Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

Anyone know the MOI #'s on the G LS vs G30? I couldn't find it.

I've also been interested to find a reference site listing Driver MOI numbers across manufacturers. Beyond looking for the G LS number, have you seen anything for older models from PING or anything from other companies?

I've found some other manufacturers MOI's on their website or reviews. I randomly saw a post on here about the G30 MOI vs G25 and G20 over a year ago but I probably can't find it again.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up a NEW G SF Tec 10* head for really, really cheap. And yeah, its legit, ran the serial with Ping.

I think what caught my eye is that the SF Tec head is the lightest of all the G series head. It has a slight draw bias because I while I prefer to miss it right, it gets a bit much. If it goes too far left, I'll crank it down to square up the face. We'll see. I still have my G30 LS Tec 10.5 with my 44.5" Tour 65. Should be interesting to see how this SF head behaves with my swing. Its cheap anyway and I can easily BST the head if things do not pan out...

You'll just end up selling it on the BST for cheap because all WRX'ers miss low and left and need the most toe heavy, tip stiff shaft to take the left side out of play...

lol, thanks..but if you recall, remember all those posts about the G30 LS vs G LS..oh those horid "how open" is the face.... "oh those G30 LS were too open, I hope the G LS is not that bad"..."keep missing it right so now I need a G" and in a Yul Bryner voice...."etc" "etc" "etc".... :pimp:

There's plenty places to sell, WRX is not the only place but hey, its worth a play for that price and I won't know how the face sits till I get it.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

So weird thing today. Took my G30 9degree stiff flex into my local store today and hit about 15 drives it, then proceeded to hit 15 with the GLS and 15 with G standard.

My G30 was clearly better than both newer versions but I just felt like the new drivers seemed heavier. I mentioned this to the salesperson so we went and tested the swing weight of all 3:

G30 - D3

G - D6

GLS - D8

I didn't have my best swing today and didn't have time to see if we could find a true D3 but am stumped these can come from the factory THAT FAR OFF!

D4 ok whatever, D5 becoming a concern, D6 and up is not acceptable. Are these not check before leaving the factory? One of the Drivers was not a demo, it actually came from the retail rack! This concerns me on any new purchase in the future for sure.

Interesting. I play a G30 SF Tec at 45" with the Tour 80R shaft. I haven't had mine swing weighted but when I bought it with the Tour 65R it was right around D0.5. So I am assuming with the Tour 80 is around a D1/D2 with the heavier shaft.

Fast forward to yesterday I was testing out the new G 10.5 head with my Tour shafts and with the Tour 65 it felt fine, but when I put my gamer Tour 80 in, it felt very heavy.

My G30 Sf tec head is 195, so a total of 200g with the adapter figured in. According to ping specs the G head is 206g with adapter. So I can see why with my Tour 80 it felt so heavy. I am probably looking at around a D5/D6. No wonder it seemed heavy.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

So weird thing today. Took my G30 9degree stiff flex into my local store today and hit about 15 drives it, then proceeded to hit 15 with the GLS and 15 with G standard.

My G30 was clearly better than both newer versions but I just felt like the new drivers seemed heavier. I mentioned this to the salesperson so we went and tested the swing weight of all 3:

G30 - D3

G - D6

GLS - D8

I didn't have my best swing today and didn't have time to see if we could find a true D3 but am stumped these can come from the factory THAT FAR OFF!

D4 ok whatever, D5 becoming a concern, D6 and up is not acceptable. Are these not check before leaving the factory? One of the Drivers was not a demo, it actually came from the retail rack! This concerns me on any new purchase in the future for sure.

Interesting. I play a G30 SF Tec at 45" with the Tour 80R shaft. I haven't had mine swing weighted but when I bought it with the Tour 65R it was right around D0.5. So I am assuming with the Tour 80 is around a D1/D2 with the heavier shaft.

Fast forward to yesterday I was testing out the new G 10.5 head with my Tour shafts and with the Tour 65 it felt fine, but when I put my gamer Tour 80 in, it felt very heavy.

My G30 Sf tec head is 195, so a total of 200g with the adapter figured in. According to ping specs the G head is 206g with adapter. So I can see why with my Tour 80 it felt so heavy. I am probably looking at around a D5/D6. No wonder it seemed heavy.

The two LS's I bought both swingweight at just a shade under D4. One was a hair over D3.5 and the other a hair under D4......so pretty consistent. One has the Tour 65 shaft at 45.25" and the other has the Alta at 45.75."

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

G30 - D3

G - D6

GLS - D8

The two LS's I bought both swingweight at just a shade under D4. One was a hair over D3.5 and the other a hair under D4......so pretty consistent. One has the Tour 65 shaft at 45.25" and the other has the Alta at 45.75."

Mine came in at D3 exactly.

G30 - D3

G - D6

GLS - D8

Mine came in at D3 exactly.

I ordered my G LS at D3, it was delivered exactly at D3.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Switching from 10.5 30LS to the new G reg at 8.4 and updating from a tour65S to 65X has been a real winner so far. Wish I had trackman data but I use the field behind my house w a 252 carry to the woods. This G is banging Pines and Poplars have the way up in the trees. Don't know the distance yet but after reading your fitting Gbone I kept going down in loft and to my amazement I was still keeping similar launch as before (was 15-16 now around 13-14) Ball speed is definitely up and distance is up as well. I'm guessing I'm picking up 10-15 yards of carry. Amazing what a loft change will do. Thought 9* was going to be too low for me and surprise surprise it wasn't low enough on the G. I ain't touchng this thing no more. Myrtle Beach golf trip in 6 days and can't wait to see the carry next week when its 75 there and not 38 hitting in my backyard.

Switching from 10.5 30LS to the new G reg at 8.4 and updating from a tour65S to 65X has been a real winner so far. Wish I had trackman data but I use the field behind my house w a 252 carry to the woods. This G is banging Pines and Poplars have the way up in the trees. Don't know the distance yet but after reading your fitting Gbone I kept going down in loft and to my amazement I was still keeping similar launch as before (was 15-16 now around 13-14) Ball speed is definitely up and distance is up as well. I'm guessing I'm picking up 10-15 yards of carry. Amazing what a loft change will do. Thought 9* was going to be too low for me and surprise surprise it wasn't low enough on the G. I ain't touchng this thing no more. Myrtle Beach golf trip in 6 days and can't wait to see the carry next week when its 75 there and not 38 hitting in my backyard.

3w, Awesome... I love reading stuff like this!

Congrats on your new gamer and settings and have a fantastic time in Myrtle... Enjoy!

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Tried again today, and I mean i really tried hard to find a reason to play my GLS over my G30LS........Different shafts.....Same Shaft.....I cannot for the life of me find anything about the new head that is better than the old one, as a matter of fact,for me, the G30 is better in most respects........The thing that stands out the most about the G30 is how much more accurate it is. Both heads weigh 199 grams, but the G feels lighter, almost to the point that i can't feel where the head is during the swing.

Tried again today, and I mean i really tried hard to find a reason to play my GLS over my G30LS........Different shafts.....Same Shaft.....I cannot for the life of me find anything about the new head that is better than the old one, as a matter of fact,for me, the G30 is better in most respects........The thing that stands out the most about the G30 is how much more accurate it is. Both heads weigh 199 grams, but the G feels lighter, almost to the point that i can't feel where the head is during the swing.

Did you try adding a bit of weight so you could feel the head?

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

No need to fight it...sounds like the G30LS is the one for you...and it is a great club, I'd just enjoy it...sounds like you hit it very well and have good feeling about it.

Did you try adding a bit of weight so you could feel the head?

I didn't have any lead tape with me...That will be my last attempt...Keep in mind by the way, I'm not talking numbers here....i'm talking comparing in real life situation hitting multiple balls on a golf course.

No need to fight it...sounds like the G30LS is the one for you...and it is a great club, I'd just enjoy it...sounds like you hit it very well and have good feeling about it.

I think you are right, but you know how it is.....Hard to resist trying to make something work.

Congrats on your new gamer and settings and have a fantastic time in Myrtle... Enjoy!

Yep I'm excited. I'm guessing I'm carrying around 265 now from around 245-250 last year. Lowering loft has helped me reduce spin and get better ball speeds I believe...Looking back on it I probably shouldn't have been in the 30LS at 10.5 last year. Reading the trials was very informative...only wish was I had put my grip on different instead at the previous 9* loft...lol.

Yep I'm excited. I'm guessing I'm carrying around 265 now from around 245-250 last year. Lowering loft has helped me reduce spin and get better ball speeds I believe...Looking back on it I probably shouldn't have been in the 30LS at 10.5 last year. Reading the trials was very informative...only wish was I had put my grip on different instead at the previous 9* loft...lol.

I just got a G 9* LS head and I am hoping to achieve the same result with the lower ball flight, I think your SS is close to mine, 105-108 but sometime I am cool at 100, it all depends. I still have my 10.5 G30 LS Tec head as well as a fall back. Be interesting especially to see what the swing weight will be with that new head and in a finished length of 44.25" in a Tour 65 shaft. I know the LS head is the heaviest of all the G series head.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I just got a G 9* LS head and I am hoping to achieve the same result with the lower ball flight, I think your SS is close to mine, 105-108 but sometime I am cool at 100, it all depends. I still have my 10.5 G30 LS Tec head as well as a fall back. Be interesting especially to see what the swing weight will be with that new head and in a finished length of 44.25" in a Tour 65 shaft. I know the LS head is the heaviest of all the G series head.

Curious to hear your results as you are right on the money as that's how I'd describe my SS. I went w the G and it's worked out great but will be curios to hear how this goes for you with the G LS as it always makes you wonder....could I've gotten a few more yards.

I believe the X helped me as well from the S. Those of us in that 103-107 zone always on the bubble it seems.

I did make one other significant change this year. Last year I was teeing the ball down with 2 3/4 tees and switched over to 3 1/4 tees with the peg only 1/2 way down in the blue painting on those ones you can buy at Dicks (you know yellow and white for the 2 3/4 and the blue and white 3 1/4 ones.) Catching the ball on the sweet spot consistently now. Howard Jones on here helped me with the sweet spot as it appeared to be slightly above the center of the face and slightly toward the 10 oclock position (He's got plenty of post in here explaining how to find it). I just simply balanced the head on a small bolt head and now have a small sharpie marking the COG sweet spot. Ball at address sitting above the club head now. When I don't try and hit up on the ball (usually creates more top spin for me) and just hit through the ball....wow it's really popping off the face for me. Probably a good 500 hits and finally have this thing dialed in for the upcoming season. Good luck...just thought I'd share that. I'm a train and error guy and not one to take advise from on swing, plane, and all the other things, just thought I'd share what's really worked for me.

I got my Gsft, and it was digitally lofted to 9.5. I actually hit it better in the 10.1 degree setting.. A LOT Better. I have a 105-107 SS, i have a negative angle of attack that its pretty severe. at the fitting, lofting up did not make things better.. but in this case, KILLING IT.

Our driving range is about 250 to the back and to the left end is the maintenance barn with the dumpster about 270-280ish... I hit several (now they were tugged left about 15 yards from my target) and I hit several that bounced over the dumpster on the first hop...

Our range balls are about 10 yards short on most irons, but i would imagine as long as they arent knuckling, they arent that bad with the woods... so I'm pleased.

They did not get the lofting the way I wanted. I did not specify what position I wanted the 9.5 at (i ASSuMEd that it would be neutral. but that is not how they do it.

a 10 degree driver with 9.4 and 9 degrees at the adjustablilty points digitally lofted to 9.5 without specifying, is a 10.1 degree driver.. then adjusted down to 9.5 at the first adjustment point.

Just a heads up to anyone else that is thinking about ordering a digitally lofted head. you need to specify neutral.

I don't want to wait for a new one. But also, I hit this thing so well at the neutral setting, why get another one...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I got my Gsft, and it was digitally lofted to 9.5. I actually hit it better in the 10.1 degree setting.. A LOT Better. I have a 105-107 SS, i have a negative angle of attack that its pretty severe. at the fitting, lofting up did not make things better.. but in this case, KILLING IT.

Our driving range is about 250 to the back and to the left end is the maintenance barn with the dumpster about 270-280ish... I hit several (now they were tugged left about 15 yards from my target) and I hit several that bounced over the dumpster on the first hop...

Our range balls are about 10 yards short on most irons, but i would imagine as long as they arent knuckling, they arent that bad with the woods... so I'm pleased.

They did not get the lofting the way I wanted. I did not specify what position I wanted the 9.5 at (i ASSuMEd that it would be neutral. but that is not how they do it.

a 10 degree driver with 9.4 and 9 degrees at the adjustablilty points digitally lofted to 9.5 without specifying, is a 10.1 degree driver.. then adjusted down to 9.5 at the first adjustment point.

Just a heads up to anyone else that is thinking about ordering a digitally lofted head. you need to specify neutral.

I don't want to wait for a new one. But also, I hit this thing so well at the neutral setting, why get another one...

Awesome...feels great to know when you know. Now we have to hide the torque wrench and just go play. Nice to get it 'dialed in'.

Hide it... then you won't be able to say.... CRAP!, I forgot to put it back on my normal setting! when you hit a bad one in front of your normal guys..

then you can pretend to b**** about not remembering where you had it exactly when you struggle the rest of the round

(oh wait, is that just me?)

I still may actually loft this one up a little more, as I still hit my fade about 5 yards more than I want (i just always hit a 10 yard cut... its going to happen)

if I loft it up and close the face just a tiny bit, then it might take a little off of that. but I hit this thing pretty high as it is...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I have about the same swing speed as you (avg 107mph) and last season was my first attempt at lofting up - PING i25 10.5* w/Tour 65x - and while I hit a good percentage of the fairways I think I lost distance as a result. My previous gamer driver was a Titleist 909 D2 8.5* with a stock VooDoo stiff flex shaft. I hit the two of them side-by-side indoors on Flightscope on several occasions and the old Titleist had slightly better numbers across the board including about 400rpm lower spin. I consistently hit the center of the face with the Titleist and struggle hitting the sweet spot with the i25 which may explain the spin difference to some degree. To make a long story short I think it's possible to benefit from lower loft and more positive angle of attack . The G LS I ordered is 9* and I'm looking forward to comparing it to the i25 and the 909.

PING G425 Max 9* @ 7.5* PING Tour 65s
PING G425 Max 3w PING Tour 75s
PING G430 Max 7w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 22 PING Tour 85s
PING iBlade 4-pw DG XP95 S300
PING Glide 3.0 50s, 54s, 58s
PING Sigma 2 Tyne 4

We will be looking for an update on how it goes for you on the new G LS coming in. Thanks for reaffirming the discussion. With CG so far back on the Ping it took me awhile to figure that out for myself. Came from SLDR just 12 months ago, then into the G30LS and now the G. I think w the SLDR the 10.5 was right for me just not in the Ping line up. The 30LS helped me tremendously last year as that thing was a fairway finder and good length too. Just didn't realize I was losing distance until I went with the 9*.

No, with your swing speed (100+) you can probably get the benefit of lofting down. it takes more speed to be able to do that. you have it, I do too, but i have a negative angle of impact (-3-5 degrees!) I also have a non over the top cut.. I actually come from the inside TOO much and don't clear enough. which is why i can hit the BIG OLE DUCK HOOK too..

There will be probably a good bit of difference between your i25 and the new GLST...

The shape of the Anser and i25 is the best shape Ping has ever made in my opinion. I struggled with the G25 and 30 for this reason... but the lines on the G's crown make it look different enough to me that I am good with the way it looks at address.. I really like the way it looks.

I played the Anser, and then the G30 LST and honestly never hit the G30 as well as I would have liked.. I sent my anser off to have a Florida Gator club crown put on it and borrowed my clubs G30 (but the only one they had was the SFT) I have never hit anything as good as that damn club... So I bought one... but I am too smart for my own good.. I play an Anser... its low spin... I love it.. so the G30 in low spin will be just like the Anser and just like the SFT that I killed.. I win at life forever!!!!!

wrong..

so I bought a SFT this time...

:/

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I played a 9* G30 LS Tour S shaft all of last year. Even had a 1 on a 324yd Par4 with the club. Thought I would go to the grave with the club. I drank the koolaide though in October and got fit for an M1. It was slightly longer and I tried to convince myself it was just as forgiving. Fast forward to yesterday and I dropped by my local Golfsmith. They had just taken in a 9* G LS on trade. I decided to hit it a few times on their monitor. I couldn't believe the numbers. Having trouble spinning it over 2000 and I remembered my G30 averaging around 2500. So out to the car I went and grabbed both the G30 and the M1. I'm not sure what the magic in this head is but I was consistently 300-400 rpms less spin on the G vs the G30 with my same Tour 65 shaft. This pushed the G back past the M1 in distance and don't even talk about dispersion. I averaged just over 2000 total spin and 260 total distance with my meager 100mph swing and that's with the bad shots added into the equation. So if anyone wants a mint G30 LS 9*, one has been traded at Golfsmith in Duluth GA. Plus they have 15% off all their used clubs. I snagged this G for $298 out the door before trade. I'm keeping the M1 for now and will let them battle it out on the course over the next couple of weeks.

Not sure what the magic is in this head. I think I may have just run across "the one" for me. With the variances in manufacturing as such, sometimes you can luck into these situations if you don't want to wait for a digitally lofted perfectly fitted. Still I see more of an evolution in this head so if many on here are getting great results with a G30, no reason to upgrade. Just be sure to try it before you write the differences off.

I played a 9* G30 LS Tour S shaft all of last year. Even had a 1 on a 324yd Par4 with the club. Thought I would go to the grave with the club. I drank the koolaide though in October and got fit for an M1. It was slightly longer and I tried to convince myself it was just as forgiving. Fast forward to yesterday and I dropped by my local Golfsmith. They had just taken in a 9* G LS on trade. I decided to hit it a few times on their monitor. I couldn't believe the numbers. Having trouble spinning it over 2000 and I remembered my G30 averaging around 2500. So out to the car I went and grabbed both the G30 and the M1. I'm not sure what the magic in this head is but I was consistently 300-400 rpms less spin on the G vs the G30 with my same Tour 65 shaft. This pushed the G back past the M1 in distance and don't even talk about dispersion. I averaged just over 2000 total spin and 260 total distance with my meager 100mph swing and that's with the bad shots added into the equation. So if anyone wants a mint G30 LS 9*, one has been traded at Golfsmith in Duluth GA. Plus they have 15% off all their used clubs. I snagged this G for $298 out the door before trade. I'm keeping the M1 for now and will let them battle it out on the course over the next couple of weeks.

Not sure what the magic is in this head. I think I may have just run across "the one" for me. With the variances in manufacturing as such, sometimes you can luck into these situations if you don't want to wait for a digitally lofted perfectly fitted. Still I see more of an evolution in this head so if many on here are getting great results with a G30, no reason to upgrade. Just be sure to try it before you write the differences off.

Great post.

No, with your swing speed (100+) you can probably get the benefit of lofting down. it takes more speed to be able to do that. you have it, I do too, but i have a negative angle of impact (-3-5 degrees!) I also have a non over the top cut.. I actually come from the inside TOO much and don't clear enough. which is why i can hit the BIG OLE DUCK HOOK too..

There will be probably a good bit of difference between your i25 and the new GLST...

The shape of the Anser and i25 is the best shape Ping has ever made in my opinion. I struggled with the G25 and 30 for this reason... but the lines on the G's crown make it look different enough to me that I am good with the way it looks at address.. I really like the way it looks.

I played the Anser, and then the G30 LST and honestly never hit the G30 as well as I would have liked.. I sent my anser off to have a Florida Gator club crown put on it and borrowed my clubs G30 (but the only one they had was the SFT) I have never hit anything as good as that damn club... So I bought one... but I am too smart for my own good.. I play an Anser... its low spin... I love it.. so the G30 in low spin will be just like the Anser and just like the SFT that I killed.. I win at life forever!!!!!

wrong..

I really like the look of the i25 including the racking stripes. I didn't like the look of the g25, didn't mind the g30 but think the new G looks great. The shape is just rounded enough and the dragon fly and turbulators seem to disappear after a few swings with it. It sounds loud indoors but not a showstopper and I'm hoping it isn't so loud sounding outdoors. If hotmelt helps with he sound I may consider that option if it becomes my gamer but sound isn't that big of a deal for me if the ball flight is good.

PING G425 Max 9* @ 7.5* PING Tour 65s
PING G425 Max 3w PING Tour 75s
PING G430 Max 7w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 22 PING Tour 85s
PING iBlade 4-pw DG XP95 S300
PING Glide 3.0 50s, 54s, 58s
PING Sigma 2 Tyne 4

wrong..

I really like the look of the i25 including the racking stripes. I didn't like the look of the g25, didn't mind the g30 but think the new G looks great. The shape is just rounded enough and the dragon fly and turbulators seem to disappear after a few swings with it. It sounds loud indoors but not a showstopper and I'm hoping it isn't so loud sounding outdoors. If hotmelt helps with he sound I may consider that option if it becomes my gamer but sound isn't that big of a deal for me if the ball flight is good.

Others that play the G LS have said they didn't notice any difference in the 'sound'. For me I play the strait G and the sound is much more solid and quieter than my old G30LS for what it's worth.

Mentioned earlier about Wxr' Howard Jones helping me find the 'sweet spot' on my new driver. Went ahead and marked it w a Sharpie on my driver. Looks a little Hokie to others but I like to see the face contact since I've been trying to dial this thing in. When I'm on the mark this thing is solid, quiet, and ole so long.. I know I like pics in here so thought I'd do the WXR thing and post one.