2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

George Gankas

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some things that are not real accurate here I will try to clear up. I do not exactly speak for GG by any means, but with that said he gave me what he called "the entire package". He said he wanted me to be able to coach myself, so he gave me all of his check points, what he likes to see, the different variations of each depending on what ball flight you want, and what he prefers.

He does not have an exact swing model. He said his model are his juniors. He also does not teach a steep backswing, he prefers an on plane back swing that he describes in one of the videos I posted. He doesn't teach everyone the same exact swing. He teaches according to build and student preferences.

He does not like for intentional or conscious shallowing, but he can show you several says to do it. He prefers the club to shallow through his pivot move that he prefers. And you absolutely can shallow the club with the pivot. He does not want you to "shalllow first". If you setup the way he prefers and your lower body moves the way he prefers, the club automatically shallows. There is zero manipulation or intent to shallow anything, it will automatically happen because of the way he teaches you to pivot, which is one reason he is wildly successful because not many guys are teaching what he teaches or understands how to teach it. Sorry TB, but you just don't understand what he is doing or how he is doing it.

Of course I don't understand, I can only go by the videos he puts out for everyone to see.

There was a very good one with Johnny demonstrating it but I cannot find it anymore (he's deleting stuff???). Key was hands stay up and wide, getting narrow is a death move, rotation will shallow club.

Can you link one where rotation shallows?

The rotation of the pelvis shallows the club.

Bc he took the drill from GG's instagram

Oh! He's being protective of GG's highly original and proprietary content? It makes sense now.

Trolling the GG thread again, huh? Remember to be a good boy and play nice, gonna spoil it for us again. Love the simplicity though.

Boy you get your panties in a wad easy, don't you?

This is for guys asking about setup, lower back more upright, spine curved, armpits over knees over balls of feet, chin more down. This is the kid that just blistered the field at 16 under.

https://www.instagra...-by=ggswingtips

This one explains "leaving the arms up" which is what you do when the pivot shallows. There are several but I didn't go through them all. You literally "leave the arms up" and do nothing with them. In this video he uses his right hand to push the arms down but he is demonstrating a point. When he teaches, you just pivot and the club will shallow.

I could post my swing but I would rather not. My club is shallowing much more by "leaving my arms up" and letting my pivot shallow the club. You just have to know what he teaches and how he teaches it.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Here is another, read what GG wrote and watch as the kid pivots the shaft starts laying down because of the stretch and the pivot, you literally have to do nothing with the arms at all. There is no "shallowing first".

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

Here is another, read what GG wrote and watch as the kid pivots the shaft starts laying down because of the stretch and the pivot, you literally have to do nothing with the arms at all. There is no "shallowing first".

GG says to sit into the right leg in transition, does that set up the right femur as the pivot point in the DS? If not what is he pivoting around?

GG says to sit into the right leg in transition, does that set up the right femur as the pivot point in the DS? If not what is he pivoting around?

No, it is just a feel to sit into the right leg. He actually wants the weight 50-50 between your feet at p6, then you push off of the right instep and go more left. He actually never wants your weight right as he explained it is too difficult to extend if you have too much weight right.

Do you consider the separation he's doing as pure rotation?

Not sure what you are getting at. What is "pure rotation"?

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

Interesting stuff here...

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

No, it is just a feel to sit into the right leg. He actually wants the weight 50-50 between your feet at p6, then you push off of the right instep and go more left. He actually never wants your weight right as he explained it is too difficult to extend if you have too much weight right.

Do you consider the separation he's doing as pure rotation?

Not sure what you are getting at. What is "pure rotation"?

Heath.....what is actually rotating from P6? You push off your right instep and rotate the hips fast?

Heath.....what is actually rotating from P6? You push off your right instep and rotate the hips fast?

By P6 the hips should be pretty open already, so it's primarily the chest that's opening fastest into impact with GG's model. Chest catching up to hips as he describes in one of the earlier vids posted

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Exactly as drew said, at p6 hips are way open and shoulders are square, from there you extend the left side, belt buckle would move toward the target. It all depends on the shot you prefer too. You could stay more in flexion longer and hit low spiny fades.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

This is for me, but I use what George calls the "late throw" so basically the arms extend after impact.

Transition for me doesn't feel like I'm moving my tailbone right, it feels like my left knee is going down and around and my knees separate. I concentrate on having my pressure directly between my feet.

I actually feel like my arm is on my chest until impact. Key is having arms in front at the top.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

I just don't get the knee action. I try to do what he is doing and I just look stupid lol

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

So when you say 50/50 do you mean hips centered between feet at p6?

Pressure. From transition to p6 I try to feel my pressure directly between my feet and then push off right instep to extend like you and I worked on like the baseball pitcher b

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

Pressure. From transition to p6 I try to feel my pressure directly between my feet and then push off right instep to extend like you and I worked on like the baseball pitcher b

How are are you measuring pressure? Where should hips be at p6 relative to feet?

How are are you measuring pressure? Where should hips be at p6 relative to feet?

It is exactly like the video I posted in the very first post. We didn't use pressure plates, 100 percent feel of the pressure and weight sitting down between the feet.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

In transition, weight feels 50/50, but because the left leg went external, the outside three toes feel pressure. From there, he wants a "kick up", which is the right side firing through as the left heel takes weight.

In full motion, it feels like your left leg rips around, while your mass feels centered. The club (for me, who has always dumped from a steep angle) feels like a Furyk move. As I'm rotating through, the club feels way behind me. It's really not close to such a move, as the kick up just happens, and brings the club through the hitting area.

For a guy that was taught to "post up on the left leg", this move feels miles better. The club hits the turf in a much shallower fashion, at a much higher speed. I finally feel like I can get around the shot.

Face control is a big factor, though. With a neutral grip, you have to have a little left wrist flexion, which I never learned (I was taught to play with a cupped wrist and a strong grip). That will be my focus when I go to LA this week.

For a guy that never sniffed shallow, it's awesome to finally feel it. It took some crazy exaggeration drills to break that habit.

It is exactly like the video I posted in the very first post. We didn't use pressure plates, 100 percent feel of the pressure and weight sitting down between the feet.

In the video you posted he shows the hips centered between the feet and zero lateral motion from p4 to p6. Says that is "exactly what he wants to happen". Then says to practice the COM and hips backing up but in reality they should stay between the two balls without any lateral motion. I'm just trying to make sure I'm clear on what he wants.

I asked if he wanted hips centered between the feet and then asked more specifically where he'd like than relative to the feet. The video you posted shows centered at p6 with no lateral motion p4 to p6 as ideal. Just trying to make sure that is accurate.

How does one avoid pinning the left arm across the chest if you leave the hands up?

Schnee, I had the same thought but this video cleared it up for me.

I think it's about maintaining width with the arms as you rotate, and the feeling of keeping them up creates that. Just a feel.

I have the same questions as Schnee. It seems impossible to not have left arm pinned across chest with this move especially if you have some depth in the backswing. I've never heard him mention depth in he backswing and it seems like he doesn't stress it with his players. Just wondering. No criticizing his teaching.

Callaway Epic subzero 
Srixon u85 18 degree 
Srixon 975/z-forged
Cleveland RTX 4
Taylormade spider
Srixon XV

The COM backing up....the image he shows a lot..where it looks like the a** is sitting way over the right side...is an exaggeration of the move. Most good young players start with such a ridiculous bump over (and subsequent dump under plane) that he exaggerates the opposite to level them out.

For guys suffering from the exact opposite problem, he has a different way to tackle that issue.

That type of exaggeration would cause them problems. They'd stay on the right side.