Sang-Moon Bae reporting for duty, Sir!

[quote name='John L.' timestamp='1437603814' post='12002350']
[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437597554' post='12001666']
[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1437596763' post='12001562']
Yeah, Just Let other people put their lives at stake in order to defend your right to freely worship your god and protect your family. You may or may not sound selfish.
[/quote]

You act like they do it for free. They're incredibly well compensated, let's not forget that part.

Some of us don't follow the brainwashing culture of the military and all that comes with it. Some of us don't agree with multi-trillion dollar military regimes that politically control the world.
[/quote]

You can thank all the [quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437597554' post='12001666']
Yeah, Just Let other people put their lives at stake in order to defend your right to freely worship your god and protect your family. You may or may not sound selfish.
[/quote]

You act like they do it for free. They're incredibly well compensated, let's not forget that part.

Some of us don't follow the brainwashing culture of the military and all that comes with it. Some of us don't agree with multi-trillion dollar military regimes that politically control the world.
[/quote]

You know nothing. Governments, politicians, and big money control the world. 80% of the worlds military forces are used as pawns, the other 20% are military regimes.

My next door neighbor is a E-4 Army with WIC & Foodstamps. Until you make E-6 and above, you are living low rent.
[/quote]

So, in addition to getting paid for his military service, he seeks further handouts from the gov't. I think we've identified the problem.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='John L.' timestamp='1437603814' post='12002350']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You can thank all the [quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437597554' post='12001666']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You know nothing. Governments, politicians, and big money control the world. 80% of the worlds military forces are used as pawns, the other 20% are military regimes.

My next door neighbor is a E-4 Army with WIC & Foodstamps. Until you make E-6 and above, you are living low rent.
[/quote]Yea both my girlfriends older brothers are in the US Military, I really haven't talked to them much about the economics of it but they aren't living on the high hog. Now there definitely are some benefits with housing and such when you return but damn its heavy work. The one actually just got back from the middle east in May.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1437604308' post='12002390']
[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437592692' post='12001080']
I'd renounce citizenship and become an American.
[/quote]

Why would we take you?
[/quote]

Because it is America, anyone can become an American if they'd like. We're a country of immigrants save those from Native American lineage. Don't tell me you're fighting for our freedoms, yet want to play decision maker on who can become an American.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665

[quote name='Skydiver22' timestamp='1437599390' post='12001870']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I almost choked on my tongue when I read this reply... Almost 30 percent of all enlisted families are on some type of federal aid program. WIC, SNAP, you know the deal, plus when the service member is deployed he or she incurs expenses while they are away from the family... try that for say, 4-6 deployments lasting upwards of 14-16 months. Well compensated is an absolute gross exaggeration. But don't worry... Big Brother is here to protect you, and you constitutional right to spew vitriol speech.
[/quote]

I can understand folks like [b]him[/b], because I hear from others like [b]him[/b], about how their tax money supported my family for the 9 deployments I made in my 20 years. Some folks actually believe guys like[b] him[/b]. He gets to sit behind a keyboard expressing his nonsense due to the dedication of many people who wrote a blank check with their lives.

[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437604575' post='12002414']
[/quote]

Why would we take you?
[/quote]

Because it is America, anyone can become an American if they'd like. We're a country of immigrants save those from Native American lineage. Don't tell me you're fighting for our freedoms, yet want to play decision maker on who can become an American.
[/quote]

Why would we take a fugitive/awol from the military of a country we have crucial military strategic relations with.

[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437604575' post='12002414']
[/quote]

Why would we take you?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not much for history are you. Native Americans were also immigrants.

[quote name='John L.' timestamp='1437605533' post='12002490']
[/quote]

Excuse me?

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665

[/quote]

[/quote]

I almost choked on my tongue when I read this reply... Almost 30 percent of all enlisted families are on some type of federal aid program. WIC, SNAP, you know the deal, plus when the service member is deployed he or she incurs expenses while they are away from the family... try that for say, 4-6 deployments lasting upwards of 14-16 months. Well compensated is an absolute gross exaggeration. But don't worry... Big Brother is here to protect you, and you constitutional right to spew vitriol speech.
[/quote]

I can understand folks like [b]him[/b], because I hear from others like [b]him[/b], about how their tax money supported my family for the 9 deployments I made in my 20 years. Some folks actually believe guys like[b] him[/b]. He gets to sit behind a keyboard expressing his nonsense due to the dedication of many people who wrote a blank check with their lives.
[/quote]

Again, this is America, you had a choice. You got paid for your service, you get plenty of benefits for serving. Why does any opinion other than gushing tears for your service get labeled as nonsense? You clearly loved it, you did it for twenty years when you had the choice to do plenty of other things.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665

[quote name='John L.' timestamp='1437606206' post='12002546']
[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437606029' post='12002534']
[/quote]

Excuse me?
[/quote]

I guess you never heard of the land bridge? The DNA examples?
[/quote]

Let me ask you two simple questions:

1. America was founded by which people?
2. Which people were here before America was founded?

The responses to those questions really determines who immigrated to America and who didn't.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1437596770' post='12001564']
[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1437596148' post='12001500']
You only live one life...to be forced into military service for 2 years of that...yeah, I'd denounce my membership. I'm loyal to God and my family. Country comes third so when it took me away from taking care of my family, so long country. Call me a selfish coward all you want...doesn't make you right.
[/quote]
No, I may not be right, but being part of something much bigger than yourself takes a sacrifice that many can't or won't make. There are a couple million people who are currently making that sacrifices, and more than that with their families making that sacrifice right along with them. You disparage them and millions who have done so before them when you say something like that. You can serve God anywhere (or not), and serving your country like I and many of us did, is noble and just and to protect your right to say statements like that.
[/quote]

What you and Kymar don't understand is you had the freedom to make that decision for yourself. Instead, the government is mandating it in this case. I love our military as much as anyone and I appreciate your service. But, you fought for our freedom to make a choice, not to be told what we will do with our lives. You should understand that.

[/quote]

Excuse me?
[/quote]

[/quote]Yea who knows who the native americans could have conquered (displaced may be more PC) on their way through North America

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437606255' post='12002550']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again, this is America, you had a choice. You got paid for your service, you get plenty of benefits for serving. Why does any opinion other than gushing tears for your service get labeled as nonsense? You clearly loved it, you did it for twenty years when you had the choice to do plenty of other things.
[/quote]

Choices like mine and others are the only thing preventing nice people like yourself from being [b]drafted[/b]. I would love to meet you in person, I highly doubt you would have the manhood to [b]own up[/b] to what you are typing. Type away fool! It's been paid for.

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1437606687' post='12002580']
[/quote]

Excuse me?
[/quote]

[/quote]Yea who knows who the native americans could have conquered (displaced may be more PC) on their way through North America
[/quote]

It wasn't North America then and it certainly wasn't the United States of America. The United States of America is an immigrant country that was originally settled, albeit forcibly, by European transplants. In the years that have passed, we've built our great country by allowing those who want to live in America to immigrate. The Native Americans, however you'd like to categorize them and their ancestors, were not immigrants to the United States of America.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665

[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1437606641' post='12002572']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1437596770' post='12001564']
[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1437596148' post='12001500']
You only live one life...to be forced into military service for 2 years of that...yeah, I'd denounce my membership. I'm loyal to God and my family. Country comes third so when it took me away from taking care of my family, so long country. Call me a selfish coward all you want...doesn't make you right.
[/quote]
No, I may not be right, but being part of something much bigger than yourself takes a sacrifice that many can't or won't make. There are a couple million people who are currently making that sacrifices, and more than that with their families making that sacrifice right along with them. You disparage them and millions who have done so before them when you say something like that. You can serve God anywhere (or not), and serving your country like I and many of us did, is noble and just and to protect your right to say statements like that.
[/quote]

What you and Kymar don't understand is you had the freedom to make that decision for yourself. Instead, the government is mandating it in this case. I love our military as much as anyone and I appreciate your service. But, you fought for our freedom to make a choice, not to be told what we will do with our lives. You should understand that.
[/quote]In the case of South Korea, and Israel, the wolves are at the door. If they didn't mandate it, in short order, they wouldn't have a country. We're lucky in the USA. I don't begrudge what the South Korean government is doing. For them, it's survival.

[quote name='John L.' timestamp='1437606807' post='12002596']

Choices like mine and others are the only thing preventing nice people like yourself from being [b]drafted[/b]. I would love to meet you in person, I highly doubt you would have the manhood to [b]own up[/b] to what you are typing. Type away fool! It's been paid for.
[/quote]

I'm sorry that you've reached a period of adulthood and still think this way. I have no problems sharing my opinions, what would you do, try to kick my a**? Is that some alternative way of dedicating your life to protecting our freedoms? Freedoms like thought, ideas, speech, etc.?

It might be wise for you to look in the mirror or read what you're typing, because you're coming off a tad bit contradictory. You did it all for us one second, then another second you're threatening someone because they have a different opinion than you do. That doesn't sound like someone who chose a career path based off his dying devotion to protect American principles of freedom.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665

[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437606932' post='12002606']
[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1437606687' post='12002580']
[/quote]

Excuse me?
[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn't North America then and it certainly wasn't the United States of America. The United States of America is an immigrant country that was originally settled, albeit forcibly, by European transplants. In the years that have passed, we've built our great country by allowing those who want to live in America to immigrate. The Native Americans, however you'd like to categorize them and their ancestors, were not immigrants to the United States of America.
[/quote]They came from somewhere, no matter how many years ago it may have been. Look up the Land Bridge

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

I say this as a complete outsider and I don't mean to get so political here but the whole 'fighting for the safety of the American people and what you believe in' spiel you get from the US military always comes across as propaganda to me. Who exactly is putting America at danger?

Cuba? Well the US government more than got their revenge there, Cuba stopped being a threat about 50 years ago and has been living in poverty.

Iran? Seems like the case of another great power unnecessarily meddling in the affairs of another nation if you follow the 100 year history of the country it's been thrown around too often.

Iraq? Hussein was supported by the Americans at the start and posed very little threat to the US when it was invaded.

Russia? Traditional enemy but seems to me that the US are surrounding Russia a hell of a lot more than the other way round.

Vietnam, Grenada etc were obviously going to launch attacks any moment before they were invaded.

9/11 was a horrific event perpetrated by a Saudi native I believe so from one of America's greatest allies. With Saudi Arabia, you see the hypocrisy of it all. So many human rights are denied but it's ok because they give us oil.

Can actually understand the policy more in South Korea because they do have genuine maniacs on their borders. But much of the American overseas activity you wonder how necessary it is. Is it protecting the average citizen, the man struggling to get by at home or is it advancing the needs of a superpower at the risk of unnecessary death?

I have no doubt that the people that serve do a fine job of what they are asked to do and believe that they're doing a good thing. But I believe you're protecting less than you think and it's more a result of years of military industrial complex. Basically significantly reducing the military would leave a massive gap in various parts of life so it's easier to just continue an industry built on a state of perpetual war readiness that has convinced a nation of people that they are always under an awful lot more threat than they actually are.

Anyway regarding Bae, it's unfortunate but if it's policy then whether you agree with it or not I think fair is fair, there shouldn't be too many exceptions for rich and famous people, everyone should be treated similarly.

[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1437606255' post='12002550']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow. Just, wow.

One of the great things about USA is freedom to express opinions. I for one will defend your right to say the things you,say, no matter how vehemently I may disagree.

Having said that, I would suggest you check some of your facts regarding military service, compensation, benefits, etc.

Disclaimer: I am a very proud father of a son who decided during college to do his "study abroad" program in Falloujah and Mosul. He was not well compensated. In fact, he's still in many ways paying for the experience.

To all of you who served and post in this thread, thank you.

The last thing this country needs is a draft, as there are too many ways to game the system. There are already too few people with skin in the game. When I was growing up, practically everyone I knew had a father that had served in WWII or Korea, and possibly a brother, uncle, or cousin serving in Vietnam. Today, the vast, vast majority of Americans have never served in the military, and don't know anyone who has.

With mandatory service for all Americans, everyone will know someone with their a** on the line. Don't you think the decision makers will think long and hard about foreign policy decisions knowing that their sons, daughters, neighbors, and friends may be directly affected?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

[quote name='jimbonecrusher' timestamp='1437590957' post='12000892']
Wow, a lot of people talking about a country that they are not a citizen of. Remember to clean your own house before talking about somebody else's. Every Korean is required to serve two years. This isn't even the only country that has conscription. Does anybody really believe that the ROK Army will put him in an infantry unit? He may be rich and he may be a star athlete for South Korea, and for this he will most likely be assigned as a KATUSA (Korean Augmentee to the US Army). Because of this he will be given a cush job and still be allowed to practice a lot.

In case many have forgotten, South Korea and North Korea are still at war. They only have an armistice signed, so one shot fired by either side will start the war back up. Wouldn't you think that if a country is still at war with another country, then they should maintain a standing army? Learning history will help anybody make a rational and intelligent comment or argument.

Explain with valid facts why he should be excluded from service when every young, non-effluent man should be required to serve?
[/quote]

Wow, a lot of people talking about a country that they are not a citizen of. Remember to clean your own house before talking about somebody else's. Every Korean is required to serve two years. This isn't even the only country that has conscription. Does anybody really believe that the ROK Army will put him in an infantry unit? He may be rich and he may be a star athlete for South Korea, and for this he will most likely be assigned as a KATUSA (Korean Augmentee to the US Army). Because of this he will be given a cush job and still be allowed to practice a lot.

In case many have forgotten, South Korea and North Korea are still at war. They only have an armistice signed, so one shot fired by either side will start the war back up. Wouldn't you think that if a country is still at war with another country, then they should maintain a standing army? Learning history will help anybody make a rational and intelligent comment or argument.

Explain with valid facts why he should be excluded from service when every young, non-effluent man should be required to serve?
[/quote]

If every young, non-effluent man should be required to serve, I'm assuming you think Bae is effluent. I believe being effluent will disqualify him from military service.

The more pressing question revolves around how he can hide his effluence so effectively.

The even more pressing question revolves around how you can challenge the logic, intelligence, and validity of others while describing a person as effluent.

[/quote]

If every young, non-effluent man should be required to serve, I'm assuming you think Bae is effluent. I believe being effluent will disqualify him from military service.

The more pressing question revolves around how he can hide his effluence so effectively.

The even more pressing question revolves around how you can challenge the logic, intelligence, and validity of others while describing a person as effluent.

• 1 month later...

Conscription into the military, no matter what nation, is unpopular. Most guys (and gals) don't want to serve in the military. I was drafted back in 1971 for the US Army. I didn't want to serve, didn't have a choice. Being a citizen of a nation comes with duties. Mr. Sang-Moon Bae needs to follow the law of his nation. He may get a cush job, but as a good citizen, he needs to serve.

Many inductees all over the world had their lives interrupted. It's a great feeling when one is discharged from compulsory service. The US is fortunate to have a dedicated, volunteer armed forces.

If not, Jordan might be the next pro golfer to be drafted.

God Bless Our Troops and the USA.