How to dress...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy white pants

Don't buy white belt

All you need to know

White pants and white shorts are necessary in the south in the summer when it's 90-105 degrees.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Don't buy white pants

Don't buy white belt

All you need to know

White pants and white shorts are necessary in the south in the summer when it's 90-105 degrees.

I wouldn't go white pants or belt off the course, but I don't see a problem with it on the course.

I will depending on the weather. I live in Florida though, home of the jort, so anything I wear is an upgrade on many around me.

Yesterday = white pants, white bucks, baby blue shirt. With a white belt

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

If you go read post#13, i tried to offer real help to the genuine question that was the start of the thread. unfortunately, too many people chimed in with "wear what you want, screw what other people think!"

While I agree with the sentiment, this isn't very helpful. While you may not care about the way you dress or the way others do, many people do and like it or not, people form opinions about others based on their appearance.

I don't know where you live or the courses you play, but denim isn't a common sight on local courses minus the low end municipal and public courses.

embracing the fact that our clothes say something about us is not a new concept. people shouldn't be chastised for thinking so, as well as those who don't place any value in the clothes they wear or how they are presenting themselves to the world.

If being judged keeps you from doing anything, maybe you're better off just staying inside, where its safe.

Elitism will never go away,

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

If you go read post#13, i tried to offer real help to the genuine question that was the start of the thread. unfortunately, too many people chimed in with "wear what you want, screw what other people think!"

While I agree with the sentiment, this isn't very helpful. While you may not care about the way you dress or the way others do, many people do and like it or not, people form opinions about others based on their appearance.

I don't know where you live or the courses you play, but denim isn't a common sight on local courses minus the low end municipal and public courses.

embracing the fact that our clothes say something about us is not a new concept. people shouldn't be chastised for thinking so, as well as those who don't place any value in the clothes they wear or how they are presenting themselves to the world.

If being judged keeps you from doing anything, maybe you're better off just staying inside, where its safe.

neither will poorly dressed golfers

Neither will people who can't seem to mind their own business.

Neither will people who can't seem to mind their own business.

and apparently golf forum discussions about cargo shorts, jeans, and appropriate attire

Unless you are playing in jacket and tie you are poorly dressed. After all it's how golfers traditionally dressed including many of the greats of the game like Jones and Hagen.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

May your life be free of jeans and cargos,, and i hope you are never forced to play any of those "low end munis" ..lol enjoy life

and golf....

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

As you long as you have the game to back it up. An 18 handicap dressed like Rory or Ricky is not a good idea.

This is nonsense. Wear what you want. People at the course that love to make comments like "you see the swing on the guy on the range in the head-to-toe Nike gear? What a poser," is whats wrong with golf and makes me want to barf. I don't care if you are a +2 and wear jean shorts and a tank top or cant hit it out of your shadow and dress like Payne Stewart. Golf is supposed to be fun and if wearing all Nike or Puma is fun to you, have at it! Enjoy yourself.

Its not a golf only thing. When someone shows up at the gym in brand new jordan 11's, $120 jordan shorts, a throwback nuggets jersey, and a few wrist/head banks and dribbles it off their foot and airballs free throws they get labeled a poser and laughed out of the gym too.

I'm not trying to stereotype the two crowds, but there's a HUGE difference between people that play basketball and people who play golf. If I have to identify the difference, you're petty much non-observant or clueless.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

May your life be free of jeans and cargos,, and i hope you are never forced to play any of those "low end munis" ..lol enjoy life

and golf....

That's the goal!

1. Buy the clothes you want to wear

2. Wear them on the course

3. Don't worry what anyone else says

YES... Only the posers need everything like their favorite pro. I wear cargo shorts, any shirt from any manufacture, belt optional, and silk underwear so I can feel smooth golfing..

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

I have no idea what a lot of folks in this thread are thinking.

Wear what you like. Except white pants, cargo shorts, and joggers (sweat pants).

After that, the sky is the limit. Once you realize there aren't any "young guy clothes" or "old guy clothes", that there are just clothes, it'll make getting dressed a lot easier.

Go to a store, or online, look at clothes and find something you'd like to wear, buy it, and wear it. Find something to match. Buy it, wear it. Rinse and repeat.

It's not rocket surgery.

Wear what you like. Except white pants, cargo shorts, and joggers (sweat pants).

After that, the sky is the limit. Once you realize there aren't any "young guy clothes" or "old guy clothes", that there are just clothes, it'll make getting dressed a lot easier.

Go to a store, or online, look at clothes and find something you'd like to wear, buy it, and wear it. Find something to match. Buy it, wear it. Rinse and repeat.

It's not rocket surgery.

But white pants, cargo shorts, and joggers are also just clothes.

It's not rocket surgery.

Correct. But we can all agree they have no business being worn due to their ugliness. And not just on course. Off the course also.

Jeans don't fall into those categories. While many agree they shouldn't be worn on a golf course, and many clubs prohibit them, jeans do have a place in life outside of the course. In many situations they are quite fine to wear, and in some jobs, a requirement.

White pants, while fine for women, should only be worn by men if they are painting houses, caddying at the masters (which is a jumpsuit actually) or working at the asylum.

Cargo shorts are never acceptable attire. Wear normal shorts instead of the multipocketed, wrinkled, fashion fiasco cargo shorts are.

Lastly joggers, or more accurately, sweat pants. Wasn't it a Seinfeld bit? "I'm miserable, so I might as well be comfortable."

Here it is....

It's not rocket surgery.

Correct. But we can all agree they have no business being worn due to their ugliness. And not just on course. Off the course also.

Jeans don't fall into those categories. While many agree they shouldn't be worn on a golf course, and many clubs prohibit them, jeans do have a place in life outside of the course. In many situations they are quite fine to wear, and in some jobs, a requirement.

White pants, while fine for women, should only be worn by men if they are painting houses, caddying at the masters (which is a jumpsuit actually) or working at the asylum.

Cargo shorts are never acceptable attire. Wear normal shorts instead of the multipocketed, wrinkled, fashion fiasco cargo shorts are.

Lastly joggers, or more accurately, sweat pants. Wasn't it a Seinfeld bit? "I'm miserable, so I might as well be comfortable."

Here it is....

I give white/cream slacks a pass on a boat or the Kentucky Derby but I think that's it

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

It's not rocket surgery.

Here it is....

I give white/cream slacks a pass on a boat or the Kentucky Derby but I think that's it

I concur. Hadn't thought of that. Don't spend much time on the yaught anymore. :)

I recently made the move completely away from Nike apparel/shoes and have gone back to Polo, RLX and FJ shoes. I just turned 38 and i don't want to be a 40 year old guy wearing the young guy golf outfit any longer. I'm not old, but i think it's time to make the change.

Wear whatever you want but I'm not understanding that the Nike swoosh is only for younger folks. I wear whatever I can get on sale at Marhsalls. But I did breakdown and spend $50 on some Walter Hagen pants at Dick's. They are very nice.

I just don't care about what people think about what I wear.

First time I wore a pink shirt to the course I got a load of crap, wore it again a couple weeks later, nobody cared.

If you're that worried about being logo'd up then pick a brand that isn't immediately recognizable by the layman. My brand of choice is Travis Mathew since they're fairly fashion forward and their clothes are cut for slim/athletic guys like me.

You'd never see me in head to toe Rickie orange but that's just because I think it looks stupid not because I care about what anyone else thinks.

There are so many different brand options out there, just go with what you think is the most comfortable, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Look good, feel good, play good(well).

And even if you don't play well at least you still look and feel good.

Cobra King F6+, Matrix Black Tie 65M4
Callaway X Utility Prototype 21*, Project X PXI 6.0
Adams XTD 3-PW, KBS C Taper 90
Scratch 8620 D/S 50*, 56*, 60*, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold S300
Bettinardi SS15
Srixon Q Star Tour

I just don't care about what people think about what I wear.

First time I wore a pink shirt to the course I got a load of crap, wore it again a couple weeks later, nobody cared.

If you're that worried about being logo'd up then pick a brand that isn't immediately recognizable by the layman. My brand of choice is Travis Mathew since they're fairly fashion forward and their clothes are cut for slim/athletic guys like me.

You'd never see me in head to toe Rickie orange but that's just because I think it looks stupid not because I care about what anyone else thinks.

There are so many different brand options out there, just go with what you think is the most comfortable, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Look good, feel good, play good(well).

And even if you don't play well at least you still look and feel good.

Travis Mathew makes the best shirts IMO

It's not rocket surgery.

We can ALL agree? Just because you get a few more stuck up terds to agree with you doesn't mean we can ALL agree. You sound like my teenaged kids that say "ALL the kids have blah, blah, blah and I want it too!" I say to you what I say to them, be careful when you say the word ALL because then there would be true peace on some topic and that just ain't real. For the record, you're most likely in the minority. Maybe not on WRX, but then again, WRX is a small percentage of golfers in the world.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

It's not rocket surgery.

We can ALL agree? Just because you get a few more stuck up terds to agree with you doesn't mean we can ALL agree. You sound like my teenaged kids that say "ALL the kids have blah, blah, blah and I want it too!" I say to you what I say to them, be careful when you say the word ALL because then there would be true peace on some topic and that just ain't real. For the record, you're most likely in the minority. Maybe not on WRX, but then again, WRX is a small percentage of golfers in the world.

Very good point Juice, GRX is a very small percentage of all the golfers out there.

By the way, Thursday I played behind a guy wearing overalls. All of a sudden cargo shorts shouldn't sound so offensive.

It's not rocket surgery.

Very good point Juice, GRX is a very small percentage of all the golfers out there.

By the way, Thursday I played behind a guy wearing overalls. All of a sudden cargo shorts shouldn't sound so offensive.

Although I don't agree that overalls are a golf apparel item, I can't knock someone for playing golf in whatever they had on at the time. For the game to grow, the snobbish thought of someone not being able to wear whatever they feel comfortable in has to stop. My group of guys wouldn't wear jeans, but we would wear white pants, orange, white shoes, Jordan golf shoes, and whatever else would offend Judge Smails. LOL!

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour