Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Baddeley with the new Ping G driver in play this week...

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

Do we know are the Tour shafts the exact same as those available with the G30 ie 65 & 80 - same specs and manufacturer etc?

Are the adaptors the same?

Tour shafts have not changed. Adaptors are compatible but they have changed to a two piece adaptor and ferrule combo this year

??

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

My G driver, fairway, hybrid and crossover will be delivered tomorrow according to UPS. Yippee!!

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

yes, i am curious too as I haven't checked on mine yet...but I ordered mine two weeks ago

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Do we know are the Tour shafts the exact same as those available with the G30 ie 65 & 80 - same specs and manufacturer etc?

Are the adaptors the same?

Tour shafts have not changed. Adaptors are compatible but they have changed to a two piece adaptor and ferrule combo this year

??

Compatible but don't look the same.

SIM w Ventus Black 6x

G410LST 3w w THUMP 70x

G410 2H w Thump 80x
TM P790 4-P w X100TI
Cleveland Zipcore 50*Mid & 54*Mid

TM Hi-Toe 60*

Odyssey O-Works Black #1

My G driver, fairway, hybrid and crossover will be delivered tomorrow according to UPS. Yippee!!

Can I ask when you ordered? Thanks

I put my equipment order in around the first of the year with my rep. However one of my member's G driver is also coming in tomorrow and I ordered it on Jan. 25

Bridgestone Tour B XS

Also, anyone who has hotmelt in their g30, how much did it take to make a difference in the sound?

• Titleist TSR3 10* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Aaron Baddeley with the new Ping G driver in play this week...

Baddeley looks like he just woke up from a park bench.

He always looks like he needs a haircut and shave. I mean always.

He never gets to the full beard stage just sloppy five o'clock shadow

Though he does look scruffy he is always very nice at tournaments - signs autographs and shake hands.

I put my equipment order in around the first of the year with my rep. However one of my member's G driver is also coming in tomorrow and I ordered it on Jan. 25

Today is tomorrow!! Let's hear some on course reviews!!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TITLEIST TSR1 - 20 - MMTHybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM10 Raw 48F/53F/58T- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / SWAG Redrum

I demod the G LST today w the Tour X and Tour S 65 shafts

IMO (and take it for what it is)

-the shape is much improved, not an "pancakey" if that makes sense? LOL. Shorter front to back for sure, at least appears so

-sound is improved its not anywhere near as loud as last years model (and this was in a demo bay too, I found it fine)

-the Dragonfly graphic thingies are pretty cool and very subtle at address, zero issues

-feel is awesome, soft, but not mushy

-the dark silver face on the black crown works well, frames the ball perfectly

-the X is a mans shaft ... two swings and I knew it wasn't for me (I swing in the 104-107 range)

-the Stiff is very nice, good kick, smooth and good flight

-I was seeing 2100-2300 ish on good strikes, misses were in the 2700-2800 range and not too far off line. This is a VERY FORGIVING head

Im trying to convince myself that $589 CDN ($430 USD) is worth it or not..........

EDIT: Convinced. Golf Town has $100 trade in allowance on now on all new PING Drivers. SO ya... I'm on my way to grab it

:ban: me ... please ban me from here forever dammit

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

I demod the G LST today w the Tour X and Tour S 65 shafts

IMO (and take it for what it is)

-the shape is much improved, not an "pancakey" if that makes sense? LOL. Shorter front to back for sure, at least appears so

-sound is improved its not anywhere near as loud as last years model (and this was in a demo bay too, I found it fine)

-the Dragonfly graphic thingies are pretty cool and very subtle at address, zero issues

-feel is awesome, soft, but not mushy

-the dark silver face on the black crown works well, frames the ball perfectly

-the X is a mans shaft ... two swings and I knew it wasn't for me (I swing in the 104-107 range)

-the Stiff is very nice, good kick, smooth and good flight

-I was seeing 2100-2300 ish on good strikes, misses were in the 2700-2800 range and not too far off line. This is a VERY FORGIVING head

Im trying to convince myself that $589 CDN ($430 USD) is worth it or not..........

EDIT: Convinced. Golf Town has $75 trade in allowance on now on all new PING Drivers. SO ya... I'm on my way to grab it

:ban: me ... please ban me from here forever dammit

Well said! That about sums it up for me too. I'm just torn between the G and the G LS right now. I need 10.5* because it gave me 15* launch, which was giving ideal spin numbers too. G was ~2500 and G LS was ~1900 spin.

The ONLY gripe I had was that the LS seemed to favor the right side of the fairway, which is not a miss I want. The G was straight. I'm curious if Ping WRX can pick out a LS that has a more square face and/or put some hotmelt in the heel to make it turn over more. Anyone know?

Oh, and I have the same bag as you...Hoofer that enables my golf A.D.D.iction! ;)

Well said! That about sums it up for me too. I'm just torn between the G and the G LS right now. I need 10.5* because it gave me 15* launch, which was giving ideal spin numbers too. G was ~2500 and G LS was ~1900 spin.

The ONLY gripe I had was that the LS seemed to favor the right side of the fairway, which is not a miss I want. The G was straight. I'm curious if Ping WRX can pick out a LS that has a more square face and/or put some hotmelt in the heel to make it turn over more. Anyone know?

Oh, and I have the same bag as you...Hoofer that enables my golf A.D.D.iction! ;)

I was getting in the 14-15 LA with the LS set at 9*, which I think it pretty darn good

I could actually turn this one over, which I had a hard time with in last years G for some reason

maybe its the more compact shape or something

I wasn't planning on buying this one, but after I tried all the new models, this stood out

the VFP was really disappointing, cause I thought it looked great

I blame the bag every damn time I change something .... LOL

I was getting in the 14-15 LA with the LS set at 9*, which I think it pretty darn good

I could actually turn this one over, which I had a hard time with in last years G for some reason

maybe its the more compact shape or something

I wasn't planning on buying this one, but after I tried all the new models, this stood out

the VFP was really disappointing, cause I thought it looked great

I blame the bag every damn time I change something .... LOL

Yep, always the bag. I've stopped blaming the clubs too; purely the bag's fault. ;)

I must agree that this year's LS is not nearly as far right biased for me as last year's was. I only underline because I know everyone's swing is so different, and I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression of the club. I'm not making the claim that it shoots everything OB right.

Perhaps I'll call Ping and see if it is possible to get an LS with a less open face. I'll check back in here when/if I get an answer.

Today is tomorrow. They came in around 10:30 so I had a chance to take everything out on the course. Oh man, here we go...

Driver: Stupid easy to hit straight. Preferred shot shape is a baby cut, could play it so easily. Ball seemed to jump off the face and go forever. Sound was deeper than my G30 by a mile, really really solid sounding and feeling. We're gonna get along just fine.

Fairway: Again, stupid easy to hit. Only hit it once and it was off the tee but it was long and straight. Didn't have a chance to hit it off the deck in the few holes I played before being in the shop, but can see it being easier off the deck than the G30. Sounds just like the driver, lower pitched and not as loud but still powerful.

Hybrid: Looks like a hook machine to my eye, but did hit it a couple times and it flew dead straight. The new paint lines on the face make it easy to line up and the flight is good, especially on low strikes. Turbulators frame the face well, but other than that it didn't feel like I swung it any faster.

Crossover: I am going to love this club. Hit it both off the tee and off the deck and it was a dream in both situations. Can flight it high, low, mid, work it any direction I wanted. Hit my first shot off the toe and it produced a solid little draw that came straight back to the center of the fairway. Seemed like it carried it right between my hybrid and 4 iron on a normal swing, but could probably step on it to get it to my hybrid. What surprised me is the sound it made. Louder than an iron but softer than the hybrid. I have a feeling it's going to be an easy decision between the hybrid and crossover as to which one gets a bag spot.

All in all, very impressed with the new G line.Took the demo head out on Monday on my shaft and cranked one 391 (Game Golf certified and witnessed by 2 other players). It was downhill and downwind but it was smoked. Here's to hoping for many more like that one!

Alex

Bridgestone Tour B XS

Today is tomorrow. They came in around 10:30 so I had a chance to take everything out on the course. Oh man, here we go...

Driver: Stupid easy to hit straight. Preferred shot shape is a baby cut, could play it so easily. Ball seemed to jump off the face and go forever. Sound was deeper than my G30 by a mile, really really solid sounding and feeling. We're gonna get along just fine.

Fairway: Again, stupid easy to hit. Only hit it once and it was off the tee but it was long and straight. Didn't have a chance to hit it off the deck in the few holes I played before being in the shop, but can see it being easier off the deck than the G30. Sounds just like the driver, lower pitched and not as loud but still powerful.

Hybrid: Looks like a hook machine to my eye, but did hit it a couple times and it flew dead straight. The new paint lines on the face make it easy to line up and the flight is good, especially on low strikes. Turbulators frame the face well, but other than that it didn't feel like I swung it any faster.

Crossover: I am going to love this club. Hit it both off the tee and off the deck and it was a dream in both situations. Can flight it high, low, mid, work it any direction I wanted. Hit my first shot off the toe and it produced a solid little draw that came straight back to the center of the fairway. Seemed like it carried it right between my hybrid and 4 iron on a normal swing, but could probably step on it to get it to my hybrid. What surprised me is the sound it made. Louder than an iron but softer than the hybrid. I have a feeling it's going to be an easy decision between the hybrid and crossover as to which one gets a bag spot.

All in all, very impressed with the new G line.Took the demo head out on Monday on my shaft and cranked one 391 (Game Golf certified and witnessed by 2 other players). It was downhill and downwind but it was smoked. Here's to hoping for many more like that one!

Alex

nice review!! got me a 10.5 LS on the way. I have a Matrix Reign MTX2 which I think would be a good combo with it

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TITLEIST TSR1 - 20 - MMTHybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM10 Raw 48F/53F/58T- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / SWAG Redrum

I really want to try the new line. My wife will kill me if I buy anything new though (we're going to upgrade our TV soon).

Mike, I agree with you, the G30 line was ridiculously loud, especially the LS head. If the new G driver is anywhere near that, I would cotton ball it.

M2? UGH! But I believe you, there's a lot of TM drivers that sound and feel pretty good, I just don't think they can compete with the legendary G forgiveness. I'm interested to see if the spy site puts the M1 and M2 on that cg and spin chart. Also interested to see how the new G line compares to the G30 line. But yeah, wait a few months for the M2 to drop hehe.

For the posters that said the G LSTec is less fade biased than the previous version, I hope I get the same results when I demo. I find the G30 LS to be really hard to turn to the left. I'm actually thinking of going regular G with the tour stiff this time around. I want a bit more straight to draw flight and I think I could use a bit more spin. I have an ascending AoA and usually hit high on the face so I get really low spin with a launch of 14°-16°. It's just too high of a flight and too low spin. We'll see I guess.

To add to the posters that commented on the ratio of G to LS among players - those are some interesting thoughts. I do recall Marty saying the G is very popular among pros and amateurs alike because it's much better to go with the most stable head available and play it at a lower loft. This allows for higher ball speeds due to less deflection compared to higher lofts, and the deep and low cg allows for the gearing effect of the head to launch the ball high with low-ish spin.

Anyway, Ping f'ing rocks and I'm excited to try 'em out.

TITLEIST TSR2 TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

3w broken

PING G430 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 50F 54D 58D S200

LAB DF3 BLK, 73°, 35", Heavy

I really want to try the new line. My wife will kill me if I buy anything new though (we're going to upgrade our TV soon).

Mike, I agree with you, the G30 line was ridiculously loud, especially the LS head. If the new G driver is anywhere near that, I would cotton ball it.

M2? UGH! But I believe you, there's a lot of TM drivers that sound and feel pretty good, I just don't think they can compete with the legendary G forgiveness. I'm interested to see if the spy site puts the M1 and M2 on that cg and spin chart. Also interested to see how the new G line compares to the G30 line. But yeah, wait a few months for the M2 to drop hehe.

For the posters that said the G LSTec is less fade biased than the previous version, I hope I get the same results when I demo. I find the G30 LS to be really hard to turn to the left. I'm actually thinking of going regular G with the tour stiff this time around. I want a bit more straight to draw flight and I think I could use a bit more spin. I have an ascending AoA and usually hit high on the face so I get really low spin with a launch of 14°-16°. It's just too high of a flight and too low spin. We'll see I guess.

To add to the posters that commented on the ratio of G to LS among players - those are some interesting thoughts. I do recall Marty saying the G is very popular among pros and amateurs alike because it's much better to go with the most stable head available and play it at a lower loft. This allows for higher ball speeds due to less deflection compared to higher lofts, and the deep and low cg allows for the gearing effect of the head to launch the ball high with low-ish spin.

sound is improved 10 fold my man

its still a little more "tingy" but not near as hollow and aluminum bat sounding as last year

I like it a lot

the shape is the biggest improvement IMO

sound is improved 10 fold my man

its still a little more "tingy" but not near as hollow and aluminum bat sounding as last year

I like it a lot

the shape is the biggest improvement IMO

Although I am not a fan of the "dragonfly" look on the crown, I do like the shape of the G over the G30.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Although I am not a fan of the "dragonfly" look on the crown, I do like the shape of the G over the G30.

its different but hardly noticeable at address

now Bubba's driver is another story