Spieth's Attitude

KnightPS

The issue I have with Spieth is how he poorly he acts when things aren't going his way, and then becomes the media darling after a good round.

So what you're saying is that he openly expresses anger and frustration with himself (and occasionally with caddie Michael) on the course, but doesn't take it out on the media or the fans at the conclusion of the round? Quite honestly, this is my favorite type of personality to watch out there.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're even remotely offended or bothered by how Spieth acts, you have some problems...you're most likely jealous and want something to bring him down a notch.

Β 

Course I'm jealous. Guy has $100MM and a green jacket.

Β 

He can still be very annoying though.

Β 

Plus he is bald.

Β 

Actually, feeling a little better now ; )

If you're even remotely offended or bothered by how Spieth acts, you have some problems...you're most likely jealous and want something to bring him down a notch.

Β 

LOVE these comments. No one can like or dislike anything anymore? Some of us who are clearly in the minority don't like his on course behaviour. All of a sudden we have problems? I appreciate his talents and accomplishments. How he carries himself off the course is wonderful too.

Β 

Other than proclaiming his behavior bothers you, what is it that you really want?

Β 

His on course behavior is hardly dramatic, especially compared to many other players.

Β 

Its not about being offended or bothered. Its about whether or not it has a negative impact on his game, and if his more vocal frustration with his game is new this year or always been a part of how carries himself on the course.

Β 

Its not about being offended or bothered. Its about whether or not it has a negative impact on his game, and if his more vocal frustration with his game is new this year or always been a part of how carries himself on the course.

Β 

He's always been a little feisty from what I know.

Β 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19Β°,22Β° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72Β 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Nowadays being offended is the in thing. Claim that you are a social justice warrior and that Spieth offends you. As thing stand now there is a good chance you could not only get him kicked off the Tour, but imprisoned as well. Because as a SJW your concerns matter...everyone else's concerns not only not matter, but are probably illegal because they offend you.

Β 

Nowadays being offended is the in thing. Claim that you are a social justice warrior and that Spieth offends you. As thing stand now there is a good chance you could not only get him kicked off the Tour, but imprisoned as well. Because as a SJW your concerns matter...everyone else's concerns not only not matter, but are probably illegal because they offend you.

Β 

You're so right, and I couldn't agree more! It's like People want to be offended. They have exploited the ability to say they're offended and get others to feel sympathy towards them. This is why the media, politics and everything in between has become so politically correct. How long till the word 'American' is offense to someone haha?

I think it's refreshing that he calls out his caddie. I think the pressure he puts on his caddie in the term of "we won it/we lost it", challenges not only him to get better, but his caddie as well. He has high expectations for himself and others. I think they have a good enough relationship to where he can vent openly his frustration with Michael, which is what you want in a trusted adviser. It humanizes him and he's respectful and professional with the individuals he needs to be (i.e. media, fans, etc.).

Β 

It's a lot closer relationship than a professional relationship most have with their employers.

He's nasty little guy who is portrayed by the media as a poster child of good behaviour as they need some new U.S. heroes these days with TW gone and the likes of Bubba not exactly a fan favourite. Always an excuse when he doesn't get it right and the camera pans away quick so we don't get his club slamming and bad language (they learned that one watching TW for 17 years). ABS for me this week and every week - Anyone But Speith.

Β 

Yeah I feel better now too : )

Β 

Course I'm jealous. Guy has $100MM and a green jacket.

Β 

He can still be very annoying though.

Β 

Plus he is bald.

Β 

Actually, feeling a little better now ; )

Hey now. Leave the baldness out of it. You could end up making lots of enemies here.

Because as a SJW your concerns matter...everyone else's concerns not only not matter, but are probably illegal because they offend you.

Β 

Sure seems the other way around. Anyone who has called out the Speith in this thread is jealous and has serious problems because no one calls out Speith!

Β 

I have my opinion, you and others have theirs and I respect that. It's called a discussion forum where we discuss why we like or don't like things.

Β 

His on course behavior is hardly dramatic, especially compared to many other players.

Β 

Bubba and maybe Horschel? But I find Bubba doesn't provide the full play by play and animation as much as Speith has been doing lately.

Because as a SJW your concerns matter...everyone else's concerns not only not matter, but are probably illegal because they offend you.

Β 

Sure seems the other way around. Anyone who has called out the Speith in this thread is jealous and has serious problems because no one calls out the Speith!

Β 

I have my opinion, you others have theirs and I respect that. It's called a discussion forum where we discuss why we like or don't like things.

Β 

True, but some of the comments seem a bit over the top. I haven't seen him throw a lot of clubs, drop a lot of "f" bombs, treat his caddie like some players have treated theirs. Overall his on course demeanor has been rather exceptional. His post round interviews show a level of maturity beyond his years, and involve more than "it's a process", and "my glutes misfired", or some such.

Β 

Sure seems the other way around. Anyone who has called out the Speith in this thread is jealous and has serious problems because no one calls out the Speith!

Β 

I have my opinion, you others have theirs and I respect that. It's called a discussion forum where we discuss why we like or don't like things.

Β 

True, but some of the comments seem a bit over the top. I haven't seen him throw a lot of clubs, drop a lot of "f" bombs, treat his caddie like some players have treated theirs. Overall his on course demeanor has been rather exceptional. His post round interviews show a level of maturity beyond his years, and involve more than "it's a process", and "my glutes misfired", or some such.

Β 

I don't think anyone is saying he is dropping f bombs and tossing clubs because he's obviously not. He's just going over the top and more animated and vocal about why a putt missed or why a ball bounced a way he didn't like. I said earlier why it annoys me and I think this is wasted energy and is possibly wearing him down.

Β 

It's enough with all the pressure he puts on himself but I don't think it's helping him to waste energy on talking, thinking or acting the way he does almost all the time when a shot doesn't go his way. Hit the shot and move on as best you can. We all know golf is about the present and not about the past.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I don't think anyone is saying he is dropping f bombs and tossing clubs because he's obviously not. He's just going over the top and more animated and vocal about why a putt missed or why a ball bounced a way he didn't like. I said earlier why it annoys me and I think this is wasted energy and is possibly wearing him down.

Β 

It's enough with all the pressure he puts on himself but I don't think it's helping him to waste energy on talking, thinking or acting the way he does almost all the time when a shot doesn't go his way. Hit the shot and move on as best you can. We all know golf is about the present and not about the past.

Β 

Maybe it's just the opposite. Perhaps for him it's a release, and then he's ready to move on and not dwell on it so he can focus on his next shot. I don't know.

Β 

I understand that it annoys you. It doesn't bother me so much as I have seen a lot worse behavior on the golf course. If that's the worse thing he does, props to him.

I'm a big fan of Jordan, but don't mind saying that he gets a little over dramatic from time to time.

Β 

However, had a bad day today, and still slapped hands with kids reaching out to him while walking from 18 to the scoring area. Lots of guys, maybe most, would have kept their head down and pretended they didn't see them.

Β 

At some point, he will decide that he doesn't like the way it looks on camera and tone it down.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 MaxΒ -Β 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid: Β Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56*Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter: Β Directed Force 2.1
Ball: Β Callaway Chrome Soft

I admit that I'm a big Jordan Speith fan. He is human though and human's are never perfect. If I could relay just one thing to Jordan it would be to tell him what the great Sam Snead said about attitude on the golf course. Pardon me if the quote is not exact but I remember it as " If you can't control your temper on the course, how can you expect to control the ball?" I think if Jordan is feeling so much pressure to win that it's causing him to behave rudely or selfishly, then he needs to have a serious talk with himself to determine if winning tournaments is more important than being himself.

I find it ironic that people on this thread are complaining about a guys attitude saying "he complains when everything doesn't go his way"....And yet here you are complaining about the image of someone who hasn't done every little thing the way you would prefer them to.

Β 

Google the word "hypocrite"

Β 

"a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs"

Β 

For hypocrite to apply here I would have to act the same way on the course (and I don't) yet call Speith out on those same actions.

I admit that I'm a big Jordan Speith fan. He is human though and human's are never perfect. If I could relay just one thing to Jordan it would be to tell him what the great Sam Snead said about attitude on the golf course. Pardon me if the quote is not exact but I remember it as " If you can't control your temper on the course, how can you expect to control the ball?" I think if Jordan is feeling so much pressure to win that it's causing him to behave rudely or selfishly, then he needs to have a serious talk with himself to determine if winning tournaments is more important than being himself.

Β 

Sometimes I wonder how many humans are on this forum, given all the judgements and criticisms being handed down. There is a thread panning Bubba Watson for wearing white, another about how terrible Phil and Rickie looked in their clothes, other complaints about how slow the players are, or how bad the announcers are, or how bad ESPN is, and the list goes on.

Β 

I don't get all the whining, complaining, and judging. Maybe we should all look in the mirror occasionally before we start casting aspersions on others.

I find it ironic that people on this thread are complaining about a guys attitude saying "he complains when everything doesn't go his way"....And yet here you are complaining about the image of someone who hasn't done every little thing the way you would prefer them to.

Β 

Google the word "hypocrite"

Β 

"a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs"

Β 

For hypocrite to apply here I would have to act the same way on the course (and I don't) yet call Speith out on those same actions.

Β 

Complaining about complaining

Β 

Sometimes I wonder how many humans are on this forum, given all the judgements and criticisms being handed down. There is a thread panning Bubba Watson for wearing white, another about how terrible Phil and Rickie looked in their clothes, other complaints about how slow the players are, or how bad the announcers are, or how bad ESPN is, and the list goes on.

Β 

I don't get all the whining, complaining, and judging. Maybe we should all look in the mirror occasionally before we start casting aspersions on others.

Β 

I think some of it is the sports talk radio era. I listen to sports radio a lot, and they have to fill 4 hours a day talking about meaningless stuff. It kind of just transitions over to forums like this, I think.

Β 

I don't mind the honest discussion about certain topics, as long as remains civil, but I definitely see your point.

Β 

On the other hand, I'm offended by what you said too. (just kidding)

Β 

Β 

Β 

I think some of it is the sports talk radio era. I listen to sports radio a lot, and they have to fill 4 hours a day talking about meaningless stuff. It kind of just transitions over to forums like this, I think.

Β 

I don't mind the honest discussion about certain topics, as long as remains civil, but I definitely see your point.

Β 

On the other hand, I'm offended by what you said too. (just kidding)

Β 

Hah!

Β 

I never listen to sports talk radio so I will take your word for it. However, I've been on other forums where the term "civility" is not part of any lexicon.