2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

I know this has been asked already but I haven't seen if anyone answered. Has anyone or is anyone who played the g30 LST planning on going to the regular g this time? If it has been answered already I apologize. Thanks

I asked the same question, but didn't get a reply from anyone that did.

That being said, I played a 10.5* G30 LST, last season and just put in an order for a 9* G. I hit both on trackman and I feel the G is a bit more forgiving and really doesn't give up much distance, if any. I'm not a really high spin player to begin with, so that may have factored in to my fitting session results.

I will update once I get the G and have some time with it.

I do agree with most everyone that the G is improved in both shape and sound. That was enough for me to upgrade even if I had ended up in the "same" 10.5 LST in the G.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only sold my G30 LS because it seemed a tad fade bias. Is the G LS same way? Regular G I bet is a little more draw bias. I would like to hit these against my M1.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

If this has been discussed, my apologies........Has anyone found some of the G heads to be a lot louder than others......Have you found the LST to sound different than the regular?

I know with theach g30 head the shaft and ball could make a big difference in song for me.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Just hit the 10.5 G at the store! Very nice. Is it me or is that Ping Tour 65 shaft no joke!! Feels solid and very stout in a stiff flex.

agreed

I am usually between a S and X and can go either way depending on the brand

I took two swings w the Tour 65 X and knew right away the Stiff was enough shaft

it does feel good tho, I can feel it load and its pretty smooth IMO

I could be wrong, but I THOUGHT I read somewhere it was basically a VTS Silver ... someone correct me if this isn't right tho

I believe the ping tour shaft is a very slightly watered down UST elements chrome actually, or at least that's what the ping rep told me.

If this has been discussed, my apologies........Has anyone found some of the G heads to be a lot louder than others......Have you found the LST to sound different than the regular?

I hit both G and G-LS. I found them to feel and sound virtually the same... And both were good!

I only sold my G30 LS because it seemed a tad fade bias. Is the G LS same way? Regular G I bet is a little more draw bias. I would like to hit these against my M1.

I gamed G30 LS all last season and found it a bit fade bias as well. One of the reasons I've switched to G-LS is because I find less fade bias and easier to turn over. Plus, it looks, feels and sounds better, to me.

Just hit the 10.5 G at the store! Very nice. Is it me or is that Ping Tour 65 shaft no joke!! Feels solid and very stout in a stiff flex.

agreed

I am usually between a S and X and can go either way depending on the brand

I took two swings w the Tour 65 X and knew right away the Stiff was enough shaft

it does feel good tho, I can feel it load and its pretty smooth IMO

I could be wrong, but I THOUGHT I read somewhere it was basically a VTS Silver ... someone correct me if this isn't right tho

I believe the ping tour shaft is a very slightly watered down UST elements chrome actually, or at least that's what the ping rep told me.

I have been told by two extremely solid sources that Ping's Tour shaft is virtually identical to UST Chrome. Best OEM shaft, period.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Cool G-Bone. I have the Elements Chrome 6F4T in my M1 430 so I am really looking forward to my Tour 60 S, abliet that is more 6F4. Also, this may explain why my initial G30 LS 10.5 with a x-stiff Tour 65 was very, very good. Whatever it is, the profile suits my swing. I tried many shafts in my M1 and I always end up coming back to my EC.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Mine still hasn't come in.. I ordered it the week before the PGA show... my club got a new shipment of bags... (i won enough proshop credits to get one Sunday) so I definitely need a new driver to go in it...

edit: pics or it didn't happen

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I was fortunate enough to be one of the chosen few to participate in this years WRX Gear Trials today.

We tested 29 drives against our gamers.

When all was said and done, the G LS edged out my current gamer, G30 LS, with same DI6 shaft. Greatest differences; G dispersion was tighter, a touch easier to turn over, and to me, looks and feels much better. It was also slightly longer, but only by a couple of yards.

As far as the other 28 tested... All a distance second place to both Ping offerings, for me.

I agree but curious to your thoughts on the Cobra offerings as they and Ping are usually very similar in performance with rear CG. Love my Ping 30 LS and always liked the Fly z series from Cobra as well. Any thoughts on the King as to how it compared?

3wood,

Yesterday I hit LTD, F6 and F6+... and liked them all. For me F6+ was worst of the bunch, which surprised me because Bio Cell+ is one of my all time favorite drivers.

Next to get knocked out was LTD. It did incredibly well yesterday with the high speed guys (105 mph and up) but non of us slower guys had much luck. Looks good, feels different and I really wanted to like it but with my speed (97-100 mph) it simply did not perform well. But I will say this, LTD was the shocker for he group and many guys got fit into is yesterday.

F6 made it to my final three. It felt good, had great ball speed and smash factors, but was simply less consistent than G LS and my G30 LS. I would bag F6 in a heartbeat had the G's not been on the radar.

Thanks for that comparison update.

Well, it might just be my ears, but after hitting several G heads, and several GLS heads outdoors all with the tour 65 shaft from last year.........The G's sounds much more muted than my G30LS..........The GLS's sound like my Cobra L4V, and i"m not exaggerating. By the way, i noticed a couple reviews on line that said the LS has a higher pitched sound than the regular G........I'm anxious to see as these things start rolling in if others have the same results as i am having.

I actually ordered my 9 degree G with hotmelt just because it worried me a little bit.

I like a muted sound like the Rapture. I even stuffed the OG rapture with cotton balls years ago, LOL.

I'm really hoping it shows up this week.

**Also** Why are the majority of Pro's on the Ping website playing the regular G instead of the GLS?

Anyone know? I know their G is probably different than the one I'm ordering, but I was curious anyways.

I actually ordered my 9 degree G with hotmelt just because it worried me a little bit.

I like a muted sound like the Rapture. I even stuffed the OG rapture with cotton balls years ago, LOL.

I'm really hoping it shows up this week.

**Also** Why are the majority of Pro's on the Ping website playing the regular G instead of the GLS?

Anyone know? I know their G is probably different than the one I'm ordering, but I was curious anyways.

I found low 2000's spin consistently with the 9* G and sub 2000's consistently with the G LS. The G is super forgiving and low spin enough that a lot of pros don't need the LS until they have a really negative AOA and out-to-in swing.

Anyone know how low the normal G can be digitally lofted too? Can it get down to 8 or 8.5 degrees?

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Mine still hasn't come in.. I ordered it the week before the PGA show... my club got a new shipment of bags... (i won enough proshop credits to get one Sunday) so I definitely need a new driver to go in it...

edit: pics or it didn't happen

Great looking bag

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Anyone know how low the normal G can be digitally lofted too? Can it get down to 8 or 8.5 degrees?

8.5 should be doable... 8 could be using it. Remember, 8.5 digital can be taken to 7.5... NASTY. ;)

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Hit my new digitally lofted 9º G LS today wit DI6 on Trackman..... FILTHY GOOD!!

After some monkeying around, we found 8.4 (small -) was just ridiculously amazing, for me.

Launching at 13-13.5 and spinning at 1800-2000 on average... The BEST numbers I have EVER put up.

Best of all, you can actually feel the sweet spot!! Something that I could not say about my G30 LS.

Welcome home, little princess. :air_kiss:

Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I hit both the G and GLS on the monitor a couple of weeks ago. The 10.5* gave me a 15* launch in both heads with 2200-2500 spin in the G and 1800-2000 spin in the LS. The G is a bit more forgiving though, but the LS is still forgiving enough.

Tomorrow, I'm ordering a G or GLS, but want to make sure I get the right one. The easy answer and the path of least resistance is to get the 10.5* G and call it a day. I'm sure I'd be happy with it.

BUT, I loved the low spin of the LS version, only I don't like the right bias that it has. I wonder if Ping WRX would make a G LS at D3 SW with a neutral club face?

I hit both the G and GLS on the monitor a couple of weeks ago. The 10.5* gave me a 15* launch in both heads with 2200-2500 spin in the G and 1800-2000 spin in the LS. The G is a bit more forgiving though, but the LS is still forgiving enough.

Tomorrow, I'm ordering a G or GLS, but want to make sure I get the right one. The easy answer and the path of least resistance is to get the 10.5* G and call it a day. I'm sure I'd be happy with it.

BUT, I loved the low spin of the LS version, only I don't like the right bias that it has. I wonder if Ping WRX would make a G LS at D3 SW with a neutral club face?

The face is neutral just pay to have WRX put 7--8 grams of Hot Melt in the toe. Cheap and effective.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

The face is neutral just pay to have WRX put 7--8 grams of Hot Melt in the toe. Cheap and effective.

Wrong way around. Putting more weight in the toe will make it fade biased, so unless he is a lefty it will hit it even further right

Got to try the LS Tec today, and hit it up against my current M1 and the new XR16 Pro. All I can say is WOWSERS!

I thought my numbers with the M1 were pretty good, but the G took them to another level. As for my thoughts on the XR16 Pro, the best I can offer is that it sounded and felt nice. Those were the only positives I could find.

Tried several shafts in the G LS, but none of them could match the performance I managed to get out of the Tour 65 in X. Needless to say, and order has been placed, and the M1 will be going up for sale. I think it's the first driver I have ever ordered with a stock shaft. Yikes.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Wrong way around. Putting more weight in the toe will make it fade biased, so unless he is a lefty it will hit it even further right

You are correct, it should be in the heel. Old age brain cramp. :swoon:

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Got to try the LS Tec today, and hit it up against my current M1 and the new XR16 Pro. All I can say is WOWSERS!

I thought my numbers with the M1 were pretty good, but the G took them to another level. As for my thoughts on the XR16 Pro, the best I can offer is that it sounded and felt nice. Those were the only positives I could find.

Tried several shafts in the G LS, but none of them could match the performance I managed to get out of the Tour 65 in X. Needless to say, and order has been placed, and the M1 will be going up for sale. I think it's the first driver I have ever ordered with a stock shaft. Yikes.

Just for my own calibration (as I wait patiently to begin the golf season) what were your weight settings in the M1? And what numbers were better?

I'm curious to better understand where the G LS really excelled. Thanks!

Just for my own calibration (as I wait patiently to begin the golf season) what were your weight settings in the M1? And what numbers were better?

I'm curious to better understand where the G LS really excelled. Thanks!

9.5 degree loft, using a Matrix Ozik MFS 60X4 shaft in X flex. Weights in pic above.

The Ping seemed a bit quicker through the air. Not sure if I was simply swinging harder or whether it's more aerodynamic, but swing speed increased by an average of 3.5mph. Ball speed was faster by 6mph. However, the biggest difference was spin. It averaged 270 rpm less than the M1 at 1,650. Launch was slightly higher at 15.5 compared to 14.7, and that resulted in an increased carry distance of 21 (yes TWENTY ONE) yards, with slightly more runout too. Dispersion was a lot tighter, taking the right side out of play (which is something I have always struggled with) and forgiveness was incredible too.

Overall, it's an amazing piece of kit.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I was all set to order an M2 with HZRDUS 65 then yesterday I hit the G LS with stock 65 Tour shaft wow, I hit it further and straighter than the M2 with Fuji 60 shaft. Back to square 1 hitting all the new drivers just to make sure. Of course the 65 HZRDUS could even the playing field with the M2. But an LS with HZRDUS ?

I was all set to order an M2 with HZRDUS 65 then yesterday I hit the G LS with stock 65 Tour shaft wow, I hit it further and straighter than the M2 with Fuji 60 shaft. Back to square 1 hitting all the new drivers just to make sure. Of course the 65 HZRDUS could even the playing field with the M2. But an LS with HZRDUS ?

That 65 tour Ping shaft is very good. Doubt you

Find any shaft that is much of an improvement if you hit it liked u described.