Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

Golftown just called to say my G LS 9* w/Tour 65s @ 44.5, D2 was ready to pick up. I ordered it 12 days ago. Not bad.

That's similar to my spec except I asked for d3. I'll see how long golf discount takes to fulfill my order. This will be fun, my gamer G30 ls 10.5 with the Tour 65 stiff finished at 44.25 came out as C8...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the G LS a few weeks ago at a fitting, tried it up against the Cobra F6+, M2 and my G30 LS. M2 and G LS outperformed the G30 LS and i was hitting it 12-15 yards further (although i was never actually fitted for the G30 LS), the cobra felt awful to me. Distance wise the there was one yard in the M2 and G LS Tec, dispersion slightly better with G LS. Stock Alta shaft worked best too which was surprising.

Comparisons with the G30 LS after a few rounds with the G LS, higher flight and not as anti left as the G30 LS, mishits seems slightly better, sound/feel is definitely better with the G LS. Still in the honeymoon period but really excited about the new season with this driver on the bag.

I am about 108ss with a smooth transition and hit the Alta really well the other day, surprisingly.

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

The one I ordered from my club in January took 6 weeks

Ya that's a long wait.

Ended up getting a phone call about 30 mins after my post that it came in, so have it in hand now. Hopefully gonna hit some balls tomorrow...

And?

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I got to hit my new G LS 9* with Tour 65 stiff indoors on Flightscope yesterday. I ordered at 44.5 and D2 and when we measured it it turned out to be 44.75 and D5. I still have a G LS 10.5* loaner so I hit that for comparison with the same shaft in it. I’m attaching my results from the session. It’s interesting to see the changes the + and ++ settings make on the launch angle, height, descent angle, and spin. Ball speed is a little higher in the neutral settling because I hit a few balls at 110% just to see. I managed to get 164.4 ball speed which is a couple mph higher than anything I’ve hit in the past.

PING G425 Max 9* @ 7.5* PING Tour 65s
PING G425 Max 3w PING Tour 75s
PING G430 Max 7w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 22 PING Tour 85s
PING iBlade 4-pw DG XP95 S300
PING Glide 3.0 50s, 54s, 58s
PING Sigma 2 Tyne 4

I got to hit my new G LS 9* with Tour 65 stiff indoors on Flightscope yesterday. I ordered at 44.5 and D2 and when we measured it it turned out to be 44.75 and D5. I still have a G LS 10.5* loaner so I hit that for comparison with the same shaft in it. I’m attaching my results from the session. It’s interesting to see the changes the + and ++ settings make on the launch angle, height, descent angle, and spin. Ball speed is a little higher in the neutral settling because I hit a few balls at 110% just to see. I managed to get 164.4 ball speed which is a couple mph higher than anything I’ve hit in the past.

Sounds like pingwrx simply lobbed off the butt and didn't bother changing the rear weights...let alone getting the length right, guess WRX didn't figure out the 1/4" added for grip end....some WRX work Ping!

Mine has not come in yet (ordered 44.5 at D3) so I await with baited breath...if it ain't right it's going back to golfdiscount/ ping. I did not pay the price for shoddy work

Fingers & toes crossed

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Haven't toyed with the loft at all but got the following results with the Alta

The one I ordered from my club in January took 6 weeks

Ya that's a long wait.

Ended up getting a phone call about 30 mins after my post that it came in, so have it in hand now. Hopefully gonna hit some balls tomorrow...

And?

Hit it in the sim the other day and really like it. Seems like a nice bump in forgiveness from the Bio Cell +. It came in at D4 which was what I ordered, but came in .25" longer than what I requested. Apparently Ping measures their clubs with no grip. It MOI'd at 2960 which is a little bit heavy, so might end up chopping it down at least .25"

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

I just got a G 10.5 and with the Alta shaft it measured 45 7/8" to the end of the grip when measured at the stock 58* lie angle. Which would means Ping measures to the end of the shaft (or the line on the grip before the butt cap) not to the end of the grip.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I just got a G 10.5 and with the Alta shaft it measured 45 7/8" to the end of the grip when measured at the stock 58* lie angle. Which would means Ping measures to the end of the shaft (or the line on the grip before the butt cap) not to the end of the grip.

Doesn't make sense to me why any OEM would measure that way. Just seems to add confusion, and aside from a club builder, who would want to spec a club length with no grip.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Doesn't make sense to me why any OEM would measure that way. Just seems to add confusion, and aside from a club builder, who would want to spec a club length with no grip.

Cally is the worst. You might as well add 3/8" to their specs to get to the end of grip actual measurement.

The Heavenwood is supposed to be 43". Mine was spot on 43 3/8" at the stock lie angle.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Anyone using the 5w? No fairway-dedicated threads for the G series and thinking of trading in some old stuff while GG has the max value offer going on.

My 5 wood came yesterday. Had the stretch but it gave me similar results to my driver and I wouldn't use it off the deck so I sold it. I did hit it off the deck at the range and it was lower launching but still easy. I suspect my 5 wood will work just fine this year. I'm coming from a 3 and 7 wood, and the 5 will mostly likely be my only fairway.

Anyone using the 5w? No fairway-dedicated threads for the G series and thinking of trading in some old stuff while GG has the max value offer going on.

My 5 wood came yesterday. Had the stretch but it gave me similar results to my driver and I wouldn't use it off the deck so I sold it. I did hit it off the deck at the range and it was lower launching but still easy. I suspect my 5 wood will work just fine this year. I'm coming from a 3 and 7 wood, and the 5 will mostly likely be my only fairway.

Appreciate this. Hit it on the monitor the other day and liked what I saw, feels awesome too. If anyone else has experience with the fairways I'd love to hear.

11-14 fairways at my home track with the G this past week in route to a 73.

and 8-13 en route to a 71 at an away course with only 1 bad drive way off line.

The new G is a performer just as all the previous versions of the G series. Enough that I'm now focusing on the important stuff leading into the season 100 yards and in...

I've just ordered a G SF Tec at 10* with the Tour 65 in regular. Now a 2 week wait for it to be delivered. I'm curious to see how much more forgiving it will be over my M1 and also if my fade / slice reduces at all. Ping Nflight software recommended the shaft and setting the loft to --.

Callaway Mavrik 9*, Kuro Kage Black 60gr Stiff..
Callaway Rogue 3 wood.
Titleist U510 3 iron.
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5 - PW.
Vokey SM7, 50F, 54S, 58D.
Scotty Cameron Futura X5.

Anyone else finding the Alta beating the Tour 65? Fitted the other day (110 SS), found that one a bit better.

I'm about same swing speed and also found Alta to beat my Tour 65 at PING factory fitting last week. Numbers were similar but better feel/dispersion with Alta.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Picked up a G LS over the weekend (thank you GG trade in deal) with the Alta as I've never liked the Tour 65. I have some other shafts to use but you guys are tempting me to try the Alta...I was planning on throwing it straight on eBay.

I never liked the tour shaft either.....I've been thinking about picking up the new g ls as my g30ls sound drives me nuts and I don't want to mess with cotton/yarn/hotmelt etc. On a side note, I took my 5 wood out the other day and I LOVE it. Sounds great and the flight is perfect. The stretch didn't sound anywhere near as nice. If I wanted a strong 3, I'd go back to the rapture.

Picked up a G LS over the weekend (thank you GG trade in deal) with the Alta as I've never liked the Tour 65. I have some other shafts to use but you guys are tempting me to try the Alta...I was planning on throwing it straight on eBay.

I never liked the tour shaft either.....I've been thinking about picking up the new g ls as my g30ls sound drives me nuts and I don't want to mess with cotton/yarn/hotmelt etc. On a side note, I took my 5 wood out the other day and I LOVE it. Sounds great and the flight is perfect. The stretch didn't sound anywhere near as nice. If I wanted a strong 3, I'd go back to the rapture.

Really wanted the 5w but figured I could try out the driver for what they gave me on trade and if it didn't work, I'd sell t and get the fairway. Glad to hear it's still working out for you. The G head definitely sounds better than the 30, but I'd still be happy with my 30 otherwise.

Be careful buying a G, for the sound.......GLS is very loud.......Regular G, not so much.........One reason i sold my G and kept my G30 was because it sounded better.

Be careful buying a G, for the sound.......GLS is very loud.......Regular G, not so much.........One reason i sold my G and kept my G30 was because it sounded better.

they do seem to be hit and miss on good sound....like the bio cell + was. seems like every time i go out my g30 gets louder