blue, the old spec listed is black. So if you subtract .75* from the IE blue spec it is 60.38* which is flatter than the old I25 spec. which on an iron that 1/4" longer makes perfect sense.

Just because the new "standard" is blue doesnt change the fitting system, it just means that's the color code that will be the standard stock set at a big box store if you don't get custom fit and buy off the rack.

Get it?

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Trying to do an online fitting based on your height and arm length is a guideline and only that. I have been "fit" by top Ping fitters and they almost always fit too upright and a little too long. Go find someone with a good fitting cart, a sharpie and a bag of balls on grass and get fit. :)

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1438207244' post='12043958']
[quote name='av1084' timestamp='1437974030' post='12025764']
Sorry if this has been addressed, but are the Modus shafts unique to the I series or will they be available at no up charge in the Glides?
[/quote]why would you want a sub 100 gram wedge shaft?
[/quote]

CFS is a lightweight shaft played in many folks irons and wedges.

[quote name='mizuno29' timestamp='1438270669' post='12047854']
[quote name='Little Ned' timestamp='1433423463' post='11687900']
Have we confirmed that just a new iteration i series is coming out next week? Will we see the G35 as well?
[/quote]It's called the G max iron
[/quote]

I think the GMax is the Karsten replacement, so it's not the g35 or next iteration of the g30, that will be next year.

[quote name='dlygrisse' timestamp='1438269075' post='12047718']
[/quote]

[u]Length[/u]

[u]Lie Angle[/u]

[/list]
[/list]
[/quote]

ie-1 5-iron 38" 61.13*
i25 5-iron 37.75" 60.75*
[/quote]
Are you comparing black to black? If you are comparing black to blue then that is why. The new spec listed is blue, the old spec listed is black. So if you subtract .75* from the IE blue spec it is 60.38* which is flatter than the old I25 spec. which on an iron that 1/4" longer makes perfect sense.

Just because the new "standard" is blue doesnt change the fitting system, it just means that's the color code that will be the standard stock set at a big box store if you don't get custom fit and buy off the rack.

Get it?
[/quote]

What if you're getting fit and there's a full moon -- I've heard the gravity of the moon pulls the earth towards it a 1/4 inch.......would blue dot then be back to black dot? Fitting cart just arrived at my club.......sold my i25s to my buddy last night after a few pops at men's night and am already having sellers remorse.

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa