2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

These are really good but I'm going to go to some blades. I will be putting on bst and will prolly regret it later. I've got em +1/4" 4-u with project X 6.0 and GP plus 4 grips.

I've hit them great but I'm a pretty low handicap and have found that I like a thinner top line to look at. My loss will be someone's gain.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

I got out to play today on a not very crowded course by myself with no distractions. I was able to play 36 holes in pretty nice weather. My swing seems to be coming back around after not being able to play much at all lately. I hit more great shots with these clubs today than I have in a long time with any club. They just seem to put the ball where it supposed to go. Not sure if it's the cooler temps, but I still believe they are a club shorter than my JPX 800's.

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hit the new G series irons? I demo'd the i series and there really was no advantage to these over my i20's (project X 6.0) with any of the shafts, although the project X gave the best results with the new i series. On a whim, I hit the G and was gaining 10 yards with great ball flight and dispersion (168 with both i20 and iE 1, 178 with G; 7 iron). I'm a 3.5 index but may go with the G. Looks great over the ball but not sure if I'm a G guy...

I could go either way. Have played older G's, s55 and all of the i's including the new one. I will say the new "I" blurs the lines a little bit. More forgiving than they look at address. But if your concern is low scores the G is always the way to go. Why not take advantage of the help. I have found I can hit all of the same shots with the G's....only better due to the increased confidence at address.

Playing the i's until I get to an outdoor demo and put them up against the G's.

The best thing I can say after playing these for a little over a month is that I like them more and more each time out.

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

I tried the AP2s along side the Is, I was hoping I would like the AP2s better but the Is were better for me in feel, ball flight and forgiveness, the AP2s did win the looks category. They are both great sets the Is are just marginally better in those areas but enough for me to go with the Pings.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

I tried the AP2s along side the Is, I was hoping I would like the AP2s better but the Is were better for me in feel, ball flight and forgiveness, the AP2s did win the looks category. They are both great sets the Is are just marginally better in those areas but enough for me to go with the Pings.

Where do I put "looks" on the scorecard? :)

I play a lot of club golf and see lots of guys playing AP2's that shouldn't -- the Pings are worth at least 1 shot a round to me (toe hits especially -- make the green instead of the bunker).

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa 

Hit the I's this weekend at my someone local Golf Smith Super Store. Very forgiving and was a few more yards longer compared to the S55's. I did hit them with the Modus S 105 shaft and seemed just a tad to light for my liking. Would you think by going with the X Stiff in the Modus that might help out some with the add weight?

Hit the I's this weekend at my someone local Golf Smith Super Store. Very forgiving and was a few more yards longer compared to the S55's. I did hit them with the Modus S 105 shaft and seemed just a tad to light for my liking. Would you think by going with the X Stiff in the Modus that might help out some with the add weight?

all else being equal (angle of attack, swing path, how you load the shaft etc) -- the Modus will launch the ball higher. Try Dynamic Gold for lower flight.

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa 

all else being equal (angle of attack, swing path, how you load the shaft etc) -- the Modus will launch the ball higher. Try Dynamic Gold for lower flight.

I would also recommend looking at the ZZ65 shaft possibly with the Cushin insert.

I have px6.0 in mine. I came from the 5.5 in the anser that was just a touch soft. I am a normally mid to mid high ball player. My miss I lllllloooooowwwah. When I connect with the new irons it is a beautiful high shot. Maybe a little too high if there is some wind. We have a par three over water that my tees play anywhere from 145 to 196. Was playing Thursday afternoon and it was 185. It's 145 to cover the water. I got it caught up in the wind and made it past the water by 2 yards. I hit my 190 club. I haven't figured how to flight it down yet. Not without hitting the hard right to left shot.

I came from S59 (6.0) to 2nd gen ansers(5.5) as I have gotten older now. But the 5.5 was just soft enough that my normally straight to 2-3 yard cut was drawing. I don't really know my swing speed right now. But 8iron is 160, 7 iron is 170, 6 iron is 185-190ish and 5 is just at 200.

Did not really pick up any yards with the switch from the new irons but I love the feel and the flight is more consistent than my previous set.

I hope that helps.

I'm a 8 handicap.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

These are really good but I'm going to go to some blades. I will be putting on bst and will prolly regret it later. I've got em +1/4" 4-u with project X 6.0 and GP plus 4 grips.

I've hit them great but I'm a pretty low handicap and have found that I like a thinner top line to look at. My loss will be someone's gain.

Did you sell them yet?

I went with 5-PW and glide wedges from 48,52,56,60. I have never played ping because I always required a thin topline. I demoed my ping I Irons on my Skytrak against my Callaway 2013 x forged irons. Consistency was better length was better and I have been able to be on the course in February 7 times. these are the most forgiving Iron that I have ever played and they feel better that my forged clubs.

I customed my set

5 24

6 28

7 32

8 36

9 40

PW 44

GW 48

AW 52

SW 56

LW 60

Standard lie and length, but Honestly I have had a couple shots that I looked at my club after the shot and said wow that should have been horrible, only to walk onto the green and see the ball lost almost no distance and stayed online.

The only thing I have to say is the swing weights I ordered where all off I ordered D2 in 5-8 and D-3 in 9, PW and D-4 in the rest.

I had to custom weight all of them when I got them. Kinda weird for a company that custom builds every set.

KING LTD PRO Driver & KING LTD 3 Wood Stock Stiff shafts and length
PING e1 Irons 5-PW and PING Glide SS 48,52,56,TS60 all with Stock Length and Black Lie angle with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts
Odyssey 2 ball Fang Putter with Superstroke Pistol 1.0 Grip and Nike RZN Tour Platinum Ball

I went with 5-PW and glide wedges from 48,52,56,60. I have never played ping because I always required a thin topline. I demoed my ping I Irons on my Skytrak against my Callaway 2013 x forged irons. Consistency was better length was better and I have been able to be on the course in February 7 times. these are the most forgiving Iron that I have ever played and they feel better that my forged clubs.

I customed my set

5 24

6 28

7 32

8 36

9 40

PW 44

GW 48

AW 52

SW 56

LW 60

Standard lie and length, but Honestly I have had a couple shots that I looked at my club after the shot and said wow that should have been horrible, only to walk onto the green and see the ball lost almost no distance and stayed online.

The only thing I have to say is the swing weights I ordered where all off I ordered D2 in 5-8 and D-3 in 9, PW and D-4 in the rest.

I had to custom weight all of them when I got them. Kinda weird for a company that custom builds every set.

What are you yardage gaps between all your clubs

I customed my set

5 24

6 28

7 32

8 36

9 40

PW 44

GW 48

AW 52

SW 56

LW 60

What are you yardage gaps between all your clubs

10-12 yards as I know I need more work on my skytrak to really dial in the yardages.

KING LTD PRO Driver & KING LTD 3 Wood Stock Stiff shafts and length
PING e1 Irons 5-PW and PING Glide SS 48,52,56,TS60 all with Stock Length and Black Lie angle with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts
Odyssey 2 ball Fang Putter with Superstroke Pistol 1.0 Grip and Nike RZN Tour Platinum Ball